Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,993 members, 7,814,391 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 12:10 PM

Are You Still Waiting For Your National Id Card Plastic? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Are You Still Waiting For Your National Id Card Plastic? (5600 Views)

Buhari Still Waiting For Tinubu’s Shortlist Of Running Mates / NIMC: National ID Card Replacement Costs N5,000 / Ambode Dumps His APC ID Card, Makes Himself Unreachable To The Party Chairman. V (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Are You Still Waiting For Your National Id Card Plastic? by 50power: 4:44am On Jul 11, 2020
Have you registered for your national ID card, collected your identification number slip and still waiting to get the real plastic ID card for your online transactions?

All Nigerian institutions and companies accept the mere slip for any transaction and registration but foreign websites and companies such as payoneer, Paypal, foreign banks, foreign schools, foreign job websites, forex websites, money transfer websites etc. don’t recognize the slip.

According to NIMC General Manager, Hadiza Ali Dagabana, what is more important to you is the NIN (National Identification Number) not the plastic ID card but you will also need the plastic ID card for various online transactions since oversea companies and websites would not accept the slip or the number only.

As it is now, there is no hope of getting the real national ID card plastic type again. According to the General Manager, Legal Regulatory and Compliance Services/Board Secretary of NIMC, Hadiza Ali Dagabana, there is no fund for them to use to produce the plastic cards. Read her interview with thecable.ng here: https://www.thecable.ng/interview-you-need-national-identification-number-not-card-nimc-official-tells-nigerians

What is the solution now if you need your national ID card for online and offline transactions and you have only the identification number slip? See the solution here https://articlemama..com/p/i-will-design-your-national-id-card-for.html

1 Like

Re: Are You Still Waiting For Your National Id Card Plastic? by ThatFairGuy1: 4:51am On Jul 11, 2020
I'm still waiting for mine since 2015. meanwhile, kindly blur the identities on the card you uploaded

2 Likes

Re: Are You Still Waiting For Your National Id Card Plastic? by Chris6music: 5:20am On Jul 11, 2020
Lol
Re: Are You Still Waiting For Your National Id Card Plastic? by majamajic(m): 5:28am On Jul 11, 2020
It has been used by voters during the 2 elections
Re: Are You Still Waiting For Your National Id Card Plastic? by emilas1979(m): 5:29am On Jul 11, 2020
{f what use?
After 8 yrs,
I enrolled in the 2012 and still moving about with temporary paper.
Don't think I need it anymore
50power:
Have you registered for your national ID card, collected your slip and still waiting to get the real plastic ID card?

According to NIMC officials, what is more important to you is the NIN (National Identification Number) but you will also need the plastic ID card for various transactions as some institutions and websites don’t accept the mere slip given to you after registration. You will also like to hold your ID card while moving about.

As it is now, there is no hope of getting the real national ID card plastic type.

When I tried to open a particular account online, I uploaded the slip but it was rejected. I became frustrated but I later came over it. Here is how I solved my national ID card plastic issue https://www.nairakobo.com.ng/2020/06/12/how-i-solved-my-national-identity-plastic-card-issue/

Re: Are You Still Waiting For Your National Id Card Plastic? by LadySarah: 5:43am On Jul 11, 2020
emilas1979:
{f what use?
After 8 yrs,
I enrolled in the 2012 and still moving about with temporary paper.
Don't think I need it anymore

Bros! You are sure yours hasn't expired? That's 8 years ago
Re: Are You Still Waiting For Your National Id Card Plastic? by allthingsgood: 5:48am On Jul 11, 2020
LadySarah:

Nope

I enrolled 2012 too. Still using my paper
Re: Are You Still Waiting For Your National Id Card Plastic? by realstars: 5:51am On Jul 11, 2020
Corruption Has Eatten Up The Producpion Company
Re: Are You Still Waiting For Your National Id Card Plastic? by basmur(m): 5:57am On Jul 11, 2020
Designing NATIONAL ID CARD.. is this legal??
Re: Are You Still Waiting For Your National Id Card Plastic? by sylve11: 6:02am On Jul 11, 2020
We go dey wait sotey, sotey sotey sotey sotey, sotey sotey sotey. We go dey wait sotey plastic ID card go change to metal ID card. cool
Re: Are You Still Waiting For Your National Id Card Plastic? by illicit(m): 6:08am On Jul 11, 2020
Stealing our National ID card money is equivalent to identity theft
cheesy
Re: Are You Still Waiting For Your National Id Card Plastic? by Futuragetty: 6:23am On Jul 11, 2020
ThatFairGuy1:
I'm still waiting for mine since 2015.
meanwhile, kindly blur the identities on the card you uploaded
I swear ehh. the owner is prolly one of those people that scan their ID's and document(s) in cyber cafes without deleting it afterwards.

1 Like

Re: Are You Still Waiting For Your National Id Card Plastic? by Nobody: 6:27am On Jul 11, 2020
It's unjustifiable for you to go to that length no matter how badly you need it. Many of us who registered between 2012-15 are still waiting for the plastic to be released. It's okay you've solved your problem through the backdoor but monetizing the process just made you like a politician -corrupt people- don't think you can't be tracked down. You might be putting yourself in a dangerous situation.

1 Like

Re: Are You Still Waiting For Your National Id Card Plastic? by NaMe4: 6:40am On Jul 11, 2020
How can someone's height be 48cm?
Re: Are You Still Waiting For Your National Id Card Plastic? by emilas1979(m): 6:50am On Jul 11, 2020
My brother!!

Don't think I still need it
LadySarah:

Re: Are You Still Waiting For Your National Id Card Plastic? by Badbunny: 7:20am On Jul 11, 2020
NaMe4:

I wonder oo, na ruler? cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Are You Still Waiting For Your National Id Card Plastic? by Sofistcatdmoron: 8:47am On Jul 11, 2020
cheesy grin

Chai, kid of nowadays. What you are doing is against the law, falsification of government issued document grin,

So you think you are federal government that issues national is card?
Re: Are You Still Waiting For Your National Id Card Plastic? by Nobody: 8:52am On Jul 11, 2020
Op, you are about to be picked up by DSS.
Re: Are You Still Waiting For Your National Id Card Plastic? by phyya(f): 10:17am On Jul 11, 2020
sylve11:
We go dey wait sotey, sotey sotey sotey sotey, sotey sotey sotey. We go dey wait sotey plastic ID card go change to metal ID card. cool
Lol, I remember this song grin
Re: Are You Still Waiting For Your National Id Card Plastic? by LadySarah: 10:24am On Jul 11, 2020
The question is why does it take so much time for a national ID card to be produced while an atm card in less than an hr and voters card in less than 2 mths?
Intl passport max 1 mth.

I did 1st one 2010 no cared yet.
I did 2016 no card yet while they brought for My dad that died 2005 in 2012.7 yrs later.

Are they not mad?
Re: Are You Still Waiting For Your National Id Card Plastic? by Austeeenxx: 10:32am On Jul 11, 2020
NaMe4:
You never can tell. Maybe na midget. grin
Re: Are You Still Waiting For Your National Id Card Plastic? by 50power: 3:43pm On Jul 13, 2020
Whether it is legal or not. This is just a temporal document to be used to solve your identity issues during translations especially online pending the time the one from Govt would arrive (if it will ever come). The mere slip is not working for those of us who use foreign websites.
Re: Are You Still Waiting For Your National Id Card Plastic? by chrissssyfelix(m): 4:18pm On Jul 13, 2020
mine was 2012 too, still using the slip..... nothing works perfect in Nigeria, but i know God is taking over.
Re: Are You Still Waiting For Your National Id Card Plastic? by bry8ted(m): 1:19pm On Jul 21, 2020
50power:
Whether it is legal or not. This is just a temporal document to be used to solve your identity issues during translations especially online pending the time the one from Govt would arrive (if it will ever come). The mere slip is not working for those of us who use foreign websites.
Price
Re: Are You Still Waiting For Your National Id Card Plastic? by Xtopherprince(m): 11:58am On Jul 28, 2020
50power:
Have you registered for your national ID card, collected your identification number slip and still waiting to get the real plastic ID card for your online transactions?

All Nigerian institutions and companies accept the mere slip for any transaction and registration but foreign websites and companies such as payoneer, Paypal, foreign banks, foreign schools, foreign job websites, forex websites, money transfer websites etc. don’t recognize the slip.

According to NIMC General Manager, Hadiza Ali Dagabana, what is more important to you is the NIN (National Identification Number) not the plastic ID card but you will also need the plastic ID card for various online transactions since oversea companies and websites would not accept the slip or the number only.

As it is now, there is no hope of getting the real national ID card plastic type again. According to the General Manager, Legal Regulatory and Compliance Services/Board Secretary of NIMC, Hadiza Ali Dagabana, there is no fund for them to use to produce the plastic cards. Read her interview with thecable.ng here: https://www.thecable.ng/interview-you-need-national-identification-number-not-card-nimc-official-tells-nigerians

What is the solution now if you need your national ID card for online and offline transactions and you have only the identification number slip? See the solution here https://articlemama..com/p/i-will-design-your-national-id-card-for.html

Sent you a mail to the email address on the blog if that's really you.

(1) (Reply)

FG Record ₦1.87 Trillion Trade Deficit In Q2 - NBS / Frank Edwards Confirm Osinachi Nwachukwu Died Of Domestic Violence / Game Over: Tinubu Has Not Slept Since He Saw These

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.