Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,386 members, 7,954,562 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 10:18 PM

The Webmaster Section Is The Most Boring On Nairaland - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / The Webmaster Section Is The Most Boring On Nairaland (874 Views)

I Got Rich Through Nairaland Webmaster Section / Who Is The "webmaster" Of Nassnig.org? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Webmaster Section Is The Most Boring On Nairaland by Afam4eva(m): 5:49pm On Feb 05, 2011
I've noticed that this section is the most dormant on Nairaland. You can come back in 2 weeks and still see that no one has reply to a post that's still at the top of the hierarchy. May be i'm exaggerating a lil bit. But what can we do to make this section what it used to be. The only thing we see this days is just ads ads and ads.
Re: The Webmaster Section Is The Most Boring On Nairaland by yawatide(f): 6:35pm On Feb 05, 2011
I think you just answered your own question tongue

When I first joined, some 3 or so years ago, I was even a little wary of joining because of the talent of the then participants. Back then, this was a place where you could come to, to be motivated and to learn. Not so anymore.

What happened? IMHO, the top talent was turned off due to reasons best known to themselves.

The only way to bring this board back to its former glory is to give participants a reason to come back. Ads won't do that. In fact, site reviews won't do that either. I have tried to do it with a quiz but even you, OP, haven't attempted to answer. If you don't answer, how do you expect others to participate?
Re: The Webmaster Section Is The Most Boring On Nairaland by utimatedes(m): 8:11pm On Feb 05, 2011
I think one of the reason is that when you are trying post code, the spam bot will ban you.
Some time when you are trying to post lengthy post, you will be banned.
Re: The Webmaster Section Is The Most Boring On Nairaland by Afam4eva(m): 8:52pm On Feb 05, 2011
utimatedes:

I think one of the reason is that when you are trying post code, the spam bot will ban you.
Some time when you are trying to post lengthy post, you will be banned.

That explains why i was banned for posting some tutorials. Seun is doing himself a disservice for what he's done to this section. I remember when tutorials were the order of the day. Those days.
Re: The Webmaster Section Is The Most Boring On Nairaland by Nobody: 6:09am On Feb 06, 2011
i have done so many tutorials which were keeping the place lively for a time, and i still have some even more interesting ones like mobile website development. . . .but that spam bot don frustrate me final. Even quadrillions tutorial too is affected. . . .many interesting stuffs we could ave posted were never posted.
pero i noticed the estupidio y maldito spam bot no understand spanish - it seems to habla ingles solo!
Re: The Webmaster Section Is The Most Boring On Nairaland by Cactus(m): 2:55pm On Feb 06, 2011
IMHO, this is how I see it.

Previously, I could randomly reply to posts. But now, I cant find any post that is challenging, interesting, and creative enough for me to post a response. Those who know their stuff know where to find the info they need, the novice, start threads that have been discussed previously. It is basically repetition now.

This may sound arrogant but sincerely to me, the quality of posts are poor.

Website reviews are kinda getting stale, css questions (google first), php, javscript similar old questions.

So what am I supposed to do Come up with my thread? Well, nothing interesting enough to post. So what gives?
Re: The Webmaster Section Is The Most Boring On Nairaland by Afam4eva(m): 3:12pm On Feb 06, 2011
What do you guys think about merging the webmaster section with the programming section.
Re: The Webmaster Section Is The Most Boring On Nairaland by yawatide(f): 3:23pm On Feb 06, 2011
As I have argued for years, web development in and of itself is programming. It is only in naija that, in order to feel important, we attach meaning to something that is undeserving.

Both boards should have been one from the get-go. After all, what is programming but the ability to reason (think logically) in a way that a computer can interpret and understand?
Re: The Webmaster Section Is The Most Boring On Nairaland by Afam4eva(m): 3:28pm On Feb 06, 2011
yawa-ti-de:

As I have argued for years, web development in and of itself is programming. It is only in naija that, in order to feel important, we attach meaning to something that is undeserving.

Both boards should have been one from the get-go. After all, what is programming but the ability to reason (think logically) in a way that a computer can interpret and understand?

I even see people posting web related topics(PHP, ASP) in the webmaster section. I think it should be merged. This section is too boring kai. I thought every section was like that until i visited the autos section. Just in 30 minutes my thread was pushed to the 5th page in the thread hierarchy. The politics section is also bubbly. I want to believe the webmaster section is the worst.
Re: The Webmaster Section Is The Most Boring On Nairaland by sweetpawn1: 5:37pm On Feb 06, 2011
okay so you think to solution lies in merging? okay, whats the way forward now?
Re: The Webmaster Section Is The Most Boring On Nairaland by yawatide(f): 8:23pm On Feb 06, 2011
Afam, if you compare this board, or even programming to the autos, sex or politics board, of course this and the programming board will be the worst. The same would apply to a board on law.

Why? IMHO, everyone has and their grand parents has an opinion about cars, politics etc but not everyone has an opinion about how to code. In other words, anyone could state why GEJ should win the next election and sound credible. On the other hand, if an "unlearned" person started talking about how to code, the person would immediately give them self away.

webmaster and programming board are more of professional boards, IMHO but the others (and to some extent, it depends on topic) are boards of opinion, and as they say, everyone is entitled to their opinion.

(1) (Reply)

Best Site To Advertise Your Software,scipts,web Domainnsearch For Developers / Do You Write Codes With Or Without Your Wristwatch And Other Hand Attaches? / Please Kindly Review This Blog

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.