Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,754 members, 7,813,492 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 12:58 PM

Oyo Deputy Gov: Ajimobi’s Family Knew I Was At The Gate - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Oyo Deputy Gov: Ajimobi’s Family Knew I Was At The Gate (650 Views)

Rauf Olaniyan Impeached As Oyo Deputy Governor / Makinde Not Fair To Me, Oyo Deputy Governor, Olaniyan Cries Out / Gov Ajimobi Celebrates His Senior Personal Assistant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Oyo Deputy Gov: Ajimobi’s Family Knew I Was At The Gate by shinystar(m): 7:51pm On Jul 05, 2020
By Bisi Oladele, Ibadan
Oyo Deputy Governor, Rauf Olaniyan, has insisted the family of the late Governor Abiola Ajimobi was aware of his presence at the gate of the residence contrary to its claim.

Olaniyan was denied access to the Oluyole Estate residence of the late Governor on Sunday during the 8th day fidau prayers for Abiola Ajimobi.

Though the family, on Saturday in a statement by Bolaji Tunji, who was the spokesman for the late governor, explained the fidau was going to be a private affair, Oyo State Government took out newspaper pages to console with the family on Sunday.

The Deputy Governor was, however, denied entry to the building when he visited to join the prayer. He waited for between 10 and 15 minutes at the gate before leaving. He was told that the key to the gate was with Mrs. Ajimobi, who was attending the fidau prayer held in the compound.

Tunji, in a statement, had denied that Olaniyan was deliberately denied entry because the family was not aware of his planned visit and arrival at the gate.

He added that that on making efforts to facilitate access for him later, they discovered that he had left. The family offered apologies for the incident.

But in a statement by his Senior Special Assistant on Media, Omolere Omoetan, Olaniyan countered the explanation that the family was unawares he was waiting at the gate.

He said it was another act of rebuffing hands of fellowship being extended to the family of Ajimobi by Governor Seyi Makinde.

https://thenationonlineng.net/oyo-deputy-gov-ajimobis-family-knew-i-was-at-the-gate/

Re: Oyo Deputy Gov: Ajimobi’s Family Knew I Was At The Gate by inoki247: 7:53pm On Jul 05, 2020
Person wey wan die don die You even get time if dem say dem no want anybody for dere burial na dere Headache....

1 Like

Re: Oyo Deputy Gov: Ajimobi’s Family Knew I Was At The Gate by SmartProf(m): 7:54pm On Jul 05, 2020
Indifference and neglect often does much more damage than outright hatred. Move on from what seems embarrassing Sir, cos even the prayer organized was offered from malicious hearts and may never sail. May the bridges they burn, light your way

2 Likes

Re: Oyo Deputy Gov: Ajimobi’s Family Knew I Was At The Gate by chatinent: 8:02pm On Jul 05, 2020
It's quite infuriating when people don't realize when they are rejected! You don't have to force people to accept you.

1 Like

Re: Oyo Deputy Gov: Ajimobi’s Family Knew I Was At The Gate by Trailblazer1(m): 8:24pm On Jul 05, 2020
See how the Ajimobis are messing up a constituted authority

1 Like

Re: Oyo Deputy Gov: Ajimobi’s Family Knew I Was At The Gate by XXLMANDIGO: 8:29pm On Jul 05, 2020
The Oyo Sltate government should come off this back and forth and stop giving undue & unnecessary attention to a bitter, vindictive and manipulative woman.

(1) (Reply)

My Advice To My Fellow South Easterners Concerning Igbo Presidency. / Breaking: Committee Proceedings Go Rowdy As Pondei Appeared To Be Fainting / Nigerians Attack Buhati's Media Aid On Twitter For Supporting Death Sentence

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.