Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,006 members, 7,810,792 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:35 PM

Tolulope Arotile, Nigeria’s First Female Combat Helicopter Pilot, Dies At 23 - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tolulope Arotile, Nigeria’s First Female Combat Helicopter Pilot, Dies At 23 (80576 Views)

Taiwo Olufemi Asaniyi About-to-wed Pilot Dies In Kaduna Crash (Photo) / Alfred Ayodeji Olufade: Newly Married NAF Pilot Dies In Kaduna Crash / Tolulope Arotile's Death: Shehu Sani Mourns Combat Helicopter Pilot (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tolulope Arotile, Nigeria’s First Female Combat Helicopter Pilot, Dies At 23 by anukulapo: 2:03am On Jul 15, 2020
Flying Officer Tolulope Arotile, the first-ever female combat helicopter pilot in Nigeria, is dead. She was barely 23 years of age.

Arotile died as a result of head injuries sustained from a road traffic accident at Nigerian Air Force (NAF) Base Kaduna.

Her death came barely a year after she was winged as a combat helicopter pilot in the Air Force following the completion of her course in South Africa.

Confirming the accident, NAF Director of Public Relations and Information, Air Commodore Ibikunle Daramola, said until her death, ‪Flying Officer Arotile, who was commissioned into the NAF in September 2017 as a member of Nigerian Defence Academy Regular Course 64, was the first ever female combat helicopter pilot in the service.‬

He said: “During her short but impactful stay in the service, late Arotile, who hails from Iffe in Ijumu Local Government Area of Kogi State, contributed significantly to the efforts to rid the North Central States of armed bandits and other criminal elements by flying several combat missions under Operation GAMA AIKI in Minna, Niger State.

“The Chief of Air Staff, Air Marshal Sadique Abubakar, on behalf officers, airmen, airwomen and civilian staff of the NAF, commiserates with the family of late ‪Flying Officer Arotile‬ over this irreparable loss. We pray that the Almighty God grant her soul eternal rest.”
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.thisdaylive.com/index.php/2020/07/15/breaking-arotile-nigerias-first-female-combat-helicopter-pilot-dies-at-23/amp/

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Tolulope Arotile, Nigeria’s First Female Combat Helicopter Pilot, Dies At 23 by banty: 2:10am On Jul 15, 2020
Another national hero wasted in land..

383 Likes 15 Shares

Re: Tolulope Arotile, Nigeria’s First Female Combat Helicopter Pilot, Dies At 23 by boman2014: 2:18am On Jul 15, 2020
sad...
so sad. embarassed

79 Likes

Re: Tolulope Arotile, Nigeria’s First Female Combat Helicopter Pilot, Dies At 23 by Nobody: 4:59am On Jul 15, 2020
May her soul rest in peace

63 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Tolulope Arotile, Nigeria’s First Female Combat Helicopter Pilot, Dies At 23 by kayfra: 5:03am On Jul 15, 2020
This is sad. That's a national hero right there. A young achiever whose life got cut short

270 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Tolulope Arotile, Nigeria’s First Female Combat Helicopter Pilot, Dies At 23 by realstars: 5:07am On Jul 15, 2020
Flying In The Sky No Accedent, Comming Down The Road She Died From Injories Sustain From Road Accedent, And This Is Painful To Her Family, May She RIP.

286 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Tolulope Arotile, Nigeria’s First Female Combat Helicopter Pilot, Dies At 23 by OVB123: 5:23am On Jul 15, 2020
Hmmmm! This is what you see, when village people is at work.... rest in peace my dear.

46 Likes

Re: Tolulope Arotile, Nigeria’s First Female Combat Helicopter Pilot, Dies At 23 by Holamic: 5:29am On Jul 15, 2020
May her soul rest in peace..

7 Likes

Re: Tolulope Arotile, Nigeria’s First Female Combat Helicopter Pilot, Dies At 23 by BlackfireX: 5:42am On Jul 15, 2020
Yoruba winch I salute una o.,..

58 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tolulope Arotile, Nigeria’s First Female Combat Helicopter Pilot, Dies At 23 by funkybroyouknow: 5:53am On Jul 15, 2020
BlackfireX:
you are evil

128 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tolulope Arotile, Nigeria’s First Female Combat Helicopter Pilot, Dies At 23 by careytommy37(m): 6:17am On Jul 15, 2020
If you copied this news from this day website, surely it shouldn't be difficult to also copy the link

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tolulope Arotile, Nigeria’s First Female Combat Helicopter Pilot, Dies At 23 by JaffyJoe(m): 6:23am On Jul 15, 2020
What sort of road traffic accident is that within NAF base itself?

242 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Tolulope Arotile, Nigeria’s First Female Combat Helicopter Pilot, Dies At 23 by FolabiSanjay(m): 6:34am On Jul 15, 2020
Op road traffic accident inside base again.
Base that has speed limit
May God rest her soul but then this should be investigated

153 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Tolulope Arotile, Nigeria’s First Female Combat Helicopter Pilot, Dies At 23 by ikorodureporta: 6:44am On Jul 15, 2020
jihadists @ work

#assassinated!

49 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tolulope Arotile, Nigeria’s First Female Combat Helicopter Pilot, Dies At 23 by CODEIN: 6:53am On Jul 15, 2020
Useless journalism

No pic of the deceased

If na one attention seeking Susan Pwajok now, sultry pictures wey go consume data go boku

Mstchew!

Edited:
Modholes don upload photos as d topic dey enter FP so.

Chai! See person fine daughter as dem waste her

Bubu look the young girl kon reason say so na this yoloba fwam koyigi go dey killi my filani warriars with helokopiza, kai walayi you go hear am soon

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tolulope Arotile, Nigeria’s First Female Combat Helicopter Pilot, Dies At 23 by CODEIN: 6:56am On Jul 15, 2020
ikorodureporta:
jihadists @ work
U sabi dem, na dem dem

Dem jihadist kill pikin kon lie ontop road accido

Na make dis yeye fulani terrorist cuntry break make everybody know who be our enemy of progress

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tolulope Arotile, Nigeria’s First Female Combat Helicopter Pilot, Dies At 23 by CODEIN: 6:57am On Jul 15, 2020
NerdyRudeGyal:
When you copy someone else's work, you're supposed to post the link. It's the honest thing to do and it makes it easier for some of us who want to go on the site to find out more.
Dey there dey form formality for forum wey exist to reflect the senselessness everyone is accursed with in zoogeria cuntry

11 Likes

Re: Tolulope Arotile, Nigeria’s First Female Combat Helicopter Pilot, Dies At 23 by Slawormir: 6:58am On Jul 15, 2020
Damnnnnn niggarrr
Isoright
Rest in peace girl

5 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Tolulope Arotile, Nigeria’s First Female Combat Helicopter Pilot, Dies At 23 by chatom143: 6:58am On Jul 15, 2020
This news broke my heart and makes me shed tears,my day is spoiled already. Honestly, so many questions left unanswered, why must this beautiful and intelligent flying officer lost her life in a road traffic accident, What type of accident would lead to this huge, ugly incident, tragic, local and international loss? what type of accident inside the base would make such impact to our national hero? This is a huge loss of talents and a rare gift to Nigeria as whole. She was barely 23 years old and commissioned into service last year October .I hope the family and NAF could set up an independently panel of inquiry to find out what went wrong. Very sad and pathetic, may God comfort her family.

126 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Tolulope Arotile, Nigeria’s First Female Combat Helicopter Pilot, Dies At 23 by GOFRONT(m): 6:58am On Jul 15, 2020
Chaiii.....Person wey dey fly Copter for Air no crash for air, she nor get accident for air o.......Na when she wan drive for naija road she con get accident take die.....

Now, I nor know whether make i blame her Ijumu village people or make i blame NAF people or make I blame Buratai and buhari sef....

Rip young woman..

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tolulope Arotile, Nigeria’s First Female Combat Helicopter Pilot, Dies At 23 by Memphis357(m): 6:59am On Jul 15, 2020
This is very sad. Not an air crash but road accident in the NAF base. May her soul rest in perfect peace. This is a great loss considering the huge investment.....
All the young and vibrant soldiers are dying daily nobody is talking...while the criminals among them are hiding and stealing money up,down,left,right and center.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tolulope Arotile, Nigeria’s First Female Combat Helicopter Pilot, Dies At 23 by chinyerefrank444(f): 6:59am On Jul 15, 2020
definition of gone too soon

4 Likes

Re: Tolulope Arotile, Nigeria’s First Female Combat Helicopter Pilot, Dies At 23 by babamadiba(m): 6:59am On Jul 15, 2020
So painful. May God give the family the fortitude to bare the irrepable the loss.

7 Likes

Re: Tolulope Arotile, Nigeria’s First Female Combat Helicopter Pilot, Dies At 23 by Joshua070(m): 6:59am On Jul 15, 2020
village people at work

4 Likes

Re: Tolulope Arotile, Nigeria’s First Female Combat Helicopter Pilot, Dies At 23 by gambia(m): 6:59am On Jul 15, 2020
May her soul rest in peace. Death is inevitable, we all gonna die someday. I hope she was not killed.

2 Likes

Re: Tolulope Arotile, Nigeria’s First Female Combat Helicopter Pilot, Dies At 23 by RichDad1(m): 7:00am On Jul 15, 2020
This life is just a mystery.
One moment you’re here, next you are gone.
RIP Tolulope
cry cry

9 Likes

Re: Tolulope Arotile, Nigeria’s First Female Combat Helicopter Pilot, Dies At 23 by Onlinealaba(m): 7:00am On Jul 15, 2020
A young aspiring lady light has just been dimmed, may the good lord rest her soul and grant the family the fortitude to bear the loss

9 Likes

Re: Tolulope Arotile, Nigeria’s First Female Combat Helicopter Pilot, Dies At 23 by pyyxxaro: 7:00am On Jul 15, 2020
BlackfireX:

The trouble when you de find , u go see am this morning

Make I go wake them for you , brb

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tolulope Arotile, Nigeria’s First Female Combat Helicopter Pilot, Dies At 23 by Muurian: 7:00am On Jul 15, 2020
M

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Meet Anthony Chuka Douglas, Atiku Abubakar's Stepson & His Wife / Five Top Politicians That Will Spend Christmas In Jail(photos) / US Vs Iran: Nigeria’s Islamic Supreme Council Reacts, Issues Warning

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.