Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,738 members, 7,820,543 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:47 PM

Governor Lamido Releases His Prisoner After Chains Of Insults And Curses. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Governor Lamido Releases His Prisoner After Chains Of Insults And Curses. (2500 Views)

Fayose Releases His Phone Number To Ekiti People / BUSTED: Sanusi Lamido Releases Fake Pic Of Under-age Bride To Deflect Attention / Ex-governor Lamido's Supporters Scale Airport Fence To Welcome Him (PHOTOS) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Governor Lamido Releases His Prisoner After Chains Of Insults And Curses. by violent(m): 6:56pm On Feb 03, 2011
Moukhtar Ibrahim Aminu, the   Nigerian citizen who was arrested and detained for 10 days for insulting" Governor Sule Lamido of Jigawa State on Facebook, has been released following an international uproar.

Moukhtar had been thrown behind bars by a Dutse magistrate judge, Mustapha Saad, who ordered that he be remanded in prison until February 7th, 2011.

Moukhtar's father, Alhaji Aminu Moukhtar told SaharaReporters today that the Attorney General of Jigawa state discontinued the case suddenly.  He said after Moukhtar was released, the governor’s aides requested that their principal wanted to see him at the Governor's Lodge to "discipline" him as a father, a proposal Alhaji Moukhtar said he rejected.  The governor then threatened to re-arrest Moukhtar and try him under the Sharia law.

Moukhtar and his father have since fled Jigawa state.  He said they drove all night to Kano where Moukhtar remains hospitalized at an undisclosed hospital.
Moukhtar was first detained by the police in Abuja for 10 days after Governor Lamido reported him to the police for "criminal defamation" regarding his Facebook postings against the governor.  Moukhtar was moved to Dutse on Monday and charged under a strange law.  Following his night in prison custody, the story went international after SaharaReporters published the story, with Governor Lamido suffering the scorn and contempt of posters across the world.   The UK-based Nigeria Liberty Forum (NLF) also began a massive campaign to seek the release of Moukhtar from prison.
Alhaji Ibrahim Aminu says he plans to go into hiding with his son to avoid further arrest and detention.

http://www.saharareporters.com/news-page/nigerian-accused-insulting-governor-facebook-released
Re: Governor Lamido Releases His Prisoner After Chains Of Insults And Curses. by violent(m): 7:01pm On Feb 03, 2011
who says people's voice don't count?
Re: Governor Lamido Releases His Prisoner After Chains Of Insults And Curses. by opensecret: 7:52pm On Feb 03, 2011
very commendable of the governor. To release him that is.

people should watch how they malign others online.
Re: Governor Lamido Releases His Prisoner After Chains Of Insults And Curses. by Ikengawo: 8:06pm On Feb 03, 2011
LOL vioolent, i was about to say the same thing.
And people are here saying nigerians don't stand up to their leaders.
Re: Governor Lamido Releases His Prisoner After Chains Of Insults And Curses. by Nobody: 8:07pm On Feb 03, 2011
abeg make we begin dey yab gej for fb cheesy cheesy
Re: Governor Lamido Releases His Prisoner After Chains Of Insults And Curses. by Nobody: 8:22pm On Feb 03, 2011
@ oyb, maybe the next time he makes a major gaffe. Most people on his fb page lick his arse like he is an emperor.
Re: Governor Lamido Releases His Prisoner After Chains Of Insults And Curses. by MaJBlige(f): 8:54pm On Feb 03, 2011
Read this:

You will know its not okay to speak ill against people:

British Teen Banned From U.S. for Life After Sending Obscene E-Mail to Obama

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/world/2010/09/13/british-teen-banned-life-sending-obscene-e-mail-obama/#ixzz1CuUCboot

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2010/09/13/british-teen-banned-life-sending-obscene-e-mail-obama/
Re: Governor Lamido Releases His Prisoner After Chains Of Insults And Curses. by violent(m): 9:02pm On Feb 03, 2011
^^^

who says it's not okay?  citing a single isolated case is hardly sufficient against a backdrop of millions of insults and curses flying across continents on a daily basis. I shouldn't deserve to be locked up because i think my neighbor is a m'oron
Re: Governor Lamido Releases His Prisoner After Chains Of Insults And Curses. by Gbawe: 9:12pm On Feb 03, 2011
opensecret:

You must be the Governor himself because there is nothing commendable about Lamido "releasing" this young man. Some of us , sadly have been subjugated by the dictatorial style of authority in Nigeria for too long that we don't even know we are talking undemocratically and endorsing what is wrong . The Governor should not be empowered , if we have strong institutions, to bring about this boys arrest in the first place let alone get praise for "releasing " him. Read about what happened and you will see many attempts of deliberate misinterpretation of the law to arrest this guy and keep him locked up. I guess you missed what is written below , that confirms the nearnderthal thinking of the "commendable" Governor , before you commented:

the governor’s aides requested that their principal wanted to see him at the Governor's Lodge to "discipline" him as a father
shocked shocked shocked
Re: Governor Lamido Releases His Prisoner After Chains Of Insults And Curses. by nwabobo: 9:20pm On Feb 03, 2011
That guy should be watched closely cos he's got some Mutallabic tendencies.
Re: Governor Lamido Releases His Prisoner After Chains Of Insults And Curses. by TewMuch: 9:26pm On Feb 03, 2011
This little boy lost his chance at being a serious activist when he involved religion and most probably ethnicity in his rant. If he kept it political and demanded serious change then i will be moved. All he did was reign curses and abuses to an obviously sensitive Lamido. I dont know, but to me his statements were on the verge inciting violence and insinuating many things. Any crazed illiterate fanatic (there are many in the north) can take up his cross/words and do serious damage. The guy should definitely be warned and investigated. If you want to be taken seriously, then you do so in a way that people will respect you. We should learn a lot from the Tucson shootings, even though Nigerian politician's dont deserve such protection.
Re: Governor Lamido Releases His Prisoner After Chains Of Insults And Curses. by opensecret: 11:55pm On Feb 03, 2011
Gbawe i am 100% sure if or when this youth gets to a leadership position, he wont tolerate dissent in any shape or form, and may,in fact, descend harshly on anyone who does what he`s doing now.
Re: Governor Lamido Releases His Prisoner After Chains Of Insults And Curses. by Gbawe: 12:20am On Feb 04, 2011
opensecret:

Gbawe i am 100% sure if or when this youth gets to a leadership position, he wont tolerate dissent in any shape or form, and may,in fact, descend harshly on anyone who does what he`s doing now.

Two wrongs don't make a right . We can't worry about what this young man will do in future because we would be merely speculating and guessing . We must however question the real and current actions and judgement of a Governor who wields great influence over the lives of many Nigerians.
Re: Governor Lamido Releases His Prisoner After Chains Of Insults And Curses. by Nobody: 11:35am On Feb 04, 2011
opensecret:

I agree with you . . . It's totally wrong, what the guy said!

If someone said that to me, I'd be tempted to take him to court too . . . undecided
Re: Governor Lamido Releases His Prisoner After Chains Of Insults And Curses. by anonimi: 11:53am On Feb 04, 2011
Chase the Hooligans-in-Power (HiPs) out and vote in better candidates.

Remember to RSVP -

Register;
Select and sponsor(your candidates);
Vote;
Protect your votes;

Let this be our motto for this election period.
Copy and text the motto to as many as possible on your GSM (and/or email) and several times during the voter registration period.
One Man, One Vote!!!

Btw, I hope everyone who is in Nigeria and posting on this thread has registered so that our househelps, meiguards, drivers etc do not vote in leaders on our BEHALF. And for those not in 9ja I hope they have mobilised their folks and friends back home to register.
Re: Governor Lamido Releases His Prisoner After Chains Of Insults And Curses. by everesting: 12:43pm On Feb 04, 2011
in a just society this governor should face the wrath of the law for what he has done. grin
Re: Governor Lamido Releases His Prisoner After Chains Of Insults And Curses. by Tcrack(m): 12:46pm On Feb 04, 2011
even though its a good thing the young man has been released, i still think what he did was wrong and his words were extreme to say the least. internet or not, you have to watch what you say to/about others.
Re: Governor Lamido Releases His Prisoner After Chains Of Insults And Curses. by hollandis(f): 1:10pm On Feb 04, 2011
God punish lamido,make dem come arrest me,I dey wait
Re: Governor Lamido Releases His Prisoner After Chains Of Insults And Curses. by Shock(m): 1:16pm On Feb 04, 2011
hollandis:

if dem born you well, put your real names and address for here. it's not a pleasant sight when cowards dare
Re: Governor Lamido Releases His Prisoner After Chains Of Insults And Curses. by 1025: 1:23pm On Feb 04, 2011
does he have a choice? the answer is no. in tunisia, the president ran away from his father's throne. in suddan, the ppl are saying we no go gree while in egypt, the president is asking that they let him remain till september and they said no. i prophesy; if these criminals refuse to change any moment from now, egypt and tunisia will be a child's play in what will happen here.
i know that gov must have felt my anger.
there is one shameless thing(beaf) here that supported the gov. i know by now, he must be in a great shock on the gov's u turn.
Re: Governor Lamido Releases His Prisoner After Chains Of Insults And Curses. by persist: 2:38pm On Feb 04, 2011

You will be suprised that your Ip address for the last 2544 post you have made are being logged by Nairaland land and statistics can be done to see the one you use mostly and narrow down your location. God catch you if you are using multilinks or starcomms , grin grin grin
Re: Governor Lamido Releases His Prisoner After Chains Of Insults And Curses. by Nobody: 2:48pm On Feb 04, 2011
Useless man !
Re: Governor Lamido Releases His Prisoner After Chains Of Insults And Curses. by mygee33(m): 3:27pm On Feb 04, 2011
why wouldn't he release him. go see what happened to de governor's facebook page
http://www.facebook.com/#!/group.php?gid=67151009377&v=wall
Re: Governor Lamido Releases His Prisoner After Chains Of Insults And Curses. by mygee33(m): 3:28pm On Feb 04, 2011
Re: Governor Lamido Releases His Prisoner After Chains Of Insults And Curses. by muhdT: 7:10pm On Feb 04, 2011
Most of our leaders are very wicked and heartless. Though, i too also have someone similar to rain course on which is Engr Mukhtar Ahmad representing suleja/tafa/gurara constituency of Niger state. He has been a waste to his birth place by seating in the chamber and just decieving the people is representing. He should come out and tell us a good specific project he executed that impact peoples life in his constituency. I really regret having that kind of foolish leader to represent my constituency at the legislative chamber. He may do whatever he wants to do to me but Allah will judge us all cos he is the judge of all judges. 2011 is here again, please nigerians let vote wisely. To the shameless engr from my constituency, i had that you are looking towards second term in the house. Go and die there, then we see if you will go to heaven with the legislative seat. 2011 will be the breakthrough for nigeria leadership.
Re: Governor Lamido Releases His Prisoner After Chains Of Insults And Curses. by udezue(m): 7:18pm On Feb 04, 2011
Beaf is just a douchebag who thinks he is smart. He sees a clear case of human right's violation yet supports it. Gov Lamido is power crazed wicked idiot.
Re: Governor Lamido Releases His Prisoner After Chains Of Insults And Curses. by dammytosh: 3:06pm On Feb 05, 2011
God will help Nigeria. The liberty the west enjoyed is one of the reason they are breeding future terrorists.

What the boy posted should be condemned by anybody who has got brains. He was not criticizing the governor. Those words sound like phrases from a terrorrist and should be treated as such.

However, arresting him without any law to back it up should not be encouraged but not hailing the spoilt brat that he is a hero.

I wonder how that rubbish from the boy can change the lots of Jigawa citizens.

-My Opinion.
Re: Governor Lamido Releases His Prisoner After Chains Of Insults And Curses. by JonI1(f): 10:59pm On Feb 06, 2011
What exactly did Moukthar Aminu say about Lamido ? None of the news reports I've read say.

(1) (Reply)

10 African Leaders Who Died In Office Between 2005 & 2012 / Buhari's Legacy As Minister Of Petroleum. / Content Of The QR Code On Centenary 100 Naira Note

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.