Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,013 members, 7,838,541 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 03:31 AM

Oluwatoyin Akere Reject Assembly's Request To Set Up Probe Panel Against Agboola - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Oluwatoyin Akere Reject Assembly's Request To Set Up Probe Panel Against Agboola (23338 Views)

Sanwo-olu Kicks-off Reconstruction Of Burnt Akere Motor Parts Market / Sanwo-Olu Donates ₦100 Million To Akere Spare Parts Traders / Rhodes-Vivour Visits Victims Of Akere Market Burnt By Political Thugs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oluwatoyin Akere Reject Assembly's Request To Set Up Probe Panel Against Agboola by Sermwell(m): 2:26pm On Jul 10, 2020
johnmartus:
Akeredolu should start prepare the chief judge sack letter Otherwise .
please get some education!! A governor cannot sack a chief judge of a state!!

4 Likes

Re: Oluwatoyin Akere Reject Assembly's Request To Set Up Probe Panel Against Agboola by Cantonese: 2:30pm On Jul 10, 2020
RenaissanceGuy:

I like this woman's courage. The era of governors pocketing their state house of assembly and Chief Judge of the state and using them to impeach and remove their deputies is coming to an end.

The constitution says it must be signed by ⅔ members and the number is below that.

Do not forget that the governor himself is a SAN. He knows the rules very well and should expect the laws to be interpreted very well.

1 Like

Re: Oluwatoyin Akere Reject Assembly's Request To Set Up Probe Panel Against Agboola by Sermwell(m): 2:31pm On Jul 10, 2020
Praxtech:

If the deputy is killed don't complain
just look at this careless comment!! If the deputy governor is assassinated tommorow and you are picked up, you begin to cry foul!! Ignorant fool!!

2 Likes

Re: Oluwatoyin Akere Reject Assembly's Request To Set Up Probe Panel Against Agboola by johnmartus(m): 2:31pm On Jul 10, 2020
Bukola Saraki did heaven not fall.
Sermwell:

please get some education!! A governor cannot sack a chief judge of a state!!
Re: Oluwatoyin Akere Reject Assembly's Request To Set Up Probe Panel Against Agboola by iamfrankoben: 2:31pm On Jul 10, 2020
Praxtech:

misguided youth from wastern Nigeria
Re: Oluwatoyin Akere Reject Assembly's Request To Set Up Probe Panel Against Agboola by Sermwell(m): 2:34pm On Jul 10, 2020
johnmartus:
Bukola Saraki did heaven not fall.
Like I said, get some education!! How did saraki sack a CJ??
Re: Oluwatoyin Akere Reject Assembly's Request To Set Up Probe Panel Against Agboola by Nobody: 2:36pm On Jul 10, 2020
litigator:

Funding of the Judiciary has been seperated from the Executive. The various Federal and State Judiciary need not go through the Executive to receive funding.

So judges need not do the bidding of the Executive no more. They have been empowered to function and do their work without fear or favour. Except the few ones who have soiled their hands already. They can still be hoodwinked.

It was the financial muscle the Executive had over judiciary and legislative arms that made it feel it was the lord and master over other arms.

I appreciate PMB for this wonderful independence giving to the judiciary.

It is not the PMB separation of financial allocation to organs of government that made the woman followed constitution, it is the environment. Late Ajimobi knows he cannot buy the Judiciary in Oyo State when he was the governor. The governor can still easily get the 2/3 requirement from the legislature before approaching the Judiciary in a village and uncivilized environment despite the separation of finances. This is very possible in a State where the governor determines who is inaugurated into the Legislature.
Re: Oluwatoyin Akere Reject Assembly's Request To Set Up Probe Panel Against Agboola by johnmartus(m): 2:42pm On Jul 10, 2020
Re: Oluwatoyin Akere Reject Assembly's Request To Set Up Probe Panel Against Agboola by MT: 2:42pm On Jul 10, 2020
OndoFirstBorn:
The assembly will restrategise to get the impeachment through.

How can you take the mandate of a party to another party. That's like robbing Peter to pay Paul.

Don't blame him. There was a legal precedent already. He only explored the gap in law.
Re: Oluwatoyin Akere Reject Assembly's Request To Set Up Probe Panel Against Agboola by Nobody: 2:42pm On Jul 10, 2020
johnmartus:
Akeredolu should start prepare the chief judge sack letter Otherwise .

That cannot happen in South West. It can only happen at Edo. Governor has no power to sack who administered an Oath of Governance on him. Akeredolu is a SAN and former NBA Chairman. He knows.

1 Like

Re: Oluwatoyin Akere Reject Assembly's Request To Set Up Probe Panel Against Agboola by Nobody: 2:42pm On Jul 10, 2020
litigator:

Funding of the Judiciary has been seperated from the Executive. The various Federal and State Judiciary need not go through the Executive to receive funding.

So judges need not do the bidding of the Executive no more. They have been empowered to function and do their work without fear or favour. Except the few ones who have soiled their hands already. They can still be hoodwinked.

It was the financial muscle the Executive had over judiciary and legislative arms that made it feel it was the lord and master over other arms.

True, but sadly the NGF kicked, met with the president few weeks ago and got him to suspend further actions that would have made it become a law (gazette) pending when talks with all arms of government would be concluded.
At least we know who the real enemies of Nigeria are; they are the ones we mudsling ourselves for.
Re: Oluwatoyin Akere Reject Assembly's Request To Set Up Probe Panel Against Agboola by MT: 2:44pm On Jul 10, 2020
litigator:

Not all states have implemented it. Most state assemblies have not approved it. E.g. Oyo state.
Re: Oluwatoyin Akere Reject Assembly's Request To Set Up Probe Panel Against Agboola by Sermwell(m): 2:57pm On Jul 10, 2020
johnmartus:
Go and get sense .Because it seem you lack it.
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://dailypost.ng/2019/01/28/onnoghen-saraki-sacked-kwara-chief-judge-2009-aisha-yesufu-blasts-old-politicians/&ved=2ahUKEwiAhuXd58LqAhWMx4UKHShnCXYQFjAQegQIBxAB&usg=AOvVaw2tUVowNyd1avSAYUo86S2W
this is really confirmed stupidity!! I asked you how saraki sacked a chief judge and you are showing me what Aisha yusuf said! SMH!!

3 Likes

Re: Oluwatoyin Akere Reject Assembly's Request To Set Up Probe Panel Against Agboola by Blackmiserable(m): 2:58pm On Jul 10, 2020
Maxymilliano:
A very honorable Judge indeed and a pride to the Judiciary she is.

This is how things must be done, the constitutional process must be strictly adhered to and the legislooters that collected 10m from Aketi to impeach the deputy must be taught how things are done in a transparent manner and not Kogi style

I'm clueless. How did it happen in Kogi
Re: Oluwatoyin Akere Reject Assembly's Request To Set Up Probe Panel Against Agboola by Nobody: 3:05pm On Jul 10, 2020
Sermwell:

this is really confirmed stupidity!! I asked you how saraki sacked a chief judge and you are showing me what Aisha yusuf said! SMH!!

Some States are dignified Villages just as some countries are dignified Zoo when compared to Civilized Country like US. They worshipped Saraki families at Ilorin before Oshiomhole demystified him.
Re: Oluwatoyin Akere Reject Assembly's Request To Set Up Probe Panel Against Agboola by Dmano: 3:07pm On Jul 10, 2020
Three gbosa for this wonderful Chief Judge

2 Likes

Re: Oluwatoyin Akere Reject Assembly's Request To Set Up Probe Panel Against Agboola by Milod(m): 3:08pm On Jul 10, 2020
As E dey happen...... na who go solve the matter
Re: Oluwatoyin Akere Reject Assembly's Request To Set Up Probe Panel Against Agboola by kunyeo(m): 3:11pm On Jul 10, 2020
Praxtech:

Go and kill her now!
Re: Oluwatoyin Akere Reject Assembly's Request To Set Up Probe Panel Against Agboola by raybaba97(m): 3:13pm On Jul 10, 2020
While there is already a precedent that gives room for Agboola's defection, I feel the deputy governor should resign for the sake of honor.

Kudos to the CJ too for standing her ground on such unconstitutional action. If they can get the required 2/3, then kudos to them too. However, until then, I'm afraid the deputy governor will be impossible to impeach following due process.
Re: Oluwatoyin Akere Reject Assembly's Request To Set Up Probe Panel Against Agboola by Nobody: 3:29pm On Jul 10, 2020
babaolofin:

It is not the PMB separation of financial allocation to organs of government that made the woman followed constitution, it is the environment. Late Ajimobi knows he cannot buy the Judiciary in Oyo State when he was the governor. The governor can still easily get the 2/3 requirement from the legislature before approaching the Judiciary in a village and uncivilized environment despite the separation of finances. This is very possible in a State where the governor determines who is inaugurated into the Legislature.

Well! You have point. Desperados. The governor of Ondo state is a SAN. Let's see if a SAN will become a law breaker, conspire to break the law, or simply allow due process of law.

By the way, I was shocked how quickly he recovered from COVID-19, when he learnt his Deputy and S.S.G resigned. grin >: grin grin

It is well with my country.
Re: Oluwatoyin Akere Reject Assembly's Request To Set Up Probe Panel Against Agboola by Sweeetheart(m): 3:30pm On Jul 10, 2020
AmazingELixir:

grin

For this your comment better Oyel dey you head...although you dey misbehave atimes....do come out that APC you no belong there.

when did it become a crime to support a party? so he can support PDP that have rendered the country useless just like APC

Nigeria youths brain don lockdown pata pata
Re: Oluwatoyin Akere Reject Assembly's Request To Set Up Probe Panel Against Agboola by entrep88: 3:35pm On Jul 10, 2020
Wise woman, tactically washed her hands off their affair grin
Re: Oluwatoyin Akere Reject Assembly's Request To Set Up Probe Panel Against Agboola by Charly68: 3:46pm On Jul 10, 2020
Akeredolu is a lawyer ,he should not try nonsense in his state please ..
Re: Oluwatoyin Akere Reject Assembly's Request To Set Up Probe Panel Against Agboola by Samseb: 4:00pm On Jul 10, 2020
Coincidentally, She shares the same surname (The C.J's husbands name) and is also from the same town as the Governor but, No she is not related to the Governor.

She is Justice Oluwatoyin Akeredolu nee Fagboyegun

todaynewsreview:
Is she related to the governor?

Governor - Rotimi Akeredolu

Chief Judge of Ondo State - Justice Oluwatoyin Akeredolu

Someone should respond please

1 Like

Re: Oluwatoyin Akere Reject Assembly's Request To Set Up Probe Panel Against Agboola by JIMMYH2O(m): 4:15pm On Jul 10, 2020
This is evil...I can see APC talking
Praxtech:

True
Re: Oluwatoyin Akere Reject Assembly's Request To Set Up Probe Panel Against Agboola by JIMMYH2O(m): 4:15pm On Jul 10, 2020
Re: Oluwatoyin Akere Reject Assembly's Request To Set Up Probe Panel Against Agboola by Praxtech: 4:17pm On Jul 10, 2020
TOPCRUISE:
Before the end of the week he will raise an alarm that they want to kill him
Nigerian politics is too desperate
Re: Oluwatoyin Akere Reject Assembly's Request To Set Up Probe Panel Against Agboola by Praxtech: 4:17pm On Jul 10, 2020
JIMMYH2O:
How?
Re: Oluwatoyin Akere Reject Assembly's Request To Set Up Probe Panel Against Agboola by ojoisimi(m): 4:34pm On Jul 10, 2020
OndoFirstBorn:
The assembly will restrategise to get the impeachment through.

How can you take the mandate of a party to another party. That's like robbing Peter to pay Paul.

You really are doing the work for your paymaster on nairaland. How much were you paid to hype aketi on nairaland?

Why is edo house of assembly not trying to impeaching obaseki for defecting?

Gone are the days when governors would bamboozled the state's CJ.
AKETI'S FIRST BORN - GET USED TO IT

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oluwatoyin Akere Reject Assembly's Request To Set Up Probe Panel Against Agboola by SirBunky85(m): 4:39pm On Jul 10, 2020
RenaissanceGuy:

I like this woman's courage. The era of governors pocketing their state house of assembly and Chief Judge of the state and using them to impeach and remove their deputies is coming to an end.
The constitution says it must be signed by ⅔ members and the number is below that.
forget it.the era of pocketing judges is still much with us.the issue is dat aketi is not a contemporary Nigerian politician who can go extra mile to achieve his aim.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Tinubu, Yahaya Bello, Dangote, Nwoko, Dino, Natasha Nominated For Peace Aaward / Amotekun: South-East Governors Write FG On Plan To Establish Security Outfit / Supreme Court Reserves Judgment In Kano Governorship Dispute

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.