Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,168 members, 7,835,909 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 05:20 PM

Trump Ends Special Status For Hong Kong To Punish China, China Vows Retaliation - Foreign Affairs (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Trump Ends Special Status For Hong Kong To Punish China, China Vows Retaliation (46868 Views)

Biden Vows Retaliation Over Kabul Attack, Says ISIL Affiliates Are Responsible / Trump Ends Obama’s 12-year Run As ‘most-admired Man In America. / Two Million Hong Kong Protesters Politely Make Way For Ambulance (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Trump Ends Special Status For Hong Kong To Punish China, China Vows Retaliation by Minemrys: 8:07am On Jul 15, 2020
Openbusiness3:
China is barking up the wrong tree. America go finish dem. They beta give dia sef correct brain.
china is a sovereign nati0n. Plus, u are a nigerian. Y u c0me dy settle dis matter?
Re: Trump Ends Special Status For Hong Kong To Punish China, China Vows Retaliation by allthingsgood: 8:08am On Jul 15, 2020
Nuel4:
did they not finish Iran? Have you been asleep?

You are the one asleep
Iran remains an impenetrable fortress
Pull your head out of America's ass

1 Like

Re: Trump Ends Special Status For Hong Kong To Punish China, China Vows Retaliation by Nobody: 8:10am On Jul 15, 2020
9jayes:
Hongkong is China's, US nd UK should wakeup from their dreams, common we're in 2020 not 1957. More so, China of 1957 its different from China of today, they have everything to reclaim hongkong.
are they the ones that created Hong Kong , why are they trying to control Hong Kong so much like that and what did Hong Kong do wrong do they have bad leaders like us here?
Re: Trump Ends Special Status For Hong Kong To Punish China, China Vows Retaliation by olugabbie(m): 8:11am On Jul 15, 2020
Heathrow44:

Chinese are not bad at all, so saying we should see them as enemies is evil! Wat I suggest is people that heavily depend on China goods like Nigeria should do well to be self reliant as a simple shutting doors of china's borders for good outflow to Nigeria would cause health deterioration and imposed hardship on Nigerians, we should start opening new sea routes that open ways to Europe and north america, if we ever hope not to tie our survival on China, 80% of drugs used in Nigeria are both from India and China, all our goods in Nigeria is made in china, we need to change that narrative, but Europe and US has Been known to offer expensive things to Africa , over priced commodities, ripping off people's money for the same product, when US ships Goods to Africa u see difference btw US made goods and US assembled goods in China, Europe doesn't av our best interests in heart when it comes to affordibilty of goods that's why China should remain Nigerians closet friend than the West, during d event of war it would be difficult to chose BTW CHina and d West but that decision can be made easier if we start to lessen our dependence on China goods right now!

If we really want to develop. We need China. Just imagine what it will cost us if it were the West (America & its allies) handling our rail project. It will cost us times three of what China is offering us. Trust me we can't rely on the West for development. It will only put us in more debt. China at some point depended on Russian for technology. Russian companies built Radars, Nuclear reactors, satelites, rockets e.t.c for the Chinese. China depend on Russia for military weapons. They bought defence system lik S-300 & S-400 from Russian. Also fighter jets like SU-27, SU-30, SU-35 are all gotten from Russia. But the Chinese ensure that for every contract they sign with the Russian companies involve technology transfer. We did the same thing with the rail contract we sign with the China. There are Nigerian students studying Rail transportation in China as we speak. It was part of the contract signed for the rail project.
Re: Trump Ends Special Status For Hong Kong To Punish China, China Vows Retaliation by tegrianonigltd(m): 8:11am On Jul 15, 2020
Fuckingmallam45:
I don’t just like this guy at all compare to Obama.
Trump, This is somebody who doesn’t mind getting ahead of other people and leaving them behind, even his own wife. This shows that Trump is an insensitive go getter and cares mainly for himself: boss mentality. I would imagine this worked well in the business world and that trait is highly valued in that kind of world, but when it comes to interpersonal interactions, it says a lot about a person’s view on other people.

Obama, This is somebody who values people, especially his loved ones. He would never leave them behind and if they’re lagging, he’ll lag with them too. This is a person who is a leader, not a boss. He will adjust his pace and actions to match the person with him. That’s a great usage of interpersonal skills.

We talking about leadership you talking about marital issues.. someone you only see in pictures, haven’t you seen where e held his wife hands in many occasions!?? One picture you dey rant, you know wether na plan work, strategy ?? Live your life let others live, never compare humans, we all are different, different goals, destinies, ways of life

5 Likes

Re: Trump Ends Special Status For Hong Kong To Punish China, China Vows Retaliation by Minemrys: 8:12am On Jul 15, 2020
chuxyfranklin:
I think Trump should thread carefully and look at the pros and cons before making decisions.

He's too rash and emotional in his decision making and it's not healthy for his re-election ambitions.
leave re electi0n bid 1st, it's n0t healthy for a world leader that need allies. Leadership is all abt charisma, getting people to do what u want without coerci0n or intimidati0n. Trump is sure making enemies for U. S. Same thing england did bk then.

1 Like

Re: Trump Ends Special Status For Hong Kong To Punish China, China Vows Retaliation by igbesachick: 8:12am On Jul 15, 2020
this is really an interesting issue. but it has nothing to do with all the bullshiet.

freedom, democracy, military power, covid, clonialism..... this issue has nothing to do with any of them.

before, the West can sanction china , but it can not sanction hong kong either. if chinese products were boycotted by the West, china just transferred the products to hong kong and delivered the same. if china could not get a commercial or technologic information from the West, it can get it in hong kong.

but since now the West "pushed" hong kong back to china, and intended to treat them equally, then china loses its vital window to the outside world.

this issue has nothing to do with civic freedom or whatnot. it is just another battle between china and america about money and technology. but china is in the headwin. china panics if hong kong as a free port to steal technology being not "free" any more.

4 Likes

Re: Trump Ends Special Status For Hong Kong To Punish China, China Vows Retaliation by Minemrys: 8:14am On Jul 15, 2020
BOOOMNAIJA:
China is really flexing it's muscles in the face of d USA of recent...

Who do u think deserves to be d most powerful country on Earth today?

Like for d USA, share for China.
n0ne. Being m0st powerful spells trouble for all. N0w quit joking with s0mething n0t trivial.

1 Like

Re: Trump Ends Special Status For Hong Kong To Punish China, China Vows Retaliation by Sweetmom: 8:14am On Jul 15, 2020
seankafor:
Make dem carry the war go cyber warfare.. make we see who I'll triumph over each other cool

Chinese hackers I'll hack down the white house and pentagon in a day or two cool
LOL the war has been cyber from day one
Re: Trump Ends Special Status For Hong Kong To Punish China, China Vows Retaliation by Minemrys: 8:16am On Jul 15, 2020
marriagebyigbo:
Trump is really the main man... The boss... China go cry wennnn

Chai, this a is big blow to Ronaldo..

Ronaldo must be crying bitterly now..

Trump has finished his dream.

Trump, the number 1 Messi supporter

All his actions has always favoured Messi and Barcelona.

To. Ronaldo fans
guy, go back and read what u typed. This is the politics secti0n.
Re: Trump Ends Special Status For Hong Kong To Punish China, China Vows Retaliation by Faithful4real(m): 8:16am On Jul 15, 2020
Fuckingmallam45:
I don’t just like this guy at all compare to Obama.
Trump, This is somebody who doesn’t mind getting ahead of other people and leaving them behind, even his own wife. This shows that Trump is an insensitive go getter and cares mainly for himself: boss mentality. I would imagine this worked well in the business world and that trait is highly valued in that kind of world, but when it comes to interpersonal interactions, it says a lot about a person’s view on other people.

Obama, This is somebody who values people, especially his loved ones. He would never leave them behind and if they’re lagging, he’ll lag with them too. This is a person who is a leader, not a boss. He will adjust his pace and actions to match the person with him. That’s a great usage of interpersonal skills.
Judging a man from media post.
Re: Trump Ends Special Status For Hong Kong To Punish China, China Vows Retaliation by olugabbie(m): 8:17am On Jul 15, 2020
Heathrow44:
Wat I don't agree wirb trump is the pulling out of US marines from Germany, that's a costly mistake! He even threatened to do that in UK withdrawal of US fighter jets from UK destroyers and aircraft carriers! But if this is what it takes to call Angela Merkel to order and force Boris Johnson to get China off its military then I approve of that

Destroyers don't carry fighter jets. They can only carry submarine hunter helicopters or patrol helicopters. It is only aircraft carriers that carry fighter jets.
Re: Trump Ends Special Status For Hong Kong To Punish China, China Vows Retaliation by solostar1: 8:18am On Jul 15, 2020
lagosrd:
Chinese are hopeless sadist. They have completely enslaved more than half of Africa with fianacial support and development and building useless properties here in Africa to take over those properties.
People should try to make a little research on their presence in Zambia, Tanzania, Kenya, south Africa. Etc. They deceptively make unsuspecting countries sign some dangerous agreements they won't agree to AMD they are desperate to be everywhere.

IMF made sure most Africa currencies will never compete against the dollar. this is because one of the conditionalities for IMF loan is DEVALUATION OF CURRENCY, which is one of the reasons the West took out gaddafi
Re: Trump Ends Special Status For Hong Kong To Punish China, China Vows Retaliation by Abagworo(m): 8:18am On Jul 15, 2020
Trump is acting too hasty for a man of his caliber. These actions may backfire in the long run and the entire blame will go to Trump not the US as a nation.
Re: Trump Ends Special Status For Hong Kong To Punish China, China Vows Retaliation by Nobody: 8:18am On Jul 15, 2020
marriagebyigbo:

To. Ronaldo fans
favoured Messi how ?
Re: Trump Ends Special Status For Hong Kong To Punish China, China Vows Retaliation by blowjohn(m): 8:19am On Jul 15, 2020
chuxyfranklin:
I think Trump should thread carefully and look at the pros and cons before making decisions.

He's too rash and emotional in his decision making and it's not healthy for his re-election ambitions.

Did he tell u he didnt look at the pros and cons?
Or u think he took the decision alone?

5 Likes

Re: Trump Ends Special Status For Hong Kong To Punish China, China Vows Retaliation by bizhop01: 8:21am On Jul 15, 2020
seankafor:
Make dem carry the war go cyber warfare.. make we see who I'll triumph over each other cool

Chinese hackers I'll hack down the white house and pentagon in a day or two cool
You think is nairaland tribal war

1 Like

Re: Trump Ends Special Status For Hong Kong To Punish China, China Vows Retaliation by Gucciboss: 8:21am On Jul 15, 2020
Nkaluu800:
America Under Trump has become object of ridicule among elite countries.
No single day passes without pitiful drama or another in the white house.
I solely blame US flawed electoral college system of voting.
Joe Biden ain't better no doubt, but Trump is way below average and delusional to occupy such a sensitive position.
Government is all about faith, dignity and hope.
Can barely recognize such attributes from the current occupant of the oval office.
. Face your country. Dont be a hypocrite

1 Like

Re: Trump Ends Special Status For Hong Kong To Punish China, China Vows Retaliation by blowjohn(m): 8:22am On Jul 15, 2020
Abagworo:
Trump is acting too hasty for a man of his caliber. These actions may backfire in the long run and the entire blame will go to Trump not the US as a nation.

U people will not find solution to decisions in Nigeria but will be yarning dust over america decisions.
Who told u he took the decision hastily?
It's like u guys think that trump waked up every morning and takes decisions just that.
Abi the man no get economic team?
Do u know how many years this Hong Kong thing has been in the news?

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Trump Ends Special Status For Hong Kong To Punish China, China Vows Retaliation by lagosrd: 8:22am On Jul 15, 2020
solostar1:

IMF made sure most Africa currencies will never compete against the dollar. this is because one of the conditionalities for IMF loan is DEVALUATION OF CURRENCY, which is one of the reasons the West took out gaddafi

I am not saying anyone of them is a saint but you will agree with me that Chinese are too secretive for any meaningful development impact on Africans. Till tomorrow despite they import technology, they don't transfer it. But they suddenly made a law to take over other peoples business and others doing business in their country must transfer technology after certain years of operations.

Even their products that are to be sold outside of china where most people don't understand their language, they still inscribe their language on them. Now when you need them for servicing, you have to bring them in. While they insist you put Chinese translations on all your products you take to their own country.
Pls research note about them.
No freedom of speech
No freedom of religion
No freedom of media

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Trump Ends Special Status For Hong Kong To Punish China, China Vows Retaliation by Gucciboss: 8:25am On Jul 15, 2020
beresponsible:
Shey these conditions affects and punishes regular Hong Kong citizens? Without special provisions Hong Kong citizens will be treated like mainland Chinese. How does this penalise China.
China will like this development

No they won't. Businesses will suffer. Hong Kong is the financial capital of China. You guys should pay attention to details.

2 Likes

Re: Trump Ends Special Status For Hong Kong To Punish China, China Vows Retaliation by Skymason20(m): 8:26am On Jul 15, 2020
trump nor dey hear word, see corona matter never finish e want make china bring another one come..

but waiting they give all this chiko wings
Re: Trump Ends Special Status For Hong Kong To Punish China, China Vows Retaliation by Nobody: 8:27am On Jul 15, 2020
A man of his word.. never back out, never denies his words... He's the saviour of America

3 Likes

Re: Trump Ends Special Status For Hong Kong To Punish China, China Vows Retaliation by Jackyz: 8:27am On Jul 15, 2020
Trump na mad man
Re: Trump Ends Special Status For Hong Kong To Punish China, China Vows Retaliation by somalianprince: 8:28am On Jul 15, 2020
America will definitely teach China some bitter lessons

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Trump Ends Special Status For Hong Kong To Punish China, China Vows Retaliation by joshuaidibia(m): 8:29am On Jul 15, 2020
seankafor:

Stop watching Sci-fi

3 Likes

Re: Trump Ends Special Status For Hong Kong To Punish China, China Vows Retaliation by anonymous1759(m): 8:29am On Jul 15, 2020
JosephXavier:

But they said they want to be on their own friend!

It shouldn't be a big deal

It's easier for you to say It because you're not involved it's like someone turned you child against you through colonialism and wants to use that small child to destroy your entire household. The west are just interested in using Hongkong to checkmate their nightmare China.

Hongkong independence is = NATO base in China that'll never happen America will have to go to war directly with china defeat them and put a Military base there. And no sensible country goes into war with someone that's as powerful as you they'll be consequences the least is sanctions upon sanctions nothing will happen.
Re: Trump Ends Special Status For Hong Kong To Punish China, China Vows Retaliation by grandstar(m): 8:30am On Jul 15, 2020
A well meaning intentions senselessly executed again. These sanctions punish the people of Hong Kong. And worse, it adversely affects the American economy and Americans.

For your information, Hong Kong is a tax haven. It has a personal income tax of 15%, company tax of 16.5%, and virtually no import duty on goods and services. It has no value added tax, capital gains tax and so on. That is probably why the US has a goods surplus with it. This will now be reduced.
Re: Trump Ends Special Status For Hong Kong To Punish China, China Vows Retaliation by Cuteamigo1(m): 8:31am On Jul 15, 2020
Bluntemperor:

Yeah bro, I love the manner you raise a serious issue here.
Not that America or Britain is not aware that Hong-Kong people will equally suffer in taking this brushed decisions,but messages to Chinese brutality against Hong-Kong is the best to save the people from Chinese slavery mentality.Many on this Forum rushed to comment without knowing a cause: Hong-Kong people under Britain for Centuries enjoy Freedom in virtually everything.This freedom has become part of their lives until British ceases the Territory to China few years back.Why British did that I don't know! Remember that Chinese is a Communist Country of about 1.3 Billions People(just a little above Africa Population).
Now seen the Prosperity of Hong-Kong,the Chinese Govt has now introduced their Communist Regime of total control,discard the people of Hong-Kong freedom and that is why there have been restlessness in Hong-Kong for some years Now! in fact,the British Government has promised ALL Hong-Kong Residents(those who want to migrate to Britain )FREE access . That is the crust of the matter. The truth be told that Chinese don't respect others and wants to spread the Communism as they are not abiding with the rules they signed with World Leaders in taking over Hong-Kong.well,i wish the People of Hong-Kong the best.
Let's see china or Russia try to dictate how America deals with Alaska and the world will boil about foriegn interference on America domestic affairs. I have read and watched several documentary on the history of Hong Kong and the simple truth is that Hong is China and for that reason they have every right to do whatever they want to do with it. You talk of communism as if China has not shown it can be an alternative to capitalism if well implemented. I would rather take that type of communism than the rubbish democracy we have in Nigeria. Britain should back off and do thier worse and get use to the fact that another country has joined the league of powerful nation and can make decisions for itself without being blackmailed by the West.
Re: Trump Ends Special Status For Hong Kong To Punish China, China Vows Retaliation by joshuaidibia(m): 8:32am On Jul 15, 2020
marriagebyigbo:

To. Ronaldo fans

How u take make sense now? sad

2 Likes

Re: Trump Ends Special Status For Hong Kong To Punish China, China Vows Retaliation by Gucciboss: 8:33am On Jul 15, 2020
NewDelhi:

Those Chinese hackers are the baddest. After them na Russians then Indians.

Chinese hackers are no badass stop thinking upside down. China relies on using Chinese national in democratic West to steal trade secrets. Aside that their hackers are the same as the one in India. Nothing special.

If Nigeria as country decide to sponsor state hackers, they will do as good as those in North Korea and Russia as well. You should know how to place issue side by side. In hacking, it is the amount of resources you are ready to devote into it that makes the difference.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Salman Rushdie, Author Of "The Satanic Verses" Attacked, Condition Unknown / Putin Teaches Russian Nuclear Scientists How To Choose A Wife (Photos) / Gambian Soldiers Accused Of Looting Govt Properties After Jammeh's Exile. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.