Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,543 members, 7,861,570 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 02:43 PM

Onu Never Stepped Down For Olu Falae - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Onu Never Stepped Down For Olu Falae (1032 Views)

Olu Falae: Fulani Herdsmen Killed My Guard, Cut Out His Heart, Took Away Rifle / Olu Falae: Why Honest, Decent People Can’t Become President Of Nigeria / Olu Falae: Yoruba Is The Glue Holding Nigeria Together (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Onu Never Stepped Down For Olu Falae by Nobody: 8:50am On Jul 04, 2020
We igbos are too greedy... We lie at every instance just to make people see us as angels but in the real pictures, we are the devil.

Igbochief001 claimed Onu stepped down for Olu Falae..

Now listen.... ONU party App controlled 9 states, Falae party AD controlled 6 states...

If truly Onu stepped down for Falae, then Falae might have won the 1999 election.... Given that the 9 states and 6 states will give their total support for Falae..

But Onu didn't agree to Falae emergence as presidential candidacy..

Come to think of it, does an igbo Man like Onu will any elections against a Yoruba man, no.. Never....

Onu even lost the primary election in the merged party... He lost it to Falae a Yoruba man... No body will vote igbo man as the poll bearer for president... It is dead on arrival.

OBJ 18m votes Falae 11m

If it WAs the other way

OBJ 27m votes Onu 2m votes..

So yorubas don't owe any body presidency... If at all we must step down, then fayose will step down for Obi in pdp for presidency....

Onu

Re: Onu Never Stepped Down For Olu Falae by Nobody: 8:52am On Jul 04, 2020
Wiki said he stepped down for Falae

Of foxz he has to step down coz igbo man as president is a dead end.. A smoke pipe...

The mighty dominates the powerless...

My igbo people want to step down for Atiku again... How come we igbos ain't bold enough to claim our right in pdp??

Re: Onu Never Stepped Down For Olu Falae by Nobody: 8:56am On Jul 04, 2020
Ogbonaya Onu was too liitle to fight for presidency against Obj...

Onu wud have been a greater failure

Igbochief001 proudigbo helinues NGpatriot

Re: Onu Never Stepped Down For Olu Falae by mystery22: 9:31am On Jul 04, 2020
This uselexs Yoruba boy,keep lying we know you people. have you deactivated you old account...

1 Like

Re: Onu Never Stepped Down For Olu Falae by fulanimafia: 9:39am On Jul 04, 2020
Igbobymarriage:
Wiki said he stepped down for Falae

Please don't reference Wikipedia in any proper research. This is becoming rampant on this forum.

Wikipedia is editable by anyone, anywhere with an account. As such it can easily be abused by revisionists and narrative twisters.

It's one of the first things you're warned against as a fresher in any British University, and indeed any proper institution hinged on research. Wiki is not an academically acceptable reference.
Re: Onu Never Stepped Down For Olu Falae by RTSC: 9:41am On Jul 04, 2020
How did you become igbo by marriage?
Who was the idiot that gave you an igbo to marry?
Re: Onu Never Stepped Down For Olu Falae by Nobody: 9:43am On Jul 04, 2020
fulanimafia:

Please don't reference Wikipedia in any proper research. This is becoming rampant on this forum.

Wikipedia is editable by anyone, anywhere with an account. As such it can easily be abused by revisionists and narrative twisters.

It's one of the first things you're warned against as a fresher in any British University, and indeed any proper institution hinged on research. Wiki is not an academically acceptable reference.

Thank u. Igbochief001 believed so much in the wiki.

So I had to present it to him b4 he bring wiki to me..

1 Like

Re: Onu Never Stepped Down For Olu Falae by Throwback: 9:53am On Jul 04, 2020
I was alive and observant then.

Truth is Onu won APP Presidential ticket. Olu Falae won AD presidential ticket. Both parties did not know their political strength yet as those states each party won had not happened before the AD/APP alliance was reached.

Onu did not support being dropped to allow an alliance with AD, but his party went ahead with the alliance which had its own agreement that AD will provide the Presidential candidate while APP will provide the vice candidate.

It was not considered politically possible to have 2 southerners on the ticket. So Onu was dropped from being the vice candidate on the ticket, while Umaru Shinkafi was put forward as APP's representative on that alliance ticket.

What I cannot remember is if Shinkafi had been the runner up to Onu when the APP had its original presidential primary, or if a separate selection process was undertaken by the APP to arrive at the predestined emergence of a Northerner that would occupy the junior position on the alliance ticket.

Onu did not accept it, but eventually came to terms with it and supported the alliance and remained a loyal party member in APP to ANPP, till it merged with others to form APC.
Re: Onu Never Stepped Down For Olu Falae by joyandfaith: 9:57am On Jul 04, 2020
OP was born in 1999. Onu stepped down but it was already late.
Re: Onu Never Stepped Down For Olu Falae by Nobody: 10:40am On Jul 04, 2020
OgbeniDayo:
mynd44 lalasticlala seun oam4j rule 2
This is not an insult.....
Re: Onu Never Stepped Down For Olu Falae by Nobody: 10:40am On Jul 04, 2020
joyandfaith:
OP was born in 1999. Onu stepped down but it was already late.

Rubbish... Why shud I bliv u... See 1920 pikin ooo..

Trash...

If he stepped down, why did he sue falae again..
Also if he stepped down, why did Falae gathered vote only in the south west... Since APP controlled 9 states, how come none of those App controlled states cudnt vote for falae since their leader stepped down for Fale

Onu was too little to contest.. He wasn't known at all by anybody

Re: Onu Never Stepped Down For Olu Falae by Nobody: 10:47am On Jul 04, 2020
Throwback:
I was alive and observant then.

Truth is Onu won APP Presidential ticket. Olu Falae won AD presidential ticket. Both parties did not know their political strength yet as those states each party won had not happened before the AD/APP alliance was reached.

Onu did not support being dropped to allow an alliance with AD, but his party went ahead with the alliance which had its own agreement that AD will provide the Presidential candidate while APP will provide the vice candidate.

It was not considered politically possible to have 2 southerners on the ticket. So Onu was dropped from being the vice candidate on the ticket, while Umaru Shinkafi was put forward as APP's representative on that alliance ticket.

What I cannot remember is if Shinkafi had been the runner up to Onu when the APP had its original presidential primary, or if a separate selection process was undertaken by the APP to arrive at the predestined emergence of a Northerner that would occupy the junior position on the alliance ticket.

Onu did not accept it, but eventually came to terms with it and supported the alliance and remained a loyal party member in APP to ANPP, till it merged with others to form APC.

How come then did Falae votes came from South West, an AD dominated region

What were APP dominated region doing That they didn't win their states for Falae

Re: Onu Never Stepped Down For Olu Falae by joyandfaith: 10:49am On Jul 04, 2020
Igbobymarriage:

Rubbish... Why shud I bliv u... See 1920 pikin ooo..

Trash...

If he stepped down, why did he sue falae again..
Also if he stepped down, why did Falae gathered vote only in the south west... Since APP controlled 9 states, how come none of those App controlled states cudnt vote for falae since their leader stepped down for Fale

Onu was too little to contest.. He wasn't known at all by anybody

R̶u̶b̶b̶i̶s̶h̶.̶.̶.̶ ̶W̶h̶y̶ ̶s̶h̶u̶d̶ ̶I̶ ̶b̶l̶i̶v̶ ̶u̶.̶.̶.̶ ̶S̶e̶e̶ ̶1̶9̶2̶0̶ ̶p̶i̶k̶i̶n̶ ̶o̶o̶o̶.̶.̶ ̶T̶r̶a̶s̶h̶.̶.̶.̶ ̶I̶f̶ ̶h̶e̶ ̶s̶t̶e̶p̶p̶e̶d̶ ̶d̶o̶w̶n̶,̶ ̶w̶h̶y̶ ̶d̶i̶d̶ ̶h̶e̶ ̶s̶u̶e̶ ̶f̶a̶l̶a̶e̶ ̶a̶g̶a̶i̶n̶.̶.̶ ̶A̶l̶s̶o̶ ̶i̶f̶ ̶h̶e̶ ̶s̶t̶e̶p̶p̶e̶d̶ ̶d̶o̶w̶n̶,̶ ̶w̶h̶y̶ ̶d̶i̶d̶ ̶F̶a̶l̶a̶e̶ ̶g̶a̶t̶h̶e̶r̶e̶d̶ ̶v̶o̶t̶e̶ ̶o̶n̶l̶y̶ ̶i̶n̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶s̶o̶u̶t̶h̶ ̶w̶e̶s̶t̶.̶.̶.̶ ̶S̶i̶n̶c̶e̶ ̶A̶P̶P̶ ̶c̶o̶n̶t̶r̶o̶l̶l̶e̶d̶ ̶9̶ ̶s̶t̶a̶t̶e̶s̶,̶ ̶h̶o̶w̶ ̶c̶o̶m̶e̶ ̶n̶o̶n̶e̶ ̶o̶f̶ ̶t̶h̶o̶s̶e̶ ̶A̶p̶p̶ ̶c̶o̶n̶t̶r̶o̶l̶l̶e̶d̶ ̶s̶t̶a̶t̶e̶s̶ ̶c̶u̶d̶n̶t̶ ̶v̶o̶t̶e̶ ̶f̶o̶r̶ ̶f̶a̶l̶a̶e̶ ̶s̶i̶n̶c̶e̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶i̶r̶ ̶l̶e̶a̶d̶e̶r̶ ̶s̶t̶e̶p̶p̶e̶d̶ ̶d̶o̶w̶n̶ ̶f̶o̶r̶ ̶F̶a̶l̶e̶ ̶O̶n̶u̶ ̶w̶a̶s̶ ̶t̶o̶o̶ ̶l̶i̶t̶t̶l̶e̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶c̶o̶n̶t̶e̶s̶t̶.̶.̶ ̶H̶e̶ ̶w̶a̶s̶n̶'̶t̶ ̶k̶n̶o̶w̶n̶ ̶a̶t̶ ̶a̶l̶l̶ ̶b̶y̶ ̶a̶n̶y̶b̶o̶d̶y̶
Re: Onu Never Stepped Down For Olu Falae by StreetFight: 10:50am On Jul 04, 2020
Alex Ekwueme contested for PDP ticket against our prodigal son and Alex Ekwueme was whipped silly by Obasanjo. So, bring your candidate to contest against us the Yorubas. Presidency shall never be zoned to the Igbos, it has never been zoned to the Yorubas or the Hausa/Fulanis. Rochas Okorocha contested against Buhari in the 2015 APC primaries just as Atikuchukwu the Adamawa Bobrisky from North East and Peter Obituary from South East contested against Muhammadu Buhari from North West and Yemi Osinbajo from South West in the last general elections. So the Presidency has never been zoned to any region of the country since our independence. Any person or region that wants the Presidency should come out and get it in a general election. The Presidency of the Federal Republic of Nigeria will never ever be given to any person or region on a platter of gold. If you want it, go out and get it.

(1) (Reply)

Landlord Alleges Soldiers Killed 20 In Oyigbo / Nigerians Are The Problem Of Nigeria And Not The Government / Insecurity: Stop Blaming Security Agencies, DSS Tells Nigerians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.