Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,652 members, 7,809,469 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:07 AM

Real Madrid Now Two Wins From Winnning La Liga After Beating Alaves - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Real Madrid Now Two Wins From Winnning La Liga After Beating Alaves (26080 Views)

With Two Games, Two Wins, Falconets Advance To Quarter-Finals / Real Madrid Top La Liga After Beating Real Sociedad / Anthony Joshua Explains The Role Of Islam In His Life After Beating Andy Ruiz In (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Real Madrid Now Two Wins From Winnning La Liga After Beating Alaves by ogbiwa: 7:14am On Jul 11, 2020
Real Madrid are two wins away from clinching La Liga title after victory over strugglers Alaves.

Karim Benzema's penalty put the league leaders in front after Ximo Navarro's foul on Ferland Mendy.

Benzema then teed up Marco Asensio for the second, awarded after VAR overruled an incorrect offside decision.

Second-placed Barcelona trail by four points and, if they lose at Real Vallodolid on Saturday, Real can clinch the title by beating Granada on Monday.

Regardless, two wins - or one win and two draws - from their remaining three games will bring the championship to Zinedine Zidane's side.

Alaves, three points above the relegation zone, were overseen by new manager Juan Lopez Muniz for the first time after a five-game losing run had led to Asier Garitano's departure.

But the Basque underdogs almost took a shock lead in the opening minutes when former Stoke and Newcastle striker Joselu's header crashed off the bar and Lucas Perez's follow-up was cleared off the line by Raphael Varane.

Real survived that scare and led through Benzema's penalty - the Frenchman's 18th league goal of the season - although Alaves remained lively, with on-loan West Brom winger Oliver Burke their main threat, forcing a save from Thibaut Courtois.

Asensio eventually added the second, after VAR confirmed Benzema was onside in the build-up, and while Joselu brought a smart save from Courtois, former West Ham goalkeeper Roberto had to be alert at the other end to keep out efforts from Rodrygo and Benzema.

If Real can finish the job, it will be only their second title in eight years, with their most recent coming in 2016-17, during Zidane's last spell as manager.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/53358364

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Real Madrid Now Two Wins From Winnning La Liga After Beating Alaves by logon599: 7:15am On Jul 11, 2020
This Madrid squad is overflowing with talent. Zidane started with Rodrygo, asensio and benzema; modric, kroos and casemiro, a team that are already good enough to face any opposition, yet he still had vinicius, isco, hazard, BALE, valverde, RAMOS, marcelo, james rodriguez shocked It's like you're on the cast of Game of Thrones. Too many big names. I think his most difficult task won't be on the pitch, but managing a dressing room with so many big names, and getting the best out of everyone.

Are you planning an upcoming building project and don't have a decent plan yet? Contact me to design the complete building drawings (architectural, as well as securing structural, mechanical, electrical and Bill of Quantities, also professional construction supervision, consultation and labor, from foundation to any level) all at VERY decent costs. See correspondence in my signature below or simply chat/call 0816 124 7898 to get started or see samples. Thank you

108 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Real Madrid Now Two Wins From Winnning La Liga After Beating Alaves by UbongCR7(m): 8:31am On Jul 11, 2020
HalaMadrid
Courtois 18 clean sheets and still counting - best keeper in the whole wide world.
La liga player of the season - Ramos.

Wait and see how Cules will call us vardrid yen yen yen

74 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Real Madrid Now Two Wins From Winnning La Liga After Beating Alaves by SmartProf(m): 8:32am On Jul 11, 2020
Zidane is just one lucky charm in Madrid's path. He just has a strong affinity with trophies. He doesn't always forcefully impress his ego on the team, yet majority of the players are so pleased to give him their best. If I were Mourinho, I will take a crash course with Zidane on how to be very calm, yet successful in winning trophies.

172 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Real Madrid Now Two Wins From Winnning La Liga After Beating Alaves by ValCon888: 8:32am On Jul 11, 2020
Must Madrid win la Liga through Ojoro?
Penalties after penalties. And VAR is always on their side.
Nonsense.

31 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Real Madrid Now Two Wins From Winnning La Liga After Beating Alaves by Anneka101(f): 8:32am On Jul 11, 2020
Real Madrid is a club of stars! I believe they can do more when they are able to manage these stars.

Hala Madrid! Congratulations champion of Spanish la Liga.

Bulk sales of Luminous inverter and luminous battery 220AH Tubular.
Battery; SOLAR PANEL 150WATTS
SOLAR PANEL 250WATTS 24V

090 5042 9481

And Installation. Check my profile and contact me.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Real Madrid Now Two Wins From Winnning La Liga After Beating Alaves by Nobody: 8:32am On Jul 11, 2020
34th laliga crown in the bag. More glory to come for the los Blancos, meaning more shame and misery to Barcelona.
2nd trophy for the season whereas another club is heading for a "pichichi trophy". A Good time to be a madridsta.

67 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Real Madrid Now Two Wins From Winnning La Liga After Beating Alaves by Solutecut: 8:32am On Jul 11, 2020
Gbayi, I'm sure CR7 would be missing RM

8 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Real Madrid Now Two Wins From Winnning La Liga After Beating Alaves by tillaman(m): 8:32am On Jul 11, 2020
They ain’t winning shiiit, not On Messi’s watch
Barca is winning that league screw Real Madrid and all their fans world wide
The world is ours (TEAM FCB)

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Real Madrid Now Two Wins From Winnning La Liga After Beating Alaves by Lanre4uonly(m): 8:32am On Jul 11, 2020
Hala Madrid.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Real Madrid Now Two Wins From Winnning La Liga After Beating Alaves by Nobody: 8:32am On Jul 11, 2020
The sevilla and celta matches barca fumbled

Cost them the league EOD

They should do and end this board and this pass to messi coaching tactics with clueless suarez and an aging team

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: Real Madrid Now Two Wins From Winnning La Liga After Beating Alaves by sotall(m): 8:32am On Jul 11, 2020
undecided

4 games four penalty

Someone bought the league this season

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Real Madrid Now Two Wins From Winnning La Liga After Beating Alaves by holuwajobar(m): 8:32am On Jul 11, 2020
Real Madrid is winning this league

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Real Madrid Now Two Wins From Winnning La Liga After Beating Alaves by ForeThinker: 8:33am On Jul 11, 2020
Hala Madrid

1 Share

Re: Real Madrid Now Two Wins From Winnning La Liga After Beating Alaves by zeusdgrt(m): 8:33am On Jul 11, 2020
Nice
Re: Real Madrid Now Two Wins From Winnning La Liga After Beating Alaves by Openbusiness3: 8:34am On Jul 11, 2020
Barcelona will still win. Real Madrid will lose their last two game............ yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee, who pour me cold wata? Day neva break na, make I enjoy my sleep sad

9 Likes

Re: Real Madrid Now Two Wins From Winnning La Liga After Beating Alaves by mysteriousman(m): 8:34am On Jul 11, 2020
Congratulations to Real Madrid in advance, more like 2 wins if Barca keeps winning too

19 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Real Madrid Now Two Wins From Winnning La Liga After Beating Alaves by Patrioticman007(m): 8:34am On Jul 11, 2020
There are only two football clubs in the world, Real Madrid and others.
The Kings of Champions League & La Liga.
Hala Madrid.

39 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Real Madrid Now Two Wins From Winnning La Liga After Beating Alaves by saheedbadmus(m): 8:34am On Jul 11, 2020
Next laliga champions

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Real Madrid Now Two Wins From Winnning La Liga After Beating Alaves by OkhaiAsein(m): 8:34am On Jul 11, 2020
good
Re: Real Madrid Now Two Wins From Winnning La Liga After Beating Alaves by Emax911: 8:34am On Jul 11, 2020
barca won't like this

28 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Real Madrid Now Two Wins From Winnning La Liga After Beating Alaves by OkhaiAsein(m): 8:34am On Jul 11, 2020
good
meanwhile, I'll design a professional logo for you at affordable price
Re: Real Madrid Now Two Wins From Winnning La Liga After Beating Alaves by Nord5100: 8:35am On Jul 11, 2020
sad
Re: Real Madrid Now Two Wins From Winnning La Liga After Beating Alaves by sevo(m): 8:36am On Jul 11, 2020
Barca fans right now

16 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Real Madrid Now Two Wins From Winnning La Liga After Beating Alaves by Hojuholape: 8:37am On Jul 11, 2020
Courtesy of VAR

2 Likes

Re: Real Madrid Now Two Wins From Winnning La Liga After Beating Alaves by Inerepamo(m): 8:38am On Jul 11, 2020
ValCon888:
Must Madrid win la Liga through Ojoro?
Penalties after penalties. And VAR is always on their side.
Nonsense.

oga shut up in the 15/16 barcelona was awarded 19 penalties in a single season the most in the history of laliga and no penalty was awarded against them in two years so what are you saying

88 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Real Madrid Now Two Wins From Winnning La Liga After Beating Alaves by obonujoker(m): 8:38am On Jul 11, 2020
Some people are still hopeful though... Instead of them to gba kamu that no trophy for them this season grin

Next coach going to Barcelona is Sarri grin

I actually want to see how a trophyless person would win Laliga player of the season after statpadding against lower teams.

Let's see whether scoring 30 goals to win nothing, is more important than scoring 10 goals importantly and winning a title grin

16 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Timi Ebikagboro Is Dead (Photos) / Andy Ruiz Jr Agrees To Fight Anthony Joshua In Saudi Arabia Rematch / I Never Wanted To Join Arsenal – Emiliano Martinez

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.