Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,684 members, 7,831,125 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 02:01 PM

A Police Officer Wants To Quit Over Poor Pay - Career (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / A Police Officer Wants To Quit Over Poor Pay (42669 Views)

Obstacle A Police Officer Must Cross Before Qualifying As Mobile Police Officer / AY Shiga: Incredible Transformation Of A Police Officer (Photos) / Dana Pharmaceutical Workers In Minna Protest Over Poor Working Conditions (Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Police Officer Wants To Quit Over Poor Pay by BigDick70inch(m): 5:20pm On Jul 14, 2020
[quote author=Pharaohny post=91704112][/quote]

Idiot..
Recognise a joke when u see one..
Werey!!!
Re: A Police Officer Wants To Quit Over Poor Pay by 9icetoo(m): 5:31pm On Jul 14, 2020
BigDick70inch:
Okay aint gon talk bout dos 20 naira sir..maybe yo way above that..

How bout 50 nairas instead huh??do u also reject them huh??pls be truthful.. cheesy
Cos..that is more common dan collecting 20 naira.. wink
]

Don't don't stupid. Everything is not a joke.
OP, grow your side hustle. If you have integrity, someone will eventually notice you.
Keep at it. Don't quit without a stable side business.
If you are truly upright and don't take bribes, believe me, someone will take notice and this your story will change.

Re: A Police Officer Wants To Quit Over Poor Pay by Nobody: 5:41pm On Jul 14, 2020
Don't insult our intelligence, just say you want to quit because your superiors didn't approve your request for road duty deployment.
Re: A Police Officer Wants To Quit Over Poor Pay by chinedi7(m): 7:20pm On Jul 14, 2020
what's your rank?
Re: A Police Officer Wants To Quit Over Poor Pay by Ralpdee123: 8:02pm On Jul 14, 2020
Hotzone:

U must be a sergeant

And if u quit now u May lost ur pension which must be close to 1million naira as u are yet 15yrs in service at the rules of engagement entails so I urge u to keep faith because soon, u will become inspector of police and the salary with its responsibilities may take u to a greater height and by His Grace, u may get better posting. Life is filled with grace. I wish u more great strides in ur endeavors ..be strong my brother

@Hotzone....

You're clearly spot on. I found your advice very helpful.

Amen to the prayers and words of encouragement.

Thanks again.
Re: A Police Officer Wants To Quit Over Poor Pay by Ralpdee123: 8:05pm On Jul 14, 2020
jacoik:
wow!!! I just love your advice to him bro

@Jacoik.....

Thank you for this. I will definitely redirect my thinking around this and come up with something positive.

God bless you Bro.
Re: A Police Officer Wants To Quit Over Poor Pay by Ralpdee123: 8:09pm On Jul 14, 2020
Engrmartins123:
Since you're already in service, you can switch to other paramilitary and get promoted instantly, you can switch to civil defence, fire service or prison and you will be upgraded immediately... Stay focus

I would definitely be happy to switch to NSCDC if possible but I doubt.

I'd be glad if you could help with information around this.

Well appreciated @Engrmartins123...
Re: A Police Officer Wants To Quit Over Poor Pay by Ralpdee123: 8:11pm On Jul 14, 2020
Openbusiness3:
May God bless you abundantly for this. NPF needs more officers with integrity like you. Am touched sad

@ Openbusiness3....

Thank you very much.

God bless you..

1 Like

Re: A Police Officer Wants To Quit Over Poor Pay by Ralpdee123: 8:17pm On Jul 14, 2020
damoceile:

Boss only if u know how much I need this job, pls how can help me get listed to the NPF... I'm a school cert holder, I need a job like that cos I'm tired of all these menial jobs hav bn doing over the years...

@Damoceile..... Maybe you should come take my spot lol.... DM your digits let me guide you through the process, you might be lucky...
Re: A Police Officer Wants To Quit Over Poor Pay by mrsiso(m): 8:30pm On Jul 14, 2020
Look, I respect you for choosing to quit rather than embarrass the force like most selfish people do, NPF doesn't deserve responsibile people like you because they don't appreciate you..

My advice: As a graduate you have alot of skills you can tap from, although having a family to feed might be challenging but It is better late than never.

Learn basic skills like graphics, printing, photography, farming or trading. These skills might sound funny but if you are focused and passionate about what you do, you won't regret it.

God bless you.
Re: A Police Officer Wants To Quit Over Poor Pay by AlphaStorm: 8:38pm On Jul 14, 2020
Bros think am well oooo.

BTW, check my siggy
Re: A Police Officer Wants To Quit Over Poor Pay by Nobody: 8:55pm On Jul 14, 2020
Oga Police, pls what is the salary difference of a constable corporal, Sargent, Sergent major and inspector. Please help me with their salary structure
Re: A Police Officer Wants To Quit Over Poor Pay by Nobody: 8:57pm On Jul 14, 2020
Ralpdee123:
Good morning Nlanders,

I have been considering quitting my police job to find something more productive & profitable to do with my life

Please professionals in the house.... Flood my thread with your wealth of experience abeg....

.... Help me do the needed for a wider view.... wink

Oga Police, pls what is the salary difference of a constable corporal, Sargent, Sergent major and inspector. Please help me with their salary structure

1 Like

Re: A Police Officer Wants To Quit Over Poor Pay by Mimiranky: 8:59pm On Jul 14, 2020
The curses laid on police officers for harassing and oppressing the mass has started working....
Re: A Police Officer Wants To Quit Over Poor Pay by profsho1(m): 9:01pm On Jul 14, 2020
Since you have MSc degree, it will gives u bright chance to secure lecturing job in higher institution.
There are many private universities & polytechnics that need the service of MSc holders.
Best of luck

1 Like

Re: A Police Officer Wants To Quit Over Poor Pay by pat077: 9:09pm On Jul 14, 2020
Ralpdee123:
Good morning Nlanders,

I have been considering quitting my police job to find something more productive & profitable to do with my life as a result of poor pay & lack of promotion.....

I was enlisted into the NPF since year 2009 at 21yrs, I was single then with big aspiration that someday I will move to the top echelon. While in the job, I struggled to send myself to school and bagged my first degree and through to masters level.

But one thing I have noticed is that there is no upward movement within the NPF unlike the other armed forces and some paramilitary agencies that have internal promotional policies of upgrading their personnel based on academic qualification and merit.

The first and only time this ever happened was five years ago when it was widely reported across all news platforms that the NPF was ready to promote graduates within the force to ASPs, exam was conducted, I passed and was selected to go to Abuja for final interview. It was a rough road for me as it was my first time at the FHQ, Abuja. But after like a week, the process was suspended indefinitely. That was the first time I heard the term MERIT LIST VS NATIONAL INTEREST LIST...the Senators and Reps etcs wanted to replace the list with their candidates and they disagree amongst themselves so the process was cancelled.

I must confess my family is getting larger now and the pay I get can't feed us not to talk of paying school fees. I had to double my hustle with side biz to meet up....

Even the Police academy now turn out graduates ASPs every year who are now superiors after just a few years. So what about us with requisite qualification and experience, don't we deserve to be promoted...?

It is on this note that I want to call it quit and move on...

So I need advice in this regard... Should I call it quit or still hold on a bit...cos I don tire......?

NB: For those of you that will be saying yenyenyen shocked police likes twenty Naira.... I have never received bribe from anyone throughout my 11 years in the job. I am the kind of Police Officer that you would meet on duty and would love to be a police officer.... grin

Please professionals in the house.... Flood my thread with your wealth of experience abeg....

.... Help me do the needed for a wider view.... wink
why did you want to quit your job when u are earning over 200k as you claimed in your other thread?
Re: A Police Officer Wants To Quit Over Poor Pay by Autophys1: 10:23pm On Jul 14, 2020
Can you start applying for jobs outside the Police force with your degrees while still with the Police.
I know ex-force men get top security jobs (not security men o) in the Corporate world.
They get Chief Security officers or Deputy.
Put your CV together and start applying!

1 Like

Re: A Police Officer Wants To Quit Over Poor Pay by hopeforcharles(m): 10:36pm On Jul 14, 2020
maximunimpact:

The reason many are poor and average is the fear of hunger...getting hungry to get what you want is a great difference maker
But you have to start from somewhere, and getting your daily bread is a nice start before the great leap of greatness.
Re: A Police Officer Wants To Quit Over Poor Pay by Mrbigman1(m): 3:00am On Jul 15, 2020
PatrickOkunima:
Na was for you o. He said he's not being promoted due to lack of connection, and you're advising him to join the NAVY. You think that would be easier?

Same persons said other forces get promoted unlike the police.

Plus since he has the certificate already, joining the navy seal wouldn’t be like a waec recruiter
Re: A Police Officer Wants To Quit Over Poor Pay by greatbrian(m): 6:49am On Jul 15, 2020
This is a uniform job when you buy form na Asp form you buy? Even in the army if not EC or been and ex boy its hard for you as a noncommissioned soldier to get commissioned unless you try academy or dssc with your very strong godfathers.

Quit at your peril. You knew what you signed for and you can't eat your cake and have it. Go to medical corp in the army navy or airforce, na so so graduate you go see for the ranks and file.

I still remember of of my instructors in G branch Army wing that year, oga sir was a warrant officer but he said he as his PhD. If not EC or he becomes AWO and gets commissioned to a captain + retirement I doubt he will ever smell officer cadre. Life no balance and na you buy form size up. Quit and get another job with your degree if you like or start looking for Asp form on your own.

1 Like

Re: A Police Officer Wants To Quit Over Poor Pay by damoceile: 8:00am On Jul 15, 2020
Ralpdee123:

@Damoceile..... Maybe you should come take my spot lol.... DM your digits let me guide you through the process, you might be lucky...

Wow thanks sir, I sent u a pm already check ur mail 0. 8. 1. 2. 3. 2. 7. 4. 5. 1. 0
Re: A Police Officer Wants To Quit Over Poor Pay by MichaelSokoto(m): 8:33am On Jul 15, 2020
if u don chop my ₦20 b4, Oga, I nor geh advice 4 u...

grin
Re: A Police Officer Wants To Quit Over Poor Pay by jamze: 9:57am On Jul 15, 2020
I was thinking it's quite easy to get promoted wen u enter with olevel and later present ur Bsc
Re: A Police Officer Wants To Quit Over Poor Pay by richbox(m): 10:13am On Jul 15, 2020
Veeque:
Lol.
After 11 years? Do you have the necessary connection?
Think very well! Don't jump out of your current boat of 'small pay' into the ocean of unemployment with the hopes of boarding a Ship of 'big pay'. Y'all(you and your family) might just drown in poverty.

Get the connection, job and sever ties with the Force. If not, be contented with what you have. The Labour market and economy are hard already. Don't add more misery to them and yourself.
Well spoken,it's really an ocean of unemployment.
Re: A Police Officer Wants To Quit Over Poor Pay by Ralpdee123: 10:48am On Jul 15, 2020
damoceile:

Wow thanks sir, I sent u a pm already check ur mail 0. 8. 1. 2. 3. 2. 7. 4. 5. 1. 0

Okay... I'll buzz you soon... smiley
Re: A Police Officer Wants To Quit Over Poor Pay by damoceile: 11:19am On Jul 15, 2020
Ralpdee123:

Okay... I'll buzz you soon... smiley

Alright I will be expecting sir

1 Like

Re: A Police Officer Wants To Quit Over Poor Pay by mandate12: 11:56am On Jul 15, 2020
Onebyonedead:
You are a public servant you should not come here and say all this that is not acceptable ..... please get out of here lazy ekelebe ......yeye man

cheesy This guy is mean!
Re: A Police Officer Wants To Quit Over Poor Pay by Sambai65(m): 5:06pm On Jul 15, 2020
INSTANTCASH345:
Bro,let me tell you the truth; no Nigerian job is easy oh especially federal & state govt jobs.

To even get there is based on merit and connection.

Please,hold on to the little you have now and plan for your retirement.

Also, learn digital skills and earn online to support your monthly pay.

Lots of Nigerians are looking to be where you are now but they ain't cos they have no one to assist them into the force.

Everything in Nigeria is gotten via connection and so you should you you need a higher force to help you get to the top in your career.

Ads:

Check me out on www.fiverr.com/nelpeterson and place you'd oder.

I have been looking for who will train me this online skill
Re: A Police Officer Wants To Quit Over Poor Pay by Ralpdee123: 9:29am On Jul 18, 2020
stevmatt15:

Sgt/Sgt Major: 60-62kk, , Insp.1 76-80k , Insp.2 120-130k.

Sorry for late response bro...
Re: A Police Officer Wants To Quit Over Poor Pay by Ralpdee123: 9:31am On Jul 18, 2020
damoceile:

Alright I will be expecting sir

.... I put a call through but you didn't answer... I sent you a text. Sorry for late reply, I have been busy.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

5 Occupations That Make Most Married Women Cheat / Man With One Hand That Breaks Firewood For A Living Pictured / Lagos Assembly Honours Josephine Ugwu, Airport Cleaner

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.