Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,480 members, 7,819,752 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:20 PM

Who Killed Gubio? If Sheriff Said Boko Haram Didn’t Kill Gubio - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Who Killed Gubio? If Sheriff Said Boko Haram Didn’t Kill Gubio (1012 Views)

‘Decomposing Bodies’ Of Nigerian Soldiers In Gubio -TheCable / Boko Haram: Report Claims Governor Shettima Killed Gubio, Ngala / Boko Haram: Report Claims Governor Shettima Killed Gubio, Ngala (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Who Killed Gubio? If Sheriff Said Boko Haram Didn’t Kill Gubio by dapachez: 10:55am On Feb 02, 2011
Desperate politicians who want to take over power from him by all means, and not Boko Haram elements, were responsible for last Friday’s brutal killing of the ANPP governorship candidate in Borno State Alhaji Modu Fannami Gubio, Governor Ali Modu Sheriff said in Maiduguri on Monday night. The governor’s younger brother Alhaji Goni Mustapha Sheriff, two Mobile policemen and three others were also killed on that day. Sheriff also condemned calls for the imposition of emergency rule in Borno State, saying his government and relevant security agencies will handle the issue of insecurity which has become a nightmare in the state.

The governor, who spoke to reporters late in the night on Monday, exonerated the members of the outlawed Boko Haram sect of the recent killings, saying that it was crafted by “few politicians who want power by all means.”

“I believe that what happened was not carried out by the Boko Haram members. First it was the deputy zonal chairman of the ANPP, Awana Ali Ngala that was killed. Incidentally, he was my cousin. And then last Friday, they attacked our gubernatorial candidate and my younger brother alongside five other innocent souls. We all know the patterns of the Boko Haram people who will just rush out, shoot in the air and run into hiding,” Sheriff said.

He added, “But all those that died on Friday were shot right in the head, and only specially trained persons can do that.”

He also said, “I am not surprised that some politicians have launched campaign of calumny in the media suggesting that a state of emergency be imposed in Borno state. We know from where they are coming from; they are behind it all these while. As soon as they achieved what they planned on Friday, they rushed to the media calling for a state of emergency. This alone is a clear testimony that people are desperate and they want to get power at all costs. But we will not allow this to happen again, we will surely get them in no time.”

According to Sheriff, “I have gotten all the assurances from the vice president whom I have spoken with one on one as well as the inspector general of police. They have given me all their words and approval to deploy more units of mobile police and additional troops of soldiers to boost the security network in Borno state.

“We will, by the grace of God protect all citizens and residents of Borno and by the grace of God all the perpetrators will be brought to book; and this state will be secure and protected more than ever before, Insha Allah.”

Daily trust 02/02/2010
Re: Who Killed Gubio? If Sheriff Said Boko Haram Didn’t Kill Gubio by 21052011: 3:05pm On Feb 02, 2011
thats what happens when a governor wants to shove someone up everyones a.s.s
one down
more to go

*takes popcorn and waits to see who the accusing finger will be pointed to*
Re: Who Killed Gubio? If Sheriff Said Boko Haram Didn’t Kill Gubio by Damilolly(f): 2:01pm On Aug 01, 2022
This Shettima who used gunmen to get rid of the person who might've become governor of Borno and them became governor and let Boko Haram reign during his tenure from 2011 to 2019 is about to be rewarded with the vice presidency of the country. Get your PVC and vote Labour.

(1) (Reply)

Albinos In Nigeria Suffer A Lot Of Discrimination / Baba E Wi Hun Hun-tha Plight Of Nigeria's Senior Citizens / Faan, Nama Mds Sacked

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.