Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,132 members, 7,814,956 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:48 AM

Please Advise Me, Where Can I Start Afresh? - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Please Advise Me, Where Can I Start Afresh? (1040 Views)

A Friend Is About To Tender His Resignation Tonight Please Advise / My Boss Nags Each Time Its Time To Pay Salary. Please Advise Me. / If Given A Complete Freedom To Start Afresh, What Profession Would You Choose? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Advise Me, Where Can I Start Afresh? by vkings: 9:01pm On Jan 31, 2011
Hello everyone,

I have been so frustrated for long now.I just try to keep myself cheerful sometimes but it's really not been easy for me.

I have both first and second degree but yet to secure a job. Not even a small job and this has been for years now.
I am tired of collecting from family members and being looked at by people as a lazy person (I wish they understand the steps I take everyday).

Right now, I want to move away from as many persons as possible (including family members) that I know, to enable me start on my own.
Thus, I will like to know what part of the country you think I can settle down(except for LAGOS, PORT HARCOURT, ABUJA, IBADAN, WARRI, OR ANYWHERE IN THE NORTH) and start my life no matter how small.

Please, I will like to know where the best place to start life in Nigeria is. At the moment, I have no job and I'm thinking of starting up a business (no matter how small) wherever I move to.

Will also appreciate if you can tell me the best business to enter in such location.
Re: Please Advise Me, Where Can I Start Afresh? by MaJBlige(f): 9:08pm On Jan 31, 2011
how much do u have at hand?
Re: Please Advise Me, Where Can I Start Afresh? by vkings: 9:13pm On Jan 31, 2011
just about 50000naira but I can always get an assist for more after I make up my mind on where I intend to go.

Doesn't sound so good!! That's why I have to leave.
Re: Please Advise Me, Where Can I Start Afresh? by AjanleKoko: 9:33pm On Jan 31, 2011
@OP,
Tough, and I sympathize.
If you have N50k on you, why not start a business right now? Why do you need to run away?
Just stay away from family (apart from the ones you live with), and focus on whatever you want to do. If you are busy, and go out early in the morning to hustle, come back late at night, and keep to yourself, you shouldn't have a problem. That is, if you don't have another reason for running away.

I personally think Lagos is the best place to hustle. Try to find a job, even if it is manning the copier at a business center. I don't know what your definition of 'small job' is. But try to find something to do, put your degrees to one side, and go out and earn some sort of honest living.
Re: Please Advise Me, Where Can I Start Afresh? by vkings: 9:49pm On Jan 31, 2011
@Ajanlekoko,

Thanks for your advice.

Nothing is chasing me away but I just think I need a change of environment.
You know, there are some things you see that makes you feel bad or think regretfully eventhough it's not your fault.
Re: Please Advise Me, Where Can I Start Afresh? by bolaoni(m): 2:58pm On Feb 01, 2011
@OP,

Do you know what it will cost you to run away? Do you know how much it will cost to secure a new apartment where ever you run to?
By the time you settle down, you will discover that the whole money is GONE!

Start from where you are as Ajanlekoko has stated. Don't think too much about what others will say or do to you. Just start anyway.

N50k is enough for you to start something. It is may be necessary for you to learn a new skill that will help you start afresh.

Forget about the degrees and get something started asap.

(1) (Reply)

Bankers, Exciting Times Are Ahead! / Any Agricultural Science Graduate Ready To Start A Farm? I Got Acres Of Land. / Lets Talk About Sap!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.