Stats: 3,153,511 members, 7,819,845 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:52 AM

Ganiyu Akanbi Bello's Posthumous 90th Birthday Is Today - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ganiyu Akanbi Bello's Posthumous 90th Birthday Is Today (10096 Views)

Photos From Osinbajo's Mum 90th Birthday Thanksgiving Church Service / Sadiat Erogbogbo's 90th Birthday Zoom Party: Abike Dabiri's Mum Marks Birthday / Ajimobi And Yinka Ayefele Meet At Olubadan's 90th Birthday (2) (3) (4)

Ganiyu Akanbi Bello's Posthumous 90th Birthday Is Today by lalasticlala(m): 8:47am On Jul 10, 2020
Ganiyu Akanbi Bello Turns 90 Today

Alhaji Ganiyu Akanbi Bello (10 July 1930 – 5 June 2014) was a prominent Yoruba community leader and business tycoon.

Dr. Alhaji G A Bello, a Yoruba community ambassador in Kano, was the chairman and chief executive of Criss Cross Ltd. He was popularly known as G A Bello.

Bello was born in Oyo State, Nigeria on 10 July 1930 to Abdullahi Yusuf and Sinota Bello, the second of three children. Both parents died while he was a child and he was sent to live with his uncle who refused to send him to school. He left his uncle and started cutting wood in order to fund his school fees.

Bello married Sakirat Ayoka Ogabi in approximately 1959. Their first child named Tawakalitu Bello Sanusi, was followed by Moriliatu Bisola Bello Sanusi, Basira Biodun Bello Oyefeso, and a son Nurudeen Bello. Between 1966 and 1967, during the Nigerian Civil War, known as the Biafran War, Bello sent his wife and children to Lagos while he remained in Kano. His family returned shortly after to join him, and they had their fifth child, Shamsideen Bello. His sixth child, Fausat Bello, was born around 1970 but died of measles as an infant. They were married until his death in 2014. In 2015, she has since been in a political asylum after the emergence of Mohamadu Buhari as the next president.

In 1950, Bello joined the Nigerian Police under British colonial rule. During the time he was a police officer, his closest friend was Alhaji Ado Bayero, the Chief of the Nigerian Police Force who was later appointed Emir of Kano in 1963. He resigned around 1958 and founded a company which dealt in Building and Civil Engineering.

His company was the first to build a multi-storey building in Kano on Odutola Street which was a residential estate. He later bought his first private residence along Abedee Street Sabon Gari, Kano. He opened the first filling station in Kano in 1968 and behind it he opened a club known as the Criss Cross Club which sold drinks, chicken, and pepper soup. His company built its first hotel, the Criss Cross Hotel, in 1971. His second hotel, known as Gab Hotel, and was built in 1980.

His two eldest daughters, Tawakalitu and Moriliatu, married on the same day in 1988. Tawa married Dr Lukman Sanusi while Morili married Retired Colonel Olawale Sanusi. In 1989, his youngest daughter, Basira, married Sakiru Olanipekun Oyefeso, the founder and managing director of Standard Trust Assurance Company. His eldest son, Nuru, married Salawat Titilope.

From 1990 to 2000, G A Bello was the Vice-Chairman of the Independent Petroleum Association (IPMAN) in the Kano Nigerian National Petroleum Cooperation (NNPC).

Death
Bello was murdered a month before his 84th birthday on 5 June 2014 by unknown assailants in Kano. He was buried in his residence at Race Course Road. The deputy Governor of Kano State, Dr Abdullahi Umar Ganduje, paid a condolence visit to Bello's grave on 12 June 2014.

Abubakar Abdurrahman Sadiq was caught by Nigerian police in August 2014 and confessed to the murder. Sadiq had broken into Bello's house to steal money and stabbed him when Bello tried to stop him. Sadiq had previously worked in one of Bello's hotels, but was let go for stealing.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ganiyu_Akanbi_Bello

Re: Ganiyu Akanbi Bello's Posthumous 90th Birthday Is Today by IamWonderful: 8:52am On Jul 10, 2020
Happy birthday
Re: Ganiyu Akanbi Bello's Posthumous 90th Birthday Is Today by agwom(m): 8:53am On Jul 10, 2020
Happy birthday sir....Mal. Bello story show that there's hope for some of us! Rest in peace Sir

Re: Ganiyu Akanbi Bello's Posthumous 90th Birthday Is Today by Roon9(m): 9:06am On Jul 10, 2020
I find it weird saying "Happy Posthumous".

Someone is still saying " Age with grace"? Nlers no go fit kee me.

call for our 444Wh lithium-ion solar generator that could power your TV, laptop, standing fan and up to 4 lighting points for up to 13 hours daily

Re: Ganiyu Akanbi Bello's Posthumous 90th Birthday Is Today by jenygb: 9:07am On Jul 10, 2020
Happy birthday
Re: Ganiyu Akanbi Bello's Posthumous 90th Birthday Is Today by ForeThinker: 9:07am On Jul 10, 2020
Issorite

Re: Ganiyu Akanbi Bello's Posthumous 90th Birthday Is Today by money121(m): 9:08am On Jul 10, 2020
Re: Ganiyu Akanbi Bello's Posthumous 90th Birthday Is Today by GOFRONT(m): 9:09am On Jul 10, 2020
We wish u many more years
Re: Ganiyu Akanbi Bello's Posthumous 90th Birthday Is Today by ThatFairGuy1: 9:10am On Jul 10, 2020
Sponsored birthday wish.
Re: Ganiyu Akanbi Bello's Posthumous 90th Birthday Is Today by Nigerianleleyi0: 9:10am On Jul 10, 2020
Happy birthday posthumously to Ganiyu Akanbi Bello.

Only God knows the things he would have contributed to in this country if he was alive to this day

Continue resting in the bosom Sir.

Re: Ganiyu Akanbi Bello's Posthumous 90th Birthday Is Today by Sexabo7029: 9:10am On Jul 10, 2020
Good morning
Re: Ganiyu Akanbi Bello's Posthumous 90th Birthday Is Today by ThatFairGuy1: 9:11am On Jul 10, 2020
GOFRONT:
We wish u many more years
Wish who more years? What does POSTHUMOUS means to you please Nwamaikpe sympathizer

kinect:
Happy Birthday to you Sir, Age wth grace
Age with what?

Re: Ganiyu Akanbi Bello's Posthumous 90th Birthday Is Today by babytoun: 9:12am On Jul 10, 2020
Roon9:

Someone is still saying " Age with grace"? Nlers no go fit kee me

very weird..

and it made front page..hmm
Re: Ganiyu Akanbi Bello's Posthumous 90th Birthday Is Today by paulolee(m): 9:12am On Jul 10, 2020
hba sir...wish u long life and more years ahead
mk i storm him tweeter account or i.g account if him fit send giveaway from the land of the dead like abacha..
Re: Ganiyu Akanbi Bello's Posthumous 90th Birthday Is Today by ThatFairGuy1: 9:14am On Jul 10, 2020
paulolee:
hba sir...long live and more years ahead
mk i storm him tweeter account or i.g account if him fit send giveaway from the land of the dead like abacha..
Again?

Re: Ganiyu Akanbi Bello's Posthumous 90th Birthday Is Today by Sammy07: 9:15am On Jul 10, 2020
Roon9:

Someone is still saying " Age with grace"? Nlers no go fit kee me

I was surprised too grin
Re: Ganiyu Akanbi Bello's Posthumous 90th Birthday Is Today by paulolee(m): 9:15am On Jul 10, 2020
ThatFairGuy1:
Again?
watin happen?? na u get this site or na ur moni the man wan send gimme
Re: Ganiyu Akanbi Bello's Posthumous 90th Birthday Is Today by Sammy07: 9:15am On Jul 10, 2020
paulolee:
hba sir...wish u long life and more years ahead

He don die nah grin

Re: Ganiyu Akanbi Bello's Posthumous 90th Birthday Is Today by paulolee(m): 9:17am On Jul 10, 2020
Sammy07:

He don die nah grin
i kno, i mean as he de work as ancestor na...i mean him second life after e die naa

Re: Ganiyu Akanbi Bello's Posthumous 90th Birthday Is Today by ThatFairGuy1: 9:18am On Jul 10, 2020
paulolee:

watin happen?? na u get this site or na ur moni the man wan send gimme
Nahhhh.
How is it sane to wish more years for the dead? That's my concern
Re: Ganiyu Akanbi Bello's Posthumous 90th Birthday Is Today by shogsman(m): 9:19am On Jul 10, 2020
kinect:
Happy Birthday to you Sir, Age wth grace
English is quite difficult
Re: Ganiyu Akanbi Bello's Posthumous 90th Birthday Is Today by paulolee(m): 9:21am On Jul 10, 2020
ThatFairGuy1:
Nahhhh. How is it sane to wish more years for the dead? That's my concern
i mean his second life in d afterlife working as an ancestor

Re: Ganiyu Akanbi Bello's Posthumous 90th Birthday Is Today by Otp100: 9:22am On Jul 10, 2020
Re: Ganiyu Akanbi Bello's Posthumous 90th Birthday Is Today by monaPhilz: 9:29am On Jul 10, 2020
Contact me for fresh IG account and bot IG follower account. All available in bulk.
Re: Ganiyu Akanbi Bello's Posthumous 90th Birthday Is Today by GOFRONT(m): 9:30am On Jul 10, 2020
Oga, The thing dey funny me say we dey celebrate baiday of person wen him bone done melt for ground..... let d dead rest in peace and while dey continue rest in peace, we celebrate their remembrace day and not AFTER DEATH birthday...... Let the living (both suffer head and the rich) celebrate birthday. Na naija we dey abeg

FG To Begin Trial Of 5,000 Boko Haram Suspects / Presidential Poll: Rivers Is As Important As Lagos, Kano, Says Wike / President Buhari Hails Philantropist, Abdulsamad Rabiu On 61st Birthday