Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,409 members, 7,815,902 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:34 PM

Why "In God We Trust" Inscribed In US Dollar Bills, And Not "In Science We Trust - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why "In God We Trust" Inscribed In US Dollar Bills, And Not "In Science We Trust (1673 Views)

Nigerian Says He Saw 'Allah' Inscribed On Piece Of Meat He Bought At Restaurant / Breaking: New Nigeria Passport Has Herdsmen Inscribed In It – Apostle Suleiman A / Supreme Court Rejects Atheists’ Case To Remove “In God We Trust” From Money (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why "In God We Trust" Inscribed In US Dollar Bills, And Not "In Science We Trust by BackllGodNaija: 11:01am On Jul 10, 2020
Why Is "In God We Trust" Inscribed In US Dollar Bills, And Not "In Science We Trust"?

I opened a thread of recent titled "Some may trust in science, some may trust in technology, but we will trust in God", and some of those who observed science as their master lord and savior wanted to crucify me. Some labeled it stupidity and foolishness, that i should throw away my phone since i don't trust in science. Someone even called me an ingrate for trusting in God and not science which serves me....Hmmm.

These are the same people that claim that developed nations owe their development to science and not God, and that religion was responsible for the backwardness of Africa. So if their claims were anything to go by, the US which leads that pack of most developed nations on Earth who consequently owe their development to science, should trust in science and not God, right?

So what do they have to say about the fact it is instead "In God We Trust" that is boldly and proudly Inscribed on every single one of their currency and not "In Science We Trust? That should make their policy makers stupid, foolish and ingrates then, speaking of those whose policies made the US the exceedingly great nation it was and distinguished it from the rest.

It's monumentally baffling that people who could possibly conceive such nonsensical and foolish things, yet think they're the knowledgeable and intelligent ones, while those who reason differently as the policy makers in the US at the time, were the foolish and ignorant ones. It's obvious they need serious help.

Lord please have mercy on these ones, open their eyes to see to their blindness, their knowledge to know their ignorance, their wisdom to discern their foolishness, so that they don't die in them. Amen.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why "In God We Trust" Inscribed In US Dollar Bills, And Not "In Science We Trust by delkuf(m): 11:06am On Jul 10, 2020
BackllGodNaija:
Why Is "In God We Trust" Inscribed In US Dollar Bills, And Not "In Science We Trust"?

I opened a thread of recent titled "Some may trust in science, some may trust in technology, but we will trust in God", and some of those who observe science as their master lord and savior wanted to crucify me. Some labeled it stupidity and foolishness, that i should throw away my phone since i don't trust in science. Someone even called me an ingrate for trusting in God and not science which serves me....Hmmm.

These are the same people that claim that developed nations owe their development to science and not God, and that religion was responsible for the backwardness of Africa. So if their claims were anything to go by, the US which leads that pack of most developed nations on Earth who owe their development to science, should trust in science and not God, right?

So what do they have to say about the fact it is instead "In God We Trust" that is boldly and proudly Inscribed on every single one of their currency and not "In Science We Trust? That should make their policy makers stupid, foolish and ingrates then, speaking of those whose policies made the US the exceedingly great nation it was and distinguished it from the rest.

It's really baffling that people who could possibly conceive such nonsensical and foolish things, yet think they're the knowledgeable and intelligent ones, while those who reason differently as the policy makers in the US at the time, were the foolish and ignorant ones. It's obvious they need serious help.

Lord please have mercy on these ones, open their eyes to see to their blindness, their knowledge to know their ignorance, their wisdom to discern their foolishness, so that they don't die in them. Amen.
keep telling them the truth. God will continue to strengthen you

2 Likes

Re: Why "In God We Trust" Inscribed In US Dollar Bills, And Not "In Science We Trust by BackllGodNaija: 11:11am On Jul 10, 2020
delkuf:
Amen bro. You're appreciated

Re: Why "In God We Trust" Inscribed In US Dollar Bills, And Not "In Science We Trust by Heathen777(m): 11:26am On Jul 10, 2020
BackllGodNaija:

I opened a thread of recent titled "Some may trust in science, some may trust in technology, but we will trust in God", and some of those who observed science as their master lord and savior wanted to crucify me. Some labeled it stupidity and foolishness, that i should throw away my phone since i don't trust in science. Someone even called me an ingrate for trusting in God and not science which serves me....Hmmm.

These are the same people that claim that developed nations owe their development to science and not God, and that religion was responsible for the backwardness of Africa. So if their claims were anything to go by, the US which leads that pack of most developed nations on Earth who consequently owe their development to science, should trust in science and not God, right?

It's monumentally baffling that people who could possibly conceive such nonsensical and foolish things, yet think they're the knowledgeable and intelligent ones, while those who reason differently as the policy makers in the US at the time, were the foolish and ignorant ones. It's obvious they need serious help.

The USA is not a very good example to be be looking up to right now, it's been in a slow decline for a while now, and it's currently in free fall. And right now, it's quite ironic you sarcastically ask why the US doesn't have "in science we trust"... If they followed through with scientific advice from the experts, had a leader that valued science, and had a better healthcare system, they wouldn't be the world's epicenter, they would have been over with the first wave like the rest of most developed nations.

The reason why the USA dollar bill motto reads "in God we trust" is due to the state of affairs during the Cold War with the USSR. Due to the mandate of state atheism in the USSR, in order to affront this, and stem their perceived threat of atheism, they decided to change their dollar bill motto from E Pluribus Unum ( Latin for "Out of many, one" ) to a nationalistic - anti-atheist jab "in God we trust".

13 Likes

Re: Why "In God We Trust" Inscribed In US Dollar Bills, And Not "In Science We Trust by jaytee01(m): 11:52am On Jul 10, 2020
So what point are you driving at? What does it prove?
Re: Why "In God We Trust" Inscribed In US Dollar Bills, And Not "In Science We Trust by BeLookingIDIOT(m): 11:56am On Jul 10, 2020
Have they actually been trusting God or Science?
The times were they choose to rely less on reason have always proved detrimental to them.
It's a fact, generally that the development of any region is inversely proportional to the amount of religiosity present there.
Within the USA and other developed nations,the most religious areas alias "the Bible belts" are always the most backwards...so what are you saying undecided

2 Likes

Re: Why "In God We Trust" Inscribed In US Dollar Bills, And Not "In Science We Trust by Bacteriologist(m): 12:15pm On Jul 10, 2020
"In God we trust" is different from "in Yahweh we trust."

The first statement leaves the Idea of God more open to interpretation while the second one refers to a more specific deity.

What you're doing is quoting a vague statement and then inserting YOUR own idea of the word to mean what YOU think it should mean. And using it potentially as evidence for a god you have not shown to exist in the first place. That is a fatally foolish manner of reasoning typical of believers who are grabbing at every straw to prove their imaginary friends.

The original owners of the quote don't give two shots about Yahweh.

GOD = Gold, Oil and Diamond. So quit the buttlicking and start providing some real evidence for your magical sky daddy in the cosmos.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why "In God We Trust" Inscribed In US Dollar Bills, And Not "In Science We Trust by BackllGodNaija: 1:04pm On Jul 10, 2020
Bacteriologist:

The first statement leaves the Idea of God more open to interpretation while the second one refers to a more specific deity.

What you're doing is quoting a vague statement and then inserting YOUR own idea of the word to mean what YOU think it should mean. And using it potentially as evidence for a god you have not shown to exist in the first place. That is a fatally foolish manner of reasoning typical of believers who are grabbing at every straw to prove their imaginary friends.

GOD = Gold, Oil and Diamond. So quit the buttlicking and start providing some real evidence for your magical sky daddy in the cosmos.
Jesus Christ my Master, Lord and Savior!!! see wetin person wey think say him sabi something dey answer. God means Gold Oil and Diamond. cheesy cheesy cheesy Abeg my Belle oh, make you no kill me with laugh, you don win. I no do again lol! Wow! Even an ignorant little child no go fit give this kind monumentally senseless answer. Kai very wonderful. Nothing again wey person no go hear for this world. God means Gold oil and diamond for person wey dey lick the butt of science. Okay oh

1 Like

Re: Why "In God We Trust" Inscribed In US Dollar Bills, And Not "In Science We Trust by kingxsamz(m): 2:17pm On Jul 10, 2020
delkuf:

You guys forgot the illuminati sign on that note too... grin

11 Likes

Re: Why "In God We Trust" Inscribed In US Dollar Bills, And Not "In Science We Trust by Bacteriologist(m): 2:18pm On Jul 10, 2020
BackllGodNaija:
Jesus Christ my Master, Lord and Savior!!! see wetin person wey think say him sabi something dey answer. God means Gold Oil and Diamond. cheesy cheesy cheesy Abeg my Belle oh, make you no kill me with laugh, you don win. I no do again lol! Wow! Even an ignorant little child no go fit give this kind monumentally senseless answer. Kai very wonderful. Nothing again wey person no go hear for this world. God means Gold oil and diamond for person wey dey lick the butt of science. Okay oh

Clearly I was expecting too much from you when I thought you would understand my post. Lemme dumb it down a little further for your single digit IQ brain.

The dollar was always based on the gold standard. That was only changed a few years ago. Nothing motivates the American government to action than oil. As can be seen in the middle east with Iraq, Iran and US romance with other oil rich countries. Diamond is an equally valuable asset to the Americans in terms of what we call fiat money.

When Americans print "in God we trust" on their actual currency. A lot of interpretations can be made from it. As the quote wasn't even the original statement on the greenback. It is therefore not far reaching to claim the term god could very well mean these precious metals. But what would I expect from someone who thinks a quote on the dollar proved his god exists?

It would be flattery to even say you have the intelligence of a 5-year old. Please stick to believing in the god myth and humping your buybull . You are obviously too dumb to be left alone to start thinking for yourself.

4 Likes

Re: Why "In God We Trust" Inscribed In US Dollar Bills, And Not "In Science We Trust by Bacteriologist(m): 2:19pm On Jul 10, 2020
Re: Why "In God We Trust" Inscribed In US Dollar Bills, And Not "In Science We Trust by kingxsamz(m): 2:20pm On Jul 10, 2020
Dollar bill: *In God we trust*

Christians: *This is proof that God exists*....

Clowns. grin

13 Likes

Re: Why "In God We Trust" Inscribed In US Dollar Bills, And Not "In Science We Trust by BackllGodNaija: 9:14pm On Jul 10, 2020
Heathen777:

The USA is not a very good example to be be looking up to right now, it's been in a slow decline for a while now, and it's currently in free fall. And right now, it's quite ironic you sarcastically ask why the US doesn't have "in science we trust"... If they followed through with scientific advice from the experts, had a leader that valued science, and had a better healthcare system, they wouldn't be the world's epicenter, they would have been over with the first wave like the rest of most developed nations.

The reason why the USA dollar bill motto reads "in God we trust" is due to the state of affairs during the Cold War with the USSR. Due to the mandate of state atheism in the USSR, in order to affront this, and stem their perceived threat of atheism, they decided to change their dollar bill motto from E Pluribus Unum ( Latin for "Out of many, one" ) to a nationalistic - anti-atheist jab "in God we trust".
It wasn't "right now" that "In God We Trust" was inscribed into the US currencies, so that's besides the point. If I could recall correctly, you're one of those that had an issue about my post about not putting my trust in science but in God, hence the question. I agree the US is in a decline right now, but the reason for that is not ignoring science but God even though that inscription still remains in the currency, because now it's more of lip service than the heart.

As for being the world's epicentre of the virus, it also has nothing to do with ignoring science because if science was anything to go by, the US ought to be the most prepared to contain the virus, Africa should be the worst. Moreover following scientific advice had shown itself to be insufficient when it came to containing the coronavirus. But i'd give it to you at least for not foolishly attempting to change the meaning of "God" in the inscription out of desperation as @Bacteriologist who appears to be a waste of his assumed double-digits IQ.
Re: Why "In God We Trust" Inscribed In US Dollar Bills, And Not "In Science We Trust by LordReed(m): 12:19am On Jul 11, 2020
BackllGodNaija:
It wasn't "right now" that "In God We Trust" was inscribed into the US currencies, so that's besides the point. If I could recall correctly, you're one of those that had an issue about my post about not putting my trust in science but in God, hence the question. I agree the US is in a decline right now, but the reason for that is not ignoring science but God even though that inscription still remains in the currency, because now it's more of lip service than the heart.

As for being the world's epicentre of the virus, it also has nothing to do with ignoring science because if science was anything to go by, the US ought to be the most prepared to contain the virus, Africa should be the worst. Moreover following scientific advice had shown itself to be insufficient when it came to containing the coronavirus. But i'd give it to you at least for not foolishly attempting to change the meaning of "God" in the inscription out of desperation as @Bacteriologist who appears to be a waste of his assumed double-digits IQ.

LoL! When you are told to learn history instead of fairytale, you no go gree. As Heathen777 has already pointed out, the in god we trust was added as a response to the perceived threat from communistic fervor during the cold war which to them at the time was synonymous with atheism. The inscription has always been about lip service.

Learn real history not fairytales.

9 Likes

Re: Why "In God We Trust" Inscribed In US Dollar Bills, And Not "In Science We Trust by BackllGodNaija: 12:56am On Jul 11, 2020
LordReed:

LoL! When you are told to learn history instead of fairytale, you no go gree. As Heathen777 has already pointed out, the in god we trust was added as a response to the perceived threat from communistic fervor during the cold war which to them at the time was synonymous with atheism. The inscription has always been about lip service.

Learn real history not fairytales.
Lolz! The same history that confirms the fact that the US chose to put their trust in God instead of science which is the god of atheism. I no gree for foolishness and lies oh. Never! Dey dia dey decieve yourself with selective and subjective history.
Re: Why "In God We Trust" Inscribed In US Dollar Bills, And Not "In Science We Trust by Heathen777(m): 2:25am On Jul 11, 2020
BackllGodNaija:

Many 1st world nations are doing far better than the US (Germany, Canada, Sweden, Japan, etc), despite becoming far more irreligious. If your statement has any validity, then why aren't they worse off than the US for "abandoning god".

BackllGodNaija:

As for being the world's epicenter of the virus, it also has nothing to do with ignoring science because if science was anything to go by, the US ought to be the most prepared to contain the virus, Africa should be the worst. Moreover following scientific advice had shown itself to be insufficient when it came to containing the coronavirus. But I'd give it to you at least for not foolishly attempting to change the meaning of "God" in the inscription out of desperation as @Bacteriologist who appears to be a waste of his assumed double-digits IQ.

"the US ought to be the most prepared to contain the virus". Far from it. They have one of the least effective health care systems in the developed world. Trump disbanded the NSC pandemic response unit, that Obama set up, months before COVID 19. The Trump administration ignored warning from Intel about the threat of the virus back in 2019. They refused testing kit from the UN, the one they manufactured was faulty, and by the time they got functional ones, cases had spiraled out of control. They were very lenient on lockdowns and barely enforced them, till things got extremely worse. They also lagged behind the rest of the developed world in contact tracing. They ignored warnings from the expert and told the states to re-open quickly after the brief lockdown. I could go on.....And now they still haven't managed to end their first wave, being 2% of the world's population they have 25% of all confirmed cases.

I don't think you know enough about the US or world history to even make a decent argument on anything regarding them.

6 Likes

Re: Why "In God We Trust" Inscribed In US Dollar Bills, And Not "In Science We Trust by orunto27: 6:05am On Jul 11, 2020
CHINA AND COVID19 ARE INSANE LIERS.

1 Like

Re: Why "In God We Trust" Inscribed In US Dollar Bills, And Not "In Science We Trust by LordReed(m): 7:24am On Jul 11, 2020
BackllGodNaija:
Lolz! The same history that confirms the fact that the US chose to put their trust in God instead of science which is the god of atheism. I no gree for foolishness and lies oh. Never! Dey dia dey decieve yourself with selective and subjective history.

Bwahahahaha! You that thought it was part of the foundation of the US, you are now forming history buff. Why can't you be honest with yourself at least, why lie so vigorously to yourself.

5 Likes

Re: Why "In God We Trust" Inscribed In US Dollar Bills, And Not "In Science We Trust by Buliwyf: 8:13am On Jul 11, 2020
This thread is evidence for religious senselessness. I have never seen a worse argument in my life.

The fact that the OP actually thought this is a sound argument deserving of a thread severely impugns his critical thinking ability. What a failure of education.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why "In God We Trust" Inscribed In US Dollar Bills, And Not "In Science We Trust by BackllGodNaija: 10:14am On Jul 11, 2020
LordReed:

Bwahahahaha! You that thought it was part of the foundation of the US, you are now forming history buff. Why can't you be honest with yourself at least, why lie so vigorously to yourself.
Liar!!! Show me where I said "In God We Trust" in the US currency was part of the foundation of US, if not that you're the liar here? Though I can see that many here like liking lies. "In God We Trust" in the US currency was just a confirmation of the "In God We Trust" foundation upon which the founding fathers of the US built it. Meanwhile keep denying any history that goes against your foolish beliefs.
Re: Why "In God We Trust" Inscribed In US Dollar Bills, And Not "In Science We Trust by LordReed(m): 11:26am On Jul 11, 2020
BackllGodNaija:
Liar!!! Show me where I said "In God We Trust" in the US currency was part of the foundation of US, if not that you're the liar here? Though I can see that many here like liking lies. "In God We Trust" in the US currency was just a confirmation of the "In God We Trust" foundation upon which the founding fathers of the US built it. Meanwhile keep denying any history that goes against your foolish beliefs.

Yes you didn't say but you implied it and even here you make it more plain. Why you like lying to yourself is just a wonder.
Re: Why "In God We Trust" Inscribed In US Dollar Bills, And Not "In Science We Trust by CAPSLOCKED: 1:21pm On Jul 11, 2020
kingxsamz:
Dollar bill: *In God we trust*

Christians: *This is proof that OUR God exists*....

Clowns. grin

1 Like

Re: Why "In God We Trust" Inscribed In US Dollar Bills, And Not "In Science We Trust by Xmuslim: 1:29pm On Jul 11, 2020
Rule number 1: Do not argue with a fool grin. He will always be right in his closed mind. He just want to proof his imaginary Yahweh by all means

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why "In God We Trust" Inscribed In US Dollar Bills, And Not "In Science We Trust by BackllGodNaija: 2:11pm On Jul 11, 2020
LordReed:

Yes you didn't say but you implied it and even here you make it more plain. Why you like lying to yourself is just a wonder.
Oh so i didn't say "In God We Trust" addition to the US currency was part of the foundation of the US, but you just formulated it in your head? Later you'd speak of fairy tales when you're the one imagining things that one did not say.
Re: Why "In God We Trust" Inscribed In US Dollar Bills, And Not "In Science We Trust by BackllGodNaija: 2:14pm On Jul 11, 2020
Buliwyf:
This thread is evidence for religious senselessness. I have never seen a worse argument in my life.

The fact that the OP actually thought this is a sound argument deserving of a thread severely impugns his critical thinking ability. What a failure of education.
Now applaud yourself for contributing your quota to the amount of foolishness in this thread. one more waste of a God-given brain.
Re: Why "In God We Trust" Inscribed In US Dollar Bills, And Not "In Science We Trust by shekauvsbuhari: 2:19pm On Jul 11, 2020
Bacteriologist:

Truth is that the founders of America were people tha believed in God(yahweh) and practised what was very close to true christianity. The constitution of the country would show you tenets of Christianity which are love, equality, charity, freedom, human rights etc. Their foudation was on God. Forget what is called christianity in today's nigeria or Africa tailored towards scamming folks and destroying productive capacity of individuals by giving them fake hopes of miracle prosperity. Fake version of christianity over here emboldens atheists. True Christianity is not averse to Science and God does not disapprove of science. The book of Luke in de bible was written by a greek medical doctor who accompanied paul in his missionary journeys and was their group's physician. In attempt to scam people over here, some preachers downplay science and harp more on miracles in order to make people believe in them. But the American founders focused on science as wisdom that God has given man to solve his problems. However in life, with time things begin to wane. Just like after a man's death the children begin to drift away from his footprints and style, some of today's americans are gradually drawing away from the ways of their founding fathers. That is life anyway.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why "In God We Trust" Inscribed In US Dollar Bills, And Not "In Science We Trust by BackllGodNaija: 2:32pm On Jul 11, 2020
Bacteriologist:

Clearly I was expecting too much from you when I thought you would understand my post. Lemme dumb it down a little further for your single digit IQ brain.

The dollar was always based on the gold standard. That was only changed a few years ago. Nothing motivates the American government to action than oil. As can be seen in the middle east with Iraq, Iran and US romance with other oil rich countries. Diamond is an equally valuable asset to the Americans in terms of what we call fiat money.

When Americans print "in God we trust" on their actual currency. A lot of interpretations can be made from it (I pointed out in my initial response). As the quote wasn't even the original statement on the greenback. It is therefore not far reaching to claim the term god could very well mean these precious metals. But what would I expect from someone who thinks a quote on the dollar proved his god exists?

It would be flattery to even say you have the intelligence of a 5-year old. Please stick to believing in the god myth and humping your buybull . You are obviously too dumb to be left alone to start thinking for yourself.
This is what happens when one thinks he knows too much when in truth he knows nothing but lies. I said it before, I would say it again. You're just about the most clueless atheist I've ever come across, and the fact that you still had the shamelessness to come here to defend your utterly clueless and foolish idea of Gold, oil and diamonds means that you're perhaps even worse off than I think. You're such an embarassment to the intelligence of atheists. I mean how you still shamelessly come to defend such thrash? You can see that even your fellow atheists have left you on own because among the foolish, there are yet different levels of foolishness, so their own foolishness no smell your own. Abeg even if you get a million-digit IQ carry am go to the dogs, for they are the ones that could possibly take your gold, oil and diamond outrightly senseless idea seriously.
Re: Why "In God We Trust" Inscribed In US Dollar Bills, And Not "In Science We Trust by LordReed(m): 4:55pm On Jul 11, 2020
BackllGodNaija:
Oh so i didn't say "In God We Trust" addition to the US currency was part of the foundation of the US, but you just formulated it in your head? Later you'd speak of fairy tales when you're the one imagining things that one did not say.

Do you know how to read? Did I say you said it? Can you show me where I said you said so?
Re: Why "In God We Trust" Inscribed In US Dollar Bills, And Not "In Science We Trust by BackllGodNaija: 5:14pm On Jul 11, 2020
LordReed:

Do you know how to read? Did I say you said it? Can you show me where I said you said so?
Can see that you're trying to be too smart for your foolishness. Well continue to deceive yourself
Re: Why "In God We Trust" Inscribed In US Dollar Bills, And Not "In Science We Trust by LordReed(m): 5:19pm On Jul 11, 2020
BackllGodNaija:
Can see that you're trying to be too smart for your foolishness. Well continue to deceive yourself

Dummy you accused me of lying but now you want to turn around because you have been shown to be the one in error. Fool.
Re: Why "In God We Trust" Inscribed In US Dollar Bills, And Not "In Science We Trust by BackllGodNaija: 5:36pm On Jul 11, 2020
LordReed:

Dummy you accused me of lying but now you want to turn around because you have been shown to be the one in error. Fool.
You lied that I was lying! Even when caught red-handed you would still deny that you lied. Such a hardened liar.
Re: Why "In God We Trust" Inscribed In US Dollar Bills, And Not "In Science We Trust by LordReed(m): 6:18pm On Jul 11, 2020
BackllGodNaija:
You lied that I was lying! Even when caught red-handed you would still deny that you lied. Such a hardened liar.

You are a stupid dunce. I never said you said it but you cooked it up so you can have something to nag about. Dummy.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why Do People Always Equate Atheists With Having No Morals / ..... / End Times Indeed, Pastor Found Dead In Hotel Room.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 106
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.