Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,090 members, 7,835,667 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 01:15 PM

Trump Ends Special Status For Hong Kong To Punish China, China Vows Retaliation - Foreign Affairs (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Trump Ends Special Status For Hong Kong To Punish China, China Vows Retaliation (46865 Views)

Biden Vows Retaliation Over Kabul Attack, Says ISIL Affiliates Are Responsible / Trump Ends Obama’s 12-year Run As ‘most-admired Man In America. / Two Million Hong Kong Protesters Politely Make Way For Ambulance (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Trump Ends Special Status For Hong Kong To Punish China, China Vows Retaliation by Nobody: 7:45am On Jul 15, 2020
anonymous1759:

Western puppet. Using Chinese product

Chinese are not bad at all, so saying we should see them as enemies is evil! Wat I suggest is people that heavily depend on China goods like Nigeria should do well to be self reliant as a simple shutting doors of china's borders for good outflow to Nigeria would cause health deterioration and imposed hardship on Nigerians, we should start opening new sea routes that open ways to Europe and north america, if we ever hope not to tie our survival on China, 80% of drugs used in Nigeria are both from India and China, all our goods in Nigeria is made in china, we need to change that narrative, but Europe and US has Been known to offer expensive things to Africa , over priced commodities, ripping off people's money for the same product, when US ships Goods to Africa u see difference btw US made goods and US assembled goods in China, Europe doesn't av our best interests in heart when it comes to affordibilty of goods that's why China should remain Nigerians closet friend than the West, during d event of war it would be difficult to chose BTW CHina and d West but that decision can be made easier if we start to lessen our dependence on China goods right now!

3 Likes

Re: Trump Ends Special Status For Hong Kong To Punish China, China Vows Retaliation by Nobody: 7:45am On Jul 15, 2020
allthingsgood:

Just like America finished Iran and North Korea abi. Stop swallowing US propaganda, wake up! The world is a global village, every action has consequences
did they not finish Iran? Have you been asleep?

5 Likes

Re: Trump Ends Special Status For Hong Kong To Punish China, China Vows Retaliation by nkwuocha1: 7:47am On Jul 15, 2020
solostar1:

Pls how did China kill Nigeria and Nigerians...?
Problem is that USA cannot stand a powerful country that want to stand on it's own. They want to control and influence every country on Earth.

The day USA will want what you have, that day they will write script on to your head. Accusations upon accusations......

Oga you're still derailing again!!!
Did USA bring the COVID19 virus.I dey talk about Wetin dey cripple the world as it is you dey yarn another thing.

USA didn't bring COVID19!!!Jesus!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Trump Ends Special Status For Hong Kong To Punish China, China Vows Retaliation by anonymous1759(m): 7:47am On Jul 15, 2020
kynbasil01:
when it comes to the title of ' most powerful country on earth' China is still many years behind America.

You're in love with uncle SAM. I salute china I don't think the United achieved the type of success china has at 74 . It's not easy for 74 year old baby rubbing shoulders with a 244 years old grandpa china is a country to emulate when it comes to achievements western media just make them look bad . America is not saint either. China is just 14 years older than Nigeria and hate them and clap for your leaders you must be joking.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Trump Ends Special Status For Hong Kong To Punish China, China Vows Retaliation by k2money(m): 7:47am On Jul 15, 2020
explosiveskull:
Muslims will hate trump for sure
Am an Agnostic but reading your comments make me mock you the religionist. China �� is not a Muslim country.
Re: Trump Ends Special Status For Hong Kong To Punish China, China Vows Retaliation by Nobody: 7:48am On Jul 15, 2020
seankafor:
Make dem carry the war go cyber warfare.. make we see who I'll triumph over each other cool

Chinese hackers I'll hack down the white house and pentagon in a day or two cool

When you wake from your slumber let us know.

Chinese hackers will hack down the white house and the pentagon in a day or two small pikin sense

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Trump Ends Special Status For Hong Kong To Punish China, China Vows Retaliation by nkwuocha1: 7:49am On Jul 15, 2020
igbesachick:

if china has such advanced tech to develop the covid virus, why does not china have the skill to control a tiny island hong kong and turn the table to america?

and nobody asks you to pay for the HIV damage . HIV crossed the species barrier to get on human in africa.

you suppose the chinese should go to church and pray for you day by day ? what else can they do if they dont live the way they lived?

just wait for few more months. those who beg and nag about "compensation" will die of covid or hunger and they dont bark any more.

i found the most angry ppl were indian. they are poor and an easy target for covid. but they no longer bark any more. all their internet comments were 3 months ago. those surviving have no energy left to bark .

What are you even saying?

4 Likes

Re: Trump Ends Special Status For Hong Kong To Punish China, China Vows Retaliation by Edojoma(m): 7:49am On Jul 15, 2020
Heathrow44:
I don't really feel this is a right decision for the US right now, the US should see hong Kong as a way of invading mainland China during a war, but is obvious China is trying to make sure they tighten their grip on hong Kong to make sure Hong kong doesn't turn into a FTZ(Free trade Zone) under Xin jinping's watch, but the decision Trump made is to me partially accurate cos u can't even guarantee Hong Kong citizens would remain neutral during a war BTW d two or if they would join mainland china, so its a 50% good choice and 50% bad choice but ultimately I think Trump made the right calls now, China may av abused the special status hongkong has to steal US technology to develop themselves...

I think he is doing it to frustrate hong Kong citizens so dey can put d blame on China,,and u no d result of such,, more protest,,anarchy n trouble for China...

1 Like

Re: Trump Ends Special Status For Hong Kong To Punish China, China Vows Retaliation by solostar1: 7:49am On Jul 15, 2020
nkwuocha1:
Hmm...

Come to think of it, how can China invent a virus that is about to wipe off millions off the earth and not get heavy sanctions?

Do you know how many families is in ruins?Or how many families wiped out??The pains and tears of watching your loved ones die slowly and painfully?

You can hate Trump, or his policies or he may not be re-elected.But let's not forget it's not Trump that's killing us and has brought devastating consequences to our normal daily lives but China.

I have customers in China who I import from and to tell tell you the truth,while we are on lockdown with hunger ravaging our communities, they were still producing and updating their WhatsApp frequently to advertise new inventions.

This people were going about their normal lives while thousands are dying like chicken, especially in Brazil.

China wicked I swear!
They must pay for the millions of lives and businesses they killed,Trump or no Trump.

Stop buying from China and start buying from USA.
chikena
Re: Trump Ends Special Status For Hong Kong To Punish China, China Vows Retaliation by kynbasil01: 7:50am On Jul 15, 2020
anonymous1759:

You're in love with uncle SAM. I salute china I don't think the United achieved the type of success china has at 74 . It's not easy for 74 year old baby rubbing shoulders with a 244 years old grandpa china is a country to emulate when it comes to achievements western media just make them look bad . America is saint either. China is just 14 years older than Nigeria and hate them and clap for your leaders you must be joking.
you need to go back and read what I wrote, I never called China a bad country
Re: Trump Ends Special Status For Hong Kong To Punish China, China Vows Retaliation by Bluntemperor: 7:50am On Jul 15, 2020
omenka:
You end social status for them, making them lose the sort of unique protection they enjoy from the US against China to punish China?

Would China be the ones to bear the brunt of such actions or the people of Hong Kong themselves? undecided

Yeah bro, I love the manner you raise a serious issue here.
Not that America or Britain is not aware that Hong-Kong people will equally suffer in taking this brushed decisions,but messages to Chinese brutality against Hong-Kong is the best to save the people from Chinese slavery mentality.Many on this Forum rushed to comment without knowing a cause: Hong-Kong people under Britain for Centuries enjoy Freedom in virtually everything.This freedom has become part of their lives until British ceases the Territory to China few years back.Why British did that I don't know! Remember that Chinese is a Communist Country of about 1.3 Billions People(just a little above Africa Population).
Now seen the Prosperity of Hong-Kong,the Chinese Govt has now introduced their Communist Regime of total control,discard the people of Hong-Kong freedom and that is why there have been restlessness in Hong-Kong for some years Now! in fact,the British Government has promised ALL Hong-Kong Residents(those who want to migrate to Britain )FREE access . That is the crust of the matter. The truth be told that Chinese don't respect others and wants to spread the Communism as they are not abiding with the rules they signed with World Leaders in taking over Hong-Kong.well,i wish the People of Hong-Kong the best.

5 Likes

Re: Trump Ends Special Status For Hong Kong To Punish China, China Vows Retaliation by MERCHANDISER: 7:51am On Jul 15, 2020
Western media has made everything non_western evil.
We
need to sit down and look at it logically.
Nigeria has been struggling to fight BH for decade, US
has
never shown any genuine support, infact, at a time they're
were technically supporting BH by blocking every
opportunity
to access weapons. Whereas, the same US has been
building sophisticated millitary bases all over Africa with
several billions of dollars even all over islands in Africa.
In
a
continent struggling to provide as basic thing as clean
water,
road, edu, etc. In term of infrastructural development, US
hasnt built anything tangible anywhere in Africa despite
her
big economy and influence.
On the other hand, China is building projects across
Africa
from electricity to train to Airport, roads, scholarships to
Africans, etc even with their own money. Let's say we
can't
pay and they take over them, who would still be using
those
infrastructure, Chinese? At least they brought them here,
so
if we can't pay back and they take over them these things
would still be in use by Africans and improve quality of
life,
just like every private business.
US/Trump that everyone is supporting call Africans all
kinds
to unprintable names, visa ban, reporting weak sides of
African nations and continuously ridiculing everything we
do.
The list is long. China hasnt done any of these yet,
western
media still find their ways into the hearts of Africans to
hate
Chinese. Sadly, enough some fake pastors joined this
brainwashed citizens.
Look at China, how many times have they tumbled
African
govt? How many nations have China invaded in Africa?
How
many times has Chinese embassy criticize our local
affairs?
Etc
New York started have underground train in 1809, that's
200yrs, they never extended such to Africa. China started
booming just 20yrs ago and they've extended everything
technology they have to us, that have improved our lives;
From phones, train, Good Airport, Naval ship, Telecom,
Roads, scholarships, etc
Africans must sitdown and think. China is not your enemy

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Trump Ends Special Status For Hong Kong To Punish China, China Vows Retaliation by igbesachick: 7:52am On Jul 15, 2020
i have to say, Trump sounds reasonable. since hong kong is part of china, it will be treated the same way china be treated. chinese double standard is funny. to beg the West to consider hong kong to be a demi-colony of the West and thus enjoy its freeport privilige?

but it is unfair for hong kong ppl.

the most crucial point is, china can no longer use hong kong as a place to import or export sensitive or "sanctioned" high tech products. china loses chances to assess the West infomation and technology .

china does not give a shiet to hong kong ppl. it only cares how it benifits from the hong kong "free port status"

1 Like

Re: Trump Ends Special Status For Hong Kong To Punish China, China Vows Retaliation by Rilwayne001: 7:52am On Jul 15, 2020
Imagine this hypocrite. What has he done to Israel despite all their oppression against Palestine?

1 Like

Re: Trump Ends Special Status For Hong Kong To Punish China, China Vows Retaliation by anonymous1759(m): 7:53am On Jul 15, 2020
[quote author=bigpicture001 post=91727921]

Well I don't blame you at all... Cus if you know the damage. Hina is doing to America you won't say this... The U. S needs a president that have balls to make things happen. Not over diplomatic Obama...

China barred Twitter, watsap, Facebook, Google etc from her people to use in China, but is forcing America to promote alibaba.........

Africa don't use any American product at all, but U. S pays for 80% of her HIV drugs to keep her over 10 million infected alive..trump is also threatening Africa.. Which is good.

Britain and China signed an agreement over the gradual take over of Hong Kong from briatain to Hong Kong people then to China over a 50 years transition, Hong Kong people agreed, but 23years later China broke the agreement and forcefully took Hong Kong...

They don't abide by rules because they beleive that have 1million soldiers... Not knowing thier population is only 1.5milliom more than India.. ND India is a US ally, plus Germany, France, UK, Australia, Canada, Japan, turkey, many many countries.....

China is a hugely arrogant country! A nation that cares only about thmesleves

Who owned Hongkong before British came to colonize them? You guys should do proper research before you come online a say whatever you like.

It's like Saying British colonized Lagos island and later handover to Nigeria and still wants to enjoy Dominance. China is not a common wealth Nation the earlier the west Accepts the better.

Any country the west can't get hold of automatically becomes enemy to them and they'll use their media to tarnish their image.

How Many countries has china destroyed in the last 30 years? I known America has destroyed more than 8 and China is Enemy and if you think Any country would stick her head for USA or U.K. To go into war with China or Russia you must be kidding.

America wanted to use Ukraine as pawn to attack Russia directly but they refused you think say war na child's play abi continue wallowing in western media it's too late for the west to subdue China wether them like am or not they're a world power Democracy is not the absolute whatever develops your country you adopt it leave china to Enjoy their communist style of leadership. What has the so called democracy achieved in Nigeria?

China banning western media application is more of politics not economical . Facebook IG, twitter promotes the west and They can use it to manipulates their citizens against them . China used wechat controlled by no foreign interference .

I like china for one thing if they want to ban your product they don't use media propaganda to spoil it unlike the west that uses security and based on intelligence report story to put you down.
Re: Trump Ends Special Status For Hong Kong To Punish China, China Vows Retaliation by MERCHANDISER: 7:53am On Jul 15, 2020
People here writing nonsense about China spying with their equipment forget that the only country with evidence of spying on other country and even their so-called allies is the US of A....."a person that kills with knife gets jittery the minute somebody walks behind him with a knife". There is a big technological war going on between the US and China, anyone deluding themselves that either country will not spy on others to gain some advantage at some point is missing the point. China has some very daring ambition to replace the US as both a superpower and economic behemoth and that scares the US to her bone marrow. China is intentional in its policy and effort towards reaching their goals is building path infrastructure that connects China to the rest of the world especially Europe through her Belt and Road Initiative. If you have read about the old silk road you would understand how ambitious the Belt and Road Initiative is. China already has identified the technology that will lead the future economy and they are slowly but surely putting resources in R and D and results have put them in dominance in all of these areas, Renewable Energy Technology, China has the biggest EV market and the largest solar panel market. Some of the world's largest deployments of solar energy Infrastructure are in China. In fact, in some places in China, you get incentives for buying an EV and almost find impossible to get a number plate if you are buying a fossile driven car. When it comes to Cellular Technology, China dominates the 4G technology world over, they still own more than 25 percent of the 4G technology patent and are now dominating patents again on 5G technology, Huawei alone has over 15 percent of patents on 5G technology, and they are like over a year ahead of their rivals Nokia and Ericsson. Huawei's 5G RnD budget alone is more than what the entire players have in their budgets combined. The results can be surprising. In AI, China is also leading and have the largest deployments of AI in the world, we saw it in Wuhan,they use AI for their streets that integrates everything people do to the point it is scary but the reality is that they are going and getting somewhere with all of these. China did not become this powerful by playing nice or side kick to any powerful country. Instead of Nigerians to learn from how China is defining her future and putting action to purpose, idiots are busy taking sides with Donald Trump who is way above his head with all his gragrah and movement policies that has only done nothing but make China more aggressive and resolved in their pursuit. Come 10 years from now,no damn country will dare do to any Chinese company what America is trying to do with Huawei. At the end of all of these, is consistency on the part of China while in the US one election wave will take away the president and another one will come with a different agenda... China is playing the long game while many of us are here praising Donald Trump as if whatever Donald Trump is doing has stopped China from doing what it is doing. As we write and praise Trump for taking his usual irrational gragra policies, China is busy using deft ways and very subtle ways to undermine the US and her systems and replace them with theirs through investments outside of China that gives them controlling stakes and influence in these countries. From Europe to Africa to Australia China has investments and influence that's hard for any government to overlook. When the Australians were busy threatening China with investigating them for Corona,China pulled some strings and the Australian politicians were all over the place blaming their governments for the harsh political moves from China.... Aussie barley got slapped with crazy taxes, even their mining Industry got a hot front as China withdrew some investments. The reality is when you get to the level of the US and China you learn to use your leverage on these other countries to keep them in line....the US has always done this and call it soft power until Donald Trump came to the scene and made it a policy to openly cajole other countries with tax, sanctions and withdrawal of military assistance and so on..... If we all have sense,we will know that in this kind of fight there are no sides, they are both enemies and friends to the rest of us....

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Trump Ends Special Status For Hong Kong To Punish China, China Vows Retaliation by Mothim: 7:55am On Jul 15, 2020
Turumpu!. Ordinary Iran nain scare you wey you won run comot for stage when you hear Allahu Akbar. You don go find your big brother trouble again Turumpu!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Trump Ends Special Status For Hong Kong To Punish China, China Vows Retaliation by JosephXavier: 7:55am On Jul 15, 2020
anonymous1759:

Hongkong is china before British Colony UK and USA should eat her humble pie and mind their business.

But they said they want to be on their own friend!

It shouldn't be a big deal

2 Likes

Re: Trump Ends Special Status For Hong Kong To Punish China, China Vows Retaliation by MERCHANDISER: 7:56am On Jul 15, 2020
BOOOMNAIJA:
China is really flexing it's muscles in the face of d USA of recent...

Who do u think deserves to be d most powerful country on Earth today?

Like for d USA, share for China.

Nigerians(Slaves) will always support their slave masters(Uk and USA)

cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Trump Ends Special Status For Hong Kong To Punish China, China Vows Retaliation by nkwuocha1: 7:56am On Jul 15, 2020
Ybaby:

Gbam!

Trump is just loud. He is NOT the problem.

I hope one day we will not see what TD is trying to curb.

I like Biden but he is a dolphin, friendly and sweet - the job requires a warrior not a dolphin.

Without warriors human race will be gone - without dolphins there will be no hugs.

Put a round peg in a round hole.

I rather USA as world power than China. Trump is fighting for the world.

I wish he didn't have racist tendencies but....

Well, Trump is fighting first for his country.He really doesn't care for others, just what is good for America and her people.Whichever ways he chooses to do that, with sense or without sense us definitely not my business.

My grouse here is Nigerians are affected by the Chinese invention if the COVID19.Our people are dying and businesses crumbling.Our kids are out of school and the economy is going down.

This same Chinese are the ones chasing out Africans in the streets despite its their invention.

They really need to be sanctioned by all the countries affected else they will do worst.Tgey don't feel remorse for their actions but instead they keep denying their involvement in one of the world's greatest human pendamic.

It's China against the world and not USA against China as far as COVID19 is concerned.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Trump Ends Special Status For Hong Kong To Punish China, China Vows Retaliation by solostar1: 7:57am On Jul 15, 2020
nkwuocha1:

Oga you're still derailing again!!!
Did USA bring the COVID19 virus.I dey talk about Wetin dey cripple the world as it is you dey yarn another thing.

USA didn't bring COVID19!!!Jesus!

What is the evidence that China manufactured covid-19. Abi you think that if truly China manufactured covid-19 virus that they will be standing today.

Just another weapon of mass destruction propaganda.
Re: Trump Ends Special Status For Hong Kong To Punish China, China Vows Retaliation by MERCHANDISER: 7:59am On Jul 15, 2020
Gadafii:
Who will hold America responsible for the atrocities they committed in the middle east, Libya, cuba, Vietnam etc

America is also a culprit to what they are accusing china of.Even worst than china
Re: Trump Ends Special Status For Hong Kong To Punish China, China Vows Retaliation by lagosrd: 8:00am On Jul 15, 2020
Chinese are hopeless sadist. They have completely enslaved more than half of Africa with fianacial support and development and building useless properties here in Africa to take over those properties.
People should try to make a little research on their presence in Zambia, Tanzania, Kenya, south Africa. Etc. They deceptively make unsuspecting countries sign some dangerous agreements they won't agree to AMD they are desperate to be everywhere.

1 Like

Re: Trump Ends Special Status For Hong Kong To Punish China, China Vows Retaliation by Studyinchina200(m): 8:00am On Jul 15, 2020
Almighty China

No country can bully China ooooo

Re: Trump Ends Special Status For Hong Kong To Punish China, China Vows Retaliation by solostar1: 8:01am On Jul 15, 2020
MERCHANDISER:

Nigerians(Slaves) will always support their slave masters(Uk and USA)
cheesy

Gbam... stockholm syndrome
Re: Trump Ends Special Status For Hong Kong To Punish China, China Vows Retaliation by Ybaby: 8:03am On Jul 15, 2020
nkwuocha1:

Well, Trump is fighting first for his country.He really doesn't care for others, just what is good for America and her people.Whichever ways he chooses to do that, with sense or without sense us definitely not my business.

My grouse here is Nigerians are affected by the Chinese invention if the COVID19.Our people are dying and businesses crumbling.Our kids are out of school and the economy is going down.

This same Chinese are the ones chasing out Africans in the streets despite its their invention.

They really need to be sanctioned by all the countries affected else they will do worst.Tgey don't feel remorse for their actions but instead they keep denying their involvement in one of the world's greatest human pendamic.

It's China against the world and not USA against China as far as COVID19 is concerned.

We re saying the same thing as per DT fighting for America. China will enslave the world in crude ways if not curbed.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Trump Ends Special Status For Hong Kong To Punish China, China Vows Retaliation by Nobody: 8:03am On Jul 15, 2020
What is China problem why are they trying to control Hong Kong a developed country like Hong Kong ...China should try and control Nigeria not a nation like Hong Kong tho

1 Like

Re: Trump Ends Special Status For Hong Kong To Punish China, China Vows Retaliation by Nobody: 8:06am On Jul 15, 2020
pquaver:

What do you expect from a person backed and supported by ipob/pdp supporters? If you are not rasch, emotional and act without thinking ou cannot find common ground with them.. Look at Nigerian political space too and see if you won't see the same traits with people they support

I dissociate myself from your comment.
Re: Trump Ends Special Status For Hong Kong To Punish China, China Vows Retaliation by Chucks234: 8:07am On Jul 15, 2020
Aonkuuse:
you don't know what you are saying, 100 times china has a lot of advantage over USA, trust me the way Trump is running wars with other countries, if given second tenure, America will crush to the ground

It seems you dont read the news. China cannot out muscle the US in global politics because they have almost all countries by the balls. Did u know the UK has banned Huawei from its 5G infrastructure due to US sanctions?

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Putin Teaches Russian Nuclear Scientists How To Choose A Wife (Photos) / Salman Rushdie, Author Of "The Satanic Verses" Attacked, Condition Unknown / Gambian Soldiers Accused Of Looting Govt Properties After Jammeh's Exile. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.