Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,190 members, 7,829,262 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 11:05 PM

Fidelity Bank Appoints Mustapha Chike-Obi As New Board Chairman - Business (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Fidelity Bank Appoints Mustapha Chike-Obi As New Board Chairman (36823 Views)

First Bank Appoints 5 New Directors As Otedola Takes Over / First Bank Accepts CBN New Board As Adeduntan Resumes / Fidelity Bank Appoints Nneka Onyeali-Ikpe As New MD (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fidelity Bank Appoints Mustapha Chike-Obi As New Board Chairman by Admitwithschola: 1:33am On Jul 06, 2020
BeeBeeOoh:
That's a lie, Mustapha Chike-Obi is the son of a great mathematician, "Chike Obi from Onitsha. All his kids has an Hausa or Yoruba name

This is correct - Yoruba and Hausa names all his kids have. Prof Obi was a detribalized man in a Nigeria that was heavily tribal in those days.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fidelity Bank Appoints Mustapha Chike-Obi As New Board Chairman by phoenix90(m): 1:35am On Jul 06, 2020
He is the son of the famous mathematician Prof. Chike Obi. An erudite and successful financial management expert. He will take Fidelity bank to greater heights. If this is when Nigeria stock exchange was still exciting, I would’ve bought Fidelity bank stuff for a long term trade. But lack of liquidity and government poor financial policies have kept me on the outside of the stock market. He is a win win for the bank and the investors.
Re: Fidelity Bank Appoints Mustapha Chike-Obi As New Board Chairman by ofiko123(m): 1:44am On Jul 06, 2020
Congratulations to Mustapha Chike Obi..
Re: Fidelity Bank Appoints Mustapha Chike-Obi As New Board Chairman by FEGNO: 2:15am On Jul 06, 2020
pDudd:
cheesy

Mustapha Obi Chike.

Nairaland association of name checkers, please decode that name

He is from Onitsha and is son of Professor Chike Obi.
Re: Fidelity Bank Appoints Mustapha Chike-Obi As New Board Chairman by OCway92806: 3:50am On Jul 06, 2020
Biafra bank we will not let you, you are owned by the federal republic of Nigeria
Re: Fidelity Bank Appoints Mustapha Chike-Obi As New Board Chairman by egoldman(m): 4:56am On Jul 06, 2020
pDudd:
cheesy

Mustapha Obi Chike.

Nairaland association of name checkers, please decode that name

They are in confusion grin
Re: Fidelity Bank Appoints Mustapha Chike-Obi As New Board Chairman by Emyogalanya: 6:28am On Jul 06, 2020
Watch and see how his name will become an issue now. Even for the creator of this thread and the mod the took it to fp , its just the name that motivated them cos these news and the people in it have no bearing
Re: Fidelity Bank Appoints Mustapha Chike-Obi As New Board Chairman by roofingexperts(m): 6:40am On Jul 06, 2020
Let's deal
Re: Fidelity Bank Appoints Mustapha Chike-Obi As New Board Chairman by Nobody: 6:42am On Jul 06, 2020
Ipobian Muslim, he must have recently changed name for financial gains.
Re: Fidelity Bank Appoints Mustapha Chike-Obi As New Board Chairman by Roozzaay(m): 6:43am On Jul 06, 2020
No one even care about the man's profile or intellectual content to perform. Useless youths and tribal/religion bigots everywhere.... Pathetic
Re: Fidelity Bank Appoints Mustapha Chike-Obi As New Board Chairman by jonnypie(m): 6:48am On Jul 06, 2020
Name checkers e shock them...
Re: Fidelity Bank Appoints Mustapha Chike-Obi As New Board Chairman by tunjilana: 6:54am On Jul 06, 2020
AtbuAbdul:
This name reminds me of my very good friend, with whom I studied Civil Engineering at ATBU Bauchi, Engr Williams Muhammed. The combo was always funny and strange then but I later got used to it. I guess, just like my friend, the man may have reverted back to Islam from a Christian background.

I also have another friend Abubakar Chimezie, who also reverted to Islam.

Firstly the man in question is a christian, whose open minded father named after a great Turkish leader Mustapha Ataturk

As for your friend, I dont know his ethnicity but most Northern minority Christians bear Arabic names even when they have never practised Islam in their lineage. Cos the hausa name for most biblical hero is same as Arabic names you know. Abraham in hausa is Ibrahim e.t.c

2 Likes

Re: Fidelity Bank Appoints Mustapha Chike-Obi As New Board Chairman by Nobody: 7:15am On Jul 06, 2020
You see everybody finds these name usual it even sounds abnormal but they wants us all to stay together as ONE NIGERIA

THE SAME WAY THAT NAME SOUNDS.... IS HOW ONE NIGERIA SOUNDS TO ME
Re: Fidelity Bank Appoints Mustapha Chike-Obi As New Board Chairman by Firstorderwizard(m): 7:26am On Jul 06, 2020
The name spoil the appointment
I can't waste my Igbo amaka for him undecided
Re: Fidelity Bank Appoints Mustapha Chike-Obi As New Board Chairman by SmartchildTutor: 8:03am On Jul 06, 2020
SLAP44:
What kind of hybrid name is that?
I tire o!
The man should've hybridized it completely by answering Benjamin Adebowale Mustapha Chike-Obi.
BTW, is this the Chike-Obi that was in AMCON?
Re: Fidelity Bank Appoints Mustapha Chike-Obi As New Board Chairman by U1(m): 8:17am On Jul 06, 2020
Came hear to see if anyone would comment on the name. I was definitely not disappointed! cheesy These people. undecided
Re: Fidelity Bank Appoints Mustapha Chike-Obi As New Board Chairman by U1(m): 8:19am On Jul 06, 2020
SmartchildTutor:

I tire o!
The man should've hybridized it completely by answering Benjamin Adebowale Mustapha Chike-Obi.
BTW, is this the Chike-Obi that was in AMCON?

Are you a lazy youth? Just joking. cheesy It's already stated in the original post na.
Re: Fidelity Bank Appoints Mustapha Chike-Obi As New Board Chairman by einsteine(m): 8:23am On Jul 06, 2020
His father is Chike Edozien Obi, the first Nigerian to have a PHD in Mathematics. His elder brother is Balogun Chike Obi. He studied Mathematics like his father and his siblings all have names from other tribes of Nigeria
Re: Fidelity Bank Appoints Mustapha Chike-Obi As New Board Chairman by einsteine(m): 8:24am On Jul 06, 2020
Firstorderwizard:
The name spoil the appointment
I can't waste my Igbo amaka for him undecided

His father was one of the most prominent Igbos in the academic world but unfortunately ruined it all by working with Ojukwu during the civil war
Re: Fidelity Bank Appoints Mustapha Chike-Obi As New Board Chairman by xcuggsm(m): 9:28am On Jul 06, 2020
phoenix90:
He is the son of the famous mathematician Prof. Chike Obi. An erudite and successful financial management expert. He will take Fidelity bank to greater heights. If this is when Nigeria stock exchange was still exciting, I would’ve bought Fidelity bank stuff for a long term trade. But lack of liquidity and government poor financial policies have kept me on the outside of the stock market. He is a win win for the bank and the investors.
Another good move by ex-Governor Peter Obi!!

1 Like

Re: Fidelity Bank Appoints Mustapha Chike-Obi As New Board Chairman by holywind(m): 10:52am On Jul 06, 2020
SLAP44:
What kind of hybrid name is that?
I was shocked on seeing it
Re: Fidelity Bank Appoints Mustapha Chike-Obi As New Board Chairman by Salako01(m): 12:37pm On Jul 06, 2020
johnykgoal:
The name just combined like its one person.

For business owners!
How about an app that helps you manage your store inventory and sales, supports wholesales and retails with sales and profit report. Also manages debts and expenses. And it is free. See my sig

It actually one person. I think he is the son of that famous Mathematician, Mr Chika Obi. They said he is a detribalised Nigerian and so, he gave his children names from other ethnic groups. Like Mustapha and so on. grin grin
Re: Fidelity Bank Appoints Mustapha Chike-Obi As New Board Chairman by obiem(m): 1:48pm On Jul 06, 2020
If you can have Segun Arinze who says you can't have Mustapha Chike-Obi �
Re: Fidelity Bank Appoints Mustapha Chike-Obi As New Board Chairman by Excuses: 1:54pm On Jul 06, 2020
annyz:

To get federal appointments with approval from presidency.

They won't understand bro, the way our country functions is something else,I got an appointment with Aliero state university of science and technology Kebbi state.the opportunity was denied cos am not a Muslim,secondly because am not an indegen
Re: Fidelity Bank Appoints Mustapha Chike-Obi As New Board Chairman by May30thHeroes(m): 4:04pm On Jul 06, 2020
This is the son of the great mathmatician Chike Edoziem Obi.
What a great lineage.
His elder brother Balogun Chike Obi is also a physics professor in Unilag
Re: Fidelity Bank Appoints Mustapha Chike-Obi As New Board Chairman by bizzibodi(m): 9:56pm On Jul 06, 2020
How can 2 person be chairman :

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Amusing Names Nigerians Give Naira Notes / Court Freezes Ubah’s Capital Oil Accounts / Banks In Dilemma Over Idle $5bn Deposits

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.