Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,019 members, 7,838,560 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 04:29 AM

False Rape Allegation Should Also Be Punishable (opinion) - Crime (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / False Rape Allegation Should Also Be Punishable (opinion) (15000 Views)

Canadian Lady Says Men Should Shut Up And Accept False Rape Allegations (pics) / #JusticeForIzu: Izu Madubueze Commits Suicide After False Rape Accusation / Dr Olufunmilayo Responds To Bola Aseyan Rape Allegation – We Had Sex Twice (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: False Rape Allegation Should Also Be Punishable (opinion) by martowskin1(m): 5:06am On Jul 12, 2020
4Play:
As most rapes occur in private settings with no eyewitnesses, it's inevitable that there are incidents of false accusations. But the reality is that false accusations are relatively few compared to the true incidents of rape (most of which is unreported).

This obsession with the idea that women are going around falsely alleging rape and that this should be given as equal an emphasis as we give to tackling rape reflects a culture of denial that you get in a society where sexual violence is rampant.

Although it's very difficult to ascertain, there have been many recent studies of false rape accusations which suggest false accusations constitute up to 10% at most of reported rapes, some suggest as low as 1-2%. Admittedly, these studies are in the west but there is no reason to believe Nigerian women are more inclined to lie about rape given a cultural context where the menfolk are more interested in accusing every female alleged rape victim of being a liar.

If proper study is carried out in Nigeria. U will realise over 50% of adult rape accusations are false.

The only rape story I doubt can be false are rape on minors.

Most of this adults are just one night stand gone wrong.

Look at our social media space, all adult rape accusations are made on powerful and successful men, has anyone been made on a mechanic or bricklayer?... No.

Rape accusation is a powerful get back, even If the accused is not jailed, his image and life will never remain the same
Re: False Rape Allegation Should Also Be Punishable (opinion) by tunjilana: 6:38am On Jul 12, 2020
The only law needed is the one that stops people from going online to report rape rather than going to a police Station to report same.

It is obvious defamation will happen regardless of how the case goes. So if it happens, report it and let the law take its cause. After conviction then you can go to social media to further let the world know what a monster the person is.
Re: False Rape Allegation Should Also Be Punishable (opinion) by Nobody: 7:11am On Jul 12, 2020
leye4u:

What's the proof that the white wattery substance in your skull is the brain that controls your whole body, what proof do you have thay is it possible for that watery substance to be programmed to keep all the memory files it keeps.......
Be deceiving yourself, the guy sef get time to be preaching to people like ...you dont deserve his precious time.
Go learn about Neurons or you know what? let's follow your thinking, you may be right, i don't have a proof that, the same way Noah, Jesus, heaven, hell or God existence cannot be proved, it"s all believes, sheer hopes and imaginations. believes, hope and imaginations are not facts, i can worships a cat as my God atleast i can see the cat and what it looks like, but the sky God or Jesus are based on images, a handsome white man with long blonde hair grin grin and oh! worry about your own salvation not mine i am fine. grin why did you even bother responding to my comment?
Re: False Rape Allegation Should Also Be Punishable (opinion) by Nobody: 7:22am On Jul 12, 2020
Originakalokalo:

There is no excuse for you anymore...

You have heard.

God bless you.
is that all? you didn't even try to dispute my assertions? grin grin typical brainwashed so called Jesus worshipper, they never want to ask questions or give explainations they just keep repeating the same stale tales robotically.
Re: False Rape Allegation Should Also Be Punishable (opinion) by TemmyT002(m): 8:07am On Jul 12, 2020
It is because most ladies think they are doing you a favor when you have sex with them. They think when you have sex with them, it is a privilege. If you offend them, they will just shout sexual harassment or rape and you are in soup.
Life imprisonment will be cool
Re: False Rape Allegation Should Also Be Punishable (opinion) by deebrain(m): 8:42am On Jul 12, 2020
100% supported.
Re: False Rape Allegation Should Also Be Punishable (opinion) by seanwilliam(m): 10:48am On Jul 12, 2020
nnadychuks:
Wait oh... those girls who falsely accuse people of rape, there’s nothing to gain; not even money... is it witchcraft that’s doing you?
But to be frank, there shouldn’t be any punishment for false accusers, because some might be true, but without the right evidence they become fruitless accusations...
Some girls accuse people as payback for a failed relationship to get back at the guy, especially when he’s started making money. My own advise is that if u must Bleep and u no want any strings, at least give her 3k to fix her nails.
I pray and hope that by year end, someone accuses you wrongly of rape.. you will know the true meaning by then .. idiot
Re: False Rape Allegation Should Also Be Punishable (opinion) by Originakalokalo(m): 10:50am On Jul 12, 2020
gypsey:
is that all? you didn't even try to dispute my assertions? grin grin typical brainwashed so called Jesus worshipper, they never want to ask questions or give explainations they just keep repeating the same stale tales robotically.
o

List your assertions.

Let me dispute them.

However, your soul's salvation is important than any argument or Sentiments.

Jesus is the only way to the Father.

The scripture says that anyone who does not believe in him is condemned already.
Re: False Rape Allegation Should Also Be Punishable (opinion) by nnadychuks(m): 10:59am On Jul 12, 2020
seanwilliam:
I pray and hope that by year end, someone accuses you wrongly of rape.. you will know the true meaning by then .. idiot
I hope that before this year runs out someone rapes your sister, but without proper evidence to back up her accusations she ends up in jail. Amen
Re: False Rape Allegation Should Also Be Punishable (opinion) by clickwtB(m): 11:07am On Jul 12, 2020
SAY A BIG NO TO RAPE!SAY A VERY BIG NO TO RAPE!!!!
SAY A BIG NO FALSE ALLEGATION/ACCUSATION!!!
Re: False Rape Allegation Should Also Be Punishable (opinion) by seanwilliam(m): 11:08am On Jul 12, 2020
meobizy:
Women are more evil than their male counterparts. Anybody who doesn't know this is obviously under thirty years of age.
bro I'm under 30, and I know that women are evil.. since last year, anytime I want to have sex with a girl ( olosho inclusive self) , I will clearly tell her LET'S FHUCK, I swear I no dey do corner corner romance. I go tell you straight away let's fhuck. And you must tell me " YES baby"... if you no gree, I go enter bathroom , mastubate ,come back to bed and start pressing my phone till I sleep off.. snd if I wake up,i go discharge you without mercy...unilagolodo guy don teach me lesson..
Re: False Rape Allegation Should Also Be Punishable (opinion) by seanwilliam(m): 11:11am On Jul 12, 2020
nnadychuks:
I hope that before this year runs out someone rapes your sister, but without proper evidence to back up her accusations she ends up in jail. Amen
oobi, all of us na boys ...oobi grin
Re: False Rape Allegation Should Also Be Punishable (opinion) by Kalatium(m): 11:11am On Jul 12, 2020
mamaafrik:
Yes,let it be severely punishable,like cutting the lady's left breast.
Let the ones in support say "Hi" and those against say "nay",......����
The "Hi men " have it
Lol
Re: False Rape Allegation Should Also Be Punishable (opinion) by seanwilliam(m): 11:13am On Jul 12, 2020
mamaafrik:
Yes,let it be severely punishable,like cutting the lady's left breast.
Let the ones in support say "Hi" and those against say "nay",......����
The "Hi men " have it
anytime I'm watching legislative plenary, I dey always listen but I never knew the bolded is word sha.. thanks for this.
Re: False Rape Allegation Should Also Be Punishable (opinion) by Kalatium(m): 11:15am On Jul 12, 2020
lexander:

You think that way because you haven't been a victim, my life today is a testimony it happened to me when I very around 19 and the girl on question was either 9 or 10 I can't really recall, everyone believed her story even my mom but the funny thing was I was entertaining a female at home that very day and we have been talking for over 3 hours . The moment we stepped out of the house I saw a crowd accusing me of raping a girl I don't even talk to or send in errands. Luckily some elderly women felt something was wrong so they took the girl to check if anything was wrong with her only to discover it was all a lie. When she was asked why she lied against me she said she did it because her mom wanted to beat like she usually does (she the type that plays alot and leaves the house even when her home is at home)....
Now imagine if the truth wasn't revealed I would have either been in jail or probably killed by an overzealous relative over something I didn't do yet you're saying no punishment should be given to false accusers are you kidding?
Haaa this is not good.
Thank God you were vindicated

1 Like

Re: False Rape Allegation Should Also Be Punishable (opinion) by Kalatium(m): 11:15am On Jul 12, 2020
Missyajoke:
Nawa ohhh One needs to be very careful
I tell you
Re: False Rape Allegation Should Also Be Punishable (opinion) by Kalatium(m): 11:17am On Jul 12, 2020
Lumig:

Guy you don forget Joseph and Potiphar's wife??
These females ehn, I dey avoid them like plague ni o(except my family) . They are very manipulative and deceitful. Devils in human skin

Joseph was the first man to be accused of rape thousand years ago.
Some people are wicked

1 Like

Re: False Rape Allegation Should Also Be Punishable (opinion) by Kalatium(m): 11:18am On Jul 12, 2020
AfroKnight:

The point is false rape accusations should be treated as separate from slander and defamation. It needs a law that addresses it specifically. The reason women do not desist from false rape accusation is because the consequences are not serious and the victim is often bullied into forgiving the accuser.
I agree with you

1 Like

Re: False Rape Allegation Should Also Be Punishable (opinion) by Missyajoke(f): 11:19am On Jul 12, 2020
Kalatium:

I tell you

Nawa didn't know people can go to the extent of alleging they were raped to punish a person.
All the stories I read are very painful
cry cry cry cry
Re: False Rape Allegation Should Also Be Punishable (opinion) by Kalatium(m): 11:20am On Jul 12, 2020
backbone503:
A man be easily incarcerated by slamming a rape allegation on him. The law has to be made to protect men too.
Yes
Re: False Rape Allegation Should Also Be Punishable (opinion) by Kalatium(m): 11:22am On Jul 12, 2020
KingRoiz:
It's intact the best to accord the SAME punishment for rape, for any false rape accusations.

But wait o. Why is male rape not also seen as rape?
According to Nigeria constitution only a male can rape. Thus a woman Raping a man is not recognized.
Re: False Rape Allegation Should Also Be Punishable (opinion) by Kalatium(m): 11:23am On Jul 12, 2020
komekn:

I know a Premiership footballer that was accused of rape by a very calculating and scheming girl. He was absolutely innocent but the cost of defending the allegation would cost him £millions.

The time it takes to go court, you will be suspended from the club pending investigation and the case outcome, expensive lawyers to defend you will get up to £500k.

Then you loose commercial endorsements as well as your reputation. If your not careful all the femininist groups will join the bandwagon and you become bad news.

So my friend paid her and got her to sign a non disclosure agreement. It cost him just over £100k to pay the cold-hearted **** off.

In the scheme of things this seemed to be the best option.

The price to fight for your right could cost you you're life. False rape allegations is now big business.

Players have learned their lessons at least th wise ones. It may seem voyeuristic but the wise ones now have cctv and other hidden camera in their houses.
Very sad
Re: False Rape Allegation Should Also Be Punishable (opinion) by Kalatium(m): 11:28am On Jul 12, 2020
CorperKola:

You sound intelligent, thats why I will reply you.
you said its like every crime like armed robbery and murder or what not.
you are very wrong!
lemme tell you why
do you have murder victims' rights advocates on twitter everyday shouting about what their victims went through
do you have pple tweeting or posting 'Teach our young boys not to rob or murder!!'
or hastag 'say no to armed robbery'!
Do you have organized associations or pressure groups specifically for armed robbery victims or any other crime for that matter
women are highly emotional and not only that
they have the power to make other people emotional too
there are many cases of convictions of rape being overturned because one other person confessed.
something that should never have happened
how were they convicted in the first instance??
women will never allow rape cases to be tried in court objectively, they will always asume guilt , therby putting pressure on society and the judicial system to punish someone
they dont really care if an innocent person is punished, as long as someone is punished!!
any person accused of rape is guilty in their own eyes!
I think all these should be pretty obvious by now
but what do i know??
to be fair though, rape is a highly emotional issue, apparently even men can throw reason out of the door and embrace the urge to just find someone to punish or make excuses for such behaviour.
Brilliant
Re: False Rape Allegation Should Also Be Punishable (opinion) by Kalatium(m): 11:33am On Jul 12, 2020
blank:
False accusations should be punishable. However, it has to be proven to be false not just that the rape allegation could not be proven to be true. There's a big distinction, if not, you'll be punishing the victim twice. First time for being raped, second time for not being able to prove the rape allegation.

I agree 100 %
Re: False Rape Allegation Should Also Be Punishable (opinion) by mamaafrik(m): 12:39pm On Jul 12, 2020
seanwilliam:
anytime I'm watching legislative plenary, I dey always listen but I never knew the bolded is word sha.. thanks for this.
you are welcome zazzy.
Re: False Rape Allegation Should Also Be Punishable (opinion) by nnadychuks(m): 12:55pm On Jul 12, 2020
lexander:
also pls read this post

https://www.nairaland.com/4979610/man-beaten-death-after-girls
I think the topic there is about jungle justice. It happened with Aluu Pottharcourt boys and it’s still happening now. Let’s start by curbing jungle justice first.
Re: False Rape Allegation Should Also Be Punishable (opinion) by Nobody: 1:16pm On Jul 12, 2020
Originakalokalo:
o

List your assertions.

Let me dispute them.

However, your soul's salvation is important than any argument or Sentiments.

Jesus is the only way to the Father.

The scripture says that anyone who does not believe in him is condemned already.

more like questions, i asked, do you have any proofs that Noah and all that storm story ever happened.

again, what do you imagine Jesus and God to look like?

what does satan or devil looks like? were is heaven or hell located? how would one know if they are in heaven or hell?
Re: False Rape Allegation Should Also Be Punishable (opinion) by Originakalokalo(m): 1:28pm On Jul 12, 2020
gypsey:

more like questions, i asked, do you have any proofs that Noah and all that storm story ever happened.

what does satan or devil looks like? were is heaven or hell located? how would one know if they are in heaven or hell?

The storm in the days of Noah happened more than 600 hundred years before the time of Jesus...

This is what Jesus said about it...
Luke 17 (KJV)
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
²⁶ And as it was in the days of Noe, so shall it be also in the days of the Son of man.

²⁷ They did eat, they drank, they married wives, they were given in marriage, until the day that Noe entered into the ark, and the flood came, and destroyed them all.

Jesus confirmed that the incidence took the world by surprise. That occurrence survived centuries in the history of man, down to the time of Jesus.

Jesus confirmed it, I believe it.
Re: False Rape Allegation Should Also Be Punishable (opinion) by Originakalokalo(m): 1:31pm On Jul 12, 2020
gypsey:

God is invisible, he sits on a throne, so dreadful that words can not describe.

Jesus exists bodily. All of God is shown in his begotten son Jesus Christ.....
Re: False Rape Allegation Should Also Be Punishable (opinion) by Originakalokalo(m): 1:35pm On Jul 12, 2020
gypsey:

Devil was a cherubim with the glory of God around him. He fell and thus became filthy because the Glory if God departed from him.....

I have not see him before, but I know that he cannot be beautiful anymore.

Hell and heaven exists in the spiritual realm.

Jesus said they exist, I believe that they exist.
Re: False Rape Allegation Should Also Be Punishable (opinion) by CorperKola: 1:41pm On Jul 12, 2020
Xisnin:

What is wrong with having advocacy groups for a crime which is only wrong in certain circumstance(consensual sex is legal)?
How does having advocacy groups necessitate the need for special revenge laws on alleged false accusers?
The advocacy group are actually a good thing as their campaign will likley prevent some rapes that could
have occurred due to ignorance about consent.

There are advocacy groups for domestic violence and child abuse.
There are advocacy groups for animal rights.
There are more advocacy groups, hashtags and others against racism and being accused in certain jurisdictions
could result in financial ruin and becoming social pariah.
But I am yet to see many people asking for special criminal laws to punish false accusers.
What is obtained is civil suits for damages in case of mistakes.

These myths have been debunked already.
Men are as emotional women.
It is the expressions that differ because men tend to bottle up emotion due to socialization and explode later
while women respond quicker. They also tend to overexpress "strong" emotion such as rage.
In fact, if we factor out emotions from the violent crime committed by men,
we will have a lot less prison population.

The extant and historical facts that men mostly lead every movement that requires bending people's will
negates your assertion. Cult groups, political movements, and organizations
requiring ultimate sacrifice have mostly being led by men who are supposedly not
able to make people emotional while the alleged masters play second fiddle.

Perhaps you mean some people feel more sympathy for victims of rape?
So what?
Some people feel more sympathy for kid victims of abuse than adult victims but this is largely
because they consider kids weaker than their abuser thus needing more support. This same principle
is applied in the case of rape more so among those who believe women to be weaker.

Can you list such cases that occur in Nigeria?

Why shouldn't it have happened?
What is so special about rape that 100% of the convictions have to be correct, a number that is
statistically improbable for every other crime?

People get convicted wrongly all the time for various reasons even when there is another
suspect. Some innocent people even get executed. Did you imagine that all those behind bars are guilty?

This is preposterous.
Women don't control the courts, judges do.
Perhaps, you should try and visit a police station or get court records to understand the
Nigerian justice system treatment of rape cases.
Very few cases actually get to court.
Usually due to lack of evidence, family and community pressure, outright bribery of poor parents, and intimidation.
Many of those that get to court get dragged, dismissed due to incompetent prosecutors and other reasons.

From 1973 to 2015, only about 65 people were convicted in Nigeria.
If you are right, we would expect those firebrand women to have been forcing the courts to jail suspect en masse, but no evidence
of such. The so-called emotional women activists are either useless or non-existent.
Rape cases in Nigeria almost never result in a conviction, exceptions been those perpetrated by pedophiles or gangs.

Even in the so-called women-friendly American courts, an average man(racism aside) is more likely to be convicted for assault than rape
because of the higher informal evidence threshold. It is even more challenging in the UK which requires judges to use their own personal
experience to determine case validity giving a further advantage to suspect in cases with terse evidence.

There is also a myth that women blindly support women's goals.
But this is demonstrably false from history and some research has shown that more educated men
supports certain women's issues more than women themselves.

I am yet to see it.

For me, rape should only be emotional for the victims and their families.
For society, it should be about justice and prevention.
you're a very funny guy
you just basically agreed with me by describing my expression, "women are more emotional" in another form , and giving reasons for why it is true.
basically, i dont know about men exploding later after bottling emotions, men have to take charge of the situations when women are being emotional, someone has to see reason and behave rationally- thats what you call bottling up emotions.
women are the reason men bottle emotions because someone has to handle the situation when they are being emotional.
for the part of men exploding later, it doesnt always happen
even if it happens everytime, agreeing with you for argument's sake sha.
if a man bottles up his emotions in 5 situations and unloads them on the 6th situation
he has still handled 5 situations unemotionally
unlike the female that explodes/overreacts regularly.
its jst a situation of the decline of common sense actually, its funny and its very sad at the same time
there are women who are stronger than men, and there are women who are shorter than men, jst like there are men who live longer than women
but it should be obvious to anyone whose common sense hasnt been educated away, that on the average,
Men are physically stronger than women
men are taller than women
women live longer than men
jsut like there are men that are more emotional or as emotional as women
but that doesnt change the reality that on the average women are more emotional than men
your argument about why, whether by indoctrination,socialization is academic
how can you sneakily disagree with a point and then give reasons why it may be so?
evwn if i continue from your own explanation, what will be the outcome?
if men are socialized to be unemotional and women are allowed to be emotional and expressive, in reality who is going to end up being emotional?
who is going to be more skilled at something? someone groomed, trained from childhood or someone jst left alone??
go figure that out!
men are also more agressive, more violent , more disaggreable than women, the reason why they make up majority of the prison population not to mention the justice system bias for women when it comes to sentencing
because there are exceptions doesnt invalidate these points.
Re: False Rape Allegation Should Also Be Punishable (opinion) by Nobody: 1:41pm On Jul 12, 2020
Originakalokalo:

The storm in the days of Noah happened more than 600 hundred years before the time of Jesus...

This is what Jesus said about it...
Luke 17 (KJV)
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
²⁶ And as it was in the days of Noe, so shall it be also in the days of the Son of man.

²⁷ They did eat, they drank, they married wives, they were given in marriage, until the day that Noe entered into the ark, and the flood came, and destroyed them all.

Jesus confirmed that the incidence took the world by surprise. That occurrence survived centuries in the history of man, down to the time of Jesus.

Jesus confirmed it, I believe it.
well... i didn't understand any of it, you have been vague with your explainations, you also didn't tell me where hell and heaven is located, what God looks like and how i would know if i am in hell or heaven. even though you believe Jesus but you can not tell me what Jesus looks like. grin isn't that confusion?

well...you can believe what you like. believes are relative but why people like you don't keep all these your believes to yourselves i don't get, you people always try so hard to preach to people like me about your believes, just keep the damm lies to yourselves.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Kebbi Criminals Ready To Farm After Swearing With Quran & Repenting. (photos) / Navy Hands Over 8 Suspected Oil Thieves & 4 Vessels To EFCC (photos) / How David Ogbenye Tortured Me - Chinaka Chigozie

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.