Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,351 members, 7,815,717 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:06 PM

Abdulsalami: EFCC Went To My Guest House In Error - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Abdulsalami: EFCC Went To My Guest House In Error (39504 Views)

ISWAP Snipers Kill Ba’ana Okocha, Others In Error / Obasanjo, Atiku, Gowon, Saraki, Dogara, Abdulsalami At Jonathan’s Book Launch / Rotimi Amaechi And Abdulsalami Abubakar Laughing And Playing (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Abdulsalami: EFCC Went To My Guest House In Error by deji17: 4:56am On Jul 10, 2020
Abdulsalami: EFCC went to my guest house in error

Abdulsalami Abubakar, former head of state, says operatives of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) went to his guest house in error in 2017 but did not conduct any search of the property.

In a press statement issued on Thursday evening in reaction to media reports that Ibrahim Magu, the acting chairman of the EFCC, recently conducted a search in his Minna residence, the retired general said his house has never been searched by the agency or any other security outfit.

The statement was signed by his military assistant, J Mfon, a retired army captain.

He said: “The attention of His Excellency General A A A Abubakar has been drawn to reports that the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) searched his house in Minna, Niger State, on the orders of its Acting Chairman, CP Ibrahim Magu, and HE feels the need to put the record straight: HIS HOUSE HAS NEVER BEEN SEARCHED BY EITHER EFCC OR ANY SECURITY AGENCY.

“However, sometime in 2017 operatives of the Commission from Kano zone came to Minna to search a house in Tunga. The team ended up at His Excellency’s Guest House in Minna and told the security officers on duty that they had instructions from their zonal head to search the property.

“The officers said since the numbering of houses in Tunga was haphazard, it must be a case of mistaken identity. When CP Magu was contacted, he said he was not aware of the operation. Thereafter, the EFCC team from Kano left. His Excellency’s understanding is that they realised they came to the wrong address. However, no search was conducted in the guest house.

“His Excellency as a rule does not comment on media publications directed at or concerning him. He has taken this step in view of the reactions these reports are generating. His Excellency felt the need to provide this important clarification due to the ongoing media frenzy insinuating His Excellency’s role in Magu’s issue.”

When TheCable contacted Olusegun Adeniyi, chairman of THISDAY editorial board who broke the news in his weekly column on Thursday, he said his anecdotes had been misinterpreted by some readers to mean Abubakar and Theophilus Danjuma, former minister of defence, had anything to do with the travails of Magu, who has been suspended as EFCC chairman and is currently under detention.

Adeniyi said: “Yes, General Abdulsalami called me to explain that he had no problem with Magu and that the house in question was a guest house and it was by mistake. Mrs Daisy Danjuma also called me earlier in the day. She confirmed they recently purchased a plane to replace the old one but there was no EFCC problem with the Cheque which she said she signed. She said her husband did not complain about Magu.

“I think the problem is that some readers are interpreting my anecdote to mean that both Danjuma and Abdulsalami had anything to do with the travails of Magu. I made no such claim in my piece.”

In his article, Adeniyi had written: “Former Defence Minister, Lt General Theophilus Yakubu Danjuma (rtd) was recently at the villa to see President Muhammadu Buhari. It was a visit borne out of rage. A billionaire oil tycoon, Danjuma had paid for the purchase of an aircraft. His cheque bounced! The order to withhold payment, he was told by his banker, came from Magu!

“From what I gathered, it took some time before the president could convince Danjuma that he knew nothing about what was clearly power mongering by a reckless public official.”

Magu is facing a presidential panel over his stewardship at the anti-graft agency.

https://www.thecable.ng/abdulsalami-efcc-came-to-my-guest-house-in-error

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Abdulsalami: EFCC Went To My Guest House In Error by Nobody: 5:04am On Jul 10, 2020
No sir. The error was in not putting you in jail.

89 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Abdulsalami: EFCC Went To My Guest House In Error by nairavsdollars(f): 5:04am On Jul 10, 2020
Segun Adeniyi denying what he wrote again... these people sef

115 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Abdulsalami: EFCC Went To My Guest House In Error by nairavsdollars(f): 5:10am On Jul 10, 2020

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Abdulsalami: EFCC Went To My Guest House In Error by FeliciaOja(f): 5:15am On Jul 10, 2020
Ok
Re: Abdulsalami: EFCC Went To My Guest House In Error by Mrkcee(m): 5:16am On Jul 10, 2020
In error?.. Lol

The full gist will soon be out! shocked

3 Likes

Re: Abdulsalami: EFCC Went To My Guest House In Error by Nobody: 5:16am On Jul 10, 2020
Error ke.. Magu the Fall guy

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Abdulsalami: EFCC Went To My Guest House In Error by benswagtt(m): 5:17am On Jul 10, 2020
Ok
Re: Abdulsalami: EFCC Went To My Guest House In Error by IamPatriotic(m): 5:18am On Jul 10, 2020
See sacred cows everywhere. How will EFCC be successful in the "fight" against corruption, when so many of these people are untouchable? EFCC should be scrapped, so that we can stop living in denial. Nigerian politicians are too corrupt!

92 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Abdulsalami: EFCC Went To My Guest House In Error by Luckysbab: 5:18am On Jul 10, 2020
Imagine yourself a foreigner and reading all these things, will you ever take Nigeria serious?

Let's be honest with ourselves please. Too much drama.

58 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Abdulsalami: EFCC Went To My Guest House In Error by 3rdavefarms(m): 5:19am On Jul 10, 2020
Error
Re: Abdulsalami: EFCC Went To My Guest House In Error by radna2: 5:21am On Jul 10, 2020
Nice beard old man.

1 Like

Re: Abdulsalami: EFCC Went To My Guest House In Error by Lincoln275(m): 5:21am On Jul 10, 2020
Hmmm, This life
Re: Abdulsalami: EFCC Went To My Guest House In Error by othermen: 5:25am On Jul 10, 2020
Abubakar and Theophilus are two very intelligent Nigerian's. They understand actually, that the optics of the report by Adeniyi is damaging to their credentials.

Though powerful and influential and not saints either, they understand that with the report, they will be considered as the Crucifier of anti corruption in Nigeria. They see Adeniyi's report as an accusation on their integrity... and that is why they're quick to deny or to clarify. However, they fall short.

Now we know of Abubakar Guest Villa in Minna, we never knew and may never know the thousands scattered all over the country, and we also know of Danjuma having perhaps if not more private jets, the capacity to have then than some countries.

Danjuma and Abubakar and Ganduje and the Bullion Van masters are the untouchables, Not Jonathan and his family, a very corrupt one too actually, thanks to Magu selective anti corruption campaign. But I think selectively fighting corruption is better than nothing at all, at least, it keeps some people on their feet and keep them responsible and not so reckless. Kyari died from the effect of corruption and so did Ajimobi and hundreds of thousands of Nigerians with little or no access to healthcare and bad roads, claiming lives. So I am not sorry if we disagree on Jonathan. And I am not glad either that now, that which Buhari is known for is dishonored and rubbished by recent events especially the tragedy of Magu.

The EFCC/DSS more than ever before is seen as the machinery of the occupants of Aso Rock to harass those who disagree with the administration. Abubakar hasn't, Danjuma hasn't... That is the error or the undoing of Magu. Barking at this people, hawking over their roofs. He should have continued harassing the former first Lady and the unrepentant oppositions only...biting them at every turn, distracting them so much, they have to have headaches hiding the funds they looted -but never truly fight corruption.
And undertaking such an assignment is actually the first corruption of Magu. The administration has corrupted EFCC and the leader is now the sacrificial lamb, for knocking the doors of A Danjuma and Abubakar.

But I am not understanding other things though. EFCC or DSS should help investigate this journalist. Segun Adeniyi is a former presidential spokesperson, he is no longer, but his penchant for clueless denial still follows him everywhere like a shadow, no delivery whatsoever. And will be with Garba Shehu and Femi Adesina too. The capacity to first take advantage of flimsy or reliable sources, then deny and twist, and accuse the rest of Nigeria of illiteracy by using such words as anecdote is overwhelmingly irresponsible. Now we look to Kemi Olunloyo and Fisayo Soyombo for reliable news.

64 Likes 1 Share

Re: Abdulsalami: EFCC Went To My Guest House In Error by Nbote(m): 5:26am On Jul 10, 2020
Jus imagine... These men are d real canals and cartels running dis country.. See as person find President go simply becos cheque bounce..

12 Likes

Re: Abdulsalami: EFCC Went To My Guest House In Error by EmmyDJourno: 5:26am On Jul 10, 2020
Small siren for area, just See as guilty men body don dey shake shocked

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Abdulsalami: EFCC Went To My Guest House In Error by StagethemTVee: 5:27am On Jul 10, 2020
This man that was used to calm GEJ out of power

4 Likes

Re: Abdulsalami: EFCC Went To My Guest House In Error by StillWiz: 5:30am On Jul 10, 2020
Covid-19 will be the judge very soon
Just be patient and wait for it grin

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Abdulsalami: EFCC Went To My Guest House In Error by MrImole: 5:31am On Jul 10, 2020
In error Mr head of state?
Re: Abdulsalami: EFCC Went To My Guest House In Error by KosiGee(m): 5:33am On Jul 10, 2020
nairavsdollars:
Segun Adeniyi denying what he wrote again... these people sef

‘Wise’ men exist in Nigeria. These group of people keep the order and also are responsible for upsetting that order and whatever tranquility that is present to either make one or two statements or to distract the gullible populace from any trending issue capable of embarrassing their members and the structure that they created.

Name it, there hands are heavily soiled and dipped in every evil and afflictions stunting Nigeria...boko haram, banditry, elections and politics, oil blocks, importations, real estates especially in Abuja, which region gets what etc

Imagine the explanation. Houses in Tunga were numbered haphazardly!! I bet they were built and arranged haphazardly as well...but the EFCC or ‘Magu boy’s’ GPS device despite such disorganisation took them exactly to the guest house belonging to Abdulsalami Abubakar!...If there weren’t meant to be at Abubakar’s guest house, where were they meant to be?

There should be some good movie about power plays in Nigeria. I’m just imagining how scared Magu might’ve felt after he picked the silver bearded man’s call asking him to tell his puppies to leave his premises or...

I don’t want to comment on TY. These men are gods. Anyone thinking Nigeria will get better with them around is just delusional...sadly, when they are gone, another set of Capos will take their places.

33 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Abdulsalami: EFCC Went To My Guest House In Error by jericco1(m): 5:34am On Jul 10, 2020
grin

1 Like

Re: Abdulsalami: EFCC Went To My Guest House In Error by Tapout(m): 5:34am On Jul 10, 2020
lol..I'm here imagining what his own house looks like if his guest house was mistaken for his house.

5 Likes

Re: Abdulsalami: EFCC Went To My Guest House In Error by dude(m): 5:36am On Jul 10, 2020
Adeniyi made bold claims. And now denying what he clearly insinuated Haaaaaaba

7 Likes

Re: Abdulsalami: EFCC Went To My Guest House In Error by realstars: 5:40am On Jul 10, 2020
Sue Them
Re: Abdulsalami: EFCC Went To My Guest House In Error by frog12: 5:42am On Jul 10, 2020
these people dey turn around and cover their involvement.

1 Like

Re: Abdulsalami: EFCC Went To My Guest House In Error by Franktom247(m): 5:46am On Jul 10, 2020
Its only in nigeria a politician will have a house and guest house weytin be the difference my people
Re: Abdulsalami: EFCC Went To My Guest House In Error by Bellotelli: 5:47am On Jul 10, 2020
IamPatriotic:
See sacred cows every. How will EFCC bẹ successful in the "fight" against corruption, when so many of these people are untouchable? EFCC should be scrapped, Nigerian politicians are too corrupt!
That is just the simple fact. Some people in this country are untouchable, They feel they own Nigeria. angry

10 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Obiano Participates In "Operation Keep Anambra Clean" Exercise (Pics) / Prince Odi Okojie Receives 400 Decampees In Edo (Photos) / Raymond Dokpesi Arrested In Abuja On Arrival From Foreign Medical Treatment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.