Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,612 members, 7,865,472 topics. Date: Wednesday, 19 June 2024 at 06:40 PM

Obaseki's Campaign Strategy (Pictures) - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obaseki's Campaign Strategy (Pictures) (83304 Views)

Aerial View Of Gov Obaseki's Campaign Flag Off In Akoko Edo Yesterday / 35 Political Parties Join Obaseki’s Campaign ‘train’ / APC Circulating Fake PDP Campaign Strategy - APCO (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Obaseki's Campaign Strategy (Pictures) by Kindledlight(m): 6:37pm On Jul 02, 2020
JuanDeDios:

He has always been one. He bypassed far better-known candidates to pick Obaseki in 2016. He made Obaseki governor. Obaseki cares nothing about godfatherism - he's only against it because it doesn't favour him this time, so he's using it to whip up sentiments, knowing that voters think with their hearts rather than with their heads.
To buttress your point,he was actually warned and some party elders fought him because of this ingrate called Obaseki but he wouldn’t listen,If you listened to kasim Afegbua you will know what am saying.I think Oshiomole actually bleeped up because he took that election like he is the one contesting in it.
Re: Obaseki's Campaign Strategy (Pictures) by proxillin(m): 6:39pm On Jul 02, 2020
Ambode is an excuse for a man. I have never seen a gud for nothing coward like him.

Even if Obaseki no win, he earn my respect.

Ambode coward in to appease his baba, upon all he still lost, and they are still chasing him withh EFCC.

Why not face your demon and tame it?

He will be regreting wherever he is right now. MUMU WEREY
Re: Obaseki's Campaign Strategy (Pictures) by waziri4biz: 6:40pm On Jul 02, 2020
So you think Tinubu is stronger than Wike.... Let's not even talk of Tinubu let's talk about the name people are singing about on the streets..... Everyone is angry with Oshiomhole and trust me right now Oshiomhole cannot enter Benin without being stoned just wait till September 19-20th and you'll understand why Edo is not Lagos
Kwamecron:
We go see

Make una no beg Obaseki ooh

Osheomole the slayer

He should av not drag lagos into this Edo campaign.

Lagos leader will not take it likely

He should go ask Saraki Amosun oyegun
Re: Obaseki's Campaign Strategy (Pictures) by Theoarhics: 6:44pm On Jul 02, 2020
Edos can't be intimidated...the only empire that can never be conquered right from history till the British came.
Re: Obaseki's Campaign Strategy (Pictures) by Abbeylanre15(m): 6:44pm On Jul 02, 2020
omlueh:
Edo can never be Lagos of course, all politicians are same and Bastards, but the only previleage Obaseki will enjoy is saying no to god fatherism which Oshimhole really and outrightly condemed and kick against

Obaseki will still be accountable to Atiku,Saraki,Seconds and the likes. They were the ones who interceded on his behalf for other aspirants to step down for him.
Re: Obaseki's Campaign Strategy (Pictures) by proxillin(m): 6:46pm On Jul 02, 2020
waziri4biz:
So you think Tinubu is stronger than Wike.... Let's not even talk of Tinubu let's talk about the name people are singing about on the streets..... Everyone is angry with Oshiomhole and trust me right now Oshiomhole cannot enter Benin without being stoned just wait till September 19-20th and you'll understand why Edo is not Lagos

APC rigging machine has the following spare parts:

Nigeria military
Police
Judiciary
INEC boss.

Forget about oshiomole/Tinubu, its impossible to defeat APC right now, except there is revolution where people are ready to face the military.

If not, na Osun riging template dem go deploy.

The only man in Nigeria who understand the game is Wike, he march them gun to gun, money to money.

1 Like

Re: Obaseki's Campaign Strategy (Pictures) by Born2Breed(f): 6:49pm On Jul 02, 2020
Simbrixton:
like say edo people fit fight, kabaka dey dere now so who una wan kill?

Kabaka is just a branch of the tree.
Re: Obaseki's Campaign Strategy (Pictures) by MrCurious: 6:54pm On Jul 02, 2020
Simbrixton:
Putin has been ruling russia for years we like lagos like dat

Thank you jare my brother.
Let them keep wailing 'Edo no be Lagos' when that same lagos is practicing their self-assumed 'godfatherism' and is far more progressive than any of their father's state or homeland. grin

1 Like

Re: Obaseki's Campaign Strategy (Pictures) by MrCurious: 6:55pm On Jul 02, 2020
Theoarhics:
Edos can't be intimidated...the only empire that can never be conquered right from history till the British came.

And what later happened? grin
Re: Obaseki's Campaign Strategy (Pictures) by Simbrixton(m): 6:55pm On Jul 02, 2020
Born2Breed:

Kabaka is just a branch of the tree.
we dey come, i dey come, kabaka no small for edo and APC go win i dey wait for d body bag u dey lag now no shakes
Re: Obaseki's Campaign Strategy (Pictures) by Kindledlight(m): 6:59pm On Jul 02, 2020
Simbrixton:
u resort to insult wen confronted with facts you wont do so well in the intellectual world son

putin's russia is not monarchial, xi jinping has been ruling china for over 15 years and tinubu isnt ruling lagos anyway he is just helping his political proteges

Please stop answering that guy,is like wasting of time.I know them that always talk this way,he is even using different moniker probably he was banned.
Re: Obaseki's Campaign Strategy (Pictures) by Dansuqi: 6:59pm On Jul 02, 2020
bigfish3k:

1.PDP has won Edo state in the last two presidential elections even when the governors and party chairmen are APC. There it is technically a PDP state
2.power of incumbent
3.they have two senators now
4.the widespread support obaseki has now
5.edo is not Lagos slogan is like the kwara otoge
Out of the the three senatorial zones, one which is the esans vote only PDP. Edo central
6.oshiomoles power as chairman is no longer there there reducing his federal might
7.obaseki left powerful moles in APC
8.obasekis deputy is a strong grass root politician in his etsako
9.edolites voted against anenih Godfatherism so they will also like to repeat it
10.because of sympathy and espirit de Corp some APC governors will secretly work for obaseki because they know it is not his fault that he left. He is a victim
11.the governors know that a victory for obaseki is a victory for them against Godfatherism which they don't like
12.oshiomole has spoilt the name of ize iyamu so much
13.obaseki won Benin the last time he will also win it now as an incumbent
14.shuaibu will puncture edo North votes etc

I like your points. Let me also address them point by point.

1. Pdp won the last two presidential polls in edo narrowly and two senatorial seats but APC wins governorship and assembly polls and more reps seats which means Edo is narrowly an APC state.
2.power of incumbency works mostly when one has federal might.without it,you are disadvantaged.again,it is a staggered poll and the full might of APC will be concentrated in edo
3.pdp had two senators in 2012 and 2016 when they lost so those senators can do little afterall APC has more reps.

4.there is no evidence that obaseki has widespread support in edo.ize iyamu has always been a very popular person in edo.

5.edo is not lagos for now is social.media slang.oshiomhole is not like saraki,he did well.the otoge movement started long before the polls so it won't fly.pdp usually wins esan narrowly and APC has been winning igueben.

6.oshiomhole power has certainly reduced but with him being in the election committee and his allies heading the committee,he will have a huge say.he has more to lose than obaseki as his political future will depend on this election.that will be the difference.expect oshiomhole to have a battalion of security men and thugs during the polls.

7.APC should also have moles in pdp.the moles in APC are already known and most are leaving to pdp.the biggest one is ojezua and he will be sidelined.no one will trust him.if saraki's moles could not help him,obaseki is wasting his time.

8.shuaibu strength is tied to oshiomhole.he was a serial loser till oshiomhole adopted him in 2007.pastor is the biggest grassroot politician in edo ..

9.it remains to be seen.votes don't count much.

10.all the governors in the campaign council are pro tinubu so pro obaseki governors can do very little.
11.this is funny. The governors themselves are potential godfathers and emperors.
12.it won't fly.non issue.
13.he won Benin narrowly with help from oshio.if he is winning here,it will be very marginal..

14...this is a big if.his thugs cannot control the collation centres,only the security agents do
Re: Obaseki's Campaign Strategy (Pictures) by ernieboy(m): 6:59pm On Jul 02, 2020
Aderewah:
Lol. Edo people will love for their state to reach lagos level.
Lagos is a mega slum, go look at other mega cities even in Africa and u will be ashamed of lagos

1 Like

Re: Obaseki's Campaign Strategy (Pictures) by Kindledlight(m): 7:03pm On Jul 02, 2020
waziri4biz:

Ahhhh Tinubu and wike? What an insult,comparing Political juggernaut with an opportunist,an ingrate,a betrayer.Fear Allah oooooo
Re: Obaseki's Campaign Strategy (Pictures) by Lovelive: 7:06pm On Jul 02, 2020
oluwamile:
lmaooooo,am pained that obaseki Is loosing this election,mark today down

Is he(Obaseki) going to lost because Ize is better than him ?

Or is your wish for him(Obaseki)?
Re: Obaseki's Campaign Strategy (Pictures) by Born2Breed(f): 7:09pm On Jul 02, 2020
Simbrixton:
we dey come, i dey come, kabaka no small for edo and APC go win i dey wait for d body bag u dey lag now no shakes

He go soon set. Make sure say your pidgin nor carry ngbatigbati accent. Cos e go over all of una and you go know say kabaka dey learn.

1 Like

Re: Obaseki's Campaign Strategy (Pictures) by Simbrixton(m): 7:15pm On Jul 02, 2020
Born2Breed:

He go soon set. Make sure say your pidgin nor carry ngbatigbati accent. Cos e go over all of una and you go know say kabaka dey learn.
we get opc for edo territory already u guys are conquered territory
Re: Obaseki's Campaign Strategy (Pictures) by Mayeldah(m): 7:29pm On Jul 02, 2020
mafluxfire:
You guys should not drag Lagos into this. With Godfatherism in Lagos, No state in Nigeria can compare with Lagos in terms of dividend of democratic government since Nigeria returned to it since 1999. God let Godfatherism continue to bring out the best in Lagos. the state Edo no be lagos is actuallyal a statement of fact. for it to be like Lagos, The Edo people will have to think like an average Lagosian. in Godfatherism we believe. Long live Lagos, long live Godfatherism

Shame on you, lazy youth.

Shey Tinubu get two head?

Prosperous nations are nations with strong institutions and not powerful individuals!

1 Like

Re: Obaseki's Campaign Strategy (Pictures) by Nobody: 7:35pm On Jul 02, 2020
Dansuqi:

That is what I see happening in Edo if they don't alter results at collation centres

That's already what I said initially.

The only way they can win is by forcefully rigging all polling units
Re: Obaseki's Campaign Strategy (Pictures) by Born2Breed(f): 7:50pm On Jul 02, 2020
Simbrixton:
we get opc for edo territory already u guys are conquered territory

Go and prostrate to your oppressor as usual.
Re: Obaseki's Campaign Strategy (Pictures) by udoka1987: 7:58pm On Jul 02, 2020
MyVILLAGEpeople:
grin grin grin

Honestly I don't think Buhari is ready to let go of Edo. APC will deploy all the rigging machinery in that Election. It will be bloody and the template carried out in Osun might be done again. Let's just watch and see.
which version of Buhari?
Re: Obaseki's Campaign Strategy (Pictures) by Simbrixton(m): 8:02pm On Jul 02, 2020
Born2Breed:

Go and prostrate to your oppressor as usual.
I wish I was d one dat married u
Re: Obaseki's Campaign Strategy (Pictures) by Kindledlight(m): 8:26pm On Jul 02, 2020
spirul77:
optician indeed, I'm from esan central local govt area of Edo but currently reside in Benin city, ikpobal okha local govt, obaseki has zero projects in these two local govt apart from the lucky way that's not up to 1km, I would like you list this footprints .
obaseki is a total failure of a governor.

That is what we are saying,No projects and you shouting godfather up and down.Only some set if people can buy into this.I know edolites are wiser than this “Say no godfather”gibberish.
Re: Obaseki's Campaign Strategy (Pictures) by Kindledlight(m): 8:26pm On Jul 02, 2020
[quote author=spirul77 post=91304793] optician indeed, I'm from esan central local govt area of Edo but currently reside in Benin city, ikpobal okha local govt, obaseki has zero projects in these two local govt apart from the lucky way that's not up to 1km, I would like you list this footprints .
obaseki is a total failure of a governor.
That is what we are saying,No projects and you shouting godfather up and down.Only some set if people can buy into this.I know edolites are wiser than this “Say no godfather”gibberish.
Re: Obaseki's Campaign Strategy (Pictures) by MyVILLAGEpeople(m): 8:34pm On Jul 02, 2020
ogbonti:

you seem not to understand BUHARI at all

"I AM FOR EVERYONE AND NOT FOR ANYBODY" - Buhari does not care about anyone or anything - as long as he (Buhari) is not on the ballot grin

A reason why Buhari will not give a fvck about Ize-Iyamu is because Obaseki was respectful enough to seek his blessing as he left for the PDP

What do you expect Buhari to say ? That Obaseki must win ? He wont say that publicly - he will not just give a fvck - period

The ANTI- TINUBU Squad within the APC (which is very potent) knows if Ize Iyamu wins - that will throw a lifeline to Oshomole and he may bounce back to national limelight and reckoning ahead of 2023 AND they are not ready to take that chance

so take this from me - THE APC MEMBERS WORKING AGAINST IZE-IYAMU FROM THE BACK CHANNEL ARE MORE THAN THOSE WORKING FOR HIM

You all forget Obaseki was an APC governor for almost 4 years and you think those he was friends with in the party will suddenly hate him so much and work against him that hard for just 2 months of decamping? humans are not robots - some on the big wigs in APC are his buddies and most of them are angry silently the way he was treated by Oshomole

U raised some valid points tho. Let's see hw it plays out.

1 Like

Re: Obaseki's Campaign Strategy (Pictures) by MyVILLAGEpeople(m): 8:35pm On Jul 02, 2020
Born2Breed:

In the case of Osun a lot of thugs were imported.
Edo will be different, we know our thugs and we know their families and businesses. We will take care of those but those coming from outside the state will return in body bags.

Hmmmm
Like seriously??
Re: Obaseki's Campaign Strategy (Pictures) by ogbonti: 8:45pm On Jul 02, 2020
MyVILLAGEpeople:

U raised some valid points tho. Let's see hw it plays out.

respectfully Sir, I agree with you - let’s see how it works - may the best candidate who will do less damage to Edo State win
Re: Obaseki's Campaign Strategy (Pictures) by gift01: 9:02pm On Jul 02, 2020
If they are relying on importing thugs to Edo state then I just dey laff. The film go sweet
Re: Obaseki's Campaign Strategy (Pictures) by MyVILLAGEpeople(m): 9:03pm On Jul 02, 2020
ogbonti:

respectfully Sir, I agree with you - let’s see how it works - may the best candidate who will do less damage to Edo State win

That's it.

1 Like

Re: Obaseki's Campaign Strategy (Pictures) by tfelicityk(m): 9:05pm On Jul 02, 2020
Smiling...

Politics with propaganda...

What concerns Lagos State in Edo State?

This is cheap emotional blackmail!

Why did he visited Lagos State for consultation and automatic ticket in his previous party?

Voters think twice...
Re: Obaseki's Campaign Strategy (Pictures) by Staro: 9:08pm On Jul 02, 2020
Edo no be Lagos
Re: Obaseki's Campaign Strategy (Pictures) by expert555: 9:20pm On Jul 02, 2020
Righteousness89:
Whatever happens! Governor Obaseki has got my Respect!

godfatherism is the greatest Hinderance to development in Nigerian Politics

If The governor wins, then Edo state may witness top notch development .
godfatherism slows development. It is a yoke that should be broken

They share people’s money Not their own to their cronies to secure their God-fatherism base.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Wike Orders Auction Of Adamawa Trucks, Cattle For Breach Of PHC Lockdown / Malam Daura Blasts Nnamdi Kanu Over 'Jubril The Imposter' / Picture Of Oludapo Osinbajo & Aisha Buhari: What's Wrong With The Pic?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.