Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,442 members, 7,830,210 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 05:51 PM

How to know you're claustrophobic (in a subtle way) - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How to know you're claustrophobic (in a subtle way) (1022 Views)

Why you Shouldn't Leave Your Parents House When You're Not Capable / 'If You Breastfeed Your Son, You're Training Him To Be A Rapist' - Lady Says / 15 Divorced People Reveal The Subtle Red Flags They Ignored Before Marrying (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How to know you're claustrophobic (in a subtle way) by Nobody: 10:07am On Jul 04, 2020
Specific symptoms of claustrophobia

By Better Health Channel

When in an enclosed space, the signs of claustrophobia may include:

inside a room – automatically checking for the exits, standing near the exits or feeling alarmed when all doors are closed

inside a vehicle – avoiding traveling when traffic will be heavy

inside a building – preferring to take the stairs rather than the lift

at a party – standing near the door in a crowded room, even if the room is large

in extreme cases – for a person with severe claustrophobia, a closed-door will trigger feelings of panic.

My addition

You do not like clothes with lots of writings, patterns, colors, or designs. Plain clothing are the best. Same with makeup.

Unable to stay in a small room with people. You can only manage if you live alone.

You don't like to see numbers attached to your followed topics, mentions, following, followers, etc. on nairaland. Your interface is always like the image below.

You don't like following people because of the above point. If you do, you might have to unfollow them at some point, especially if they update too much. It doesn't mean you stopped liking themkiss

You prefer big houses, spaces. You won't mind living in suburbs or rural areas as long as they have rooms with large spaces.

You do not like clusters. Sometimes you end up throwing out even valuable things. A clustered room keeps you disorganized and unhappy. It drains your energy.

You have a small circle of friends

You hate crowded areas, especially if it's not properly ventilated or ac packed. You feel overwhelmed and your heart palpitates.

You only keep contact with relevant people. You love deleting irrelevant contacts.

You do not have a plethora of messages in your inbox or social platforms. You choose a date to delete most, if not all of them.

2 Likes

Re: How to know you're claustrophobic (in a subtle way) by merieam16(f): 11:01am On Jul 04, 2020
This is nt me
Re: How to know you're claustrophobic (in a subtle way) by tobechi74: 3:04pm On Jul 04, 2020
very educative
Re: How to know you're claustrophobic (in a subtle way) by Biglittlelois(f): 4:06pm On Jul 04, 2020
I am claustrophobic, and mine is windows, not doors, I cannot stay in a room without windows, I'll panic if I don't breath fresh air, cos it always seem like I'm choking to death, I can manage a window if I have no other choice, but I just have to breath fresh air, this is why I'm finding it very difficult to travel by air, anytime I imagine being on an airplane, I panic cry

Btw, Op all other things you said 100% correct.

1 Like

Re: How to know you're claustrophobic (in a subtle way) by Nobody: 4:54pm On Jul 04, 2020
Biglittlelois:
I am claustrophobic, and mine is windows, not doors, I cannot stay in a room without windows, I'll panic if I don't breath fresh air, cos it always seem like I'm choking to death, I can manage a window if I have no other choice, but I just have to breath fresh air, this is why I'm finding it very difficult to travel by air, anytime I imagine being on an airplane, I panic cry

The window thing happens when one is in a car that has its windows wind up but the AC isn't touching all the corners. It gives a feeling like the head is about to explode. Then there are some SUVs when one sits at the extreme end, they start feeling faint.
Re: How to know you're claustrophobic (in a subtle way) by Biglittlelois(f): 5:01pm On Jul 04, 2020
Nooil:

The window thing happen when one is in a car that has its windows wind up but the AC isn't touching all the corners. It gives a feeling like the head is about to explode. Then there are some SUVs when one sits at the extreme end, they start feeling faint.

Yeah true, but I'm not talking about only windows in cars, I'm talking about windows generally, even if the a.c reaches everywhere.

1 Like

Re: How to know you're claustrophobic (in a subtle way) by Nobody: 5:23pm On Jul 04, 2020
Biglittlelois:

Yeah true, but I'm not talking about only windows in cars, I'm talking about windows generally, even if the a.c reaches everywhere.

Like no window at all in a room? Or no cross ventilation?
Re: How to know you're claustrophobic (in a subtle way) by Nobody: 5:36pm On Jul 04, 2020
Re: How to know you're claustrophobic (in a subtle way) by Biglittlelois(f): 10:32pm On Jul 04, 2020
Nooil:

Like no window at all in a room? Or no cross ventilation?

Yes.

1 Like

Re: How to know you're claustrophobic (in a subtle way) by Saintmary(f): 1:34pm On Jul 05, 2020
Ugh, I hate cluster so much, I start getting irritable once my room is not perfect.
I hate dirty kitchens
I keep a small circle of friends
Please don't confuse OCD with claustrophobia.
Re: How to know you're claustrophobic (in a subtle way) by Nobody: 2:55pm On Jul 05, 2020
Saintmary:
Ugh, I hate cluster so much, I start getting irritable once my room is not perfect.
I hate dirty kitchens
I keep a small circle of friends
Please don't confuse OCD with claustrophobia.

I never mentioned dirt or perfectly cleaned up place in my writeup

1 Like

Re: How to know you're claustrophobic (in a subtle way) by Nobody: 2:56pm On Jul 05, 2020
Biglittlelois:

Yes.

Oh ok
Re: How to know you're claustrophobic (in a subtle way) by Saintmary(f): 5:17pm On Jul 05, 2020
Nooil:

I never mentioned dirt or perfectly cleaned up place in my writeup
I'll rephrase then:
Disorganized
Re: How to know you're claustrophobic (in a subtle way) by Nobody: 5:41pm On Jul 05, 2020
Saintmary:

I'll rephrase then:
Disorganized

Ocd is glaringly different from claustrophobia
Re: How to know you're claustrophobic (in a subtle way) by Saintmary(f): 5:42pm On Jul 05, 2020
Nooil:

Ocd is glaringly different from claustrophobia
I can't type today abeg
Re: How to know you're claustrophobic (in a subtle way) by Nobody: 5:59pm On Jul 05, 2020
Saintmary:

I can't type today abeg

Ok
Re: How to know you're claustrophobic (in a subtle way) by HiFreda(f): 10:00pm On Jul 05, 2020
I'm claustrophobic.
I sleep with the lights on. When I wake up in the dark, not knowing where I'm facing, not knowing where the door is, or where the windows are, I start panicking.
I fear being trapped in a banks mantrap door.
I don't like being boxed in by someone,or held down, and I clearly explain this in relationships, just incase he wants to do rough play.

1 Like

Re: How to know you're claustrophobic (in a subtle way) by Nobody: 7:05am On Jul 06, 2020
HiFreda:
I'm claustrophobic.
I sleep with the lights on. When I wake up in the dark, not knowing where I'm facing, not knowing where the door is, or where the windows are, I start panicking.
I fear being trapped in a banks mantrap door.
I don't like being boxed in by someone, or held down, and I clearly explain this in relationships, just in case he wants to do rough play.

This is definitely claustrophobia. I relate to sleeping with lights on. I remember one of those semesters in university I stayed alone. I'll never sleep with the lights off. If there was no light, I'll switch on the gen. If the fuel has finished, I'll use rechargeable lamps. I had a lot of rechargeable lamps for this purpose.

I also relate to the rough play stuff. It always feels like someone is snuffing life out of me. I start to get very sweaty and have a terrible headache. I feel very faint too.
Re: How to know you're claustrophobic (in a subtle way) by sandrapretty(f): 5:25pm On Jul 06, 2020
[s]
Biglittlelois:

[/s]
Re: How to know you're claustrophobic (in a subtle way) by sandrapretty(f): 5:26pm On Jul 06, 2020
[s]
Biglittlelois:

[/s]
Re: How to know you're claustrophobic (in a subtle way) by sandrapretty(f): 5:37pm On Jul 06, 2020
[s]
Nooil:

The window thing happen when one is in a car that has its windows wind up but the AC isn't touching all the corners. It gives a feeling like the head is about to explode. Then there are some SUVs when one sits at the extreme end, they start feeling faint.
[/s]

(1) (Reply)

SORTED: GOD CAME THROUGH / Polygamy - A Bad Idea / The Reasons Why Relationships/marriages Don’t Last - My Opinion

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.