Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,770 members, 7,817,137 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:50 AM

Jonathan's Victory Is More Certain Than I Thought - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan's Victory Is More Certain Than I Thought (1179 Views)

Saraki's Victory Is Northern Conspiracy Agains Yoruba-bisi Akande Blasts / My Victory Is The Fulfilment Of Pastor Adeboye’s Prophecy- Osinbajo Testifies / Fashola Performed Better Than I Did – Tinubu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jonathan's Victory Is More Certain Than I Thought by Nobody: 10:33am On Feb 04, 2011
IMO GEJ will coast home so easily to victory.

The majority of people against his ambition from what I can see are the elites who have a fair but not necessarily deep knowledge of the workings of the economy. From feelers I get from my support staff, its like he's overwhelmingly popular among the 'masses'.

The question now is; how many of those that seem enlightened enough will vote? Certainly not very much.

I see GEJ winning so convincingly
Re: Jonathan's Victory Is More Certain Than I Thought by blacksta(m): 10:40am On Feb 04, 2011
Please clarify

With or Without Rigging
Re: Jonathan's Victory Is More Certain Than I Thought by Nobody: 10:43am On Feb 04, 2011
I'm sure you can read.

Go through my post again slowly and thoughtfully. You can talk to your teacher if you need help
Re: Jonathan's Victory Is More Certain Than I Thought by Nobody: 10:49am On Feb 04, 2011
as unfortunate as it seems, i am inclined 2 agree. Even tho his fb support has gone down a bit, it is still massive. An indication that he has a strong following of hopeful youths that may not know better.

I guess Nigeria will have to wait for when a Fashola/Amaechi/El-Rufai/Sanusi president sneaks in somehow before the nation can see major strides in progress.
Re: Jonathan's Victory Is More Certain Than I Thought by emmadaniel: 10:51am On Feb 04, 2011
MOST CERTAINLY

HE HAS ALREADY WON!
Re: Jonathan's Victory Is More Certain Than I Thought by Nobody: 10:54am On Feb 04, 2011
Stromae:

as unfortunate as it seems, i am inclined 2 agree. Even tho his fb support has gone down a bit, it is still massive. An indication that he has a strong following of hopeful youths that may not know better.

I guess Nigeria will have to wait for when a Fashola/Amaechi/El-Rufai/Sanusi president sneaks in somehow before the nation can see major strides in progress.
when will this ever happen,amaechi is presently concerned with his state,fashola with lagos,el-rufai not very sure of himself but sanusi hmm,comment reserved
Re: Jonathan's Victory Is More Certain Than I Thought by Nobody: 11:03am On Feb 04, 2011
blacksta with or without rigging most of the common nigerian people (including my parents and friends) are fully behind Goodluck Jonathan.

It was only yesterday that I managed to convince my mom that he was not the best presido for the country. All she kept saying she wanted a new person (GEJ) and the rest were all thieves including the old leaders (Buhari, IBB, Atiku, OBJ). I had to bring her attention to GEJ being in the same party with the people she detested so much and how could she expect anything different, before she started thinking differently.
Re: Jonathan's Victory Is More Certain Than I Thought by Nsiman(m): 11:28am On Feb 04, 2011
Pls dn't wait to be told, join us as we feel the fresh air. jonathan/sambo, the ticket to beat
Re: Jonathan's Victory Is More Certain Than I Thought by blacksta(m): 11:31am On Feb 04, 2011
Stromae:

blacksta with or without rigging most of the common nigerian people (including my parents and friends) are fully behind Goodluck Jonathan.

It was only yesterday that I managed to convince my mom that he was not the best presido for the country. All she kept saying she wanted a new person (GEJ) and the rest were all thieves including the old leaders (Buhari, IBB, Atiku, OBJ). I had to bring her attention to GEJ being in the same party with the people she detested so much and how could she expect anything different, before she started thinking differently.

Lol

De javu  -

Same happened here  - I actually shouted  on top of my voice when i heard that my mother was going to vote for GEJ. I also had to explain that the Jury is still out on GEJ.  It is just unfortunate that GEJ Is guilty by association and 12 years of PDP misrule does not help his situation.  In my household we all tilting to side of ACN.  Unless GoodLuck Jam Goodluck then we go vote PDP.
Re: Jonathan's Victory Is More Certain Than I Thought by rebranded(m): 11:54am On Feb 04, 2011
dappssee:

I'm sure you can read.

Go through my post again slowly and thoughtfully. You can talk to your teacher if you need help

Must you be so disrespectful? to a simple question

at post because your support staff that represents .000001% of the 'masses' feel so, dont make it so Mr.

Rubbish Post!
Re: Jonathan's Victory Is More Certain Than I Thought by egift(m): 11:57am On Feb 04, 2011
Re: Jonathan's Victory Is More Certain Than I Thought by Nobody: 1:43pm On Feb 04, 2011
rebranded:

at post because your support staff that represents .000001% of the 'masses' feel so, dont make it so Mr.

Rubbish Post!

So what makes it not so? Your conviction? Ask the next artisan, market woman, okada rider, cleaner etc you meet.

My post is rubbish, yours lacks common sense
Re: Jonathan's Victory Is More Certain Than I Thought by blacksta(m): 1:51pm On Feb 04, 2011
rebranded:

Rubbish Post!

They say silence is best answer for a fo ol - absolute spot on i say

just ignore
Re: Jonathan's Victory Is More Certain Than I Thought by Nobody: 1:53pm On Feb 04, 2011
blacksta:

They say silence is best answer for a fo ol - absolute spot on i say

just ignore

Would you describe your response as 'silence'? Maybe you're the bigger f**l
Re: Jonathan's Victory Is More Certain Than I Thought by Mobinga: 1:55pm On Feb 04, 2011
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
lolll lollll

another verbal warfare!!
Re: Jonathan's Victory Is More Certain Than I Thought by blacksta(m): 1:59pm On Feb 04, 2011
dappssee:

Would you describe your response as 'silence'? Maybe you're the bigger f**l

The vexation of a fool is known at once , but the prudent ignores an insult
Re: Jonathan's Victory Is More Certain Than I Thought by Yorubaman2: 2:04pm On Feb 04, 2011
blacksta:

The vexation of a fool is known at once , but the prudent ignores an insult

ye pa

Wise words grin grin
Re: Jonathan's Victory Is More Certain Than I Thought by naso2(m): 2:14pm On Feb 04, 2011
people are just refusing to see the obvious. Visibility and party structure are too key determinants of election outcome. Gej has sufficient dose of both ahead of other candidates.

The only threat to GEJ would have been a CPC/ACN merger  that picks a strong vp from SE.

At the moment at least 90% of SE, and SS votes  will go to GEJ. 60% of NC goes to GEJ. SW and NE will be shared almost evenly but i strongly feel GEJ still has an edge.

Buhari wins only NW. Dont ask me about ribadu.
Re: Jonathan's Victory Is More Certain Than I Thought by blacksta(m): 2:22pm On Feb 04, 2011
na_so:

people are just refusing to see the obvious. Visibility and party structure are too key determinants of election outcome. Gej has sufficient dose of both ahead of other candidates.

The only threat to GEJ would have been a CPC/ACN merger  that picks a strong vp from SE.

At the moment at least 90% of SE, and SS votes  will go to GEJ. 60% of NC goes to GEJ. SW and NE will be shared almost evenly but i strongly feel GEJ still has an edge.

Buhari wins only NW. Dont ask me about ribadu.

Almost correct - it is too close to call - SE + SS dont have enough votes to declare a landslide

I would resist calls to use the voting patterns of the delegates to determine the actual voting pattern of the masses . One thing that is certain this time round - Many more Nigerians are going to vote.
Re: Jonathan's Victory Is More Certain Than I Thought by naso2(m): 2:42pm On Feb 04, 2011
@blacksta

I understand you dont like GEJ, thats ok. Infact our democracy dies , the moment we run out of alternatives, or when dissenting voices fail to provide  the necessary checks.

Buts lets for the moment look at the reality on ground not necessarily how we wish.

Buhari is the closest contender but he still remains unappealing to the youth and a lot of  christians( Forget the Bakare influence , it wont work). Another problem with Buhari is his party structure . At the moment the party simply starts and ends with Buhari. Close to the elections Buhari will not be able to cope with the media war, yes I mean it. He is not skilled for that and the men in his fold dont look it either. Only an alliance with the likes of Tinubu would have helped him in the pre-election media battle, which will be very key in swaying votes. In the end Buhari is sure of just his northwest region.

On the other hand the belief of the average Nigerian in the "divine hand" in peoples life will be exploited to the fullest by GEJ.  He has massive youth following, he has SS and SE locked in the bag. Northern minorities and christians in the North would vote him massively(no thanks to the fears of  fulani domination by the minorities).

Take it or leave it GEJ will do very well in the SW. Mimiko is already working for him. As popular as ACN is in LAGOS GEJ will get at least 45% of the votes in Lagos.

What you need to win this election is simple majority and at least 25% of votes in 24 states. Sincerely it will take GEJ pee on national TV to change this.
Re: Jonathan's Victory Is More Certain Than I Thought by blacksta(m): 2:51pm On Feb 04, 2011
@Na_so   

Abeg easy 000  grin  I have nothing against GEJ -  it is just unfortunate that he has chosen to associate with PDP and every meaning full effort is being choked and hijacked by the cabal in PDP and he is unable to battle this cabal. I also strongly believe that GEJ thinks that it is only PDP that can deliver the presidential post to him -
Re: Jonathan's Victory Is More Certain Than I Thought by naso2(m): 2:54pm On Feb 04, 2011
^^^^^

Haba. i no threaten you na grin grin.

But the truth be say most of the threads wey u dey like na the ones wey dem dey bash GEJ.
Re: Jonathan's Victory Is More Certain Than I Thought by blacksta(m): 2:57pm On Feb 04, 2011
na_so:

^^^^^

Haba. i no threaten you na grin grin.

But the truth be say most of the threads wey u dey like na the ones wey dem dey bash GEJ.

Na beaf and co - cause am - with the rate at which those guys dey spread propaganda - completely different from reality
Re: Jonathan's Victory Is More Certain Than I Thought by Nsiman(m): 3:10pm On Feb 04, 2011
@ blacksta, one ayubam here on nl was criticising gej for associating with the likes of obj, atiku, ibb etc, but today he is refering us to jesus who was hated because he associated with tax collectors, sinners etc but today he is the savior, i tell u too that we shld take a lesson from that. Gej/pdp has structures nationwide that will earn them victory in April than other parties/candidates.
Re: Jonathan's Victory Is More Certain Than I Thought by Genbuhari3: 3:26pm On Feb 04, 2011
Hillary Clinton's Democratic party's nomination was certain until Obama won New Hampsire!

Make una keep dreaming on a certain GEJ ticket. We will compare notes in April!
Re: Jonathan's Victory Is More Certain Than I Thought by Nobody: 3:35pm On Feb 04, 2011
Jonathan has not been a bad President.
He has shown serious leadership qualities and if sentiments are laid aside, every well meaning Nigerian should vote him.

I am not voting for the PDP, but I am voting for Jonathan.

Buhari will make a good commander of a Battalion or a good NSA, but a President? He is simply a general.
Bakare is not even a Pastro by calling, he is more of a Prophet and Prophets by nature and design only declare warnings.

Ribadu should have gone to his state or the senate before coming to rule Ngieria.

Despite all permutations, all we have to do is, register and vote and wait for Jega to announce the winner.
Re: Jonathan's Victory Is More Certain Than I Thought by Genbuhari3: 3:39pm On Feb 04, 2011
Wasted vote, oga noblezone

You dont like PDP but you are voting Jonathan. PDP is the engine of GEJ, if it is faulty, then your man is useless. and that is why he has been malfunctioning!
Re: Jonathan's Victory Is More Certain Than I Thought by Nsiman(m): 3:40pm On Feb 04, 2011
@ genbuhari, that was in the primaries, same way it happened btwen gej and atiku. Just sample opinions outside this forum
Re: Jonathan's Victory Is More Certain Than I Thought by Genbuhari3: 4:22pm On Feb 04, 2011
sorry, Jonathan was certain to get PDP ticket after he had armtwisted the governors, shared $ 1 billion of our account to them on the eve of the new year and controlled delegates at the convention. Atiku was the underdog my friend.

The masses in April are not controllable and everybody will vote according to their conscience.
Re: Jonathan's Victory Is More Certain Than I Thought by Nsiman(m): 4:34pm On Feb 04, 2011
U are a political novist, so u dn't knw that states, l.gs and communities decides who to vote for? Wake up politically my friend.
Re: Jonathan's Victory Is More Certain Than I Thought by OAM4J: 5:17pm On Feb 04, 2011
If CPC and ACN refuse to work together, then Jonathan's victory is a done deal.
Re: Jonathan's Victory Is More Certain Than I Thought by Nobody: 7:26pm On Feb 04, 2011
noblezone:

Jonathan has not been a bad President.
He has shown serious leadership qualities and if sentiments are laid aside, every well meaning Nigerian should vote him.

I am not voting for the PDP, but I am voting for Jonathan.

Buhari will make a good commander of a Battalion or a good NSA, but a President? He is simply a general.
Bakare is not even a Pastro by calling, he is more of a Prophet and Prophets by nature and design only declare warnings.

Ribadu should have gone to his state or the senate before coming to rule Nigeria.

Despite all permutations, all we have to do is, register and vote and wait for Jega to announce the winner.

INTERESTING! shocked shocked shocked

Sir can you be kind enuf to point out those good leadership qualities? I guess they will include:

*Total squander of excess crude account with out basic infrastructure to show for it!
*Wanton borrowing without pointing what the money is used for with regard to the citizenry
*Importation of goods and services that Nigerian companies can produce[waste bin of all thing!]
*Crisis, bombings, assassinations, riots, killing of innocent citizens by security agents that are suppose to protect them and grand disunity among the citizenry more than ever seen in any previous Nigerian government and yet government of GEJ doesn't feel there is need for decisive action!

Please just point out the grand performance of GEJ in government for close to a year so i can join you to praise him!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Breaking News Osama's Body Buried At Sea-bbc / Commercial Gold Mining Begins In Osun This Year, Says Minister . / 10 Years Of Democracy: Is Nigeria Making Headway?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.