Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,210 members, 7,815,225 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:19 AM

My Peugeot 406 V6 Conversion Project To Performance Brakes - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / My Peugeot 406 V6 Conversion Project To Performance Brakes (4672 Views)

Converted My Peugeot 407 Coupé V6 From Auto To Stick-shift / My Peugeot 505 V6 New XN1A Engine Conversion Project / Five Simple Things To Do When You Lose Your Brakes While Driving (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Peugeot 406 V6 Conversion Project To Performance Brakes by Ikenna351(m): 7:37pm On Jul 09, 2020
*SUCCESSFUL COMPLETION OF MY D9 V6 STICK-SHIFT CONVERSION PROJECT TO PERFORMANCE BRAKING SYSTEM.*

I started this project on 04/01/2020 and successfully concluded it today, 09/07/2020. I sourced the parts/components used in this conversion from UK and here in Nigeria. The lion had a good braking system from factory but didn't match my driving style (aggressive driving). This conversion has made the braking system a match not only to my driving style, but to power the engine possesses when geared aggressively with the Stick-Shift box.

Even with the pandemic that started early in the year 2020 and still going on, giving some people opportunity to eat & knock themselves out on negativity, both online & offline, I remained focus on my personal
positive projects I had going on which were within my power and control over on to do and have now successfully concluded 2, remaining 1. Every moment I find myself breathing is always an indication to me that I still have unfinished an business or businesses to experience in this physical life.

I am becoming madly in love with my Lions & Monk life.

Ikenna351, Lion King - Monk.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bJBwVY-t2l0

3 Likes

Re: My Peugeot 406 V6 Conversion Project To Performance Brakes by Ikenna351(m): 7:38pm On Jul 09, 2020
Th

Re: My Peugeot 406 V6 Conversion Project To Performance Brakes by Nbote(m): 7:45pm On Jul 09, 2020
Bros ehn, more grease to ur joints

2 Likes

Re: My Peugeot 406 V6 Conversion Project To Performance Brakes by Ikenna351(m): 7:45pm On Jul 09, 2020
Gh

Re: My Peugeot 406 V6 Conversion Project To Performance Brakes by uboma(m): 5:52am On Jul 10, 2020
Congratulations!
Re: My Peugeot 406 V6 Conversion Project To Performance Brakes by Ogbuu101: 7:02am On Jul 10, 2020
One thing you can't take away from Ikenna is his passion for the lion brand.
You are doing well.

4 Likes

Re: My Peugeot 406 V6 Conversion Project To Performance Brakes by Ikenna351(m): 8:13pm On Sep 05, 2020
E

Re: My Peugeot 406 V6 Conversion Project To Performance Brakes by Ikenna351(m): 10:01am On Sep 11, 2020
Very Fun & Dependable. One of the best things in my life & my best life choices.

4 Likes

Re: My Peugeot 406 V6 Conversion Project To Performance Brakes by Ikenna351(m): 6:01am On Sep 12, 2020
The unforgettable road trips & Adventures with this Lion.

5 Likes

Re: My Peugeot 406 V6 Conversion Project To Performance Brakes by Ikenna351(m): 11:04pm On Sep 12, 2020
Proud Nigerian Fox Users.

5 Likes

Re: My Peugeot 406 V6 Conversion Project To Performance Brakes by Ikenna351(m): 9:21am On Sep 13, 2020
A Fun Car.

So much fun to drive on highway on high-speed and long journeys. I am madly in love with this Lion.

2 Likes

Re: My Peugeot 406 V6 Conversion Project To Performance Brakes by Ikenna351(m): 1:10pm On Sep 15, 2020
STS

3 Likes

Re: My Peugeot 406 V6 Conversion Project To Performance Brakes by Ikenna351(m): 4:45pm On Sep 22, 2020
Gj

2 Likes

Re: My Peugeot 406 V6 Conversion Project To Performance Brakes by Ikenna351(m): 1:11pm On Oct 05, 2020
AC

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Peugeot 406 V6 Conversion Project To Performance Brakes by alphaNomega: 1:20pm On Oct 05, 2020
Waste of performance brakes. This car would hardly hit 210kmph. Save it for a car that actually needs it

4 Likes

Re: My Peugeot 406 V6 Conversion Project To Performance Brakes by NobleEngineer(m): 2:31pm On Oct 05, 2020
alphaNomega:
Waste of performance brakes. This car would hardly hit 210kmph. Save it for a car that actually needs it

lol, it's a 3.0L V6 engine.... if ikenna revs that engine well, he will hit that speed at the end of the 4th gear. I've seen it on YouTube.

1 Like

Re: My Peugeot 406 V6 Conversion Project To Performance Brakes by alphaNomega: 3:13pm On Oct 05, 2020
NobleEngineer:

lol, it's a 3.0L V6 engine.... if ikenna revs that engine well, he will hit that speed at the end of the 4th gear. I've seen it on YouTube.
Cars that need performance brakes exceed 210kmph without "revving their engines well".

4 Likes

Re: My Peugeot 406 V6 Conversion Project To Performance Brakes by BamBamK: 3:21pm On Oct 05, 2020
all these unnecessary advise way una dey like dish out for here sef

u follow help am buy the car or the brakes?? person do something way go make am happy, instead of make u follow am rejoice, u dey bad mouth him decision....

nawa oo.... how witchcraft take different from this na

alphaNomega:

11 Likes

Re: My Peugeot 406 V6 Conversion Project To Performance Brakes by alphaNomega: 3:29pm On Oct 05, 2020
BamBamK:

u follow help am buy the car or the brakes?? person do something way go make am happy, instead of make u follow am rejoice, u dey bad mouth him decision....

So if someone installs performance brakes on a keke napep I should be excited?

4 Likes

Re: My Peugeot 406 V6 Conversion Project To Performance Brakes by NobleEngineer(m): 4:19pm On Oct 05, 2020
alphaNomega:
Your keke will have better braking distance.... upgrading to performance brakes is not a bad idea.

11 Likes

Re: My Peugeot 406 V6 Conversion Project To Performance Brakes by BamBamK: 4:34pm On Oct 05, 2020
Basically, that is his choice... it was not done with the intention of exciting you

alphaNomega:

10 Likes

Re: My Peugeot 406 V6 Conversion Project To Performance Brakes by Thefarmer3: 5:16am On Oct 06, 2020
alphaNomega:

Exactly sir, be excited for him.

Or is it your keke?... grin grin

8 Likes

Re: My Peugeot 406 V6 Conversion Project To Performance Brakes by HeavenlyBang(m): 8:50am On Oct 06, 2020
Bigger rotors or whatever do not affect braking distance at all.

Your tyres are what matter for braking distance. And, of course, the car's mass.

All performance brakes will do is ensure that the brake doesn't fade easily under usage--which is mostly relevant for cars that are tracked. But for making sure you brake effectively, there's no influence at all.

Waste of money. Not my money, though, so who cares? grin

3 Likes

Re: My Peugeot 406 V6 Conversion Project To Performance Brakes by proclinician: 9:17am On Oct 06, 2020
alphaNomega:

Just imagine. Someone used his money to buy keke, then used his own money again to buy performance breaks and put on the keke and one mumu somewhere is not happy about that.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Peugeot 406 V6 Conversion Project To Performance Brakes by alphaNomega: 12:28pm On Oct 06, 2020
proclinician:

Just imagine. Someone used his money to buy keke, then used his own money again to buy performance breaks and put on the keke and one mumu somewhere is not happy about that.
I think you should ask BamK why someone should rejoice over waste of money

BamBamK:

Re: My Peugeot 406 V6 Conversion Project To Performance Brakes by alphaNomega: 12:29pm On Oct 06, 2020
BamBamK:
Basically, that is his choice... it was not done with the intention of exciting you

so why did you suggest I rejoice?

BamBamK:

Re: My Peugeot 406 V6 Conversion Project To Performance Brakes by BamBamK: 1:27pm On Oct 06, 2020
alphaNomega:
I think you should ask BamK why someone should rejoice over waste of money

Boss, if you do not subscribe to his school of thought, rather than shoot him, why not turn a blind eye to it?

1 Like

Re: My Peugeot 406 V6 Conversion Project To Performance Brakes by udomma1005(m): 5:24pm On Oct 06, 2020
alphaNomega:
Is it ur Keke?

1 Like

Re: My Peugeot 406 V6 Conversion Project To Performance Brakes by Ikenna351(m): 11:09am On Oct 07, 2020
SV

1 Like

Re: My Peugeot 406 V6 Conversion Project To Performance Brakes by Ikenna351(m): 3:03pm On Oct 08, 2020
The POV Review & Fun Drive

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4lP36je8Rnc

Lion King - Monk.

1 Like

Re: My Peugeot 406 V6 Conversion Project To Performance Brakes by Ikenna351(m): 9:58pm On Oct 15, 2020
Some days ago, I was busy under the bonnet doing some maintenance repairs in this my Lion and a man walked towards me and started saying to me how sweet and fun driving Peugeot 406 can be and ended it saying they are killed by high cost of maintenance because of their unreliability and their parts keep breaking down all the time . I raised my face, opened my mouth to speak but no sound came out. I held it open for some seconds, shut it and faced back what I was doing under the bonnet. He went on again with his blabbing on the "unreliability and high cost of maintaining a 406" while I kept my face down under the bonnet without uttering a word. It was obvious he wanted me to argue with him, defend, disagree or agree with his claims. He suddenly shut it and walked away when he became uncomfortable at my silence, I supposed.

I finished what I was doing, cranked and the Lion came alive, roaring (I love the throaty loud exhaust note on mine). Took the car for a spirited drive and minutes into it, my 32 were all out. Got back home, wanted to switch off engine and changed my mind. Left the engine running, opened the door, stood by the door with my right foot on Accelerator pedal. Pressed the pedal down till rpm hit close to 7,000 and left it there, while I watched the tail of the car. No smoke of any color was seen from the car tail, as the 20 years old Engine continue to sing in it's melodious high tone.

The over 200,000 km 20 years old car with:

- Same Steering Rack.

- Same Steering Pump.

- Same front suspension wishbone.

- Same Head gaskets.

- Same Intake & Exhaust Valves.

- Same Cylinder heads.

- Same Camshafts.

- Same VTC Sprockets.

- Same Fuel Injectors.

- Same FPRs.

- Same VVT Solenoids.

- Same Cylinder Reference Sensors.

- Same CKP sensor.

- Same TPS

- Same Detonation Sensors.

- Same Pistons & Rings.

- Same Crankshaft.

- Same Conrods.

- Same Engine Bearings.

- Same Engine Oil Pump.

- Same Engine Block.

- Same Oil Pan.

- Same Complete Engine, running on lighter Synthetic Oil with no Oil consumption (infact).

- Same Wheel Hubs and Bearings.

- Same Clutches.

- Same Gearbox.

- Same Gearbox Cables.

- Same Shock Absorber Mountings.

- Same Rear Brake Discs & Calipers.

- Same Brake Master Cylinder.

- Same Brake Booster.

- Same Intake Manifolds.

- Same Exhaust Manifolds.

- Same Pre-Catalytic Converters.

- Etc .

He was right. Peugeot 406 are truly unreliable pieces of nightmares with high costs of maintenance because of constant failure of parts.

Flee for your life!

Lion King - Monk.

3 Likes

Re: My Peugeot 406 V6 Conversion Project To Performance Brakes by Ikenna351(m): 9:02am On Oct 24, 2020
Covered 2,348 km on 70 liters.

Lion King - Monk.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Mini Cooper Forum / Nissan Delegation Discusses Vibrant Auto Market, Affordable Vehicles / Nissan Murano And Toyota Matrix Which Is Better

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.