Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,698 members, 7,816,855 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:55 PM

Can I Still Graduate With A First Class With This My 100level Cgpa? - Education (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Can I Still Graduate With A First Class With This My 100level Cgpa? (50896 Views)

Identical Twins: Adegoke Taiye & Kehinde Graduate With First Class From UNIBADAN / Friends Who Study Together Graduate With First Class Together (Photos) / Can I Still Graduate With a First Class? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can I Still Graduate With A First Class With This My 100level Cgpa? by fawaz050(m): 11:33pm On Jul 12, 2020
Arinze01:
Yeah,Actually you can!

When I was in year 1(2016),the 1st semester I had 3.75 and the corresponding semester I had a g.p. of 4.67 accumulating to a CGPA of 4.21. Fast forward to yr 4(2019) which was my grad year,I graduated with a CGPA of 4.52(first class honours at the University of Lagos).

Albeit it wasn't a rosy journey but I was pragmatic and tenacious, setting per semester what-if-gp scenarios (that's, setting a ceiling and a floor and must not go beyond their floor),and Yes!it worked for me. It's all about setting your priorities right,when to read and when to play. I never joked with my reading time table. Believe you can and you shall achieve it and Put God First!

Namaste.

Which course, scholar?
Re: Can I Still Graduate With A First Class With This My 100level Cgpa? by Wiinnd(m): 12:22am On Jul 13, 2020
Re: Can I Still Graduate With A First Class With This My 100level Cgpa? by Wiinnd(m): 12:23am On Jul 13, 2020
BiafranDel:
Hello guys
Please I want to know if it is still possible to graduate with a first class after been in second class upper in 100 level.

100 level first semester, I had 4.04 GPA then in second semester instead of going up, I dropped to 3.53 GPA reason being that I faced some personal challenges, bringing my 100level Cgpa to 3.83 sad Are you a UNIBEN Student??

sad I'm just happy that I never had any carry over in my first and second semester 100level.

Is it still possible to graduate with a first class from 200level to final year, 400level.
This has been bothering me because I really need a first class to source for full scholarship to further my studies abroad.

Please I need your inputs on this. First class
graduates, did you start getting first class from 100level till final year?
Are you a UNIBEN Student?
Re: Can I Still Graduate With A First Class With This My 100level Cgpa? by Abimbola007(m): 12:48am On Jul 13, 2020
Firstly, drop the weed of a thing. It must be the cause if the decline in 2nd semester
Re: Can I Still Graduate With A First Class With This My 100level Cgpa? by Swealy: 1:08am On Jul 13, 2020
Yeah you can
for now read to pass exams
Calculate how you want your CGPA to be ahead of the semester
And prioritize every course
Reschedule your timetable
Try to be ahead and do your homework
You can read to understand during the holidays
Most importantly TAKE IT STEP BY STEP
Don't rush slow touch !!!
After you graduate with your first class write your GRE & TOEFL and start applying abroad ASAP !!!

1 Like

Re: Can I Still Graduate With A First Class With This My 100level Cgpa? by Nobody: 1:15am On Jul 13, 2020
Yes you can bro. But it's not going to be easy. I started with 4.44 first semester 100l, second semester it dropped to 4.24. We wrote 200l first semester exam before all this Corona stuff started, I wonder what it's going to be like this time. My department is known for not having a first class graduate from its inception till date, the lecturers? That one is another story.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Can I Still Graduate With A First Class With This My 100level Cgpa? by Sherlock5577: 1:16am On Jul 13, 2020
BiafranDel:
Hello guys
Please I want to know if it is still possible to graduate with a first class after been in second class upper in 100 level.

100 level first semester, I had 4.04 GPA then in second semester instead of going up, I dropped to 3.53 GPA reason being that I faced some personal challenges, bringing my 100level Cgpa to 3.83 sad

sad I'm just happy that I never had any carry over in my first and second semester 100level.

Is it still possible to graduate with a first class from 200level to final year, 400level.
This has been bothering me because I really need a first class to source for full scholarship to further my studies abroad.

You don't need a first class result through all your semesters in Uni to get a final First class CGPA. Regardless, I'd advice that you calculate what you need (just as you have done in the picture) to see if it's feasible. Just get a list of the remaining courses you have to offer from the handbook or a senior and assign different grades to them(As mostly). If you still have a first class, then you're good to go. But this means you'll have a lot of work to do. My advice if it's possible is to get it as soon as possible and then maintain it (say before your final year). If it's not possible, still work hard to have a very good CPGA (4.2 and above). Some scholarships and opportunities consider your CGPA and not just your calss of degree. Also build skills that can aid you in the future, since good grades aren't just enough nowadays.

1 Like

Re: Can I Still Graduate With A First Class With This My 100level Cgpa? by Goalnaldo(m): 1:32am On Jul 13, 2020
Hahjascho:

And lastly, avoid marijuana like death trap.
you took the words from my mouth. How can he be glorifying marijuana like that smiley

1 Like

Re: Can I Still Graduate With A First Class With This My 100level Cgpa? by eagleeye259: 1:33am On Jul 13, 2020
BiafranDel:
Hello guys

100 level first semester, I had 4.04 GPA then in second semester instead of going up, I dropped to 3.53 GPA reason being that I faced some personal challenges, bringing my 100level Cgpa to 3.83 sad

Many if not all the first class graduate in my class didn't do very well in their first year especially the first semester. You need to look at your faculty prospectus to see the weight of each level. Do some calculations to find out what is required in the remaining years to achieve a first class degree. If it is still possible to achieve a first class after your calculations, you need to develop a strategy to achieve the desired grades. Keep working hard till the end of your program. You can also discuss with other UNIBEN scholars in higher level but same department and faculty for advice and tips on each course.

All the best!
Re: Can I Still Graduate With A First Class With This My 100level Cgpa? by saintneo(m): 1:38am On Jul 13, 2020
BiafranDel:
Hello guys

yes, but it will be good to use your course curriculum to estimate. That's how I did mine.
Re: Can I Still Graduate With A First Class With This My 100level Cgpa? by Originalsly: 1:41am On Jul 13, 2020
This is like somebody now learning to walk .... stumbled and fell....... and is now worried about if he can run as fast as Bolt in the Olympics. Bro.... is up to you. If you apply yourself.... focus on achieving what you need to each week and maintaining high levels then First Class is attainable.

Take care of today and tomorrow will take care of itself.
Re: Can I Still Graduate With A First Class With This My 100level Cgpa? by Gab25: 1:54am On Jul 13, 2020
Work hard

Side hustle: make money from posting advert chat up
Re: Can I Still Graduate With A First Class With This My 100level Cgpa? by lighternote: 2:52am On Jul 13, 2020
What exactly do you need 1st class for, in today's world?
Can't you see how Covid-19 is changing the world?
Re: Can I Still Graduate With A First Class With This My 100level Cgpa? by grandstar(m): 3:01am On Jul 13, 2020
You'll need to be getting like 4.7 GPA every semester henceforth to achieve that feat. I'm not too sure.

Don't dispair. A 2/1 can take you places

BiafranDel
Re: Can I Still Graduate With A First Class With This My 100level Cgpa? by Teejay13(m): 3:38am On Jul 13, 2020
I doubt bro!

Why?
I had similar encounter while in school, that year.

My first and second year result, affected my final year CGPA.

Am actually not discouraging you sha, but to motivate you. Even though you have just began your academical journey.

So note this that in any space of life you find yourself, the starting point of that journey always determines the outcome of it.

Good things don't come easy, you got to pay a big price for it.

Yet, dont fret! Always keep your head straight and thank God for any position you find yourself.

These are my word for you.

Re: Can I Still Graduate With A First Class With This My 100level Cgpa? by Nobody: 4:42am On Jul 13, 2020
Avoid weed if you can, But women are a bigger threat to your first class ambition.

1 Like

Re: Can I Still Graduate With A First Class With This My 100level Cgpa? by sulaak(m): 4:43am On Jul 13, 2020
1st Class or 3rd class nan the same poverty you go chop, ya mate are governors and minister with no class.

Abeg go on to de street and take back Nigeria
Re: Can I Still Graduate With A First Class With This My 100level Cgpa? by MrJavaS: 4:46am On Jul 13, 2020
BiafranDel:
Hello guys

Yea you can...its mathematically possible though difficult since you would need a high GPA in the next few semesters.

BTW...why does Everyone see women as threat to first class?
Re: Can I Still Graduate With A First Class With This My 100level Cgpa? by OkhaiAsein(m): 4:53am On Jul 13, 2020
the sky is ya limit bro
Re: Can I Still Graduate With A First Class With This My 100level Cgpa? by Goldenkrezi: 6:03am On Jul 13, 2020
Anuoluwa1234:
Yes, it will change the colour.. it seems u didn't read where I said under Microscope

Lol... u're still saying this nonsense again..grin

Oya pls educate me what colour will the blood change to under microscope?
Re: Can I Still Graduate With A First Class With This My 100level Cgpa? by Trainee223: 6:11am On Jul 13, 2020
I think it all depend on dedication and also course of study. I remember that year I got 4.62 cgpa up to 400l could you believe I was unable to graduate with first class? Because biochemistry lecturers are just devil incarnate. I will still remember what they did to me till the end of my life

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Can I Still Graduate With A First Class With This My 100level Cgpa? by Walix: 6:23am On Jul 13, 2020
I usually don't post anything here as I just come to read to stay informed and entertained some times
Yes it is very possible and I did exactly that.

I had two carry overs from first semester year one because I arrived very late to start school. Fast forward five years later and I graduated with first class honours. To be clear, there had been only one first class in my department in the previous 10 years.

Gather yourself together, it is still very possible, will take a lot of studying and praying. By the way, I got a scholarship afterwards and traveled to the US for a masters degree. Good luck bro.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can I Still Graduate With A First Class With This My 100level Cgpa? by Donair(m): 7:17am On Jul 13, 2020
It's very much possible with hardwork and always put God first for sure you will be surprise coming out with first class.
Set high target of 5.0 Gp per semester,work towards it and avoid distractions then we will celebrate with you soon.

Determination Decides Destiny (triple D's)
Re: Can I Still Graduate With A First Class With This My 100level Cgpa? by yollychika(f): 7:19am On Jul 13, 2020
YES!
Re: Can I Still Graduate With A First Class With This My 100level Cgpa? by Gerrard59(m): 7:30am On Jul 13, 2020
CzarChris:
This your assertion is completely wrong and totally unscientifically proven. The best graduating student in my class during my undergraduate days, was an addicted weed smoker. I myself though a recreational marijuana smoker, made a 4.87CGPA in my Post Graduate studies, with a few international awards and numerous international students under me. Though I'm not encouraging young adults to go into weed smoking, I just want to say the truth here. All these propaganda against weed should just stop, and don't get me started on the chemical properties of Cannabis/Marijuana.

OP @BiafranDel, as someone in the academia. I have to tell you the gospel truth. The only way you can make a first class is for you to have a CGPA of nothing less than 4.80 till you graduate. If you get anything less than that, then it's impossible for you to graduate with a first class. Not to get you discouraged, not have a first class is not the end of the world, just focus on your studies and have a firm grip of your course of study. That's all you need.

I wish you luck in your pursuit of academic excellence.

Anecdotal evidence. If you are an academic as you mentioned, you know it is wrong to use one or two cases to judge an entire situation. Do you have a study to prove that taking weed does not affect students?

1 Like

Re: Can I Still Graduate With A First Class With This My 100level Cgpa? by Nobody: 7:31am On Jul 13, 2020
Too many C's
Re: Can I Still Graduate With A First Class With This My 100level Cgpa? by Everbest30(m): 7:39am On Jul 13, 2020
BiafranDel:
Hello guys

That course list looks like UNIBEN 100 level courses.
Well if you're in UNIBEN, you can still make a first class, 100 level is just 10 percent of your cgpa

I had 4.3 for almost three consecutive sessions
I was so desperate for a first class, so in my penultimate and final years, I had more than 4.8s

I sha ended up with 4.51. felt so happy

My advices:

Detest having Bs

Avoid the "first class na scam" crew, seriously there are so many scholarships available for first class graduates

Have positive minded coursemates as friends

Never miss a class

Engage in lecturer student participations in class that you become known to lecturers

Study everyday, never u procrastinate

There's this edition on punch newspaper every Saturday, CAMPUS CHAMPIONS, where they feature intelligent graduates with jaw breaking cgpa. You'll sure get motivated.

Shalom!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can I Still Graduate With A First Class With This My 100level Cgpa? by AlphaT1(m): 7:40am On Jul 13, 2020
Stillthebest:
shocked

No one cares about your first class but after what you arw bringing to the table.

Have you discovered that most world successful people were mostly average or at the bottom level of the class?

Just try your best in school and work on your IQ.

Afterall Buhari who happens to be some ppl role models didn't even have good grades.

OP biko avoid these ones like a plague....run from them like who Coronavirus de pursue. I know what first class has done for me.... I am grateful I avoided the "plagues and naysayer gangs": who first class epp, many first class de roam for streets jobless, blah blah blah.....
Re: Can I Still Graduate With A First Class With This My 100level Cgpa? by CzarChris(m): 7:49am On Jul 13, 2020
Gerrard59:

Anecdotal evidence. If you are an academic as you mentioned, you know it is wrong to use one or two cases to judge an entire situation. Do you have a study to prove that taking weed does not affect students?
Google Cannabis Oil also known as CBD oil, and if you want to research further Google scholarly articles on effects of Cannabis, not propaganda articles against it. I indulge you to be open minded as you study these.
Re: Can I Still Graduate With A First Class With This My 100level Cgpa? by Felicity0001: 7:54am On Jul 13, 2020
Arinze01:
Yeah,Actually you can!

When I was in year 1(2016),the 1st semester I had 3.75 and the corresponding semester I had a g.p. of 4.67 accumulating to a CGPA of 4.21. Fast forward to yr 4(2019) which was my grad year,I graduated with a CGPA of 4.52(first class honours at the University of Lagos).

Albeit it wasn't a rosy journey but I was pragmatic and tenacious, setting per semester what-if-gp scenarios (that's, setting a ceiling and a floor and must not go beyond their floor),and Yes!it worked for me. It's all about setting your priorities right,when to read and when to play. I never joked with my reading time table. Believe you can and you shall achieve it and Put God First!

Namaste.
Thats only possible in institutions like the one you graduated from but for institutions like the I did graduate from, forget first class the moment you have like 2 C's any where in your academic year. Uniport don't dash first class anyhow like unilag does.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

See The Snake That Was Killed This Night In My Lodge / Campus Prostitution: A Growing Concern In Nigeria / 10 Grammar Mistakes You Should Avoid

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.