Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,926 members, 7,824,880 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 08:05 PM

Cartoons: Not For Kids Alone! - TV/Movies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Cartoons: Not For Kids Alone! (17625 Views)

Throw Back: Cartoons We Grew Up With / NTA Cartoons and programmes Of The 70s, 80s And 90s / Kids Alone. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cartoons: Not For Kids Alone! by samsilo(m): 12:03am On May 24, 2007
Cartoons are great.They have a feel good quality which a lot of movies and programmes on telly do not have.
I used to have the same issue of "are you not too old for this stuff when I was in secondary school but not any more.

My favourites-Lion King
Mulan
Eldorado
Tom and jerry
Simpsons(would watch this before almost anything else on telly)
Family guy
South Park
Road Runner
The Pink Panther
Re: Cartoons: Not For Kids Alone! by acidrop(f): 3:55am On May 24, 2007
south park is 4nnyas, mayne, cant get enof of that cartoon, did u watch the episode on Micheal Jackson
Re: Cartoons: Not For Kids Alone! by richylaw(m): 12:59pm On May 25, 2007
Guess what? I came across all the episodes of Voltron ( an ols cartoon anyway) on a torrent. I just couldn't resist to download it. I love cartoons
Re: Cartoons: Not For Kids Alone! by samir101ng(m): 4:12pm On May 25, 2007
I like cartoons a lot also. But by far my most favourite is the Japanese Anime or Manga. I watch a lot of Cartoon Network on Dstv but honestly guys( And i think i should start a thread on this) the Cartoons their are so lame even for children. I mean look at the likes of

1. Ed,Edd and Eddy,
2. Snagglepuss,
3. Josie and the Pussycats
4. QuickDraw Mcgraw
5. Captain Cavemen

If my memeory serves me right, there was a Cartoon Network on Sky that used to show a lot of Japanese Anime. I think it was Cartoon Network India. They had a program PowerZone where they used to show action cartoons. By the way, i have about 80Gb of Anime in my Laptop's hardrive right now. My favourite Anime and Cartoons are

1. Naruto
2. FullMetal Alchemist
3. Bleach
4. DeathNote
5. SwatCats
6. DragonBall Z
7. Merrie Melodies (Warner Bros.)
8. Ben 10
9. Megas XLR
10. The Centurions
11. Transformers
12. Ninja Robots.

P.S Please does anybody know of any good anime, manga or cartoon channel on satellite that can watched or subsribed to here in nigeria with a staellite dish ? Thanks people.
Re: Cartoons: Not For Kids Alone! by gbadex1(m): 8:10pm On May 25, 2007
@ samir101ng:

dude, you hit the nail on the head! I mean, i was just about raising the points you raised! Seriously people, the Cartoon Network DStv shows is pure trash!!! They show one of the worst cartoons ever! Lame ass cartoons that could get a 5 year old retarded. There are only a few exceptions- Ben10, Megas, Samurai Jack- the rest are just bullshit.

Most times i skip to K-TV when CN becomes unbearable.

I once read on the net there's a program called Adult Swim on Cartoon Network, showing mainly animes/mangas and adult themed cartoons starting at 11:00pm - 5:00 am. Why i can't watch the same Adult Swim on the Cartoon Network DStv shows, i still don't know.

Or is there another version of CN that shows mainly anime? Someone please help me out!
Re: Cartoons: Not For Kids Alone! by iice(f): 2:41pm On May 26, 2007
how come am not really feeling this Ben10, my bro drives me crazy with it! I love the graphics but am not really feeling it yet, probably after some months i'l start getting into it lol. Hey they soon gonna start Fantastic Four on Cartoon network, can't wait for that one.
Re: Cartoons: Not For Kids Alone! by gbadex1(m): 3:22pm On May 26, 2007
I still don't get it. Which Cartoon Network will be showing F.F? How many Cartoon Networks are there? Iicey, help me out. . .
Re: Cartoons: Not For Kids Alone! by iice(f): 3:40pm On May 26, 2007
I don't know gbade how many CN they have. Sowee smiley There's only one CN where I am undecided
Re: Cartoons: Not For Kids Alone! by DewDrop(f): 5:32pm On May 28, 2007
Cartoons r def. not for children.
My fave. shows are cartoons
drives my ppl crazy but I'd rather watch cartoons any day!
Re: Cartoons: Not For Kids Alone! by samir101ng(m): 7:24pm On May 29, 2007
I think there are about 6 CN channels. Thank God i started with the Indian Version. Half the programs were Japanese Anime like Pokemon, Dragon Ball z, Transformers etc. The UK version on Dstv is whacked.
Re: Cartoons: Not For Kids Alone! by gbadex1(m): 12:22am On May 30, 2007
@ samir101ng:

please how do i get the Indian version?

The one i have on DStv's pratically useless. Just show wack cartoons to pass time.

Please help me out!

PS: you've got DStv, right?
Re: Cartoons: Not For Kids Alone! by grafikdon: 1:16am On May 30, 2007
Sorry fellas. . . lol. It must be a pain to be subjected to those 'dumb ass' cartoons. Chei! The CN over here has their fair share of 'dumb ass' cartoons but I totally ignore them until it is time for 'Toonami' and 'Adult Swim' where I get to watch cool stuff Like Samurain Champloo or Boondocks and don't forget Inuyasha. . . them plenty o and I can't wait for the new Fantastic Four (Actually it isn't new but I am waiting for it though).

Now I don't know why they canceled Samurai Jack and Xmen Evolution
Re: Cartoons: Not For Kids Alone! by shreks(m): 5:20pm On May 30, 2007
Its true cartoons are the bomb.
Re: Cartoons: Not For Kids Alone! by gbadex1(m): 12:22am On May 31, 2007
@ samir101ng:

dude, where you at? Been waiting for your reply. . .

@ grafikdon:

is there anyway one can subscribe for this Toonami and Adult Swim?
Re: Cartoons: Not For Kids Alone! by samir101ng(m): 3:54pm On Jun 04, 2007
@ Gbade.X
Sorry dude, travelled. Yeah, i have a Dstv KU Band. You can get the Cartoon Network India on Sky Network, where you get Sky One, Sky Movies, Sky Sport. Does anybody know any Anime channel online that you can watch ? Holla.
Re: Cartoons: Not For Kids Alone! by gbadex1(m): 8:13pm On Jun 04, 2007
@samir101ng:

so how can i get this Sky Network? Is it available on DStv or seperate? I don't know man, i'm a lil' bit confused here. . .
Re: Cartoons: Not For Kids Alone! by gbadex1(m): 8:13pm On Jun 04, 2007
@samir101ng:

so how can i get this Sky Network? Is it available on DStv or seperate? I don't know man, i'm a lil' bit confused here. . .
Re: Cartoons: Not For Kids Alone! by Gamine(f): 8:17pm On Jun 04, 2007
Adult Swim shows on Go Tv
Re: Cartoons: Not For Kids Alone! by grafikdon: 8:30pm On Jun 04, 2007
cheesy Chei Gamine, pikin like you no suppose dey watch adult swim now, you neva reach o.
Re: Cartoons: Not For Kids Alone! by gbadex1(m): 9:14pm On Jun 04, 2007
@ Gamine:

ayt, i hear you. . .but i still prefer that on CN. . .
Re: Cartoons: Not For Kids Alone! by samir101ng(m): 5:31pm On Jun 05, 2007
Both Sky Network and Showtime Arabia are Pay Tv (Subscription based) such as Dstv. You can buy their packages from any satellite tv distributor.
Re: Cartoons: Not For Kids Alone! by Gamine(f): 3:44pm On Jun 12, 2007
Haba Grafiki cheesy

I reach o Wellu wellu!!
Re: Cartoons: Not For Kids Alone! by westsidema(f): 2:23pm On Aug 03, 2007
yea, cartoons are not only for kids. but im 21 and im 5ft got a babyface. i watch tom n jerry, spongbob and some interesting and some pf my famly or friends are like im not a kid anymore n im like what da Bleep. i watch cartoon to make me laugh or feel relax and they understood it that way.

but yea cartoons are mostly for kids cuz they enjoy the creativity of how the cartoons works and makes them laugh.

besides some younger guys watch anime (the japanese cartoons) including my white cuzin who's also the same age with me.
Re: Cartoons: Not For Kids Alone! by nazzyon(m): 6:03am On Aug 06, 2007
Actually, cartoons works for people in numerous ways. As for me it a mind opener.

I watch atleast 3 cartoon very earlier in the morning.
Re: Cartoons: Not For Kids Alone! by Macutie(f): 6:58am On Aug 06, 2007
Cartons are GREAT!!!!!!!!
Hey they help you relax and they sometimes make more sense than movies.
I would choose a good carton over movies anytime!
Re: Cartoons: Not For Kids Alone! by zubbiedan(m): 8:38am On Aug 06, 2007
of cos it's not just for kids alone,it's a perfect antitode for high BP.
I LUV CARTOON grin grin grin
Re: Cartoons: Not For Kids Alone! by Ralvy(m): 11:12am On Aug 06, 2007
Naruto all the way* wink
Re: Cartoons: Not For Kids Alone! by sprezatura(m): 12:48pm On Aug 06, 2007
Na wao, guess no one has enough intelligence to handle Top Cat
Re: Cartoons: Not For Kids Alone! by Reba(f): 2:06pm On Aug 06, 2007
I love power puff girls and Kim Possible
But I also watch Sumarai Jack, Road Runner,Scooby doo,Dexter Laboratory,Cowdly Dog.Tom and Jery
Re: Cartoons: Not For Kids Alone! by abelix(m): 2:16pm On Aug 06, 2007
i truly an a fan of cartoons ,it is definately not for kid alone ,just check out the dialogues in shrek 1,2,3,
Re: Cartoons: Not For Kids Alone! by lovemajek(f): 9:30pm On Aug 06, 2007
the simpson is the best
Re: Cartoons: Not For Kids Alone! by jayvin01: 10:37pm On Aug 06, 2007
yup, cartoons are great!, i like em, check out the fox and the hound, lion king 1 & 2, samurai x,, *finding nemo (very interesting)*, and many more, it aint fo kids alone!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Juicy Jay & Olivia (juiovla) Evicted From The Big Brother Titans House / Safari's Movie Reviews / Chidi Mokeme Returns As Host Of Gulder Ultimate Search 10

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.