Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,991 members, 7,810,766 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:56 PM

12-Year-Old Boy's Racist Messages To Wilfried Zaha - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / 12-Year-Old Boy's Racist Messages To Wilfried Zaha (42445 Views)

Jeremiah Johnson: '12-Year-Old' Football Player's Look Shocks Social Media Users / Portsmouth Sack 3 Players For Racist Messages About Rashford, Saka, Sancho / Arsenal Offer £40m Plus Three Players For Wilfried Zaha (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

12-Year-Old Boy's Racist Messages To Wilfried Zaha by ogbiwa: 7:45am On Jul 13, 2020
A 12-year-old boy has been arrested by police investigating racist messages sent to Crystal Palace forward Wilfried Zaha on social media.

Zaha revealed he had received several abusive messages on social media before Sunday's trip to Aston Villa, a game they lost 2-0.

His manager Roy Hodgson called the abuse "cowardly and despicable".

The Premier League called the abuse of the 27-year-old Ivory Coast winger "completely unacceptable".

West Midlands Police tweeted Zaha to say they would look into the abuse and hours later confirmed an arrest.

"We were alerted to a series of racist messages sent to a footballer today and after looking into them and conducting checks, we have arrested a boy," read a WM Police tweet.

"The 12-year-old from Solihull has been taken to custody. Thanks to everyone who raised it. Racism won't be tolerated."

Speaking to Sky Sports before the arrest, Hodgson added: "It's been highlighted at the moment anyway with the Black Lives Matter movement and everyone seems to be making such an effort to eradicate this behaviour.

"It is very sad that, on the day of a game, a player wakes up to this cowardly and despicable abuse. It's right Wilf has made people aware of it and I don't think this is something you should keep quiet about.

"He wants to put off one of our best players from playing well today, but to do it in the way he has chosen is totally inexcusable."

The Premier League said: "This behaviour is completely unacceptable and the Premier League stands alongside Wilfried Zaha in opposing this, and discrimination in any form.

"We will continue to support players, managers, coaches and their family members who receive serious discriminatory online abuse."

Players in England's top flight have been kneeling in support of the Black Lives Matter movement before every match since the season restarted in June.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/53381586

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 12-Year-Old Boy's Racist Messages To Wilfried Zaha by logon599: 7:46am On Jul 13, 2020
Why won't children get involved. They've observed the adults do it over time and now they've assumed it as normal. So how will he be punished now? Take away his phone?

Are you planning an upcoming building project and don't have a decent plan yet? Contact me to design the complete building drawings (architectural, as well as securing structural, mechanical, electrical and Bill of Quantities, including professional construction supervision, consultation and labor from foundation to any level) all at VERY decent costs. See correspondence in my signature below or simply chat/call 0816 124 7898 to get started or see samples. Thank you

134 Likes 6 Shares

Re: 12-Year-Old Boy's Racist Messages To Wilfried Zaha by paulolee(m): 7:46am On Jul 13, 2020
bad....Whats the business with a 12yr old boy and racism..
generally i think dt people aint born racist bt are made racist due to bad parenting or bad social influence..
Even in professional football, ex internationals do retire and we see the whites taking nice coaching jobs like lampard and co, what abt the blacks that are interested in coaching?? mayb they aint good enough or the top European clubs wnt find it nice if a black skin is incharge of d changing room...
Samuel eto once said "racism in world football is like cancer, it can be controlled and managed bt cnt be cured completely

122 Likes 11 Shares

Re: 12-Year-Old Boy's Racist Messages To Wilfried Zaha by SaAyomikun(m): 7:48am On Jul 13, 2020
Morning nairalanders and sorry to barge in here.

I really want to start a new topic on this forum but don't know how to. Please, I can't find any tab leading me there. All I can do is make comments, I can't seem to start a topic.

kindly put me through if you can, please.

3 Likes

Re: 12-Year-Old Boy's Racist Messages To Wilfried Zaha by ogbiwa: 7:53am On Jul 13, 2020
SaAyomikun:
Morning nairalanders and sorry to barge in here.

I really want to start a new topic on this forum but don't know how to. Please, I can't find any tab leading me there. All I can do is make comments, I can't seem to start a topic.

kindly put me through if you can, please.

Go to the section under which you want to create a topic eg. Politics, under the section header you should see CREATE NEW TOPIC. Cheers

33 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 12-Year-Old Boy's Racist Messages To Wilfried Zaha by TheSourcerer: 8:30am On Jul 13, 2020
Hate is taught and learnt .
If they really care , the parents should be arrested and faulted too.

15 Likes

Re: 12-Year-Old Boy's Racist Messages To Wilfried Zaha by Bojack(m): 8:35am On Jul 13, 2020
Trolling gone wrong

No amount of kneeling is going to stop racism even if they kneel from UK to Iraq

32 Likes 6 Shares

Re: 12-Year-Old Boy's Racist Messages To Wilfried Zaha by CAPSLOCKED: 8:56am On Jul 13, 2020
Bojack:
Trolling gone wrong

No amount of kneeling is going to stop racism even they kneel from UK to Iraq

THEY CAN ALL CRAWL FROM EUROPE TO SOUTH AMERICA AND BACK. RACISM WON'T GO AWAY AS LONG AS BLACKS CONTINUE TO DISREGARD AND SUBJUGATE EACH OTHER.

BLACK LIVES MATTER ONLY WHEN A BLACK PERSON IS KILLED BY THE POLICE.
IN THE US ALONE, EVERY YEAR, HUNDREDS OF BLACK GIRLS ARE MOLESTED BY BLACKS. HUNDREDS OF BLACK MEN ARE KILLED BY BLACKS. HUNDREDS OF BLACK ON BLACK CRIMES HAPPEN BUT IT'S SEEN AS A LIFESTYLE.

THIS BLM MOVEMENT IS COMPLETELY HYPOCRITICAL. SEE HOW IT ATTRACTS MORE DUNDERHEADS FROM OTHER BLACK NATIONS INCLUDING NIGERIA?

BLACKS DON'T ACCEPT, LOVE AND CARE FOR THEMSELVES BUT WANT OTHERS TO LOVE, ACCEPT AND CARE FOR THEM.
CHARITY BEGINS AT HOME. THE REST OF THE WORLD WILL ALWAYS TREAT US THE WAY WE TREAT OURSELVES.
LIKE SHĮT.

137 Likes 17 Shares

Re: 12-Year-Old Boy's Racist Messages To Wilfried Zaha by Arturitoroman: 10:09am On Jul 13, 2020
kudos to the police for arresting him
Re: 12-Year-Old Boy's Racist Messages To Wilfried Zaha by 9jayes: 11:10am On Jul 13, 2020

The boy is a jew

3 Likes

Re: 12-Year-Old Boy's Racist Messages To Wilfried Zaha by Nobody: 11:10am On Jul 13, 2020
It all pours down from parents to offspring
Racism will keep thriving and souring as long as blacks with their black minds are still existence angry

2 Likes

Re: 12-Year-Old Boy's Racist Messages To Wilfried Zaha by chukwuibuipob: 11:10am On Jul 13, 2020
sad No better horsewhip to correct the abnormal kid
Re: 12-Year-Old Boy's Racist Messages To Wilfried Zaha by FamousMonk: 11:11am On Jul 13, 2020
But Zaha is black...
Or isn't he

2 Likes

Re: 12-Year-Old Boy's Racist Messages To Wilfried Zaha by FrankwebdevO(m): 11:11am On Jul 13, 2020
Hmm
Re: 12-Year-Old Boy's Racist Messages To Wilfried Zaha by Nobody: 11:12am On Jul 13, 2020
Watch Nairaland tribalists condemn racism. And that includes the mod that pushed this to front page. Scratching a strangers itch when you are riddled with fleas.

22 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 12-Year-Old Boy's Racist Messages To Wilfried Zaha by oluwaseyi0: 11:12am On Jul 13, 2020
The 12 years old white racist is a ghost with no face?

I'm sure if it's black criminal his face and nationality will be everywhere

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: 12-Year-Old Boy's Racist Messages To Wilfried Zaha by emmabest2000(m): 11:12am On Jul 13, 2020
Black life matters

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 12-Year-Old Boy's Racist Messages To Wilfried Zaha by Topsy250: 11:12am On Jul 13, 2020
sad
Re: 12-Year-Old Boy's Racist Messages To Wilfried Zaha by uthlaw: 11:12am On Jul 13, 2020
CAPSLOCKED:

THEY CAN ALL CRAWL FROM EUROPE TO SOUTH AMERICA AND BACK. RACISM WON'T GO AWAY AS LONG AS BLACKS CONTINUE TO DISREGARD AND SUBJUGATE EACH OTHER.
you said it all....racist is even better than the way we treat ourselves!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 12-Year-Old Boy's Racist Messages To Wilfried Zaha by OakRealtorsNG: 11:12am On Jul 13, 2020
Alright then..
Re: 12-Year-Old Boy's Racist Messages To Wilfried Zaha by paulolee(m): 11:13am On Jul 13, 2020
Bojack:
Trolling gone wrong

No amount of kneeling is going to stop racism even they kneel from UK to Iraq
yup...it cNt end or stopped bt can be controlled and managed and wud always kip showing ita stubborn face atims...we gat stick used to it..
Re: 12-Year-Old Boy's Racist Messages To Wilfried Zaha by jericco1(m): 11:14am On Jul 13, 2020
Juvenile delinquent
Re: 12-Year-Old Boy's Racist Messages To Wilfried Zaha by OkhaiAsein(m): 11:14am On Jul 13, 2020
wetin concern nairaland with the matter
Re: 12-Year-Old Boy's Racist Messages To Wilfried Zaha by Scatterscatter(m): 11:14am On Jul 13, 2020
As a punishment, they should send the boy to Nigeria to spend the next 30years of his life without parental support grin

6 Likes

Re: 12-Year-Old Boy's Racist Messages To Wilfried Zaha by Lexusgs430: 11:15am On Jul 13, 2020
Plenty of such 12 year olds, full nairaland.com........... cheesy

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 12-Year-Old Boy's Racist Messages To Wilfried Zaha by OkhaiAsein(m): 11:15am On Jul 13, 2020
wetin con concern nairaland with the matter

1 Like 3 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Meet Amon Okechukwu : 1 Legged Nigerian Athlete That Can Jump Over Cars - Photos / Christian Obodo Kidnapped Again In Warri / Rift Between Mikel Obi And Onazi Divides Super Eagles

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.