Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,796 members, 7,820,794 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:47 PM

Cartoons: Not For Kids Alone! - TV/Movies (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Cartoons: Not For Kids Alone! (17613 Views)

Throw Back: Cartoons We Grew Up With / NTA Cartoons and programmes Of The 70s, 80s And 90s / Kids Alone. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cartoons: Not For Kids Alone! by Exstar(f): 2:02pm On Oct 06, 2008
my soup got burnt yesterday because i was watching TOM & JERRY!!!
I love cartoons.
Re: Cartoons: Not For Kids Alone! by Princessty(f): 8:24pm On Nov 29, 2009
There Is Family Guy,American Dad,Futurama,South Park,Sit Down Shut Up,The New Spinoff The Cleveland Show and King Of The Hill
Re: Cartoons: Not For Kids Alone! by kenway(m): 9:48pm On Dec 08, 2009
If you love cartoons/animation then checxk this out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z-7W9Fcgy6M
Re: Cartoons: Not For Kids Alone! by Nobody: 1:32am On Dec 09, 2009
those simpsons are crazy grin

great show
Re: Cartoons: Not For Kids Alone! by gianni(f): 9:55pm On Dec 11, 2009
for me,it's the simpsons;flinstones,ed_edd and eddy.and of course the classics-tom and jerry and good old popeye.
Re: Cartoons: Not For Kids Alone! by AdamuW: 10:38am On Dec 15, 2009
I love animations and cartoons from all genres. From political through to straight up looney tunes. You can't beat it. But now, I'd say I'm into series like Family Guy and Samurai Champloo. Though it's been a while since I've looked into what's new. I actually try not to so I don't get hooked to any more series. Not enough hours in the day.
Re: Cartoons: Not For Kids Alone! by slimes(m): 7:09pm On Dec 17, 2009
It is only the less matured that think that catoons are only meant for kids. The whole essence of cartoons is to relieve stress.
Re: Cartoons: Not For Kids Alone! by rubber321: 8:34am On Dec 29, 2009
Cartoons are the best source of entertainment right from the beginning and everyone likes to watch it. There were days when only kids like to watch cartoons but these days everyone enjoy cartoons.
Re: Cartoons: Not For Kids Alone! by Callfubu(m): 6:23am On Sep 18, 2014
grafikdon: Cartoon is just another medium of entertainment, just like live movie some are made strictly for kids, some are made strictly for adults (Japanese anime, anyone?) while some are made for anyone who cares to watch.

Kids are drawn to cartoons because they love to identify with things extraordinary so a lot of animation directors cash in on that and come out with something that is completely soft so that they can milk the single adults and the adults with kids...it is all about the Benjamins. The Japanese are the only ones that are true to the art because of the diversity of their products. This is the reason why I value Japanese animation more than all the razzle- dazzle- softie -softie- Burger king -Mcdonald American stuff.

If oyu love cartoons (very good ones 'cause I just stay away from the too soft ones) like I do, you better tune in to cartoon Network's Adult Swim block. That's where they have the real goodies... or you can some of the following DVD's:

Akira
Ghost In The Shell2
Kaena: The Prophecy
Ninja Scroll ( kinda filled with blood and guts but a very interesting story and convincing characters)
Appleseed
Cowboy Beebop: The Movie
Watership Down (kinda old but the story nearly made me cry)
Titan AE
Final Fantasy: Advent Children
Sky Blue (Fantastic Korean Animation)
Lion King (This's gotta be my favourite animated film of all time)
Anastacia (Comes in Second after Lion King on my top ten list)
Kirikou
Heavy Metal
Fire and Ice
Spawn ( The animated TV Series)
... whew! The list is just endless.
I feel you, tho I enjoy Japanese anime especially Naruto and One Piece with the latter being my best of all time
Re: Cartoons: Not For Kids Alone! by Callfubu(m): 6:24am On Sep 18, 2014
Maxflame: A strictly most not see cartoon for kids is South Park. Its hilarious.
yea and boondocks, cartoons strictly for adults
Re: Cartoons: Not For Kids Alone! by Nobody: 5:58pm On Nov 19, 2014
Madagascar, Ice Age, The Simpsons. I have seen Madagascar 3, at least, 20 times, no kidding. Sometimes for the storyline, sometimes for the level of detail, sometimes just for the dialogue. It's better than most movies even.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Juicy Jay & Olivia (juiovla) Evicted From The Big Brother Titans House / Official Thread of Gulder Ultimate Search 6 / Chidi Mokeme Returns As Host Of Gulder Ultimate Search 10

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.