Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,820 members, 7,851,745 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 07:06 AM

Osinbajo Kicks Against Anonymous Ownership Of Companies - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Osinbajo Kicks Against Anonymous Ownership Of Companies (26680 Views)

FUNAM: Fulani Claims Ownership Of Land From Sokoto To The Atlantic / Shehu Sani Kicks Against Radio Station, Death Sentence On Herdsmen / ‘this Is Not Kwara’ – Tinubu Kicks Against ‘O To Ge’ In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Osinbajo Kicks Against Anonymous Ownership Of Companies by Nobody: 3:49pm On Jul 15, 2020
OLDESTWARRIBOY:

Make ona two share the one, e no go reach o but make ona manage am o

You can see that your future is completely ruined because you're useless to your lineage, community and the nation....
Enjoy the leftover of your despicable life while the waste away

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo Kicks Against Anonymous Ownership Of Companies by smallsmall: 3:51pm On Jul 15, 2020
OLDESTWARRIBOY:
Osinbajo still day talk...Errand boy, after you finish abeg take this 1000 naira buy fuel 800 for the cabal, use the 200 change tey buy suya.

I didn't comprehend what I read but why will you own a company and hide your identity?? It's reeks illegality from afar.

Kwale weed no dey disappoint sha

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

The fact that you cant comprehend what the V.President means, is perfectly okay, no one knows it all.
But it is strange that even in your ignorance, all you could do is insult a person of such calibre?
Forget that he is even from APC or Yoruba or any other stupid things that you Ipob-pigs like to use to shade him.

Think about the fact that he is a Lawyer, a Professor of Law and the Vice President of Nigeria! I mentioned these things because l figure that they are things you cant relate with, in your own family.
No wonder you don tknow ANYTHING, even the simplest things are diffuclt to comprehend for people whose total time and energy is spent on abusing those who are eons ahead of the best person they can present from thei rown family.

Kontinue, you hear. undecided
Re: Osinbajo Kicks Against Anonymous Ownership Of Companies by raybaba97(m): 3:59pm On Jul 15, 2020
smallsmall:

The current laws allows and provides walk-around such things.
There are Companies that can register a business and FRONT for you and the law does not require them to disclose the real owners of the company
That is what V.P Osinbajo is railing about, he knows it and he says it is wrong.
I agree, such Fronting Companies should brought down and the legal loop-holes closed.

But who will close it?
The same "Criminal-Lawmakers" in NASS that benefit from such criminality?
I dont think so

I also said this. But it's all noise sha. Even in the USA, such things are still legal, talk less of our corrupt Nigerian political system.
Re: Osinbajo Kicks Against Anonymous Ownership Of Companies by ChiefOlabowla(m): 4:09pm On Jul 15, 2020
Anonymous ownership meant here is not literal. It entails a complex web of ownerships that makes it difficult for one to know the key decision maker or makers.

Imagine a scenerio where Company XYZ LTD has 3 directors with equal share allotments. And then company XYZ LTD is also a major share holder in company ABC. Company ABC interest is represented by their attorneys in Company LMN and Company LMN has a major share holding capacity in Feng shu Nig Ltd.

My brother na how many years you want start to dey trace the major beneficial owner(s)?
Re: Osinbajo Kicks Against Anonymous Ownership Of Companies by OLDESTWARRIBOY: 4:23pm On Jul 15, 2020
smallsmall:

The fact that you cant comprehend what the V.President means, is perfectly okay, no one knows it all.
But it is strange that even in your ignorance, all you could do is insult a person of such calibre?
Forget that he is even from APC or Yoruba or any other stupid things that you Ipob-pigs like to use to shade him.

Think about the fact that he is a Lawyer, a Professor of Law and the Vice President of Nigeria! I mentioned these things because l figure that they are things you cant relate with, in your own family.
No wonder you don tknow ANYTHING, even the simplest things are diffuclt to comprehend for people whose total time and energy is spent on abusing those who are eons ahead of the best person they can present from thei rown family.

Kontinue, you hear. undecided

All those qualification he's still asslicking a fulani herdsman wey even WASSCE result, e no get?

Ona wey dey defend all thiefs parading as politicians, ona go join dem meet ona waterloo one day. So bros carry on
Re: Osinbajo Kicks Against Anonymous Ownership Of Companies by OLDESTWARRIBOY: 4:26pm On Jul 15, 2020
Gforce2015:

You can see that your future is completely ruined because you're useless to your lineage, community and the nation....
Enjoy the leftover of your despicable life while the waste away

so my future is ruined cuz I said the truth...lol
Na wa beacuse all of us login Nairaland dey comment some people think say everybody dey suffer like them. Abeg I no even get ona time. Anyhow you wan do, do..na you know
Re: Osinbajo Kicks Against Anonymous Ownership Of Companies by Vulcan24(m): 4:26pm On Jul 15, 2020
it is not a bad practise, ur country made it so.

ppl n personality may want to mentor a youth by placing them on boards
Re: Osinbajo Kicks Against Anonymous Ownership Of Companies by Joyce95: 4:27pm On Jul 15, 2020
Nice one
Re: Osinbajo Kicks Against Anonymous Ownership Of Companies by APCNig: 4:42pm On Jul 15, 2020
socialmediaman:
Osibaba knows how to appeal to public emotions, he’s Buhari Government’s facade and a major reason why we’re where we’re here where we are grin today

Where are you today? Is there anytime you are not in mess?

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo Kicks Against Anonymous Ownership Of Companies by Evergreen4(m): 4:55pm On Jul 15, 2020
raybaba97:

You're obviously not familiar with how corporation's operate.

Mr. A can open a company and through that company loan Mr. B a few billions to open a business. Mr. B's name will be in the commission's records but Mr. A actually owns everything legally.

It'll be kept hush hush by both parties and the commission will know about it if they investigate but won't be able to do anything. it's all shell games bro

It's technically illegal but also legal. nobody can win that kind of case on court and everyone knows.
Thanks for clarifying me
Re: Osinbajo Kicks Against Anonymous Ownership Of Companies by Crieff(m): 6:37pm On Jul 15, 2020
sapientia:
Does such exist in Nigeria?

Thought every company is registered with CAC with full list of directors.

Please, someone should clarify this for me.

By the way, one of the way to protect whistle blowers is by paying them the agreed money.

There are ways you can register a company that will be 100% yours but your name will not be on CAC registers or database. It is completely legal. However in places like UK/US, the true owner of the company can be found if it gets to such extent.
Re: Osinbajo Kicks Against Anonymous Ownership Of Companies by gowonmaharajah(m): 7:15pm On Jul 15, 2020
“The thing that we must take note of is that corruption fights back. And it is fighting back and it has the resources to do so. In recent times, one of the chief ways that we are seeing more frequently is the use of unscrupulous individuals who are paid to use social media platforms to make outrageous allegations against persons perceived to be fighting corruption.

naso he be
Re: Osinbajo Kicks Against Anonymous Ownership Of Companies by sapientia(m): 7:20pm On Jul 15, 2020
Crieff:

There are ways you can register a company that will be 100% yours but your name will not be on CAC registers or database. It is completely legal. However in places like UK/US, the true owner of the company can be found if it gets to such extent.

Hmmm

Thats serious.

I never knew oo

Scrapping it is a must if the fight against corruption will succeed in any way
Re: Osinbajo Kicks Against Anonymous Ownership Of Companies by Eva165: 7:24pm On Jul 15, 2020
Ok nah

Check in here if ur looking For where to earn some income

https://www.webtalk.co/6929402

Register and Thank me latta but is not get rich quick stuffs but you must earn real cash
Re: Osinbajo Kicks Against Anonymous Ownership Of Companies by fr3do(m): 8:04pm On Jul 15, 2020
smallsmall:

The current laws allows and provides walk-around such things.
There are Companies that can register a business and FRONT for you and the law does not require them to disclose the real owners of the company
That is what V.P Osinbajo is railing about, he knows it and he says it is wrong.
I agree, such Fronting Companies should brought down and the legal loop-holes closed.

But who will close it?
The same "Criminal-Lawmakers" in NASS that benefit from such criminality?
I dont think so

oh, I see.
Re: Osinbajo Kicks Against Anonymous Ownership Of Companies by franugo(m): 8:21pm On Jul 15, 2020
fr3do:
anonymous ownership of companies? that doesn't sound right

registering a company, opening a bank account etc. require the identities of all major shareholders.

Hehehe..anything can be done my brother..
I know of one coy dt the main owner is not affiliated to the coy. The signatory actually does not know anything, every time you see him, he's acting like an illiterate. He follows everything dictated to him by the boss to the letter
Re: Osinbajo Kicks Against Anonymous Ownership Of Companies by fr3do(m): 7:41am On Jul 16, 2020
franugo:

Hehehe..anything can be done my brother..
I know of one coy dt the main owner is not affiliated to the coy. The signatory actually does not know anything, every time you see him, he's acting like an illiterate. He follows everything dictated to him by the boss to the letter

Things are happening in this country
Re: Osinbajo Kicks Against Anonymous Ownership Of Companies by Ifedayo94(m): 8:43am On Jul 16, 2020
grin
Re: Osinbajo Kicks Against Anonymous Ownership Of Companies by Ndupal: 1:07am On Jul 17, 2020
Osibanjo, osibanjo , osibanjo.
How many times did I called you?
You are about to unleash snake like pythons, crocodile, monkeys against your self.
Get ready to explain the way about 100billion aligation

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nigerians Miserable Under Buhari, Global Index Shows / Ikpeazu: We Give ₦500 To Women Who Give Birth In Abia Government Hospital / Labour Calls Off Strike!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.