Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,123 members, 7,828,990 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 05:09 PM

Fidelity Bank Appoints Mustapha Chike-Obi As New Board Chairman - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Fidelity Bank Appoints Mustapha Chike-Obi As New Board Chairman (36821 Views)

First Bank Appoints 5 New Directors As Otedola Takes Over / First Bank Accepts CBN New Board As Adeduntan Resumes / Fidelity Bank Appoints Nneka Onyeali-Ikpe As New MD (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fidelity Bank Appoints Mustapha Chike-Obi As New Board Chairman by LukasPodolski: 10:34pm On Jul 05, 2020
Amanda4life:
His mama na Hausa his papa is ibo.hence the hybrid name
what is the mother's name then?

see as she said it with 100% certainty.
Re: Fidelity Bank Appoints Mustapha Chike-Obi As New Board Chairman by babajero(m): 10:35pm On Jul 05, 2020
SLAP44:
What kind of hybrid name is that?
That is the best way to get appointment this days.
Re: Fidelity Bank Appoints Mustapha Chike-Obi As New Board Chairman by julioralph(m): 10:36pm On Jul 05, 2020
BeeBeeOoh:
Haba bros!!
Was only trying to be funny. No offence meant.
Re: Fidelity Bank Appoints Mustapha Chike-Obi As New Board Chairman by RPG2020(m): 10:41pm On Jul 05, 2020
SLAP44:

Go and ask buhari he knows better
Re: Fidelity Bank Appoints Mustapha Chike-Obi As New Board Chairman by molotov1: 10:44pm On Jul 05, 2020
Arewa Amaka
Re: Fidelity Bank Appoints Mustapha Chike-Obi As New Board Chairman by searchMaster(m): 10:46pm On Jul 05, 2020
pDudd:
cheesy

Mustapha Obi Chike.

Nairaland association of name checkers, please decode that name

Mustapha = Muslim name (Arabic)
Chike-Obi = Igbo name

Conclusion: the man is an Igbo Muslim. BTW almost every Muslim have an Arabic name
Re: Fidelity Bank Appoints Mustapha Chike-Obi As New Board Chairman by BeijinDossier: 10:48pm On Jul 05, 2020
Chike Obi Jnr is the son of the great mathematician Chike Obi from Onitsha.
Re: Fidelity Bank Appoints Mustapha Chike-Obi As New Board Chairman by spirul77: 10:48pm On Jul 05, 2020
AtbuAbdul:
This name reminds me of my very good friend, with whom I studied Civil Engineering at ATBU Bauchi, Engr Williams Muhammed. The combo was always funny and strange then but I later got used to it. I guess, just like my friend, the man may have reverted back to Islam from a Christian background.

I also have another friend Abubakar Chimezie, who also reverted to Islam.
reverted or converted? They are two different things.
Re: Fidelity Bank Appoints Mustapha Chike-Obi As New Board Chairman by Munzy14(m): 10:50pm On Jul 05, 2020
tribalwarlord:
Otu nne ndi Yoruba
cheesy smh for nairalanders.

1 Like

Re: Fidelity Bank Appoints Mustapha Chike-Obi As New Board Chairman by SpaceAngel: 10:52pm On Jul 05, 2020
That's the son of the mathematician, Chike Obi.

The brothers name is balogun Chike obi
Re: Fidelity Bank Appoints Mustapha Chike-Obi As New Board Chairman by chigo003(m): 10:56pm On Jul 05, 2020
This name is a danger to tribalism....Name checkers in disarray

Re: Fidelity Bank Appoints Mustapha Chike-Obi As New Board Chairman by suremanpatriot: 10:57pm On Jul 05, 2020
Which one be mustafa chike-Obi,wht a rubbish combination
Re: Fidelity Bank Appoints Mustapha Chike-Obi As New Board Chairman by 0taPiaPia(m): 11:00pm On Jul 05, 2020
That sample name is a common site in Afikpo area of Ebonyi state.

On a second thought.. the mod that pushed this thread to Front P only did so for the tribal backlash THEY hope to generate not because they give a hoot about fidelity and it's doings cool
Re: Fidelity Bank Appoints Mustapha Chike-Obi As New Board Chairman by Ogbuu101: 11:02pm On Jul 05, 2020
omenka:
Gradually, the marginalization of Ibo muslims by ibo Christians is coming to an end. cheesy
Nothing like Igbo muslim.
Them no de throw bomb or behead ppl and na we and them de drink beer 247.
So,don't insult my brothers by calling them muslims.

2 Likes

Re: Fidelity Bank Appoints Mustapha Chike-Obi As New Board Chairman by Spicycat(f): 11:10pm On Jul 05, 2020
BeeBeeOoh:
All Chike Obi's children bears one Hausa or Yoruba name..

Mustapha is not Hausa name undecided
Re: Fidelity Bank Appoints Mustapha Chike-Obi As New Board Chairman by saintokwuluora(m): 11:11pm On Jul 05, 2020
pDudd:
cheesy

Mustapha Obi Chike.

Nairaland association of name checkers, please decode that name
He is the son of the great mathematician Prof Chike Obi from Onitsha ,Anambra State. Being Igbo he gave two of his son'st the names Mustapha and Balogun which are of Hausa and Yoruba origin respectively, as an expression of his belief in the Nigerian project.
Re: Fidelity Bank Appoints Mustapha Chike-Obi As New Board Chairman by ugo4u: 11:24pm On Jul 05, 2020
AtbuAbdul:
This name reminds me of my very good friend, with whom I studied Civil Engineering at ATBU Bauchi, Engr Williams Muhammed. The combo was always funny and strange then but I later got used to it. I guess, just like my friend, the man may have reverted back to Islam from a Christian background.

Mustafa Chike-Obi is an Anglican his father the revered Chike Obi gave his children Hausa, Yoruba names. The man is a Pan-Nigerian.

2 Likes

Re: Fidelity Bank Appoints Mustapha Chike-Obi As New Board Chairman by ugo4u: 11:26pm On Jul 05, 2020
searchMaster:

Mustapha = Muslim name (Arabic)
Chike-Obi = Igbo name

Conclusion: the man is an Igbo Muslim. BTW almost every Muslim have an Arabic name
No he is not, his brother's name is Balogun Chike Obi. The father so much believed in the Nigerian project
Re: Fidelity Bank Appoints Mustapha Chike-Obi As New Board Chairman by redcliff: 11:38pm On Jul 05, 2020
SLAP44:

na to use am confuse bigots!

2 Likes

Re: Fidelity Bank Appoints Mustapha Chike-Obi As New Board Chairman by duepurpose: 11:46pm On Jul 05, 2020
Mustapha and Chike-Obi!

Nawa o!
The name no even try respect social distancing.
kiss kiss kiss
Re: Fidelity Bank Appoints Mustapha Chike-Obi As New Board Chairman by Alwaysachick: 11:51pm On Jul 05, 2020
Hndrrxxx:
CHAII this fraudster agAIN shocked shocked
FIDELITY BANK GO SOON MERGE grin grin grin grin

Corporate Hushpuppi's

1 Like

Re: Fidelity Bank Appoints Mustapha Chike-Obi As New Board Chairman by Alwaysachick: 11:52pm On Jul 05, 2020
saintokwuluora:

He is the son of the great mathematician Prof Chike Obi from Onitsha ,Anambra State. Being Igbo he gave two of his son'st the names Mustapha and Balogun which are of Hausa and Yoruba origin respectively, as an expression of his belief in the Nigerian project.

Odiegwu, if only we truly loved ourselves

1 Like

Re: Fidelity Bank Appoints Mustapha Chike-Obi As New Board Chairman by NwaEnugwuukwu(m): 11:55pm On Jul 05, 2020
AtbuAbdul:

Atbu!

I studied Mechanical/Production Engineering

You're class of what?

1 Like

Re: Fidelity Bank Appoints Mustapha Chike-Obi As New Board Chairman by Mycoin(m): 12:12am On Jul 06, 2020
mustapha is not an hausa or yoruba name, its just an Islamic name and yes, we do have muslims in their thousands in south south also..so those that are out there spewing maggots, shame on you

2 Likes

Re: Fidelity Bank Appoints Mustapha Chike-Obi As New Board Chairman by Flairoqy(m): 12:18am On Jul 06, 2020
"Obi chikelobi obi out, Ada chikalada ada in"
Who remembers this? Does it have anything to do with this man's family?

2 Likes

Re: Fidelity Bank Appoints Mustapha Chike-Obi As New Board Chairman by OCway92806: 12:27am On Jul 06, 2020
Useless bank, with their inhuman interest rates!! God punish your board of directors you blood suckers !!!!!!!!! Fidelity bank, you know how many haulage contractors you have killed and rendered useless, but my company will prevail you, we have been in court for the past 8years and you are still here deceiving poor Nigerians, you will pay that money you have no where to go and hide, you will pay that money by Gods grace.
Re: Fidelity Bank Appoints Mustapha Chike-Obi As New Board Chairman by notoriousbabe: 12:34am On Jul 06, 2020
If not for monkey business which day ibo man begin dey bear Mr. Mustafa Chike-Obi?
Re: Fidelity Bank Appoints Mustapha Chike-Obi As New Board Chairman by Kennydoc(m): 12:38am On Jul 06, 2020
AtbuAbdul:

Reverted? What's that supposed to mean?
Re: Fidelity Bank Appoints Mustapha Chike-Obi As New Board Chairman by Kennydoc(m): 12:42am On Jul 06, 2020
BeeBeeOoh:
All Chike Obi's children bears one Hausa or Yoruba name..

Yeah, I just saw it. The 2 eldest ones are:
Mustapha Chike-Obi
Balogun Chike-Obi

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fidelity Bank Appoints Mustapha Chike-Obi As New Board Chairman by Admitwithschola: 1:18am On Jul 06, 2020
SLAP44:

In case nobody has responded, let me respond.

His father, Professor Chike Obi, professor of mathematics Unilag and Nigeria's first PhD math holder from UCL or Cambridge, I forget now, was a deeply de-tribalized man (unlike the rubbish we see these days). He took it as a responsibility to name his kids names that reflect Nigeria, not necessarily tribe. This is why this dude, prof's son, has that first name. This dude, former AMCON oga, was himself a top math student at unilag, graduating among tops from unilag's math department decades ago. But he went the business line, didn't do higher level math like the dad

His father - Prof Obi -, Prof Olubummo and Prof Ezeilo were the earliest Nigerian mathematicians to bring fame to Nigeria in mathematics through their contributions. Chike Obi especially solved some "barbaric" equations and provided some elegant proofs to deep math conjectures and theorems. His work is still known in the math community globally. He was perhaps the first to earn a PhD in SSA..Perhaps sha, not too sure.

I don't know where it all went wrong with our mathematics in Nigeria, but I think things are now improving sha. Unilag has one wizkid that I think would walk in the shoes of these babas in the future. We need to support math education. I am rambling now, lol...But I am sure I have made a point sha.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fidelity Bank Appoints Mustapha Chike-Obi As New Board Chairman by Vanzcharles(m): 1:22am On Jul 06, 2020
Nawa for thus nairaland sef o. Someone is appointed as chairman the next thing for una na to dey check names.. Nawa ooi grin una weak me.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Amusing Names Nigerians Give Naira Notes / Court Freezes Ubah’s Capital Oil Accounts / Banks In Dilemma Over Idle $5bn Deposits

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.