Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,908 members, 7,814,070 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 05:31 AM

Change In Engine Rave After Battery Replacement - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Change In Engine Rave After Battery Replacement (566 Views)

Hot Temps Effects In Engine Oil Viscosity Above +100 Oil Temp During Summer / What Happen When Fuel Is Poured Into Plug Hole In Engine Section Of A Car? / Honda Key Battery Replacement @ Lagos Island (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Change In Engine Rave After Battery Replacement by Magic1: 10:09am On Jul 11, 2020
I got a new 75Ah battery for my 03/04 Camry few days back and realized that my engine sound goes low when engaged in drive with the AC on. You could only feel air coming from the AC vent without chill except when the car moves, then you can feel the chill.
I took it to my local mechanic and he adjusted something on the accelerator pedal and I could notice the engine sound came up. I became happy and drove off but then, I realized that the engine trips when transmitting between gears.
I went back and he did adjust the acceleration pedal again but this, it went low again.

I feel this is the best he can do as the initial problem has returned. This particular problem started after I changed battery.

Car experts and car owners that has experienced this should please assist with possible solution as I wouldn’t want to gamble between mechanics. I need the engine to return to the usual peaceful rave. Please note that it’s a V6 engine.

Mods please help move this to front page for wider audience and assistance.
Re: Change In Engine Rave After Battery Replacement by homeboy205: 11:37am On Jul 11, 2020
Magic1:
I got a new 75Ah battery for my 03/04 Camry few days back and realized that my engine sound goes low when engaged in drive with the AC on. You could only feel air coming from the AC vent without chill except when the car moves, then you can feel the chill.
I took it to my local mechanic and he adjusted something on the accelerator pedal and I could notice the engine sound came up. I became happy and drove off but then, I realized that the engine trips when transmitting between gears.
I went back and he did adjust the acceleration pedal again but this, it went low again.

I feel this is the best he can do as the initial problem has returned. This particular problem started after I changed battery.

Car experts and car owners that has experienced this should please assist with possible solution as I wouldn’t want to gamble between mechanics. I need the engine to return to the usual peaceful rave. Please note that it’s a V6 engine.

You should have done this research first before going to that local quack mechanic...

Please learn from this in case of next time, the internet is at your hand all day any day....

It’s a simple fix and nothing is meant to be done in the acceleration pedal.

It’s all about your throttle body, I bet it’s too dirty with a lot of build up. That is what cause the low idle after battery change.

You can dIY throttle body cleaning for the year of your car, just watch some videos. But if you can’t, take it back to the mechanic and tell them to clean the throttle body(PLs note: they won’t understand the throttle body English, so just tell them injector mouth)

As for the adjusted throttle pedal, the manufacturer already set that and it’s not meant to be touched.

It’s not a big deal
Re: Change In Engine Rave After Battery Replacement by Magic1: 2:02pm On Jul 11, 2020
homeboy205:

You should have done this research first before going to that local quack mechanic...

Please learn from this in case of next time, the internet is at your hand all day any day....

It’s a simple fix and nothing is meant to be done in the acceleration pedal.

It’s all about your throttle body, I bet it’s too dirty with a lot of build up. That is what cause the low idle after battery change.

You can dIY throttle body cleaning for the year of your car, just watch some videos. But if you can’t, take it back to the mechanic and tell them to clean the throttle body(PLs note: they won’t understand the throttle body English, so just tell them injector mouth)

As for the adjusted throttle pedal, the manufacturer already set that and it’s not meant to be touched.

It’s not a big deal

Thanks. Is injector mouth the same as injector nozzle?
Re: Change In Engine Rave After Battery Replacement by homeboy205: 3:02pm On Jul 11, 2020
Magic1:

Thanks. Is injector mouth the same as injector nozzle?

No they are 2 different thing

They will understand when you tell them injector mouth

Also make sure your battery is disconnected when before starting the job so the car can reset afterwards
Re: Change In Engine Rave After Battery Replacement by Magic1: 8:08pm On Jul 11, 2020
homeboy205:

No they are 2 different thing

They will understand when you tell them injector mouth

Also make sure your battery is disconnected when before starting the job so the car can reset afterwards

Thanks for your input
Re: Change In Engine Rave After Battery Replacement by Ogbuu101: 1:59am On Jul 12, 2020
Magic1:

Your car is currently in what we call "idle re-learn",nothing wrong with it.
Continue driving it like that, it will normalize.

1 Like

Re: Change In Engine Rave After Battery Replacement by Magic1: 3:39am On Jul 12, 2020
Ogbuu101:

Your car is currently in what we call "idle re-learn",nothing wrong with it.
Continue driving it like that, it will normalize.

Thank you

(1) (Reply)

Sanwo Olu Unveils The First Locally Assembled Electric Car / Stolen Toyota Camry / Elton John’s 1988 Maserati Bit -turbo Spyder Is Now Up…

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.