Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,363 members, 7,822,716 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 03:32 PM

Picture Of Wole Soyinka Arrested In 1965 By Akintola Supported By Tafawa Balewa - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Picture Of Wole Soyinka Arrested In 1965 By Akintola Supported By Tafawa Balewa (54494 Views)

Reno Omokri Lists 'The Wealthiest People In Nigeria In 1965' / Throwback Picture Of Prof. Wole Soyinka Arrested In 1967 By The Police. / Maryam Babangida And Princess Diana At The Tafawa Balewa Square (Throwback Photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Picture Of Wole Soyinka Arrested In 1965 By Akintola Supported By Tafawa Balewa by Nobody: 11:56am On Jul 13, 2020
James4bright:

So marching against Buhari would make me prominent? Lol

After you left Sowore for dead who is slightly prominent, so you think I'd do better than Sowore abi? You lie.

I'd be dead in seconds and I won't even appear on the news.

Let me address that. I didn't.

If Sowore can do it, what are you waiting for? Be a man and stop making excuses like a woman.

Well, it's too much babysitting and air-conditioned rooms that have turned our men to vegetables. If you have been outside doing farmwork and collecting real vitamin D from the sun, you won't be making excuses like this.
Re: Picture Of Wole Soyinka Arrested In 1965 By Akintola Supported By Tafawa Balewa by Nobody: 11:58am On Jul 13, 2020
James4bright:

It can never end. But it can be controlled. Same with crimes, crimes can never end but can be controlled.

That's all we neeeeed.

What we need is Nigeria breaking up.
Re: Picture Of Wole Soyinka Arrested In 1965 By Akintola Supported By Tafawa Balewa by James4bright(m): 12:01pm On Jul 13, 2020
Nooil:

Let me address that. I didn't.

If Sowore can do it, what are you waiting for? Be a man and stop making excuses like a woman.

Well, it's too much babysitting and air-conditioned rooms that have turned our men to vegetables. If you have been outside doing farmwork and collecting real vitamin D from the sun, you won't be making excuses like this.

Hahahahaha, she really wants me dead.

It's never about strength but about prominence and influence.

If I were famous, very very rich and a political activist, I'd be on the streets right now, protesting with you by my side. We'd make our country great again.
Re: Picture Of Wole Soyinka Arrested In 1965 By Akintola Supported By Tafawa Balewa by Nobody: 12:02pm On Jul 13, 2020
Nooil:

As in eh! It's this part that makes me angry. They even started saying he was abusing Jonathan and supporting Buhari as if people do not make mistakes in judging characters. They removed their focus from the sacrifices he was making and dwelt on unnecessary things. Now Wole should carry his frail bones and match for them.

I warned Sowore on his Instagram page not to fight for Nigeria.

As with all celebs, they ignore you if you don't have the blue tick next to your profile.

I told him you can't plan a revolution with just less than 30 youths.

If you truly want to do it, mobilize at least
100, 000 youths from each state to Abuja and let's see which security force will open fire on 3.6 million youths while CNN and BBC are watching.

He'd do better to fight for the Independence of Yoruba nation, than for a rotten Nigeria.
Re: Picture Of Wole Soyinka Arrested In 1965 By Akintola Supported By Tafawa Balewa by James4bright(m): 12:03pm On Jul 13, 2020
FrLukas:

What we need is Nigeria breaking up.

That almost sounded great. But who wants to be stuck to a very small landmass. Biafran is actually very small.
Re: Picture Of Wole Soyinka Arrested In 1965 By Akintola Supported By Tafawa Balewa by vesh05: 12:05pm On Jul 13, 2020
Hello there,

Do you wish to study abroad at a low cost?
Search no further.

Glocal university India is offering 25%, 50% and 100% scholarship to Nigerian students and the online test is free!

If you are interested, Click below on the link to register
https://www.formulagray.net/fgeducation

Regards.

Re: Picture Of Wole Soyinka Arrested In 1965 By Akintola Supported By Tafawa Balewa by Nobody: 12:22pm On Jul 13, 2020
James4bright:

Hahahahaha, she really wants me dead.

It's never about strength but about prominence and influence.

If I were famous, very very rich and a political activist, I'd be on the streets right now, protesting with you by my side. We'd make our country great again.

I hear you
Re: Picture Of Wole Soyinka Arrested In 1965 By Akintola Supported By Tafawa Balewa by Nobody: 12:25pm On Jul 13, 2020
FrLukas:

I warned Sowore on his Instagram page not to fight for Nigeria.

As with all celebs, they ignore you if you don't have the blue tick next to your profile.

I told him you can't plan a revolution with just less than 30 youths.

If you truly want to do it, mobilize at least
100, 000 youths from each state to Abuja and let's see which security force will open fire on 3.6 million youths while CNN and BBC are watching.

He'd do better to fight for the Independence of Yoruba nation, than for a rotten Nigeria.

Now don't be tribalistic. I'm sure you've been helped by people outside your tribe.

But it's true. Sowore needed more people. But where would he get them when there are cowards everywhere.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Picture Of Wole Soyinka Arrested In 1965 By Akintola Supported By Tafawa Balewa by Dedetwo(m): 12:26pm On Jul 13, 2020
James4bright:

That almost sounded great. But who wants to be stuck to a very small landmass. Biafran is actually very small.

I am quite sure you are not smart enough to think for Biafrans or Ndigbo.

1 Like

Re: Picture Of Wole Soyinka Arrested In 1965 By Akintola Supported By Tafawa Balewa by joefelin2345: 12:28pm On Jul 13, 2020
GboyegaD:
Wole Soyinka has been radical since time immemorial. The police guy makes policing look decent compared to what we have today.
But what gain has his rascality brought to the average Nigerians. Tell me pls. We see what Nelson Mandela's own brought to an average South Africans. What Dr Kwame Nkrumah & General Rawlings's own brought to an average Ghanaians. What Julius Nyerere brought to an average Tanzanians, what Kenneth Kaunda brought to Zambia etc. Let's be critical critics of a critical situations n move on pls. They have enjoyed their times pls. U said that Chief SLA Govt was not popular. To who? Can you compare the level of Govt then with the present? Can you even compare the level of corruption then with the present. Let us be wise pls.

1 Like

Re: Picture Of Wole Soyinka Arrested In 1965 By Akintola Supported By Tafawa Balewa by Nobody: 12:29pm On Jul 13, 2020
You are mad
MondayOsunbor:

be ready to be disappointed!
Re: Picture Of Wole Soyinka Arrested In 1965 By Akintola Supported By Tafawa Balewa by golddare: 12:37pm On Jul 13, 2020
sarrki:
Kongi's Harvest !!! Captured in 1965 by the unpopular govt of SLA Akintola supported by Tafawa Balewa Govt.

Men that used their thuggery positively. Agba thug.
Re: Picture Of Wole Soyinka Arrested In 1965 By Akintola Supported By Tafawa Balewa by James4bright(m): 12:37pm On Jul 13, 2020
Dedetwo:

I am quite sure you are not smart enough to think for Biafrans or Ndigbo.

And you are? Check out to top world countries, you'd get to realize their landmass isn't small but massive. And they still keep fighting for more territories.

In Canada their landmass is so massive that land properties are damn cheap and conducive.

Let's fight for restructuring, so we can hold our governors accountable for any misconduct in the South East.

What makes you think Niger Delta won't fight for their own republic in Biafra?
Re: Picture Of Wole Soyinka Arrested In 1965 By Akintola Supported By Tafawa Balewa by Olabode971(f): 12:52pm On Jul 13, 2020
FrLukas:

So if he steps out, an 80-year old grandpa to lead a protest, you will be sitting at home watching telemundo abi?

definitely I wil come out n b amongst this crowd who are truly ready for business and not for jelly talks..

Re: Picture Of Wole Soyinka Arrested In 1965 By Akintola Supported By Tafawa Balewa by Olabode971(f): 12:59pm On Jul 13, 2020
James4bright:

And you are? Check out to top world countries, you'd get to realize their landmass isn't small but massive. And they still keep fighting for more territories.

In Canada their landmass is so massive that land properties are damn cheap and conducive.

Let's fight for restructuring, so we can hold our governors accountable for any misconduct in the South East.

What makes you think Niger Delta won't fight for their own republic in Biafra?

Well; if Niger Delta wants to secede from Biafra that is fine... After 10years; am so sure everybody will know which country or Territory is the boss and well developed but for now; every territory and boundaries are in total NASCENT.. YEAH!!!
Re: Picture Of Wole Soyinka Arrested In 1965 By Akintola Supported By Tafawa Balewa by James4bright(m): 1:03pm On Jul 13, 2020
Olabode971:

Well; if Niger Delta wants to secede from Biafra that is fine... After 10years; am so sure everybody will know which country or Territory is the boss and well developed but for now; every territory and boundaries are in total NASCENT.. YEAH!!!

See beyond hate and competition.
Re: Picture Of Wole Soyinka Arrested In 1965 By Akintola Supported By Tafawa Balewa by Olabode971(f): 1:10pm On Jul 13, 2020
James4bright:

Can you pinpoint where hatred lies in my statement; also tell me the whereabout of the word "competition" in the opinion I made? ? cry
James4bright:

Can you pinpoint where hatred lies in my statement; also tell me the whereabout of the word "competition" in the opinion I made? ?
Re: Picture Of Wole Soyinka Arrested In 1965 By Akintola Supported By Tafawa Balewa by ChoCho54(f): 1:19pm On Jul 13, 2020
Baycard55:

Smh
So you and Sarrki is the 2% of over 200million people
Yes! Our appendages are one with us.
Re: Picture Of Wole Soyinka Arrested In 1965 By Akintola Supported By Tafawa Balewa by James4bright(m): 1:25pm On Jul 13, 2020
Olabode971:

Can you pinpoint where hatred lies in my statement; also tell me the whereabout of the word "competition" in the opinion I made? ? cry

Can you pinpoint where hatred lies in my statement; also tell me the whereabout of the word "competition" in the opinion I made? ?

Your comment supports secession and at the same time one African nation outdoing the other in terms of success.
Re: Picture Of Wole Soyinka Arrested In 1965 By Akintola Supported By Tafawa Balewa by Olabode971(f): 1:38pm On Jul 13, 2020
James4bright:

Your comment supports secession and at the same time one African nation outdoing the other in terms of success.

And am sure Succession isn't hatred and one country outgrowing the other isn't competition because if they really were; why can't Nigeria take a clue from other countries, e.g Ukraine. And as for development they don't need to go far; they should understudy Rwanda which is nearby..
Re: Picture Of Wole Soyinka Arrested In 1965 By Akintola Supported By Tafawa Balewa by James4bright(m): 1:55pm On Jul 13, 2020
Olabode971:

And am sure Succession isn't hatred and one country outgrowing the other isn't competition because if they really were; why can't Nigeria take a clue from other countries, e.g Ukraine. And as for development they don't need to go far; they should understudy Rwanda which is nearby..

What good would secession bring? Everyone in Nigeria feels like they have a valuable opinion.

Fight for restructuring rather. Nigeria has a very massive labour market. Slot is owned by an igbo man but do you know how many none igbos patronize slot?

Do you know how many none Yorubas are on nairaland?

Nigerian music industry is the biggest in Africa, you think that would happen if we had little population?

Fight for restructuring and you'd be happy you are Nigerian.
Re: Picture Of Wole Soyinka Arrested In 1965 By Akintola Supported By Tafawa Balewa by Olabode971(f): 2:10pm On Jul 13, 2020
James4bright:

What good would secession bring? Everyone in Nigeria feels like they have a valuable opinion.

Fight for restructuring rather. Nigeria has a very massive labour market. Slot is owned by an igbo man but do you know how many none igbos patronize slot?

Do you know how many none Yorubas are on nairaland?

Nigerian music industry is the biggest in Africa, you think that would happen if we had little population?

Fight for restructuring and you'd be happy you are Nigerian.

Please can you emphatically make mention of those who want pioneer this so called "ReStructure" of this country?? ?

Perhaps the likes of Buhari, Atiku, Osibanjo, Okorocha,Wike,Gandoje, Magu, Malami, Ngige??

1 Like

Re: Picture Of Wole Soyinka Arrested In 1965 By Akintola Supported By Tafawa Balewa by James4bright(m): 2:23pm On Jul 13, 2020
Olabode971:

Please can you emphatically make mention of those who want pioneer this so called "ReStructure" of this country?? ?

Perhaps the likes of Buhari, Atiku, Osibanjo, Okorocha,Wike,Gandoje, Magu, Malami, Ngige??

They don't need to, they don't even make up 10% of the Nigerian populace. Nigerians would just rather fight for secession because of hatred for one another than fight for what's right.

America is very populous, and this has helped a good number of American brands grow financially compared to other brands in smaller countries.
Re: Picture Of Wole Soyinka Arrested In 1965 By Akintola Supported By Tafawa Balewa by Olabode971(f): 2:29pm On Jul 13, 2020
James4bright:

They don't need to, they don't even make up 10% of the Nigerian populace. Nigerians would just rather fight for secession because of hatred for one another than fight for what's right.

America is very populous, and this has helped a good number of American brands grow financially compared to other brands in smaller countries.

Okay... So if me and you are among the populous people in this country Rise for ReStructure of this nation; Then; Who will help us to RESTRUCTURE IT...

Re: Picture Of Wole Soyinka Arrested In 1965 By Akintola Supported By Tafawa Balewa by James4bright(m): 2:37pm On Jul 13, 2020
Olabode971:

Okay... So if me and you are among the populous people in this country Rise for ReStructure of this nation; Then; Who will help us to RESTRUCTURE IT...

We keep preaching the word with the hopes it reaches a good number of Nigerians.

You aren't yoruba, nor a girl. Never seen a Yoruba person who wanted secession.
Re: Picture Of Wole Soyinka Arrested In 1965 By Akintola Supported By Tafawa Balewa by Nobody: 2:51pm On Jul 13, 2020
Mysticwebb:

He doesn't need to steal his wife's dress, people from that side always have rat poison in their pocket waiting for when the going gets tough.
That is why he has one of his hands in the pocket, to cross-check it is the right otapiapia and not indocid.
That was what gave him that confidence.
Luckily for him, it didn't get tougher than what he expected.
grin grin chei

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Kwankwanso And Tambuwal Sabotaged Atiku?? / Gunmen Burn Nkporo Police Station In Abia (Photos) / Ademola Adeleke Was Prostrating For Oluwo Of Iwo, Not Omisore (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.