Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,559 members, 7,812,815 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:47 PM

Rename Ibadan Airport After Ajimobi - Senate Tells Buhari - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Rename Ibadan Airport After Ajimobi - Senate Tells Buhari (23598 Views)

Breaking News: Multi Billion Ibadan Airport In Pictures / We Can’t Give You A New Constitution, Senate Tells Nigerians / Oyo Approves Issuance Of ₦100B Bond For Iseyin-Ogbomoso Road, Ibadan Airport (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Rename Ibadan Airport After Ajimobi - Senate Tells Buhari by zomby(m): 11:59am On Jul 07, 2020
The Senate on Tuesday asked the Federal Government to rename the Ibadan Airport after the late former governor of Oyo State, Senator Abiola Ajimobi.

This was sequel to the adoption of a motion by Senator Abdulfatahi Buhari and seconded by Senator Ibikunle Amosun.

Senator Buhari had eulogised the late Ajimobi, who was a member of the 5th Senate from 2003 to 2007.

The red chamber thereafter observed a minute silence in honour of Ajimobi

It also advised the Federal Government to rename the Ibadan Airport after him.

https://punchng.com/senate-asks-buhari-to-rename-ibadan-airport-after-ajimobi/

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rename Ibadan Airport After Ajimobi - Senate Tells Buhari by illicit(m): 12:13pm On Jul 07, 2020
That's the only thing they know how to do

147 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Rename Ibadan Airport After Ajimobi - Senate Tells Buhari by zomby(m): 12:14pm On Jul 07, 2020
I think the senate are on drugs...

Before making such a bold move, they need to do the assessment of Ajimobi's accomplishments for the 8 years he was in the office and also check with the Oyo state people to see if this is what they want.
I just feel that it makes no sense to rename Ibadan airport to the name of a man that couldn't even win his father village during the last senatorial election. Furthermore, majority of the Oyo state people have nothing decent to say about the man....For this reason, it shouldn't be up to Buhari, but up to the Oyo state people that he served as a senator and also as a governor for 8 years.

And please do not get carried away with the 2 terms, as it isn't about the quantity (the number of years in power), but all about the quality (what you accomplished when you were in power). If late Bola Ige's name has not been used to replace the airport name, I do not believe that anyone's name in Oyo state deserves to be used to replace the airport name... The senate should allow the man to rest in peace.

281 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Rename Ibadan Airport After Ajimobi - Senate Tells Buhari by Brandstudio01: 12:15pm On Jul 07, 2020
Not sure I'm surprised my brother

1 Like

Re: Rename Ibadan Airport After Ajimobi - Senate Tells Buhari by JosEast(m): 12:15pm On Jul 07, 2020
This govt sef

12 Likes

Re: Rename Ibadan Airport After Ajimobi - Senate Tells Buhari by Darkharvest: 12:33pm On Jul 07, 2020
These people are officially Mad. What was his achievement while in office, someone that couldn't win a senatorial seat in the last election.

67 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rename Ibadan Airport After Ajimobi - Senate Tells Buhari by Sirheny007(m): 1:13pm On Jul 07, 2020
On what basis?
What do they smoke there in the chambers?
They may as well rename it after me.

51 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Rename Ibadan Airport After Ajimobi - Senate Tells Buhari by ForeThinker: 1:13pm On Jul 07, 2020
Issokay
Re: Rename Ibadan Airport After Ajimobi - Senate Tells Buhari by chloride6: 1:13pm On Jul 07, 2020
grin

3 Likes

Re: Rename Ibadan Airport After Ajimobi - Senate Tells Buhari by Mowsid(m): 1:13pm On Jul 07, 2020
Real honour

3 Likes

Re: Rename Ibadan Airport After Ajimobi - Senate Tells Buhari by Ayt27(m): 1:13pm On Jul 07, 2020
As the days pass by, I seem to have less to say.

20 Likes

Re: Rename Ibadan Airport After Ajimobi - Senate Tells Buhari by Christonjnr(m): 1:14pm On Jul 07, 2020
After they steal from Us.
built airport with a budget of 39b, only 20 billion is appropriated and accounted for,while the remaining billions are shared withing the political gladitors

Now,they are death,structures that were built with a public funds should be renamed after them?

lets asks ourselves questions Nigerians --S-S-S-S-S

10 Likes

Re: Rename Ibadan Airport After Ajimobi - Senate Tells Buhari by ALCOHOLKILLS(m): 1:14pm On Jul 07, 2020
buhari should do that immediately, nice move by senate grin cheesy

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rename Ibadan Airport After Ajimobi - Senate Tells Buhari by seunlayi(m): 1:14pm On Jul 07, 2020
Better name it "constituted Authority" grin grin grin grin

11 Likes

Re: Rename Ibadan Airport After Ajimobi - Senate Tells Buhari by helinues: 1:15pm On Jul 07, 2020
Haba

That's mediocre

2 Likes

Re: Rename Ibadan Airport After Ajimobi - Senate Tells Buhari by Coder2Client(m): 1:15pm On Jul 07, 2020
Which kain wahala be this!!!

It will now be "Ajimobi Airport, Ibadan" rubbish.

10 Likes

Re: Rename Ibadan Airport After Ajimobi - Senate Tells Buhari by seunlayi(m): 1:15pm On Jul 07, 2020
zomby:

Furthermore, majority of the Oyo state people have nothing decent to say about the man..... If late Bola Ige's name has not been used to replace the airport name, I do not believe that anyone's name in Oyo state deserves to be used to replace the airport name... The senate should allow the man to rest in peace.

Well said. Seconded, he deserve just a road to be named after him

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rename Ibadan Airport After Ajimobi - Senate Tells Buhari by dalass(f): 1:15pm On Jul 07, 2020
They are just scratch my back I scratch yours Senate grin

If not, someone who singlehandedly made Oyo state citizens to vote out APC. Yes APC lost to PDP in Oyo because of him.. They should name their houses of companies after him but I'm certain. Oyo people will have none of it..

Anyway, we'll see grin

2 Likes

Re: Rename Ibadan Airport After Ajimobi - Senate Tells Buhari by Simplyleo: 1:15pm On Jul 07, 2020
A very good decision.

5 Likes

Re: Rename Ibadan Airport After Ajimobi - Senate Tells Buhari by XXLMANDIGO: 1:16pm On Jul 07, 2020
That's not good enough. I suggest they name the CBN after him or the Lagos Ibadan Expressway to Ajimobi Expressway.

Jokers tongue

11 Likes

Re: Rename Ibadan Airport After Ajimobi - Senate Tells Buhari by chaloskyx: 1:16pm On Jul 07, 2020
and what extraordinary thing did he do exactly to have the airport named after him you want to name an airport after a thief and corrupt individual who could not build one decent hospital in oyo state are you people mad

7 Likes

Re: Rename Ibadan Airport After Ajimobi - Senate Tells Buhari by Nobody: 1:16pm On Jul 07, 2020
Which airport?? Where the airport Dey?? grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Rename Ibadan Airport After Ajimobi - Senate Tells Buhari by inoki247: 1:16pm On Jul 07, 2020
this set of Senator are just too confuse shey na wetin go move the economy abi wat value will that contribute to d masses..... rename am 2
Constituted Authority Airport cool cool

1 Like

Re: Rename Ibadan Airport After Ajimobi - Senate Tells Buhari by Simplyleo: 1:16pm On Jul 07, 2020
chaloskyx:
and what extraordinary thing did he do exactly to have the airport named after him you want to name an airport after a thief and corrupt individual who could not build one decent hospital in oyo state are you people mad
Pls, how this matter take concern you? undecided

4 Likes

Re: Rename Ibadan Airport After Ajimobi - Senate Tells Buhari by theoneJabulani(m): 1:17pm On Jul 07, 2020
For what reason?

Contact me for US and UK used laptops

1 Like

Re: Rename Ibadan Airport After Ajimobi - Senate Tells Buhari by bigdammyj: 1:17pm On Jul 07, 2020
Just Like that?
Re: Rename Ibadan Airport After Ajimobi - Senate Tells Buhari by Beverlyjean(f): 1:17pm On Jul 07, 2020
These guys dont have brains ...abeg, someone should tell me one significant thing this guy did for oyo to deserve the renaming

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rename Ibadan Airport After Ajimobi - Senate Tells Buhari by seunlayi(m): 1:17pm On Jul 07, 2020
Simplyleo:
A very good decision.

Who him be? I m asking you

4 Likes

Re: Rename Ibadan Airport After Ajimobi - Senate Tells Buhari by stunnert(m): 1:18pm On Jul 07, 2020
Is it the presidio I saw drinking fura this morning, that one no get time for matter wey no bring money
Re: Rename Ibadan Airport After Ajimobi - Senate Tells Buhari by justlikedat: 1:18pm On Jul 07, 2020
seunlayi:
Who him be?
Him be one of them.
I hope one day they won't wake up and rename Nigeria as Buhari.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Cardinal Onaiyekan: Nigerians Deceived By Buhari's Government / Fuel Scarcity: We Can No Longer Sell At N165/litre – IPMAN / APC, FG Commence Total Clampdown On Opposition; PDP

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.