Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,975 members, 7,821,414 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:39 PM

Insulting A Leader Is Against The Word Of God - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Insulting A Leader Is Against The Word Of God (13571 Views)

David Ibiyeomie: Daddy Freeze Is A Bastard For Insulting Oyedepo, My Father / Ravi Zacharias Death Is Untrue - Spiritual Leader Is Still Alive / The Word Of God Is Powerful! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Insulting A Leader Is Against The Word Of God by engrchykae(m): 12:06pm On Jul 12, 2020
babag93:

How are we sure religion and god aren’t regulatory lullabies to order people’s steps.
Image what the world would be if there no god-factor? They won’t have their firm stronghold again.
but if people had no God to fear,my dear you don't want to imagine the human capacity for evil.
A godless man is the worst animal.
Sometimes o don't blame the religious system,man is something else.
It is not a coincidence that the word God and dog are the same number of letters,the difference is in "arrangement"
Your arrangement of your life will decide whether you will ascend to godhood or dog
Re: Insulting A Leader Is Against The Word Of God by babag93: 12:09pm On Jul 12, 2020
engrchykae:
but if people had no God to fear,my dear you don't want to imagine the human capacity for evil.
It is not a coincidence that the word God and dog are the same number of letters,the difference is in "arrangement"
Your arrangement of your life will decide whether you will ascend to godhood or dog
What if it was just to bring about the “fear of the unknown?”
Re: Insulting A Leader Is Against The Word Of God by Dtruthspeaker: 12:12pm On Jul 12, 2020
IJOBA2:
embarassedAND YOU JUST TOLD ME THAT YOU OBEY THE MOSAIC LAW

Do you not know that this not the first time that God Amended His Laws?

You obviously do not know that Man Started by Eating Only Herbs, Which was Later Amended to Herbs and Flesh, No Pork, which was Later Amended, to "Kill and Eat" Pork!

I am sure that you do not know that Every Law Giver Can Amend His Laws at Anytime, Without Notice!
Re: Insulting A Leader Is Against The Word Of God by luluman: 12:12pm On Jul 12, 2020
Ibo
olayiwola4u:
Thou shalt not revile the gods, nor curse the ruler of thy people.
Exodus 22:28 KJV

No one can stand the sight of a bad leader; however, a good leader is everyone’s favorite. Whether we like it or not, leaders will always have different characters.

The children of Israel enjoyed Egypt during the reign of Pharaoh who made Joseph a prime minister, but the situation of things changed when another Pharaoh took over. The new king disregarded the relationship between the former Pharaoh and the prime minister.

If twins from the same womb, born on the same day, have different character, leaders from different families will, definitely, behave differently.

One may be bad while the other is good. The Bible recorded the history of different leaders to teach us a lesson about leaders. Whether the leader is good or bad, the word of God remains the same.

In the Bible text, Exodus 22:28, for this post, it reveals an important section of the law of Moses which states God’s stand against reviling or cursing one’s leader. That law of Moses must not be discarded like the ceremonial laws. It is part of the moral laws that all gentile Christians must obey.

I was amazed when I saw Facebook posts of a lot of people, including Christians, who insulted leaders from different walks of life. You may not know that it is wrong to insult leaders. Truth be told, if you’ve insulted any leader, you’ve sinned against your maker. You need to ask God for forgiveness — God is always ready and willing to forgive.

Paul Insulted the High Priest, Ananias

And Paul, earnestly beholding the council, said, Men and brethren, I have lived in all good conscience before God until this day.

2 And the high priest Ananias commanded them that stood by him to smite him on the mouth.

3 Then said Paul unto him, God shall smite thee, thou whited wall: for sittest thou to judge me after the law, and commandest me to be smitten contrary to the law?

4 And they that stood by said, Revilest thou God's high priest?

5 Then said Paul, I wist not, brethren, that he was the high priest: for it is written, Thou shalt not speak evil of the ruler of thy peopl

Acts 23:1-5 KJV

Paul, a student of Gamaliel who is one of the most notable rabbis in history, obeyed one of the moral laws of Moses, which was against insulting leaders.

He had insulted the high priest before he was told that Ananias was the high priest. Thereafter, he felt remorseful. Had he figured out that Ananias was the high priest he would not have insulted him. Being a man who is conversant with the law of Moses, he quoted Exodus 22:28 to show he was wrong when he insulted the high priest.

Paul made himself a good example for us Christians. Tradition, based on the Jewish Talmud, revealed that the aforementioned high priest was a violent man. Even though Paul didn’t know the kind of ruler Ananias was, he obeyed the word of God.

The personality or character of a Leader does not matter when the word of God says we should not insult the leader of our people.

We are not judge any leader; all judgement belong to God. We can’t afford to bring the wrath of God upon ourselves as we insult leaders. Of course, we can rebuke a Leader when he or she is wrong, but insulting a Leader is wrong, and it is against the word of God.

A King Who Insulted God

After this did Sennacherib king of Assyria send his servants to Jerusalem, (but he himself laid siege against Lachish, and all his power with him,) unto Hezekiah king of Judah, and unto all Judah that were at Jerusalem, saying,

10 Thus saith Sennacherib king of Assyria, Whereon do ye trust, that ye abide in the siege in Jerusalem?

11 Doth not Hezekiah persuade you to give over yourselves to die by famine and by thirst, saying, The Lord our God shall deliver us out of the hand of the king of Assyria?

12 Hath not the same Hezekiah taken away his high places and his altars, and commanded Judah and Jerusalem, saying, Ye shall worship before one altar, and burn incense upon it?

13 Know ye not what I and my fathers have done unto all the people of other lands? were the gods of the nations of those lands any ways able to deliver their lands out of mine hand?

14 Who was there among all the gods of those nations that my fathers utterly destroyed, that could deliver his people out of mine hand, that your God should be able to deliver you out of mine hand?

15 Now therefore let not Hezekiah deceive you, nor persuade you on this manner, neither yet believe him: for no god of any nation or kingdom was able to deliver his people out of mine hand, and out of the hand of my fathers: how much less shall your God deliver you out of mine hand?

16 And his servants spake yet more against the Lord God, and against his servant Hezekiah.

17 He wrote also letters to rail on the LordGod of Israel, and to speak against him, saying, As the gods of the nations of other lands have not delivered their people out of mine hand, so shall not the God of Hezekiah deliver his people out of mine hand.

18 Then they cried with a loud voice in the Jews' speech unto the people of Jerusalem that were on the wall, to affright them, and to trouble them; that they might take the city.

19 And they spake against the God of Jerusalem, as against the gods of the people of the earth, which were the work of the hands of man.

2 Chronicles 32:9-19 KJV

The Bible verse Paul quoted when he appeared before the Sanhedrin was against followers insulting their rulers. But in 2 Chronicles 32, a ruler insulted another ruler and the God of Israel.

Even though Sennacherib was a ruler, the law doesn’t exempt him. Rulers must not insult other rulers as Sennacherib did during his reign as the king of Assyria.

He was not an Israelite; so, no one expected him to obey the law of Moses. However, rulers are not suppose to insult other rulers, they are to lead by example.

Sennacherib did not only insult Hezekiah the king, he also insulted the almighty God. The consequences of his action will never be forgotten in the history of mankind. God sent an angel, after Hezekiah and prophet Isaiah cried to God, to kill all his soldiers and captains (about 185,000 people) in one night.

After the incident, Sennacherib returned to the house of his gods where he was eventually killed by his children. God will always judge people who go against his word. You must not insult leaders. Even leaders must not insult other leaders. No one is above the law.

What to do when you are insulted

Then did they spit in his face, and buffeted him; and others smote him with the palms of their hands,

68 Saying, Prophesy unto us, thou Christ, Who is he that smote thee?

Matthew 26:67-68 KJV

21 For even hereunto were ye called: because Christ also suffered for us, leaving us an example, that ye should follow his steps:

22 Who did no sin, neither was guile found in his mouth:

23 Who, when he was reviled, reviled not again; when he suffered, he threatened not; but committed himself to him that judgeth righteously:

1 Peter 2:21-23 KJV

Jesus Christ, who is the author and the finisher of our faith, made himself an example to us. When he was insulted by the people who witnessed his crucifixion, he did nothing.

They spat on his face, smote him with their hands, yet he remained quiet and committed all to God. As a leader, you are to follow the footsteps of Christ; more so, as a follower, under no circumstance must you insult a Leader.

I’m quite sure that the people who insulted Jesus when he was on his way to Golgotha would blame themselves on the day of judgement.

Insulting a leader will not change anything; it will rather set you against your creator. If everyone insults any leader, you don’t have to be a partaker — do not partake in any activity that belittles any leader. Take heed to the word of God so that you won’t miss the kingdom of God.

10 Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God.

1 Corinthians 6:10 KJV

Paul in his letter to the Corinthians revealed the kinds of people that will not inherit the kingdom of God. Everyone knows thieves, fornicators, adulterers will not inherit the kingdom of God, but do you know the kingdom of God will never allow revilers — these are the people who insult other people.

I feel sad whenever I see Christians on social media insulting their leaders like Miriam and Aaron insulted Moses when he married an Ethiopian woman. 1 Corinthians 6:10 keeps popping up my mind as I scroll reading all sorts of post against leaders. It seems a lot of people are ignoring the word of God in our generation.

Desist from insulting the leader of your own people so that you won't miss the kingdom of God.

https://witnessbearer..com/2020/07/insulting-leader-is-against-word-of-god.html?m=1
Too long now.
Re: Insulting A Leader Is Against The Word Of God by ELKHALIFAISIS(m): 12:12pm On Jul 12, 2020
Bad interpretation of Bible by these crooks in church has made us lose our self worth and sanity... Oh even if he is stealing us blind we must worship and adore them This op must be a yellowbar coward
Re: Insulting A Leader Is Against The Word Of God by sapientia(m): 12:15pm On Jul 12, 2020
When did the truth became insult
Re: Insulting A Leader Is Against The Word Of God by pureola(m): 12:16pm On Jul 12, 2020
Thank God u said leaders not politicians or rulers
Re: Insulting A Leader Is Against The Word Of God by Victorious12: 12:16pm On Jul 12, 2020
olayiwola4u:

No one can stand the sight of a bad leader; however, a good leader is everyone’s favorite. Whether we like it or not, leaders will always have different characters.

The children of Israel enjoyed Egypt during the reign of Pharaoh who made Joseph a prime minister, but the situation of things changed when another Pharaoh took over. The new king disregarded the relationship between the former Pharaoh and the prime minister.

If twins from the same womb, born on the same day, have different character, leaders from different families will, definitely, behave differently.

One may be bad while the other is good. The Bible recorded the history of different leaders to teach us a lesson about leaders. Whether the leader is good or bad, the word of God remains the same.

In the Bible text, Exodus 22:28, for this post, it reveals an important section of the law of Moses which states God’s stand against reviling or cursing one’s leader. That law of Moses must not be discarded like the ceremonial laws. It is part of the moral laws that all gentile Christians must obey.

I was amazed when I saw Facebook posts of a lot of people, including Christians, who insulted leaders from different walks of life. You may not know that it is wrong to insult leaders. Truth be told, if you’ve insulted any leader, you’ve sinned against your maker. You need to ask God for forgiveness — God is always ready and willing to forgive.

And Paul, earnestly beholding the council, said, Men and brethren, I have lived in all good conscience before God until this day.

2 And the high priest Ananias commanded them that stood by him to smite him on the mouth.

3 Then said Paul unto him, God shall smite thee, thou whited wall: for sittest thou to judge me after the law, and commandest me to be smitten contrary to the law?

5 Then said Paul, I wist not, brethren, that he was the high priest: for it is written, Thou shalt not speak evil of the ruler of thy peopl

Paul, a student of Gamaliel who is one of the most notable rabbis in history, obeyed one of the moral laws of Moses, which was against insulting leaders.

He had insulted the high priest before he was told that Ananias was the high priest. Thereafter, he felt remorseful. Had he figured out that Ananias was the high priest he would not have insulted him. Being a man who is conversant with the law of Moses, he quoted Exodus 22:28 to show he was wrong when he insulted the high priest.

Paul made himself a good example for us Christians. Tradition, based on the Jewish Talmud, revealed that the aforementioned high priest was a violent man. Even though Paul didn’t know the kind of ruler Ananias was, he obeyed the word of God.

The personality or character of a Leader does not matter when the word of God says we should not insult the leader of our people.

We are not judge any leader; all judgement belong to God. We can’t afford to bring the wrath of God upon ourselves as we insult leaders. Of course, we can rebuke a Leader when he or she is wrong, but insulting a Leader is wrong, and it is against the word of God.

A King Who Insulted God

After this did Sennacherib king of Assyria send his servants to Jerusalem, (but he himself laid siege against Lachish, and all his power with him,) unto Hezekiah king of Judah, and unto all Judah that were at Jerusalem, saying,

10 Thus saith Sennacherib king of Assyria, Whereon do ye trust, that ye abide in the siege in Jerusalem?

11 Doth not Hezekiah persuade you to give over yourselves to die by famine and by thirst, saying, The Lord our God shall deliver us out of the hand of the king of Assyria?

12 Hath not the same Hezekiah taken away his high places and his altars, and commanded Judah and Jerusalem, saying, Ye shall worship before one altar, and burn incense upon it?

13 Know ye not what I and my fathers have done unto all the people of other lands? were the gods of the nations of those lands any ways able to deliver their lands out of mine hand?

14 Who was there among all the gods of those nations that my fathers utterly destroyed, that could deliver his people out of mine hand, that your God should be able to deliver you out of mine hand?

15 Now therefore let not Hezekiah deceive you, nor persuade you on this manner, neither yet believe him: for no god of any nation or kingdom was able to deliver his people out of mine hand, and out of the hand of my fathers: how much less shall your God deliver you out of mine hand?

16 And his servants spake yet more against the Lord God, and against his servant Hezekiah.

17 He wrote also letters to rail on the LordGod of Israel, and to speak against him, saying, As the gods of the nations of other lands have not delivered their people out of mine hand, so shall not the God of Hezekiah deliver his people out of mine hand.

18 Then they cried with a loud voice in the Jews' speech unto the people of Jerusalem that were on the wall, to affright them, and to trouble them; that they might take the city.

19 And they spake against the God of Jerusalem, as against the gods of the people of the earth, which were the work of the hands of man.

The Bible verse Paul quoted when he appeared before the Sanhedrin was against followers insulting their rulers. But in 2 Chronicles 32, a ruler insulted another ruler and the God of Israel.

Even though Sennacherib was a ruler, the law doesn’t exempt him. Rulers must not insult other rulers as Sennacherib did during his reign as the king of Assyria.

He was not an Israelite; so, no one expected him to obey the law of Moses. However, rulers are not suppose to insult other rulers, they are to lead by example.

Sennacherib did not only insult Hezekiah the king, he also insulted the almighty God. The consequences of his action will never be forgotten in the history of mankind. God sent an angel, after Hezekiah and prophet Isaiah cried to God, to kill all his soldiers and captains (about 185,000 people) in one night.

After the incident, Sennacherib returned to the house of his gods where he was eventually killed by his children. God will always judge people who go against his word. You must not insult leaders. Even leaders must not insult other leaders. No one is above the law.

Then did they spit in his face, and buffeted him; and others smote him with the palms of their hands,

21 For even hereunto were ye called: because Christ also suffered for us, leaving us an example, that ye should follow his steps:

23 Who, when he was reviled, reviled not again; when he suffered, he threatened not; but committed himself to him that judgeth righteously:

Jesus Christ, who is the author and the finisher of our faith, made himself an example to us. When he was insulted by the people who witnessed his crucifixion, he did nothing.

They spat on his face, smote him with their hands, yet he remained quiet and committed all to God. As a leader, you are to follow the footsteps of Christ; more so, as a follower, under no circumstance must you insult a Leader.

I’m quite sure that the people who insulted Jesus when he was on his way to Golgotha would blame themselves on the day of judgement.

Insulting a leader will not change anything; it will rather set you against your creator. If everyone insults any leader, you don’t have to be a partaker — do not partake in any activity that belittles any leader. Take heed to the word of God so that you won’t miss the kingdom of God.

10 Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God.

Paul in his letter to the Corinthians revealed the kinds of people that will not inherit the kingdom of God. Everyone knows thieves, fornicators, adulterers will not inherit the kingdom of God, but do you know the kingdom of God will never allow revilers — these are the people who insult other people.

I feel sad whenever I see Christians on social media insulting their leaders like Miriam and Aaron insulted Moses when he married an Ethiopian woman. 1 Corinthians 6:10 keeps popping up my mind as I scroll reading all sorts of post against leaders. It seems a lot of people are ignoring the word of God in our generation.

Desist from insulting the leader of your own people so that you won't miss the kingdom of God.

https://witnessbearer..com/2020/07/insulting-leader-is-against-word-of-god.html?m=1
what if the person you are serving under like a pastor is a chronic womanizer
Re: Insulting A Leader Is Against The Word Of God by Dtruthspeaker: 12:17pm On Jul 12, 2020
Xavfra:

But your brethen keep saying that atheists are lucky not to be in the old testament period

What they should have said is that, if God's Plan had worked in Isreal, they would not have even had any reason to be an atheist!
Re: Insulting A Leader Is Against The Word Of God by GodsMopol: 12:20pm On Jul 12, 2020
IJOBA2:
SO TEN COMMANDMENTS WAS THE ONLY LAW GIVEN TO MOSES

Those are the popular ones everyone can relate with. There are other laws given to Moses that many Christians still live by, what are you actually insinuating
Re: Insulting A Leader Is Against The Word Of God by Dtruthspeaker: 12:23pm On Jul 12, 2020
engrchykae:

The second you enter into this world, you are in the Hands of Greater Powers already.

The Sea is not your friend, You can never Fly so the earth will not pity you if you fall from a height, the road will not be merciful if you drive 180kph in Nigerian Roads.

There are Great Powers Over You already!
Re: Insulting A Leader Is Against The Word Of God by jaxxy(m): 12:23pm On Jul 12, 2020
olayiwola4u:

A King Who Insulted God

On moral grounds leaders can be insulted cos they are to be held accountable and there is freedom of speech in this Era. On spiritual grounds they can also be insulted. Jesus insulted the Pharisees. U can also correct them.

It is only wrong to insult them without reason or cause. A Christian is not a zombie.
Re: Insulting A Leader Is Against The Word Of God by Stanleyq: 12:26pm On Jul 12, 2020
What of if the leaders Insult always?
Re: Insulting A Leader Is Against The Word Of God by EbenezerTriumph: 12:26pm On Jul 12, 2020
IJOBA2:
I THOUGHT THE OLD TESTAMENT IS NO LONGER THE WORD OF GODgrin

IS SOMEONE CONFUSED HERE grin
even Apostle Paul said respect leaders in authority so that u won't bring God's judgement to yourself.
You and your Ipob lots should repent this year.
Pray for President Buhari and not castigate him by calling him names cos it's not easy to be a leader
Re: Insulting A Leader Is Against The Word Of God by engrchykae(m): 12:26pm On Jul 12, 2020
babag93:

What if it was just to bring about the “fear of the unknown?”
God gave men laws,laws that will benefit man and his world so that man and his world will prosper because man and the universe are intertwined.
Man is more water as Earth is more water if you get what I mean
Then some greedy men formed headship over others..

. ...,.
Re: Insulting A Leader Is Against The Word Of God by Dtruthspeaker: 12:27pm On Jul 12, 2020
GodsMopol:

Those are the popular ones everyone can relate with. There are other laws given to Moses that many Christians still live by, what are you actually insinuating

He is coming after you for following the Commandments and he wishes to make you foolish for so following it, if you are not properly founded and knowledgeable in your following.

So I answered him and I am waiting to see if he can shake me at all.
Re: Insulting A Leader Is Against The Word Of God by Dtruthspeaker: 12:33pm On Jul 12, 2020
EbenezerTriumph:
even Apostle Paul said respect leaders in authority so that u won't bring God's judgement to yourself.
Pray for Bihari and not castigate him by calling him names cos it's not easy to be a leader

When you do well, you get Praises. When you do not well, you must get Cursed and Disgraced, that is what the Lord has Commanded.
Re: Insulting A Leader Is Against The Word Of God by engrchykae(m): 12:34pm On Jul 12, 2020
Dtruthspeaker:

The second you enter into this world, you are in the Hands of Greater Powers already.

The Sea is not your friend, You can never Fly so the earth will not pity you if you fall from a height, the road will not be merciful if you drive 180kph in Nigerian Roads.

There are Great Powers Over You already!
"and let them have Dominion"is the command of the supreme spirit.
The reasons we are told the stories of the samsons and Hercules and Gilgamesh and Horus etc is to let us know that it's possible to subdue the Earth.
The moment you came as a man,you are vulnerable but when you begin to learn and develop,no power will intimidate you.
The biblical Moses divided the Sea, people are doing soul or astral travel,we are flying with help of crafts waiting for when we can learn to do that without craft
Re: Insulting A Leader Is Against The Word Of God by EbenezerTriumph: 12:34pm On Jul 12, 2020
Dtruthspeaker:

When you do well, you get Praises. When you do not well, you must get Cursed and Disgraced, that is what Cownu has Commanded.
fixed

Re: Insulting A Leader Is Against The Word Of God by mmsen: 12:36pm On Jul 12, 2020
kolnel:
This Bible is outdated
Christianity was designed by the white men to hinder black men from using their own brain

It is outdated, it wasn't designed for the black man rather for men in positions of power to abuse their power and get away with it. Remember, it was used to abuse people in Europe and the Middle East before it made its way to Africa and was a collection of the nonsensical stories that people had been telling themselves for some time.

Hence quotes like; 'render unto Caesar'; 'slaves be obedient'; 'if your child is disobedient stone him to death' (paraphrased).

Dangerous instructions that run counter to what we know to be 'human rights'.
Re: Insulting A Leader Is Against The Word Of God by Dtruthspeaker: 12:38pm On Jul 12, 2020
engrchykae:
God gave men laws,laws that will benefit man and his world so that man and his world will prosper because man and the universe are intertwined.
Man is more water as Earth is more water if you get what I mean
Then some greedy men formed headship over others..

. ...,

God's Plan to Raise Up One Nation to Wipe Away All Evil Men in the world, was even quashed by the Very People He was trying to Help.

So wicked men have thrived quite successfully even enough to Rule.

So man is in for A Very Loong Wicked Reign!
Re: Insulting A Leader Is Against The Word Of God by Dtruthspeaker: 12:40pm On Jul 12, 2020
engrchykae:
"and let them have Dominion"is the command of the supreme spirit.
The reasons we are told the stories of the samsons and Hercules and Gilgamesh and Horus etc is to let us know that it's possible to subdue the Earth.
The moment you came as a man,you are vulnerable but when you begin to learn and develop,no power will intimidate you.
The biblical Moses divided the Sea, people are doing soul or astral travel,we are flying with help of crafts waiting for when we can learn to do that without craft

Yes, I will fight to Destroy All Wicked men but would I do it with Nigerians? NEVER!
Re: Insulting A Leader Is Against The Word Of God by IJOBA2: 12:43pm On Jul 12, 2020
EbenezerTriumph:
Pray for President Buhari and not castigate him by calling him names cos it's not easy to be a leader
YOU HAVE NOT ANSWERED MY QUESTION
Re: Insulting A Leader Is Against The Word Of God by Dtruthspeaker: 12:44pm On Jul 12, 2020
mmsen:

It is outdated but it wasn't designed for the black man but for men in positions of power to abuse their power and get away with it.

Hence quotes like; 'render unto Caesar'; 'slaves be obedient'; 'if your child is disobedient stone him to death' (paraphrased).

Dangerous instructions that run counter to what we know to be 'human rights'.

Do you not pay Omo-nile? Or even stupid taxes?

You do not know that we are lucky that the Bible was written, to make us very well aware of what things we do instead of what things we Ought to Do.

But, for Nigerians, the Bible is a Nullity to many!
Re: Insulting A Leader Is Against The Word Of God by IJOBA2: 12:44pm On Jul 12, 2020
GodsMopol:

TELL ME WHAT YOU THINK ABOUT PORK MEAT
Re: Insulting A Leader Is Against The Word Of God by Dtruthspeaker: 12:47pm On Jul 12, 2020
EbenezerTriumph:
fixed

grin
Proof of my point that Nigerians eh, they deserve what they get, Because na dem dey even dey pursue am!
Re: Insulting A Leader Is Against The Word Of God by Swipa: 12:47pm On Jul 12, 2020
Now this is very sensible. Thank you .
kayuseful:
The Bible passages quoted seem incoherent (sorry I mean no harm) .

The first quote obviously refer to the religious leader, and more specifically the prophets. Knowing the christocentricity of Bible theology, the leader is ultimately Christ. You don't have to agree, but I think it's referring to blasphemy, not some casual expression of disapproval of a king.

Because if we go by your explanation, then John the baptist insulted Herod; Elijah insulted Ahab; the prophets who voiced their concerns with the bad kings "insulted" the king.

IPeter refers to speaking evil of people in revenge, not kings/rulers. If you read patiently, you'll see it's about how Christians in persecution need to bless and not curse their persecutors
Re: Insulting A Leader Is Against The Word Of God by IJOBA2: 12:47pm On Jul 12, 2020
Dtruthspeaker:

Do you not know that this not the first time that God Amended His Laws?

You obviously do not know that Man Started by Eating Only Herbs, Which was Later Amended to Herbs and Flesh, No Pork, which was Later Amended, to "Kill and Eat" Pork!

I am sure that you do not know that Every Law Giver Can Amend His Laws at Anytime, Without Notice!
YOU DO NOT HAVE POWER TO AMEND THE LAW OF GOD, NOT EVEN HIS PROPHETS POSSESS SUCH POWER.

STOP MISLEADING PEOPLE MY FRIEND angry

1 Like

Re: Insulting A Leader Is Against The Word Of God by Ihatemumu: 12:47pm On Jul 12, 2020
olayiwola4u:

A King Who Insulted God

The fact you practise your religion doesn't mean you shouldn't use your brain.

You are so concerned about Hell and Heaven, you disregard your mission on Earth
Re: Insulting A Leader Is Against The Word Of God by JordanMichael(m): 12:50pm On Jul 12, 2020
So? We should praise them at the deterement of us suffering? In fact, all Nigerian past and present (military and democratic) leader are stupid most especially this present government!
Re: Insulting A Leader Is Against The Word Of God by Dtruthspeaker: 12:51pm On Jul 12, 2020
IJOBA2:
TELL ME WHAT YOU THINK ABOUT PORK MEAT

Oh! okay my case with you don finish Mr. Pork Meat, you can not proceed anymore.

So I step out of the examination box!

Is it not enough to simply call it Pork? Pork is a type of meat like Beef. I am sure you do not say beef meat, or do you?

Well, it is your right to call it how you choose to call it
Re: Insulting A Leader Is Against The Word Of God by Eniolakiite(f): 12:53pm On Jul 12, 2020
The hypocrisy here tho

Be comfortable with questioning your leaders both religious and political. Call them out. They are accountable. This is why evil keeps going on. People will do terrible things and cause they are leaders, everyone keeps mute.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

THREE THINGS GOD CAN NOT DO / Will There Be Partial Rapture? Will All Christians Go Up At The Time Of Rapture? / Lord Of The Sabbath-what Did Jesus Mean Here?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 127
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.