Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,151 members, 7,818,473 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:40 PM

Yam Germinates In UNICAL Male Hostel While On Lockdown (Photos) - Education (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Yam Germinates In UNICAL Male Hostel While On Lockdown (Photos) (82036 Views)

University Of Abuja Student Burns Down Her Hostel While Holding A Knife / Lagos Government Demolishes Hostel While Students Were Still Inside (Video) / Rats Destroy ABSU Student's Property During Lockdown (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Yam Germinates In UNICAL Male Hostel While On Lockdown (Photos) by Nairalandmonika: 7:54pm On Jul 11, 2020
IamgratefulLord:

You're a smart ass. It's staged!! All the points you raised are cogent! smiley smiley kiss kiss
U are wrong jor, yam doesn't need water to germinate, u don't even need to plant yam b4 it germinate. Just leave it exposed to sunlight and it will germinate.

As for the windows, it could be two different rooms or the second window in the room, u can see the room as two windows.

It's obviously not stage, look at the strength of the stem, look at how it grew towards sunlight, look it how it curve around the things in the room, that's nature.
Re: Yam Germinates In UNICAL Male Hostel While On Lockdown (Photos) by hardbody: 7:55pm On Jul 11, 2020
NewDelhi:
But where did the yams get enough water to germinate to that extent?.. it's staged.

Moreover whey does the first picture have a different window from the second.

The first ha a sliding window,

The second which shows to stems to be moving in the same direction as the first have a louvers.

It's staged

Cc cool318 Akinola100

You are smart. Your future is bright.

1 Like

Re: Yam Germinates In UNICAL Male Hostel While On Lockdown (Photos) by Nairalandmonika: 7:59pm On Jul 11, 2020
Manuel69:

Lol. You no go blame them.

It's quite difficult to believe or understand if you know nothing about it. I know very much about because of the course I studied.

If one economist or lawyer or engineer choose to believe it's impossible, allow them bro
That's not it jor, I studied electrical electronics engineering, but I know yam germinate even if u don't plant n water it.
It's a common knowledge.
Re: Yam Germinates In UNICAL Male Hostel While On Lockdown (Photos) by Kollybaba0: 8:07pm On Jul 11, 2020
Moral of the story , farming is life .
Re: Yam Germinates In UNICAL Male Hostel While On Lockdown (Photos) by naturefellow(m): 8:15pm On Jul 11, 2020
cool318:

The question you will ask yourself is - where is the light coming from? If you can answer it, then you know the reason for the migration towards the source of light. Whether the window is closed or not, there is light shining there.

Plants are not mammals please!!
yes, we already know that Mr Lecturer. Now, give a chance to reason!
Re: Yam Germinates In UNICAL Male Hostel While On Lockdown (Photos) by LongLife4all: 8:25pm On Jul 11, 2020
Sebbs:
Omó my rice for school o

Forget that one. E don spoil.
Re: Yam Germinates In UNICAL Male Hostel While On Lockdown (Photos) by davidque007(m): 8:44pm On Jul 11, 2020
This is called Photothropism: the yam shoots are moving towards the light source
Re: Yam Germinates In UNICAL Male Hostel While On Lockdown (Photos) by davidque007(m): 8:49pm On Jul 11, 2020
NewDelhi:
But where did the yams get enough water to germinate to that extent?.. it's staged.

The second which shows to stems to be moving in the same direction as the first have a louvers.

It's staged

Cc cool318 Akinola100
Wow!!! Pls don't be an ignoramus. Nothing was staged. Its either you don't eat yam at all or it has never stayed long in your house. This is a very common occurrence with yam that you keep for long without eating. It doesn't need to be planted, the fluid in is enough to cause the shoots to grow
Re: Yam Germinates In UNICAL Male Hostel While On Lockdown (Photos) by davidque007(m): 8:50pm On Jul 11, 2020
hardbody:

You are smart. Your future is bright.
Stop the deceit and tell him the truth............except you are just as ignorant as he is
Re: Yam Germinates In UNICAL Male Hostel While On Lockdown (Photos) by Goalnaldo(m): 9:02pm On Jul 11, 2020
Lizzydonnah:

Lol, really? Are you saying farmers don't have ambitions?
I'm disappointed at what he said. As if the yam, cassava, potatoes he eats falls from the Sky.
Re: Yam Germinates In UNICAL Male Hostel While On Lockdown (Photos) by Offpoint: 9:21pm On Jul 11, 2020
JAOS:
the stems went out to the direction of the sun,amazing!
That's its source of food... Every living thing does same.
Re: Yam Germinates In UNICAL Male Hostel While On Lockdown (Photos) by earnit3: 9:23pm On Jul 11, 2020
Ye
Re: Yam Germinates In UNICAL Male Hostel While On Lockdown (Photos) by deolu2000(m): 9:28pm On Jul 11, 2020
Can we conclude that this Coroyam?
Re: Yam Germinates In UNICAL Male Hostel While On Lockdown (Photos) by Lizzydonnah(f): 9:31pm On Jul 11, 2020
Goalnaldo:
I'm disappointed at what he said. As if the yam, cassava, potatoes he eats falls from the Sky.
Don't mind him jare, person wey him mama suppose still dey give breast.
Re: Yam Germinates In UNICAL Male Hostel While On Lockdown (Photos) by Goalnaldo(m): 9:35pm On Jul 11, 2020
Lizzydonnah:

Don't mind him jare, person wey him mama suppose still dey give breast.
lol. E fit senior you sha but his statement didn't make sense.
Re: Yam Germinates In UNICAL Male Hostel While On Lockdown (Photos) by Manuel69: 9:55pm On Jul 11, 2020
Nairalandmonika:

That's not it jor, I studied electrical electronics engineering, but I know yam germinate even if u don't plant n water it.
It's a common knowledge.

Hahaha. I get it
Re: Yam Germinates In UNICAL Male Hostel While On Lockdown (Photos) by Focusmind: 11:19pm On Jul 11, 2020
My concern is the decrepit building they call Hostel. I pity and sympathize with Nigerian youths especially those that are not opportune to travel out of this country to school. When you school abroad, you will understand the magnitude of damage that have been done to our educational system.
Environment is everything. The environment you grow, live, school, work and play has role to play in shaping your thoughts and life.

Our dirty and unhygienic environment is becoming a norm and acceptable as a way of life.

See how the whole place is looking like an abandoned concentration camp.
Re: Yam Germinates In UNICAL Male Hostel While On Lockdown (Photos) by bobokunlexzy: 11:47pm On Jul 11, 2020
We were approaching the rainy season/period prior to the lockdown.....so I guess the room was damp enough to give moisture & the windows were not totally shut thus allowing air & rays of sunshine.
Therefore the next thing is for germination to start. Most tubers especially yam, doesn't need to be planted in the soil for germination to take place.
Re: Yam Germinates In UNICAL Male Hostel While On Lockdown (Photos) by Liposure: 12:20am On Jul 12, 2020
OgbeniOptional:
Back then in Independence all, my roommates yam always look like that any time we resume from any strike or long break. That shit used to scare the 4k out of me...

back then in tedder hall
Re: Yam Germinates In UNICAL Male Hostel While On Lockdown (Photos) by NisforNicky: 1:45am On Jul 12, 2020
Gemineye:
Op which school actually. undecided i saw this same pic in someone's WhatsApp status tagging a diff sch

I saw UNN
Re: Yam Germinates In UNICAL Male Hostel While On Lockdown (Photos) by TheStarsAlign: 2:09am On Jul 12, 2020
The incident might be possible but this particular story has been manipulated and it's not true.

2 Reasons: (There are actually more than 2 reasons)

Picture 1 has a sliding window while picture 2 has a louvre window

Picture 1 is a middle floor (decked) while picture 2 has a ceiling which simply means it is either a bungalow or last floor.

The question is why try to manipulate the story ?

Anyways, what do I know.. I'm just passing ni o jare cool grin

Re: Yam Germinates In UNICAL Male Hostel While On Lockdown (Photos) by Adetee17(m): 2:30am On Jul 12, 2020
I don't know about the first picture,but I'm 100% sure the other pictures are from ETF Hall in OAU..

Plus,I'm shocked some people think it's staged��‍♂️
Re: Yam Germinates In UNICAL Male Hostel While On Lockdown (Photos) by Demayour: 6:32am On Jul 12, 2020
Kayharry:
sound like jumanji

A UIte?
Re: Yam Germinates In UNICAL Male Hostel While On Lockdown (Photos) by Nackzy: 6:48am On Jul 12, 2020
JAOS:
that's called phototropism...Only science student will understand it or general readers
Re: Yam Germinates In UNICAL Male Hostel While On Lockdown (Photos) by harffie(m): 7:21am On Jul 12, 2020
JAOS:
Lol, that's biology..#phototropism
Re: Yam Germinates In UNICAL Male Hostel While On Lockdown (Photos) by eagleonearth(m): 8:48am On Jul 12, 2020
JAOS:
that's called phototropism in biology
Re: Yam Germinates In UNICAL Male Hostel While On Lockdown (Photos) by fmcjunior(m): 9:06am On Jul 12, 2020
NewDelhi:

Don't blame me, I have better ambitions than planting tubers of yam in my backyard. To add to that, I'm an extremely busy person. . You have the experience, that's what you do for a living so please put us through and explain better.

Mind you I'm not discrediting farmers, infact I love farmers and farming and there are lots of wealthy ones out there. But there and farmers and there are farmers. When I say farming, I don't mean backyard shit.
How did you know I'm a farmer? So because I have an idea makes me a farmer?
Re: Yam Germinates In UNICAL Male Hostel While On Lockdown (Photos) by kleverley(m): 10:40am On Jul 12, 2020
I'm a malabite,please there's no hostel like this in Unical.

None of our halls be like this oo
Re: Yam Germinates In UNICAL Male Hostel While On Lockdown (Photos) by Lematin(m): 11:18am On Jul 12, 2020
NewDelhi:

It's staged

Cc cool318 Akinola100

What a nice observation
Thumbs up for you
Re: Yam Germinates In UNICAL Male Hostel While On Lockdown (Photos) by Tonitoniton(m): 11:24am On Jul 12, 2020
wow! the pictures remind me of my year one experiences in one of those rooms in malabor. it brought back some fond memories. i miss malabor sha. malabitic oporosis. great malabites!!!!
Re: Yam Germinates In UNICAL Male Hostel While On Lockdown (Photos) by obadotun01(f): 11:25am On Jul 12, 2020
NewDelhi:

It's staged

Cc cool318 Akinola100
It is true o, they never knew there are sensible people reading this

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Six Hardest Courses To Study In Nigeria / ASUP Strike / Problems Of Research Methodology In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.