Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,425 members, 7,836,701 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 11:42 AM

Bankers, Exciting Times Are Ahead! - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Bankers, Exciting Times Are Ahead! (1043 Views)

For Bankers, Ex Bankers And Bankers To Be / Bankers Whats The Way Forward?? / Why Are Some Female Customer Care Assistant Bankers Hyper-reactive? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Bankers, Exciting Times Are Ahead! by Adesiji77: 10:17pm On Nov 15, 2012
The current gloomy climate in the banking industry shall soon be over. Consider the following;

DIAMOND BANK is to open additional 70 branches in the next two years

FIRST BANK is expanding her retail business. ''We set ourselves a target to open 135 branches by 2013 and as we speak we have opened 75 and we have 60 under construction,” Said the MD, Bisi Onasanya

SAVANNAH is to be reopened soon according to NDIC

SOCIETE GENERALE (SGBN) had obtained regional licence from the Central Bank of Nigeria to start operations and would resume operations under a new business name, Heritagebank. NDIC was conducting the second deposit surveillance to enable the bank to take off effectively. The Managing Director of Heritagebank attended the last Bankers' Committee meeting earlier this week at the CBN headquarters in Abuja.

UNION BANK is rebranding and will soon hire experienced hands now that Emeka Emuwa has taken over

RENAISSANCE CAPITAL has launched a consumer finance division named Rencredit and is set to select her team in Nigeria. It is headed by a former GM in Skye Bank

RAND MERCHANT BANK, a subsidiary of the South African banking giant, FIRST RAND, has obtained license from CBN to operate as a merchant bank

JAIZ ISLAMIC BANK is set to open more branches in some state capitals

STANBIC IBTC BANK is to open additional 30 branches next year

What more shall I say? Certainly, the Nigerian banking industry will soon become an employees' market and another round of poaching typical of the pre-2009 period is set to commence...Optimistic, you say?
Re: Bankers, Exciting Times Are Ahead! by 234GT(m): 7:04am On Nov 16, 2012
@adesiji, are you a banker? I am surprised that I can read anything positive about banking and bankers on nairaland. Most people condemn banking and paint bankers as sad and unfortunate slaves. I dont know why it is so. There is a thread on this career section titled A SAD DAY IN THE LIFE OF A BLOODY NIGERIAN BANKER. You should read it. It is just one of many write-ups here on nairaland. I have concluded that banking cannot be as bad as it is being painted on nairaland.

(1) (Reply)

PTDF Past Questions / Get Trained And Make Sales-(pics) / The Forgone Alternative: N.Y.S.C Vs My Job

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.