Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,329 members, 7,822,582 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 01:15 PM

How Do You Cope If Married To Someone You Don't Love? - Family (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Do You Cope If Married To Someone You Don't Love? (97322 Views)

I Impregnated A Girl I Don't Love. Anyone In My Shoes? / What You Should Do As A Father, So That Your Kids Don't Love You Any Less / How Do You Cope With Pressure To Cheat On Your Spouse? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Do You Cope If Married To Someone You Don't Love? by MondayOsunbor(m): 12:38am On Jul 07, 2020
ollins:
Let me cut the story short. Had a fling with this girl, along the line she got pregnant. You know all that talk of "if you could sleep with her, then you must marry her" "if you got her pregnant then you must marry her", Iooking back now, I wished I hadn't listened to all those voices.

I knew in my heart that I didn't love her, even she knew but the pressure from the family was too much, I had to marry her. On my marriage day I was practically crying within me.

Her character is just opposite of all I wanted in a woman, she's barely educated, loud and loquacious.

That's my cross I am carrying today, stuck in a loveless marriage.

The warmth and Romance is absent from our home, we have not had intimacy since beginning of the year till now, we just have no interest anymore in each other. We are just living together for the sake of our child.

My question now is how does one cope�? Is this how I am going to live the rest of my life?

better go buy love medicine

1 Like

Re: How Do You Cope If Married To Someone You Don't Love? by Elxandre(m): 12:40am On Jul 07, 2020
CsRockefeller:
OP I have a feel of what are passing through. It's quite a pity you had sex with her.

I once had this small (petite) Yoruba girl. I was first attracted to her because I thought she was Igbo due to her fair complexion.

We got into d friendship, gosh!! She was there, everyday, every night. She will call with her credit and we will gist in Yoruba, we were an item, yet I refuse to ask her out.

I couldn't imagine myself with a Yoruba lady, even if I managed to get pass that hurdle what about her education? She was a hairstylist, her mom had just passed on, her father was away in Benin Republic, her brother was in Abk, so she was just alone in one room.

Two years gone, we were still friends, she kept on asking why I was taking time cry I really wanted to love her enough to date her but I couldn't find it. She asked if it was because she wasn't in school, then after my NYSC, she got admission to a Polytechnic, she thought I might have a change of heart. I didn't.

Every opportunity to go see her, I turned it down. It's now 4 years, she has decided to move on. I was still trying to close my eyes and imagine that she isn't Bisola but Nkechi or Chioma. Funny is that we spoke Yoruba everytime we spoke.

She invited me one day for that stuff, I told myself; don't do this if you don't love her enough to date her. I didn't go.

The following month she got a date, but she wasn't feeling it. We kept on talking and my presence was a distraction to her new found love. Las las d guy blocked me everywhere and I decided to let it be.

Sometimes, I just seat and beat my heart or brain for not finding that push or extra space to accommodate that girl in my heart.

Truth is sometimes our heart or feelings just plays tricks on us.

My own case was not that I didn't find a very nice beautiful girl but stupid Tribalism wouldn't let me be.
Why are you a tribalist? That's awful.

3 Likes

Re: How Do You Cope If Married To Someone You Don't Love? by mrchineke: 12:41am On Jul 07, 2020
Brightgem:
I stopped reading. Na God catch you. It's just sad you'll bring in a child to your mess.

Sleeping with who you don't want to live your real life with and now forming stuck in a loveless marriage.

Ok, come and marry me by force na. See if you will not be 6ft under in 6 months.
Re: How Do You Cope If Married To Someone You Don't Love? by mentored: 12:44am On Jul 07, 2020
bukatyne:

Brother Ollins,

If this lady is as terrible as this, how were you able to get an erection to stick it into her?

How did you start the toasting to get her into your bed and arms?

The same magic you worked to get her pregnant, use it again.

It is in you like peak!

Okwu nke oseburuwa

Ekene dili chukwu nwanne
Re: How Do You Cope If Married To Someone You Don't Love? by UDOKABESTLUV(m): 12:45am On Jul 07, 2020
ollins:
Let me cut the story short. Had a fling with this girl, along the line she got pregnant. You know all that talk of "if you could sleep with her, then you must marry her" "if you got her pregnant then you must marry her", Iooking back now, I wished I hadn't listened to all those voices.

I knew in my heart that I didn't love her, even she knew but the pressure from the family was too much, I had to marry her. On my marriage day I was practically crying within me.

Her character is just opposite of all I wanted in a woman, she's barely educated, loud and loquacious.

The warmth and Romance is absent from our home, we have not had intimacy since beginning of the year till now, we just have no interest anymore in each other. We are just living together for the sake of our child.

My question now is how does one cope�? Is this how I am going to live the rest of my life?

When you are enjoying yourself, did you inform UDOKABESTLUV about it, Bro Carry your cross.
Re: How Do You Cope If Married To Someone You Don't Love? by TheSourcerer: 12:45am On Jul 07, 2020
mrchineke:

Yet you and your yamlegged people want to die in Lagos? Why don’t you and your people vamoosed back to your backyard one plot igboland. Nonsense!
That stupid girl sef!
this your comment I find it disgusting in all levels
Re: How Do You Cope If Married To Someone You Don't Love? by Eniolakiite(f): 12:47am On Jul 07, 2020
grin grin

bukatyne:

Brother Ollins,

If this lady is as terrible as this, how were you able to get an erection to stick it into her?

It is in you like peak!

1 Like

Re: How Do You Cope If Married To Someone You Don't Love? by OriOko88(m): 12:47am On Jul 07, 2020
Interesting. So you do not touch your wife for almost 6 months, and you're living under the same roof?? I guess your wife isn't attractive enough, that now gives room for saying you don't love her. She's local and not sexy, that's simply your problem.

I can't imagine myself indoor with a woman without fvcking d shit outta her for six months. That's why I always pray to marry a woman I'm sexually attracted to. Even if I don't love you, sha have breast and ass for doggy. Sex is d engine that keeps marriage moving.

1 Like

Re: How Do You Cope If Married To Someone You Don't Love? by lozanni(m): 12:50am On Jul 07, 2020
bukatyne:

Brother Ollins,

It is in you like peak!

It could be that she had great physical endowment, before the marriage, but after childbirth everything has lost shape, hence the disinterest on the part of the guy as she has little or nothing more to offer (poor personality).
If the ops is from a certain part of the country that likes 'enjoyment' so much, he would have married wife number 2 by now.
Re: How Do You Cope If Married To Someone You Don't Love? by bluefilm: 12:52am On Jul 07, 2020
This is a very big problem that ordinary N50 Gold Circle® Condom could have prevented.

But you didn't care.

You dived in raw.

Now you see where your stupidity has led you to?

Ntooooooorrrr gi.

Guys make una learn una lesson from this stupid nigga.

Always use a condom.

No matter what!

Or else you may have to pay the price.

Like this stupid nigga is paying now.

Thank you.

1 Like

Re: How Do You Cope If Married To Someone You Don't Love? by mrchineke: 12:57am On Jul 07, 2020
TheSourcerer:
this your comment I find it disgusting in all levels

Sorry jare, that idiot just annoyed me.
Re: How Do You Cope If Married To Someone You Don't Love? by Poseidon000: 12:58am On Jul 07, 2020
veave:
You mustn't stay married to anyone you're not in love with. It is still early to set her free, set yourself free as well for your sound mind. If you stay there, both of you will live in frustration and I bet you don't want to build a home in disarray.
Initially she would cry and lament but trust me she'd get someone else to love her properly and so would you.
No one is coming to this world twice, this one you're sure of, yank off any and everything that would cause you discomfort. You don't want to wake up one day in your 50s or 70s full of regrets and what ifs.

Please make sure to maintain civility while at it.
Thanks.
Now, this is mature. Quite out-of-the-box you didn't approach this from a visceral point of view like others.

1 Like

Re: How Do You Cope If Married To Someone You Don't Love? by bullionvanguy: 1:05am On Jul 07, 2020
Wahala dey ooo..

See how hackers transfer money from your bank account and atm cards...visit the YouTube page on my signature to download the app, hurry before YouTube takes the video down again, this is one app banks dont want you to have. Cheers!
Re: How Do You Cope If Married To Someone You Don't Love? by flames01: 1:09am On Jul 07, 2020
ollins:

Bro, can you talk to her about her ills and find out if she can change?
Re: How Do You Cope If Married To Someone You Don't Love? by CsRockefeller(m): 1:15am On Jul 07, 2020
Elxandre:

Why are you a tribalist? That's awful.

Chimo! I must have used the wrong term.

I am not a Tribalist at all o. Abeg, I don't discriminate among people, class or religion. I believe in giving everyone d benefit of the doubt.

However, in marriage or family settings, I don't think I can settle with someone outside my tribe. My family is a very traditional one, I won't be easy and I have seen how my parents lived and I think o will love to model mine after them.

I love the Igbo culture. The food, the music, the language, the dance, everything about it.

I hope I'm not making a big mistake shutting out other tribes. Till date, d best ladies I've met aren't even Igbo.

Sincerely, I wish I did give her a chance but something kept pulling me out everytime I wanted to.

1 Like

Re: How Do You Cope If Married To Someone You Don't Love? by charles2963: 1:16am On Jul 07, 2020
Talk to God for guidance.
Re: How Do You Cope If Married To Someone You Don't Love? by CsRockefeller(m): 1:19am On Jul 07, 2020
UjuJoan2:

That's if she was truly even waiting for him. He has probably been her plan B, C or even D all these while.

So a woman will just stay and be waiting patiently for a man she has never met for four good years. Odiegwu.

cheesy cheesy

Let him be there deceiving himself.

Yimu, you think I told the complete story here abi?
Re: How Do You Cope If Married To Someone You Don't Love? by Nobody: 1:27am On Jul 07, 2020
baby124:

Look. Some baby mamas can make your life hell even after marriage. You don’t defraud a person sexually and go Scott free. All this stories are for the birds. He clearly knew this girls background and knew that he could not marry her but he had unprotected sex with her. Calling it a fling when he knows most girls like that are looking for husband, to escape poverty. The fact that he just noticed her loquacious behavior showed that she did everything to pretend and please him during their relationship.

This type will not be a very good babymama let me tell you! Because she was lied to! He should try and make it work, he can do it. However they did it to impregnate themselves is how they should put in the effort. Try this with my child and try to escape, the guy will die in jail. What you won’t eat, don’t use your mouth to smell it. Who will the girl now come and put the burden of his child on? Her poor parents? You are joking.
Die in jail for what exactly? For not marrying her after impregnating her?

2 Likes

Re: How Do You Cope If Married To Someone You Don't Love? by Caseless: 1:27am On Jul 07, 2020
gudvibz:
Try and get to know her, try understanding her and get all to her. Both of u need to sit down and talk about you (both) and ur likes and dislikes, virtually about everything, if nothing changes well separation or u bear it till the end.

You know love is grown
the relationship is loveless and this textbook solution you're proferring won't solve the problem.
Re: How Do You Cope If Married To Someone You Don't Love? by Naijaarchive(m): 1:29am On Jul 07, 2020
bukatyne:

Brother Ollins,

It is in you like peak!

grin Chai
Re: How Do You Cope If Married To Someone You Don't Love? by Nanavati(m): 1:40am On Jul 07, 2020
so all what you say to make her open her legs for to go in were lies abi
Re: How Do You Cope If Married To Someone You Don't Love? by Depressedkidd: 1:52am On Jul 07, 2020
ollins:

get a divorce. Don't ever force yourself or listen to others against your happiness. Your happiness comes before any other thing. Your kid won't be the first to live with divorced parents, won't be the last either. Going your separate ways doesn't mean you won't be able to take care of your kid.
Re: How Do You Cope If Married To Someone You Don't Love? by VickyRotex(f): 1:52am On Jul 07, 2020
Enemyofpeace:
[s]I concur. No one can use pregnancy to tie me down, not even myn.d44, Vicky.rotex, seunm.ohmoh,Bola1.46 or notoriousbabe [/s]

Only person wey don smoke osogbo weed go quote imself for im comment. We know sey na you be notoriousbabe, yet you dey quote yourself. You well so? >>>rhetorical question undecided undecided Get sense for once.
Re: How Do You Cope If Married To Someone You Don't Love? by lonelydude: 1:53am On Jul 07, 2020
If you divorce her, there is a high chance that you will regret it because of your child.

I'm not a marriage counsellor but what I know works like a magic in your situation is:

1. Try to identify her love language which she must have been telling you verbally or through body language but YOU ARE LIKELY NOT LISTENING TO HER (I don't mean not hearing, I mean LISTENING TO HER).

2. When you identify her love language, meet that need......(clue: I think most women love gifts).

3. Also, try to see how you can develop her either by furthering her education or setting up/expanding a business for her.

4. Give her parents more surprise visits with gifts for them as well (you can do this without her).

Sex will naturally come before you know and your relationship will receive a boost.

Thank me later.
Re: How Do You Cope If Married To Someone You Don't Love? by Toks2008(m): 1:54am On Jul 07, 2020
ollins:

LOVE is a thing of the mind.

Trust me, if you just close your eyes and think of at least one thing you like about her then focus on that one thing whilst you accommodate other inadequacies, you will realize it is easy to love her.

Anybody can love anybody... It is about conditioning your mind.
Re: How Do You Cope If Married To Someone You Don't Love? by obowunmi(m): 2:08am On Jul 07, 2020
Toks2008:

LOVE is a thing of the mind.

Trust me, if you just close your eyes and think of at least one thing you like about her then focus on that one thing whilst you accommodate other inadequacies, you will realize it is easy to love her.

Anybody can love anybody... It is about conditioning your mind.

Lies. Lies from the pits of hellfire.

My father was a terrorist. My mother was passive in accepting his terrorism. Their marriage was painful and brutal. It was unkind and devilish. Painfully married for 40years.

I can never be with human beings like my parents.
Re: How Do You Cope If Married To Someone You Don't Love? by obowunmi(m): 2:09am On Jul 07, 2020
It is children that suffer under these types of conditions.
Re: How Do You Cope If Married To Someone You Don't Love? by Naijalitz(m): 2:10am On Jul 07, 2020
Mad ooh
Re: How Do You Cope If Married To Someone You Don't Love? by Toks2008(m): 2:19am On Jul 07, 2020
obowunmi:

Lies. Lies from the pits of hellfire.

My father was a terrorist. My mother was passive in accepting his terrorism. Their marriage was painful and brutal. It was unkind and devilish. Painfully married for 40years.

I can never be with human beings like my parents.

I'm not talking about beauty and the beast. I'm talking about normal humans but nevertheless, your mum still coped. There is no perfect marriage so let's not deceive ourselves.
Re: How Do You Cope If Married To Someone You Don't Love? by Billygee2u: 2:20am On Jul 07, 2020
sylve11:
You're in for a long thing.
In the hay days when you're telling her you loved her just to spread her like bedsheet on top a sheet, so you're telling lies, isn't it? sad

I will not say much because If you nor know how song take start make you no go hurry dance put, before you go dance GARALA inside ASONTO.... cool
Re: How Do You Cope If Married To Someone You Don't Love? by Tolzy11(m): 2:37am On Jul 07, 2020

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SWPxUvxYY4o
Have you been wondering on how to watch Netflix original content for free then this video is for you .

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (18) (Reply)

Why Did Slain Usifo Ataga Cheat On Pretty Wife Brenda Ataga? / My Friend's Father Is A Ghost!! / What Does It Mean For Babies To Be Looking Through Their Legs?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.