Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,200 members, 7,839,087 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 01:35 PM

Course Discrimination As A Problem To Nigerian Economy. - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Course Discrimination As A Problem To Nigerian Economy. (275 Views)

HND Holders Threaten Industrial Action, Lament Discrimination / Woman Suffers Heart Attack Trying To Explain Math Problem To Son / ASUU Is A Problem Of The Nigerian University System - Prof. Ochonnu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Course Discrimination As A Problem To Nigerian Economy. by PetersKID(m): 7:24pm On Jul 02, 2020
Course Discrimination

As the name implies, is generally the act or system of treating different courses in "different ways". i.e making some courses superior to others.
It is therefore important to note that no course is superior or inferior to others.

We need each course for a specific purpose in our Economy and these courses are introduced by the Nigeria University Commission (NUC).

However, I might be harsh but in this article, I will be considering all the courses in the faculty of Agriculture, Education,and communication related courses (Linguistics, Mass communication, English language, Journalism, etc.)

In Nigeria there are some phrases popularly known as, "this course no be better course", "money no day for that course", etc.
Oh! You are studying a course just because of money. Money that you will leave when you die.

Who are you, to condemn other courses.
If we don't put an end to this course discrimination and "neglect " of a thing , it will be a stigma in our education sector.

Already "Aspirants and Jambites" are fed with wrong information about courses superior to others,this is the where problem starts.

Today I will prove to you that all courses are important in our society.

Courses like Animal science, food science, etc are regarded as non professional courses but you cannot do without any of them, yes!.
Courses in the faculty of Agriculture play a crucial role in our economy in terms of development, revenue, food, meat,etc.

This is the catch, the area I want you to understand, population is exploding, Nigeria is over 300 million,you can choose not to wear good cloths or live under the bridge, some people have never visited the hospital before,but every living thing I repeat every living thing must eat to survive.

currently, people are starving because of food, people are dying because of food, because of food people are into illegal business.
This is to tell you how important agriculture is.

Animal science or agriculture related courses makes you self innovative and autonomous.
Please dont follow the band wagon my brothers and sisters, aspirants and jambites
please.

There might not be jobs but those Agric skillsets creates the jobs for you.
Most of you that criticise these courses are the first to apply for agricultural loans,after neglecting the course you will still apply for loans mearnt for Agric graduates,hmm.
Studying any of the Agric related course is a good idea.

It is quite sad the kind of graduates� produce by our higher institutions.
what makes you a student is your ability to think, that is the reason philosophy is made compulsory in higher institutions.
Have you ever ask yourself why was this course introduced, but you will sit and discriminate other courses right.

English language is not just a course "but a bond " that unite thousands of people together, this one of the most discriminated course so far but you use it when you speak, write, for interviews,examinati­­on etc

You want your children to speak good English but you will criticise the course.
Most of you struggle to pass English in WAEC, NECO,GCE etc, if I bring that same English most of you will still fail, then why discrimate the course?
You can't work in any media house without a good background of English,NO!.

Another course Nigerians dislike so much is Adult and Community education,even top universities in U.k, U.S.A, Canada, Philippines,are offering this course, so the people there are also fools too Abi? Indirectly you are saying NUC members are fools for introducing this course, have you ever asked yourself why the course was introduced, or are you better than those studying the course.

You are studying a course that will give you just one degree while the other person is studying a course that will give him/her two degrees at the same time and you are busy neglecting the course,check them they are doing fine.

Recently,in one of the school groups,some persons mention law as one of the scrap course to study,those are people that didn't study enough for law, as I speak to you nobody will reject law. ( Most of you runs law but e no work � � .)

Languages these include French, Japanese etc
The last time I checked even Manchester University offer those courses ,are you saying the white men are also valuless for studying any of the language courses?

Most people complain about the government for not providing jobs,but they rejected the course that would have made them employable,because of course discrimination.

That course you are discriminating someone somewhere is looking for a way to study that course.

Most people didn't further their education because they rejected the course the school gave them.

Those of you that are studying a different course from the one you applied for, note; not everybody was lucky to have gotten admission that year, therefore, you should be grateful.

Aspirants, Jambites,my fellow students, please don't allow anybody deceive you.

Fellow Nigerians, Ladies and gentlemen, it's high time we start encouraging students to think about other courses.

We need technocrats,speciali­sts in various fields including the field of
English communication instead of embarrassing ourselves.

We need all hands on deck for the development of the world. I tell you that all courses, highly rated or not play a role to the society.
You just need to work out in carving a niche and leaving your names in the sands of time for that which you had put in all your effort and succeeded beyond imagination.

I do hope that you put in your best and show the world the positivity you can carve from that which was ignored.

I am Peters Tuboyanate

(1) (Reply)

Ilaro Poly Post Utme For 2020/2021 Is Out | Apply Now / Minister Proposes Merger Of Public Schools For Efficiency / Reps To Meet Buhari, Governors On The Need To Set A Date For WAEC 2020

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.