Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,369 members, 7,812,084 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:51 AM

7 Dollar Meal In Naija - Food (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / 7 Dollar Meal In Naija (9053 Views)

Afternoon Yam Meal In Atlanta, Ga / 7 Things Not To Do After A Meal / Your First Meal In The New Year (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 7 Dollar Meal In Naija by kabukabu50(m): 1:40am On Feb 04, 2011
Daaaamn cheesy cheesy cheesy

Time for make a killing in Naija by opening a high quality mid level restaurant.$7 for that plate of rubbish?You can't eat $7 worth of KFC by your self.
Re: 7 Dollar Meal In Naija by Fhemmmy: 4:56am On Feb 04, 2011
With a nice restaurant in Nigeria . . . .u cant go wrong.
A Nigeria will steal from mama and papa at home to take a babe out
Re: 7 Dollar Meal In Naija by segunjowo(m): 8:37am On Feb 04, 2011
kabukabu50:

Daaaamn cheesy cheesy cheesy

Time for make a killing in Naija by opening a high quality mid level restaurant.$7 for that plate of rubbish?You can't eat $7 worth of KFC by your self.
True. Time to open a restaurant. randy!
Re: 7 Dollar Meal In Naija by Ikengawo: 8:40am On Feb 04, 2011
In my village a bottle of fanta was one dollar. Every 6 year old could afford fanta. A woman selling mai mai makes no less then 15 to 20 dollars a day. The un is retarded
Re: 7 Dollar Meal In Naija by Intrepid1(m): 9:32am On Feb 04, 2011
Na you go find trouble, Sha stay away from KFC cos 700 bucks can't buy 5 sachets of pure water there!
Re: 7 Dollar Meal In Naija by Calamama: 12:40pm On Feb 04, 2011
but the quality of food is a no match to what u might get in cities.

Incidentally, I doubt that. Processed food are no match for native foods in terms of what is good and healthy and ultimately cost effective. Even if the native food looks poor in quality it is probably better for you. I've heard ignorant people complain, African Food Stinks. The stinkier the healthier (within reason so dont mention rotten foods)

The slogan should be, eat and make do with what you have or "Native good Foreign Bad"
Re: 7 Dollar Meal In Naija by romi: 12:57pm On Feb 04, 2011
As a common Man on the street I eat Rice and beans N70, 1 ponmo, 1 meat and Fish N60 with 1 Satchet Water N5. Is that up to a dollar. A common man in Tunisia cannot afford bread due to the recent increament in price of bread but in Nigeria bread is food for all at least Labourer making N500/day can afford to eat Bread N30 and Beans N40 in mama puts place So mr poster this is mis-information. so 7 dollar meal in naija-LMAO!!!
Re: 7 Dollar Meal In Naija by matiltomd(f): 2:40pm On Feb 04, 2011
dayokanu:

angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry

Na all the bend down enter joint you sabi.

Na you go know where dem dey sell one bite of ponmo, half wrap of akpu and where 3 people can share a plate of Ukwobi

Which kain inlaw you be sef wey dey shame me everywhere?  embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed

Blood of Jesus grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin You're wicked!! cheesy cheesy
Re: 7 Dollar Meal In Naija by ifyalways(f): 3:08pm On Feb 04, 2011
dayokanu:

angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry

Na all the bend down enter joint you sabi.

Na you go know where dem dey sell one bite of ponmo, half wrap of akpu and where 3 people can share a plate of Ukwobi

Which kain inlaw you be sef wey dey shame me everywhere?  embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed

Dayo dayo,Ori eja 1 of Ogbomosho.
If only u know Aka shimmy cheesy
Aka shimmy is where the guv,assembly men,commissioners et all top govt officials in Owerri have their breakfast.
Look,quit wasting time writing 10-paged proposals for that contract,come with me to [i]aka shimmy [/i]and the contract is urs. tongue
Re: 7 Dollar Meal In Naija by dayokanu(m): 5:25pm On Feb 04, 2011
^^^Comot dia jare.

Shimmy ko Shine shine bobo ni.

Why you nor fit dey go KFC why be say na bend down enter joint you dey always sabi
Re: 7 Dollar Meal In Naija by lastpage: 8:04pm On Feb 04, 2011
l am surprised that people dont agree that food is darer in Nigeria than in almost anywhere else in the world!
Except you want to risk eating in a place that you will probably spend the next five weeks treating cholera or Typhoid, even the average Mama-put is not left out.
Knowing our penchant for exploiting ourselves and the absence of "regulation" in anything we do, everyone wants to make a "kill" and food is one commodity that both the rich and the poor (everyone) can not do without!

Recently, on a trip home, l decided to go hang out with some childhood friends and arranged to meet them somewhere in Ebute-Metta (some town in Lagos mainland area). My guys took me to "local Amala joint" that has been around for over 20yrs and l was even shocked that it was still in existence (boy, the place now has nice ceiling fan and a wash hand basin! grin ).
I insisted on being responsible "for all cost" even though they wanted to host me!
The joint sounded or is called something like "Eni 'Afee" (people who are familiar with Adekunle/ Old Yaba Road/Herbert Macaulay axis of 3rd Mainland Bridge might know this joint as it seems popular by the number of people, especially "tie-and-suit" peeps sweating it out there!)

Food was not bad BUT one wrap of Amala, that l would swallow in one or two gobbles cost #50:00!
I dont eat much but l managed eight (cool portions! = #400:00
Some of my friends did same or more. grin
"Normal" beaf meat was #50 (so tiny l can put two in my mouth at once , Ponmo (bow-tie) was #100, Goat meat was #300, Stock Fish (show-boy) was #500! Bottled water was #100/150 based on size.

Point l am making is, on the average, each person ate between #1800 and #2000.

So, $10 - $15 is more like it, for a good local meal. And that is a local Buka in Lagos.
As far back as eight years ago, Mr. Bigs Chicken was #400 dont know how much it is now but l hate the taste and use to avoid it anytime we were served with it, during lunch breaks.
Anyone into "food business" in Nigeria would surely make money. It is tasking and demanding (mostly logistics like preservation, power, sourcing, e.t.c) but the market is more than available.
Cheers.
Re: 7 Dollar Meal In Naija by Abagworo(m): 12:06am On Feb 05, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

Are you sure? 3 quarters of the plate don disappear

tpia@:

i dont know about you, but i see crumbs all over that plate.

To clear all doubts I took one again today.

Re: 7 Dollar Meal In Naija by olaolabiy: 1:22am On Feb 05, 2011
^^^

This u dey call salad. Kuku call am cream. Fruits and veg still dey foreign for naija.

Well, una get fibre and complex carbo. Not bad.

Chei!
Re: 7 Dollar Meal In Naija by Bobajo(m): 3:04am On Feb 05, 2011
patorini:

Chappy, have you done fresh fish pepper soup at dat local spot on Moscow road, Omo you will empty your pocket!!!!

generally everything in portharcourt in unnecessarily expensive. from transportation to clothes, food, beer, sometimes[i] women, [/i]

Probably the only thing not expensive in Port Harcourt. grin grin
Re: 7 Dollar Meal In Naija by Bobajo(m): 3:28am On Feb 05, 2011
lastpage:

l am surprised that people dont agree that food is darer in Nigeria than in almost anywhere else in the world!
Except you want to risk eating in a place that you will probably spend the next five weeks treating cholera or Typhoid, even the average Mama-put is not left out.
Knowing our penchant for exploiting ourselves and the absence of "regulation" in anything we do, everyone wants to make a "kill" and food is one commodity that both the rich and the poor (everyone) can not do without!

Recently, on a trip home, l decided to go hang out with some childhood friends and arranged to meet them somewhere in Ebute-Metta (some town in Lagos mainland area). My guys took me to "local Amala joint" that has been around for over 20yrs and l was even shocked that it was still in existence (boy, the place now has nice ceiling fan and a wash hand basin! grin ).
I insisted on being responsible "for all cost" even though they wanted to host me!
The joint sounded or is called something like "Eni 'Afee" (people who are familiar with Adekunle/ Old Yaba Road/Herbert Macaulay axis of 3rd Mainland Bridge might know this joint as it seems popular by the number of people, especially "tie-and-suit" peeps sweating it out there!)

Food was not bad BUT one wrap of Amala, that l would swallow in one or two gobbles cost #50:00!
I dont eat much but l managed eight (cool portions! = #400:00
Some of my friends did same or more. grin
[b]"Normal" beaf meat was #50 (so tiny l can put two in my mouth at once , Ponmo (bow-tie) was #100, Goat meat was #300, Stock Fish (show-boy) was #500! Bottled water was #100/150 based on size.

Point l am making is, on the average, each person ate between #1800 and #2000.
[/b]
So, $10 - $15 is more like it, for a good local meal. And that is a local Buka in Lagos.
As far back as eight years ago, Mr. Bigs Chicken was #400 dont know how much it is now but l hate the taste and use to avoid it anytime we were served with it, during lunch breaks.
Anyone into "food business" in Nigeria would surely make money. It is tasking and demanding (mostly logistics like preservation, power, sourcing, e.t.c) but the market is more than available.
Cheers.

Na you and your friends dem suppose call 'alajeranju' (eat till eye pop from its socket). N2000 in a mama put? wetin? At my dependable iya alamala joint on Chevron Drive, Lekki, 3 wraps of amala is N150 - 50 per wrap. Ogufe (goat meat is N200 per piece). And you don dey chop like tif if you chop 2 finish. 500 ml Eva bottled water is N80. Total is N630. You can decide to add ponmo and assorted like 4 pieces at N50 each totalling N200. Grand Total will be N830. That's $5.93 at current exchange rate of N140/$1.

E be like say your friends just declare awoof because dem wan follow you chop overseas money. Next time you come to Naija, adopt me as your new friend, i swear i no go chop pass as stated above grin grin grin
Re: 7 Dollar Meal In Naija by Nobody: 3:38am On Feb 05, 2011
abagworo

did you order the combo or you got the individual items separately.

if you did, the cost would be higher.

also, why is there no rice at all on your plate. That's strange.

check the menu:

http://www.chicken-republic.com/food/meals-combos/
Re: 7 Dollar Meal In Naija by dayokanu(m): 3:55am On Feb 05, 2011
Bobajo:

Na you and your friends dem suppose call 'alajeranju' (eat till eye pop from its socket). N2000 in a mama put? wetin? At my dependable iya alamala joint on Chevron Drive, Lekki, 3 wraps of amala is N150 - 50 per wrap. Ogufe (goat meat is N200 per piece). And you don dey chop like tif if you chop 2 finish. 500 ml Eva bottled water is N80. Total is N630. You can decide to add ponmo and assorted like 4 pieces at N50 each totalling N200. Grand Total will be N830. That's $5.93 at current exchange rate of N140/$1.

E be like say your friends just declare awoof because dem wan follow you chop overseas money. Next time you come to Naija, adopt me as your new friend, i swear i no go chop pass as stated above grin grin grin

Chevron drive is even a highbrow area. That same thing if you go Dopemu or Alagbado you would spend about 300-400 for the same thing which is like $2.50 max
Re: 7 Dollar Meal In Naija by ifyalways(f): 11:26am On Feb 05, 2011
dayokanu:

Chevron drive is even a highbrow area. That same thing if you go Dopemu or Alagbado you would spend about 300-400 for the same thing which is like $2.50 max
Enu jagajaga,wetin u dey find go dopemu?
You sabi "Raypower" for akowonjo/Egbeda road,close to Legacy High School.
lolz,I miss sec. school days.
Re: 7 Dollar Meal In Naija by dayokanu(m): 3:01pm On Feb 05, 2011
ifyalways:

Enu jagajaga,wetin u dey find go dopemu?
You sabi "Raypower" for akowonjo/Egbeda road,close to Legacy High School.
lolz,I miss sec. school days.

You sabi Raypower? abi you be one of the girls wey dey help dem cook for there?

Na my area gangan be dat. Did you go to legacy? Maybe you be one of those legacy students I don follow play before sef.

E get one snooker joint beside Legacy. Q-tip, Name-pocket, and some shayo joints Nions, Ayodelic recently Aprofyne wey don enter that side
Re: 7 Dollar Meal In Naija by ifyalways(f): 3:10pm On Feb 05, 2011
^So u be Agbero Akowonjo  cheesy
I know most of those places,went to Legacy,'05.
You washed dishes at Raypower?I dine at Chiquita  tongue
Dayo there is another woman with correct amala plus egunfe opposite Legacy.Hers however then was on the high side and our poor broke stud. a55 could barely afford that.Lolz Raypower was our best friend.
Re: 7 Dollar Meal In Naija by dayokanu(m): 3:32pm On Feb 05, 2011
Did you live around Akowonjo or what? I lived around there. On Church street beside one big Redeemed Church.

I know that Raypower, I have been going there since 1999 or 2000.

Q-tip and name-pocket used to be filled with bad boys around 95-99. Police from Afonka used to come raid Confra boys there

Chiquita should have folded up, Last time I saw it has been turned to a church. I dont care much about the eatery, I visit the beer parlours more
Re: 7 Dollar Meal In Naija by Afam4eva(m): 6:17am On Apr 09, 2012
dayokanu: Did you live around Akowonjo or what? I lived around there. On Church street beside one big Redeemed Church.

I know that Raypower, I have been going there since 1999 or 2000.

Q-tip and name-pocket used to be filled with bad boys around 95-99. Police from Afonka used to come raid Confra boys there

Chiquita should have folded up, Last time I saw it has been turned to a church. I dont care much about the eatery, I visit the beer parlours more

So, you lived around that area. is RayPower not that join where students from Legacy High School go to eat? I remember Chiquita was a hot cake then. It used to be filled to the brim but now they've closed shop.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

UN Congratulates Nigeria On Meeting Hunger Eradication Target / Snail Recipe / Whats The Name Of This Fruit ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.