Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,646 members, 7,816,655 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:36 PM

Help! My Dad Is Too Stuck-up And Tight-up. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Help! My Dad Is Too Stuck-up And Tight-up. (1547 Views)

My Mum Bullying My Dad Is Getting Out Of Hand!!! / My 85-Year-Old Dad Is Cheating On My Mom / My Woman Wears Very Short And Tight Outfits. I Cautioned Her, This Is Happening (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help! My Dad Is Too Stuck-up And Tight-up. by Donhaywhy001(m): 8:40am On Jul 08, 2020
Please, My Dad is always cruelty nd harsh on me everytime.
Any small thing like diz he will start to talk.
Nd his cruelty nd his harsh words sometimes always make me feel like killing someone.
I'm even thinking of leaving his house for him.
Or what do u think I can do abeg.

1 Like

Re: Help! My Dad Is Too Stuck-up And Tight-up. by chii8(f): 8:48am On Jul 08, 2020
According to the Bible in Proverb 3:12,it is whom the father loves he chastises, Proverb 4:13, take fast hold of instructions, keep her, for she is thy life....

Be grateful,be happy son!!!

2 Likes

Re: Help! My Dad Is Too Stuck-up And Tight-up. by donbachi(m): 8:57am On Jul 08, 2020
Check the area u are doing wrong,and make amends...then,talk it over with him...unless there is something u are not telling us.

2 Likes

Re: Help! My Dad Is Too Stuck-up And Tight-up. by seankafor(m): 9:03am On Jul 08, 2020
Lol.. welcome aboard son..

I can relate �..

1 Like

Re: Help! My Dad Is Too Stuck-up And Tight-up. by Donhaywhy001(m): 9:06am On Jul 08, 2020
chii8:
According to the Bible in Proverb 3:12,it is whom the father loves he chastises, Proverb 4:13, take fast hold of instructions, keep her, for she is thy life....

Buh it is getting too much na.
I went to my guy side yesterday, So when i got back home he asked me Where i was coming from, I told him I went to chill in my guy side cuz boredom is killing me at home.
Nd he start saying his cruelty nd harsh words on me as usual.... I swear i feel like hitting him yesterday buh I gats cool my temper.
I'm fed up... Olohun

1 Like

Re: Help! My Dad Is Too Stuck-up And Tight-up. by kalufelix(m): 9:09am On Jul 08, 2020
He may be having issues with himself... Just as we have bad children...some parents are equally bad... Shine your eyes! I no wan talk further

3 Likes

Re: Help! My Dad Is Too Stuck-up And Tight-up. by Donhaywhy001(m): 9:15am On Jul 08, 2020
donbachi:
Check the area u are doing wrong,and make amends...then,talk it over with him...unless there is something u are not telling us.

If you know my Pman ehnn....
Something that Doesn't even worth shouting to , he will start saying all manner of words.
This Morning ehnn na because i didnt give fowl food, I start to hear history about his Dad that died long time ago bla bla bla....
Mtcheww

1 Like

Re: Help! My Dad Is Too Stuck-up And Tight-up. by donbachi(m): 9:22am On Jul 08, 2020
Donhaywhy001:

If you know my Pman ehnn....
Something that Doesn't even worth shouting to , he will start saying all manner of words.
This Morning ehnn na because i didnt give fowl food, I start to hear history about his Dad that died long time ago bla bla bla....
Mtcheww
him be retired nitel,nipost and nigeria airways staff?na dem dey always act like dis..all the same,show some respect.cos e no dey hard for some of dem to swear for dia children.

1 Like

Re: Help! My Dad Is Too Stuck-up And Tight-up. by Donhaywhy001(m): 9:25am On Jul 08, 2020
donbachi:
him be retired nitel,nipost and nigeria airways staff?na dem dey always act like dis..all the same,show some respect.cos e no dey hard for some of dem to swear for dia children.

Lol... Na Police jare.

Anytime his back from work like diz or maybe his at home with me.... Am not always happy.

1 Like

Re: Help! My Dad Is Too Stuck-up And Tight-up. by donbachi(m): 9:26am On Jul 08, 2020
Donhaywhy001:

Lol... Na Police jare.

Anytime his back from work like diz or maybe his at home with me.... Am not always happy.
regardless...show some respect.
Re: Help! My Dad Is Too Stuck-up And Tight-up. by sylve11: 9:31am On Jul 08, 2020
chii8:

They will not know until their mature enough to know. cool

1 Like

Re: Help! My Dad Is Too Stuck-up And Tight-up. by yanabasee1(m): 9:35am On Jul 08, 2020
Donhaywhy001:

I went to my guy side yesterday, So when i got back home he asked me Where i was coming from, I told him I went to chill in my guy side cuz boredom is killing me at home.
Nd he start saying his cruelty nd harsh words on me as usual.... I swear i feel like hitting him yesterday buh I gats cool my temper.
I'm fed up... Olohun

Oga...... you must learn to listen to your father more....

What time did you leave the house to go rest at your friend's house?Did you spend your entire day hosting your youthful age away?

You should know that, as far as you are leaving under your parents and you don't have any job that will have you leave home, your parents will always need you around for chores like drop this over there, wash this for me, take this and give to our other neighbors, fetch me a glass of water to drink, call me your mother or get this drugs for you mother and so on...

No matter your age, if you must leave your parents house, you should do that with peace and not because you feel he's cruel with you....

2 Likes

Re: Help! My Dad Is Too Stuck-up And Tight-up. by Donhaywhy001(m): 9:46am On Jul 08, 2020
yanabasee1:

Oga...... you must learn to listen to your father more....

What time did you leave the house to go rest at your friend's house?Did you spend your entire day hosting your youthful age away?

You should know that, as far as you are leaving under your parents and you don't have any job that will have you leave home, your parents will always need you around for chores like drop this over there, wash this for me, take this and give to our other neighbors, fetch me a glass of water to drink, call me your mother or get this drugs for you mother and so on...

No matter your age, if you must leave your parents house, you should do that with peace and not because you feel he's cruel with you....

Thanks Blooda
Re: Help! My Dad Is Too Stuck-up And Tight-up. by merieam16(f): 9:48am On Jul 08, 2020
Donhaywhy001:

Nd his cruelty nd his harsh words sometimes always make me feel like killing someone.
kill him naw so u can av ur freedom in jail.

Indomie children, dey dont want to b disciplined whatsoever

2 Likes

Re: Help! My Dad Is Too Stuck-up And Tight-up. by chii8(f): 10:38am On Jul 08, 2020
Donhaywhy001:

I'm fed up... Olohun

I understand how you feel but feeling like hitting your father is a no- no, what exactly do you term cruel and harsh? Have you tried having a heart to heart discussion with him on how you feel (the boredom part).My only daughter is 10years old and she has 3 brothers, during this lockdown, she complained that she was bored as she doesn't fit in to her brothers style of play and gist,I understood her perfectly and started working on how to keep her busy,I bought a head mannequin (I don't know the right name) with hairs and wools because she fancies braiding,I introduced her to Tim lahaye and Jerry Jenkins' Left Behind Series (she just finished 'Soul Harvest' and she will be starting 'Apolloyn' next week) and also a skipping robe.
Since then, she has not mentioned boredom again.So I'm saying you should talk to your parents, there's no gain being rebellious.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help! My Dad Is Too Stuck-up And Tight-up. by Nobody: 11:16am On Jul 08, 2020
chii8:

Bullshit.....

If he calms down and talks peacefully, will he die.....

I don't know why people like showing nonsense superiority
Re: Help! My Dad Is Too Stuck-up And Tight-up. by Nobody: 11:18am On Jul 08, 2020
donbachi:
regardless...show some respect.

His father should as well show some respect
Re: Help! My Dad Is Too Stuck-up And Tight-up. by seankafor(m): 11:25am On Jul 08, 2020
chii8:

I understand how you feel but feeling like hitting your father is a no- no, what exactly do you term cruel and harsh? Have you tried having a heart to heart discussion with him on how you feel (the boredom part).My only daughter is 10years old and she has 3 brothers, during this lockdown, she complained that she was bored as she doesn't fit in to her brothers style of play and gist,I understood her perfectly and started working on how to keep her busy,I bought a head mannequin (I don't know the right name) with hairs and wools because she fancies braiding,I introduced her to Tim lahaye and Jerry Jenkins' Left Behind Series (she just finished 'Soul Harvest' and she will be starting 'Apolloyn' next week) and also a skipping robe.
Since then, she has not mentioned boredom again.So I'm saying you should talk to your parents, there's no gain being rebellious.
madam, some parents (father's) in particular are t just the romantic and humorous type..

I can relate what the op is going through 100%..

It's been 3 years I spoke to my dad in phone, even when at house our chats are just hello hi kinda discussion..

When you have a strict self acclaimed disciplinarian as a dad, dem no dey tell person..
But I thank God for mom Shaa, I always tell him to his face that he is lucky to have married my kinda mom.

@op.. how about your mom, I hope she isn't anything like your old man..

I can feel you 101 %
Re: Help! My Dad Is Too Stuck-up And Tight-up. by chii8(f): 11:45am On Jul 08, 2020
seankafor:
madam, some parents (father's) in particular are t just the romantic and humorous type..

It's been 3 years I spoke to my dad in phone, even when at house our chats are just hello hi kinda discussion..

When you have a strict self acclaimed disciplinarian as a dad, dem no dey tell person..
But I thank God for mom Shaa, I always tell him to his face that he is lucky to have married my kinda mom.

I can feel you 101 %

Oga,so because your father isn't the humourous and romantic type, you do nurse the feeling to hit him?Ok ooo
Re: Help! My Dad Is Too Stuck-up And Tight-up. by seankafor(m): 11:49am On Jul 08, 2020
chii8:

Oga,so because your father isn't the humourous and romantic type, you do nurse the feeling to hit him?Ok ooo
maybe because you re a lady, maybe you haven't been in his situation or just maybe you haven't been pushed to the extreme.

But still yet, nothing will ever make me hit my old man.. but dude is not just my kinda dad..
Re: Help! My Dad Is Too Stuck-up And Tight-up. by holysaint1(m): 11:50am On Jul 08, 2020
i can fully relate bro

My own dad can nag for africa.

The worst is that he hates anything family meeting. Its only when he has issues that he remembers that he has people he can relate with. Else....

Bro just manage with him ooo..

My dad once told me that no matter what i do, he is still my dad.

So just try to cope with him as best as you can.

1 Like

Re: Help! My Dad Is Too Stuck-up And Tight-up. by chidekings(m): 11:52am On Jul 08, 2020
Spoilt and ill-mannered children's.see their yeye excuses.
Re: Help! My Dad Is Too Stuck-up And Tight-up. by Fidelismaria: 1:12pm On Jul 08, 2020

Beat him up

Re: Help! My Dad Is Too Stuck-up And Tight-up. by Saintmary(f): 1:18pm On Jul 08, 2020
Donhaywhy001:

Leave his house. Go and build your own.
You go dey alright.

1 Like

Re: Help! My Dad Is Too Stuck-up And Tight-up. by UDUJ(m): 1:18pm On Jul 08, 2020
Donhaywhy001:

I'm fed up... Olohun

It seems you have anger issues. You felt like hitting your dad? Never in your life try that.

Try and bear the scolding as long as you remain under his roof.
Re: Help! My Dad Is Too Stuck-up And Tight-up. by Donhaywhy001(m): 3:00pm On Jul 08, 2020
seankafor:

I can feel you 101 %
No, Mom keeps on telling me that, No matter what he's still my Dad.

Abi wetin I wan do....
I don even make up my mind that after resuming back to school am not coming home till further notice.
Re: Help! My Dad Is Too Stuck-up And Tight-up. by Donhaywhy001(m): 3:01pm On Jul 08, 2020
holysaint1:
i can fully relate bro

My own dad can nag for africa.

The worst is that he hates anything family meeting. Its only when he has issues that he remembers that he has people he can relate with. Else....

Bro just manage with him ooo..

My dad once told me that no matter what i do, he is still my dad.

So just try to cope with him as best as you can.

Thanks Bruh
Re: Help! My Dad Is Too Stuck-up And Tight-up. by Nobody: 3:42pm On Jul 08, 2020
Move out.
Re: Help! My Dad Is Too Stuck-up And Tight-up. by seankafor(m): 3:45pm On Jul 08, 2020
Donhaywhy001:

No, Mom keeps on telling me that, No matter what he's still my Dad.

Abi wetin I wan do....
I don even make up my mind that after resuming back to school am not coming home till further notice.
well, we are currently is same shoes reason I reason with you 100%..

See what you gonna do..

He is still your dad and you re still in his house, so far as you re still in his roof, just melow down and dance along because I believe sooner than later you gonna soon be your own man.

Now I know you re still in your 20's just like me too.. do you know that I rarely visit home unless on December periods.. am still in the university thoor.. house is not gonna offer you anything apart from free food.

Now I dont know your level but once you resume school, try as much as possible to hustle on your own.. just make sure you re independent a little so atleast you can stay on your own for long..
Maybe one or 2 occasion you visit home and help in some chores depending on your financial dependency On them..
In my case I rarely call them or even ask them for money.. so in anything you do, just try and hustle so as to be independent.

Staying with your parents and eating mama thank you can psych up your brains especially when with our kinda dad's..

But while at it.. still give him his levels..

All these people saying you should seat him down and talk to him.. I laugh because they don't know what's going on.. at my age now.. if am watching TV in the parlor and my dad steps in, unless it's an interesting football match, I'll just leave the parlour for him..
That strictness and non humorous attitude we were brought up with is still partially in us even in 200 years to come..
I feel you bro...just endure it while it lasts..

3 Likes

Re: Help! My Dad Is Too Stuck-up And Tight-up. by Mariangeles(f): 4:58pm On Jul 08, 2020
donbachi:
grin
Re: Help! My Dad Is Too Stuck-up And Tight-up. by okirewaju(f): 4:58pm On Jul 08, 2020
He will outgrow it especially when you start living alone and you come for visit.

2 Likes

Re: Help! My Dad Is Too Stuck-up And Tight-up. by Mariangeles(f): 4:59pm On Jul 08, 2020
Fidelismaria:

Beat him up

Your own son will beat you up!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Catholic Priest Caught Having Sex On Church Altar With Two Ladies / If Someone Beat Your Wife Like This What Will You Do? / Please How Can I Fix Things In My Family,i'm In A State Of Confusion

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.