Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,405 members, 7,812,196 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:54 AM

Programming: Video Or PDF Tutorials, Which Is Best? - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Programming: Video Or PDF Tutorials, Which Is Best? (667 Views)

I Need Python Videos Or Pdf Files / Get All This Programming Video Tutorials Very Cheap / Get Your Programming Video Tutorials In DVD Form (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Programming: Video Or PDF Tutorials, Which Is Best? by fortifiedng: 2:26am On Jul 06, 2020
When learning, which do you prefer, or which do you learn faster with.

Video Tutorials or PDFs

I'd go for Video Tutorials. But one thing about video tutorials is that you can't find everything you need to learn in a video tutorial . You still gats make reference to PDFs.

So which Do you learn faster with?

1 Like

Re: Programming: Video Or PDF Tutorials, Which Is Best? by etrange: 2:43am On Jul 06, 2020
In my opinion, there's no such thing as the best in this scenario. It's not even about programming cause, regardless of what is being studied, the choice would always depend on individual factors. Given the fact that none of these approaches gives you the chance to ask questions, it simply burns down to your brain's working principles.

Some learn more when they listen to someone teach and demonstrated while some prefer to read. Books could have more details but most times, a beginner doesn't need those overwhelming details. At the end, it burns down to you. So instead of asking such highly subjective questions, why not just try both and figure out what works for you?
Re: Programming: Video Or PDF Tutorials, Which Is Best? by fortifiedng: 2:46am On Jul 06, 2020
etrange:
In my opinion, there's no such thing as the best in this scenario. It's not even about programming cause, regardless of what is being studied, the choice would always depend on individual factors. Given the fact that none of these approaches gives you the chance to ask questions, it simply burns down to your brain's

Yeah man, just to get the opinions of others.

Like you said, it boils down to your brain.

Some people learn better when they create projects themselves, that's when they even find out new things they didn't learn from PFDs and VIDEO Tutorials
Re: Programming: Video Or PDF Tutorials, Which Is Best? by gbolly1151(m): 8:56am On Jul 06, 2020
Video look boring to me,i use pdf for all my learning
Re: Programming: Video Or PDF Tutorials, Which Is Best? by olukunle50: 9:59am On Jul 06, 2020
Actually i prefer pdf, it gives details of the subject, and also, if u are stalk, u can easily go back to the page(table of contents) , but video, u mite not know where exactly the solution is, so to me i prefer pdf,
Re: Programming: Video Or PDF Tutorials, Which Is Best? by Abuskid: 10:39am On Jul 06, 2020
P D Fs is for me preferable ... V I D E Os are for visual learners but no much details on concepts.

1 Like

Re: Programming: Video Or PDF Tutorials, Which Is Best? by SqueezedPant: 9:28pm On Jul 06, 2020
I prefer reading PDFs and using video later cuz I might not understand some things in the PDF
Re: Programming: Video Or PDF Tutorials, Which Is Best? by Ivix(m): 1:31am On Jul 08, 2020
I believe you need both.
Start with the videos first and build something with that. It'll serve as your entry point to what you're learning.
Then follow that up with PDFs for detailed knowledge on the basic one you already have.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Programming: Video Or PDF Tutorials, Which Is Best? by Etinosa1234: 8:41pm On Jul 08, 2020
I prefer PDF... video learning is a hell of boredom for me
Re: Programming: Video Or PDF Tutorials, Which Is Best? by fortifiedng: 9:49pm On Jul 08, 2020
Ivix:
I believe you need both.
Start with the videos first and build something with that. It'll serve as your entry point to what you're learning.
Then follow that up with PDFs for detailed knowledge on the basic one you already have.

Wisdom
Re: Programming: Video Or PDF Tutorials, Which Is Best? by CenturyCoder: 12:45pm On Jul 09, 2020
fortifiedng:
When learning, which do you prefer, or which do you learn faster with.

Video Tutorials or PDFs

I'd go for Video Tutorials. But one thing about video tutorials is that you can't find everything you need to learn in a video tutorial . You still gats make reference to PDFs.

So which Do you learn faster with?

Video Tutorials all the way but PDF tutorials give a little deeper insight
Re: Programming: Video Or PDF Tutorials, Which Is Best? by Karleb(m): 1:21pm On Jul 09, 2020
Both!
Re: Programming: Video Or PDF Tutorials, Which Is Best? by mlkraj(m): 8:08pm On Jul 09, 2020
I never used PDF before videos all through (at least when I began) BT now I usually just read d documentation since video(though I still enjoy) takes a lot of time and data
Re: Programming: Video Or PDF Tutorials, Which Is Best? by Anonime1105(m): 9:06pm On Jul 09, 2020
I have use videos for introduction but use PDFs for detailed study or reference
Re: Programming: Video Or PDF Tutorials, Which Is Best? by SirdimayG(m): 6:59pm On Jul 10, 2020
Pdf is better

(1) (Reply)

What Stopping You From Building Your Own Company? / I Need A C++ Programmer / I Want To Step Into The World Of Programming ..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.