Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,394 members, 7,836,584 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 10:14 AM

Thoughts About African Americans? - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Thoughts About African Americans? (2062 Views)

What's Your Thoughts About Nigeria? / 3 Simple Steps To Stop Thinking Negative Thoughts / Facts About African Cup Of Nation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Thoughts About African Americans? by Nobody: 1:51pm On Jun 30, 2020
Hey guys, I am new here, I want to ask you what do you think about African Americans? Are they giving Africans bad name? And have you heard about "Black Is King"
Re: Thoughts About African Americans? by Gmajor(m): 2:14pm On Jun 30, 2020
IMO for you to be an African American, you have to be an American citizen in addition to having the citizenship of at least one African country.

Those people that are usually called African Americans are actually Black Americans.

Black American are Americans and have nothing to do with Africa.

1 Like

Re: Thoughts About African Americans? by Nobody: 2:16pm On Jun 30, 2020
Gmajor:
IMO for you to be an African American, you have to be an American citizen in addition to having the citizenship of at least one African country.

Those people that are usually called African Americans are actually Black Americans.

Black American are Americans and have nothing to do with Africa.

Thanks for the answer but don't you see them as distant relatives? And have you heard about "Black is king"?
Re: Thoughts About African Americans? by meobizy(f): 2:37pm On Jun 30, 2020
Which 4chan hole did this troll crawl out from?

8 Likes

Re: Thoughts About African Americans? by BlackfireX: 2:47pm On Jun 30, 2020
One of the most racist people you can find are black Americans...

Imagine your distant cousin calling you monkey?

1 Like

Re: Thoughts About African Americans? by Nobody: 2:48pm On Jun 30, 2020
meobizy:
Which 4chan hole did this troll crawl out from?

No my friend I am not a 4chan user.

1 Like

Re: Thoughts About African Americans? by Nobody: 2:50pm On Jun 30, 2020
BlackfireX:

I can understand that, Have you seen the trailer of "Black Is King"?

https://twitter.com/disneyplus/status/1277436739393449984

I think it's stupid and it shows that African Americans think that Africa is some Wakanda shit.
Re: Thoughts About African Americans? by Gmajor(m): 4:19pm On Jun 30, 2020
Alessandro9021:

I can understand that, Have you seen the trailer of "Black Is King"?

https://twitter.com/disneyplus/status/1277436739393449984

I think it's stupid and it shows that African Americans think that Africa is some Wakanda shit.

I just watched the trailer and I can't really understand what it is supposed to be.

Is it a new series or something? If so, why is it so vague?
Re: Thoughts About African Americans? by rash47(m): 4:20pm On Jun 30, 2020
BlackfireX:

That's the innate division Du Bois spoke about, it's terrible phenomenon for the negro race
Re: Thoughts About African Americans? by Gmajor(m): 4:21pm On Jun 30, 2020
Alessandro9021:

Thanks for the answer but don't you see them as distant relatives? And have you heard about "Black is king"?

They have black skin so I guess a kind of kindred spirit may exist, but to pretend that they are Africans is not sincere.

1 Like

Re: Thoughts About African Americans? by Nobody: 4:24pm On Jun 30, 2020
Gmajor:

I just watched the trailer and I can't really understand what it is supposed to be.

Is it a new series or something? If so, why is it so vague?

It's suppose to be a movie about Africa.
Re: Thoughts About African Americans? by austinvsb: 5:22pm On Jun 30, 2020
Another r/the_donald and 4chan user invading an African forum. Your presence everywhere trying to induce seperatism between Africans and our brothers and sisters in the US just shows that you guys are now desperate and scared.

A king can only be enslaved for so long before he rises to fight back for his throne.

2 Likes

Re: Thoughts About African Americans? by Nobody: 5:32pm On Jun 30, 2020
austinvsb:
Another r/the_donald and 4chan user invading an African forum. Your presence everywhere trying to induce seperatism between Africans and our brothers and sisters in the US just shows that you guys come are now desperate and scared.

A king can only be enslaved for so long before he rises to fight back for his throne.

Brother I am Ethiopian Jew. I am not a 4chan user, and I don't browse r/the_donald. And believe me when I tell you they don't like you and me.
Re: Thoughts About African Americans? by austinvsb: 5:51pm On Jun 30, 2020
Alessandro9021:

Brother I am Ethiopian Jew. I am not a 4chan user, and I don't browse r/the_donald. And believe me when I tell you they don't like you and me.

I will need a proof that you are an Ethiopian jew. Otherwise you are just saying shit. Anyone can claim to be anything on the internet in a bid to try to push a message.

Whatever you say, African Americans are our brothers and sisters. A direct descendant of friends and families of hundreds of millions of US (Africans) and their fight for justice has had several positive effect for Africans around the world regardless of what you think or say.

Now I still need that proof you are an Ethiopian jew and not a incest bred trump supporter.

6 Likes

Re: Thoughts About African Americans? by Nobody: 5:56pm On Jun 30, 2020
austinvsb:

I will need a proof that you are an Ethiopian jew. Otherwise you are just saying shit. Anyone can claim to be anything on the internet in a bid to try to push a message.

Whatever you say, African Americans are our brothers and sisters. A direct descendant of friends and families of hundreds of millions of US (Africans) and their fight for justice has had several positive effect for Africans around the world regardless of what you think or say.

Now I still need that proof you are an Ethiopian jew and not a incest bred trump supporter.

I am brother, do you want me to type in Hebrew? To send a pic of my hand + place of residence? To send pics of Ethiopian art I have at my house? Just tell me I will do it
Re: Thoughts About African Americans? by googi: 6:11pm On Jun 30, 2020
Please stop using some ignorant African Americans and some Africans to divide us.

We have ignorant Nigerians that want to march in support of Trump knowing full well how African Americans feel about him.

I also saw the flag of Biafra in the crowd of Black Lives Matter protesters.

So ignore ignorant people no matter how educated like Skip Gate of Harvard.

1 Like

Re: Thoughts About African Americans? by Kinematics: 6:57pm On Jun 30, 2020
Alessandro9021:
Hey guys, I am new here, I want to ask you what do you think about African Americans? Are they giving Africans bad name? And have you heard about "Black Is King"

I don't know why they have AFRICAN AMERICAN as a name for a group of people but wont have EUROPEAN AMERICAN.

Shit!

1 Like

Re: Thoughts About African Americans? by austinvsb: 7:00pm On Jun 30, 2020
Alessandro9021:

I am brother, do you want me to type in Hebrew? To send a pic of my hand + place of residence? To send pics of Ethiopian art I have at my house? Just tell me I will do it

You can write your nairaland username on a paper alongside today's date then take a picture showing your arm alongside the paper
Re: Thoughts About African Americans? by Nobody: 7:24pm On Jun 30, 2020
austinvsb:

You can write your nairaland username on a paper alongside today's date then take a picture showing your arm alongside the paper

Np

3 Likes

Re: Thoughts About African Americans? by Alex9999: 7:26pm On Jun 30, 2020
We're distant relatives, just like you are to the Jews in Israel. Now, go away!

1 Like

Re: Thoughts About African Americans? by Nobody: 7:28pm On Jun 30, 2020
Alex9999:
We're distant relatives, just like you are to the Jews in Israel. Now, go away!

Why the hate?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Thoughts About African Americans? by ZooOga: 7:29pm On Jun 30, 2020
Alessandro9021:

Some young yankee bros are woke AF. don't forget, or look it up if u didn't know boxer Evander Holyfield and actor Danny Glover has been bestowed chieftain titles in 9ja

African American Experience in Nigeria

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RSGbMig2Lb4

2 Likes

Re: Thoughts About African Americans? by johnmartus(m): 7:32pm On Jun 30, 2020
Some of our Africa American brothers and sisters Has forgotten their roots. Even they have beef for we that living here in Africa.if you meet them online once they know you are from Africa they will stop talking to you.
Alessandro9021:

1 Like

Re: Thoughts About African Americans? by austinvsb: 7:39pm On Jun 30, 2020
Alessandro9021:

Np

You are for real. That's actually good to know. So what reservations do you have about African Americans? Perhaps we can educate each other smiley
Re: Thoughts About African Americans? by Nobody: 7:48pm On Jun 30, 2020
austinvsb:

You are for real. That's actually good to know. So what reservations do you have about African Americans? Perhaps we can educate each other smiley

It's nice that you believe me, from my interaction with African Americans, they seem to hate Africans, think of them as less, and use them as a convinient way to make themselves more proud, for example in the "Black is king" movie, Beyonce was never in Africa, Disney+ is not in Africa, but she is still making money and making false assumptions about Africa. Of course that doesn't mean every African American is like this but this was most of my interactions with them. What do you think?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Thoughts About African Americans? by salford1: 7:49pm On Jun 30, 2020
BlackfireX:

Them you call him or her monkey too. Problem solved.

1 Like

Re: Thoughts About African Americans? by salford1: 7:52pm On Jun 30, 2020
johnmartus:
Some of our Africa American brothers and sisters Has forgotten their roots. Even they have beef for we that living here in Africa.if you meet them online once they know you are from Africa they will stop talking to you.
No. Most likely because you are Nigerian and not African. Nigerians have a bad reputation in the world.
Re: Thoughts About African Americans? by salford1: 7:54pm On Jun 30, 2020
Alessandro9021:

It's nice that you believe me, from my interaction with African Americans, they seem to hate Africans, think of them as less, and use them as a convinient way to make themselves more proud, for example in the "Black is king" movie, Beyonce was never in Africa, Disney+ is not in Africa, but she is still making money and making false assumptions about Africa. Of course that doesn't mean every African American is like this but this was most of my interactions with them. What do you think?
In addition, becuase you had interactions with one or two African Americans doesn't mean you should paint them all with the same brush.
It's like you have a bad experience with a few Nigerian scammers, then go ahead and paint all Nigerians as bad people.

Mind you, I have Ethiopian friends and other African friends married to African Americans.
You will always find ignorant and uneducated people among every tribe or race.
Re: Thoughts About African Americans? by Nobody: 7:56pm On Jun 30, 2020
salford1:

In addition, becuase you had interactions with one or two African Americans doesn't mean you should paint them all with the same brush.
It's like you have a bad experience with a few Nigerian scammers, then go ahead and paint all Nigerians as bad people.

Mind you, I have Ethiopian friends and other African friends married to African Americans.

Good for them, I just told you my experience.
Re: Thoughts About African Americans? by salford1: 7:56pm On Jun 30, 2020
Alessandro9021:

Good for them, I just told you my experience.
I just told you my experience too. Mind you I live in North America.
Re: Thoughts About African Americans? by Nobody: 7:58pm On Jun 30, 2020
salford1:

I just told you my experience too. Mind you I live in North America.

Yeah it was pretty obvious, what do you think about the problems of the African American community? Like crime, bad culture etc. Do you think it's changing for the better?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Thoughts About African Americans? by salford1: 7:59pm On Jun 30, 2020
It will be unfair if I call all Ethiopian or Somalian Americans refugees becuase a large number of them migrated to North America as refugees.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Peter Obi: Major Flaws In Afenifere's Support For Peter Obi / "work Is The Antidote For Poverty" / What Was The Most Painful Thing You Lost On NL?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.