Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,045 members, 7,810,865 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:19 PM

Imagine If Allen Avenue Looked Like THIS? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Imagine If Allen Avenue Looked Like THIS? (9380 Views)

Deji Adeyanju: Atiku's Enugu Rally Looked Like A Naming Ceremony / Sanwo-Olu: Traffic Will Now Improve Around Allen Avenue, Maryland, Ikotun Axes / Sanwo-Olu Pulls Down Fela's Statue On Allen Avenue To Ease Traffic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Imagine If Allen Avenue Looked Like THIS? by Rossikki: 9:52pm On Jul 16, 2020
Some guy posted a video of Allen Ave, top Lagos shopping, dining, and banking district and told us to ''enjoy'' the video. But the street is quite deplorable in its infrastructure. The shops, restaurants etc are high class, and deserve far better street infrastructure.

Watch the Video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i_5k5ZIz4nM

Allen Avenue, Opebi Rd axis needs a MASSIVE OVERHAUL and comprehensive redevelopment.

Allen Ave. should be the Oxford Street of Lagos. A high class shopping area with covered drainage and wide pedestrian sidewalks. The streets are seriously underutilized by way of window shopping and impulse shopping that comes with easy pedestrian movement along the streets, a feature that would draw thousands more people including tourists, to the area each day, increase economic activity and incomes for the businesses on the streets and hence more business tax to the state govt. Win-win situation. Here's how Allen Ave. and Opebi Road should really look today:

With THIS kind of setup above, one could literally spend ALL DAY walking the length and breadth of Allen and Opebi on window shopping and actual shopping/wining/dining. Today, that is unimaginable due to the lack of sidewalks, presence of open drains, sand, etc etc.

We need to step up our game, seriously.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Imagine If Allen Avenue Looked Like THIS? by samincredible44(m): 10:27pm On Jul 16, 2020
lagosians are dirty people,it won't work.

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Imagine If Allen Avenue Looked Like THIS? by NigeriaIsDoomed: 10:44pm On Jul 16, 2020
How could this be possible when one person is kneeling on Lagos' neck?
The black race is inherently a cursed race.
Sorry this is a bitter pill to swallow.
You can crucify me however I am very sure that there is no Black country that is properly managed.
Till we are no more, the Black race will forever serve other race. Fact!

27 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Imagine If Allen Avenue Looked Like THIS? by forgiveness: 10:47pm On Jul 16, 2020
Rossikki:
Some guy posted a video of Allen Ave, top Lagos shopping, dining, and banking district and told us to ''enjoy'' the video. But the street is quite deplorable in its infrastructure. The shops, restaurants etc are high class, and deserve far better street infrastructure.

Watch the Video

Allen Avenue, Opebi Rd axis needs a MASSIVE OVERHAUL and comprehensive redevelopment.

Allen Ave. should be the Oxford Street of Lagos. A high class shopping area with covered drainage and wide pedestrian sidewalks. The streets are seriously underutilized by way of window shopping and impulse shopping that comes with easy pedestrian movement along the streets, a feature that would draw thousands more people including tourists, to the area each day, increase economic activity and incomes for the businesses on the streets and hence more business tax to the state govt. Win-win situation. Here's how Allen Ave. and Opebi Road should really look today:

With THIS kind of setup above, one could literally spend ALL DAY walking the length and breadth of Allen and Opebi on window shopping and actual shopping/wining/dining. Today, that is unimaginable due to the lack of sidewalks, presence of open drains, sand, etc etc.

I always thought about this whenever I am driving through Allen and Opebi. Those fence and gates makes it look ugly.

4 Likes

Re: Imagine If Allen Avenue Looked Like THIS? by Rossikki: 11:45pm On Jul 16, 2020
NigeriaIsDoomed:
You can crucify me however I am very sure that there is no Black country that is properly managed.

You are clearly very ignorant about ''the black race'', and take your cue from the scandalously negative reporting of ''the black race'' in WESTERN MEDIA.

For your information, Kigali, Rwanda is one of the cleanest cities in the world, not just in Africa. It is black people that are running Kigali.

Kingston, Jamaica is a black-run city. All streets, including in poor areas, are paved with sidewalks and covered drains, with no sand on the streets.

Nairobi, Kenya is a black-run city that can stand beside any city on Earth in aesthetics and city planning.

Abuja, Nigeria is a purpose-built, black-run city that is the pride of all Africa.

The same black world you condemn, literally MILLIONS of westerners visit it every year as tourists, visiting countries from Jamaica to Barbados, and from Kenya to Senegal, Tanzania, Ghana, Botswana, and Seychelles.

When WE travel, we need to get our colonised noses away from ''Dubai'', ''New York'', ''London'', and ''Paris''.

Visit the Gambia instead. There are resorts in the Gambia that will make you think you are in Paradise.

Visit Nairobi.

Or Dar es Salaam, Tanzania.

Or Dakar, Senegal.

Or Port Of Spain, Trinidad.

Or Zanzibar, Tanzania.

Or Luanda, Angola.

Or Montego Bay, Jamaica.

These places are beautiful African locations worthy of vacationing by you as an African.

White people leave their countries and travel thousands of miles away to vacation in these places.

You that are close to them are not even aware of their existence and/or value.

Your head is stuck in Dubai and Los Angeles. And Paris.

The black world is beautiful. Quit the self-denigration and start to love your own.

43 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Imagine If Allen Avenue Looked Like THIS? by Ykc2(m): 12:03am On Jul 17, 2020
Rossikki:

You are clearly very ignorant about ''the black race'', and take your cue from the scandalously negative reporting of ''the black race'' in WESTERN MEDIA.

For your information, Kigali, Rwanda is one of the cleanest cities in the world, not just Africa. It is black people that are running Kigali.

Kingston, Jamaica is a black-run city. All streets, including in poor areas, are paved with sidewalks and covered drains, with no sand on the streets.

Nairobi, Kenya is a black-run city that can stand beside any city on Earth in aesthetics and city planning.

Abuja, Nigeria is a purpose-built, black-run city that is the pride of all Africa.

The same black world you condemn, literally MILLIONS of westerners visit them each year as tourists, visiting countries from Jamaica to Barbados, and from Kenya to Senegal, Ghana, Botswana, and Seychelles.

When WE travel, we need to get our colonised noses away from 'Dubai'', ''New York'', ''London'', and ''Paris''.

Visit the Gambia instead. There are resorts in the Gambia that will make you think you are in Paradise.

Visit Nairobi.

Or Dar es Salaam, Tanzania.

Or Dakar, Senegal.

Or Zanzibar, Tanzania

Or Luanda, Angola.

These places are beautiful African locations worthy of vacationing by you as an African.

White people leave their countries and travel thousands of miles away to vacation in these places.

You that are close to them are not even aware of their existence and/or value.

Your head is stuck in Dubai and Los Angeles.

The black world is beautiful. Quit the self-denigration and start to love your own.

oga before you start defending your jamaica , westerners dont go to Jamaica to visit Kingston they go to jamaica to enjoy their nice beaches,I dont think you ve been to any western nation before, you start mentioning kenya,I will show you more of vienna city

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Imagine If Allen Avenue Looked Like THIS? by Rossikki: 12:05am On Jul 17, 2020
samincredible44:
lagosians are dirty people,it won't work.

Once you build the street infrastructure properly, no dirt or sand can ever be on the streets because you've blocked out all leakages. You just need a sweeper truck to clear the debris from the road every night.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Imagine If Allen Avenue Looked Like THIS? by Rossikki: 12:09am On Jul 17, 2020
Ykc2:
oga before you start defending your jamaica westerners dont go to Jamaica to visit Kingston they ho to jamaica for their nice beaches,I dont think you ve been to any western nation before you start mentioning kenya,I will show you more of vienna city

I've been travelling since before you were born. Kindly drop the snide remarks. Who said (or cares about if) westerners go to Jamaica ''to visit Kingston'' and what has that got to do with the thrust of my post?

''Vienna city'' is a dull, antiquated place of medieval architecture that only a colonised African will value over modern, vibrant, colourful, bustling African cities like Nairobi.

Nairobi, Kenya

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Imagine If Allen Avenue Looked Like THIS? by Rossikki: 12:34am On Jul 17, 2020
forgiveness:

I always thought about this whenever I am driving through Allen and Opebi. Those fence and gates makes it look ugly.

Getting rid of those gates and fences is essential to creating room for wide sidewalks. The security-conscious business owners will need an assurance of 24 hour police patrols and high tech surveillance of the streets to protect their businesses. This is what happens in business districts around the world.

8 Likes

Re: Imagine If Allen Avenue Looked Like THIS? by tatatar: 12:54am On Jul 17, 2020
NigeriaIsDoomed:
How can you progress when you believe you're inherently cursed undecided ?
Can't you see you're the curse.

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Imagine If Allen Avenue Looked Like THIS? by NigeriaIsDoomed: 1:07am On Jul 17, 2020
tatatar:

A Black man loves living in denial.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Imagine If Allen Avenue Looked Like THIS? by Rossikki: 1:19am On Jul 17, 2020
NigeriaIsDoomed:
A Black man loves living in denial.

Kindly take your racist horse shit and disappear from here, you wretch.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Imagine If Allen Avenue Looked Like THIS? by MetaPhysical: 1:33am On Jul 17, 2020
Rossikki:

Watch the Video

Rossikki,
This is nice thread. Things like this we want, to share how we can develop within....rather than relying on instructions packaged as research from UK. grin

Ok, im not trying to put anyone down but are you aware Marina front in Island used to look like the Oxford street picture you put up there?

No lie! Pictures and stories exist of old Marina. Pictures of old wharf, old UK embassy, David Copperfield, Kingsway, Leventis, old Ministry of External Affairs, old Army HQ, Glover Hall....all the way to the Catholic church, MBHS, General Hospital.

People flooded Lagos and ruined Old Marina.

Allen Avenue would not be immuned from similar ruin if you make an Oxford out of it.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Imagine If Allen Avenue Looked Like THIS? by princetemitee(f): 1:39am On Jul 17, 2020
Some place in lagos are too dirty sad

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Imagine If Allen Avenue Looked Like THIS? by Rossikki: 1:45am On Jul 17, 2020
MetaPhysical:

Rossikki,
This is nice thread. Things like this we want, to share how we can develop within....rather than relying on instructions packaged as research from UK. grin

Ok, im not trying to put anyone down but are you aware Marina front in Island used to look like the Oxford street picture you put up there?

No lie! Pictures and stories exist of old Marina. Pictures of old wharf, old UK embassy, David Copperfield, Kingsway, Leventis, old Ministry of External Affairs, old Army HQ, Glover Hall....all the way to the Catholic church, MBHS, General Hospital.

People flooded Lagos and ruined Old Marina.

Allen Avenue would not be immuned from similar ruin if you make an Oxford out of it.

Sorry, I disagree. In fact if you visit those places you mentioned, they look BETTER than they did in the colonial days. A lot of renovation of Lagos Island and CBD has taken place in recent years.

Tinubu Sq for instance looks better than it did decades ago:

The Lagos Skyline is also much improved from decades ago:

We're moving forward, however 'slowly'.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Imagine If Allen Avenue Looked Like THIS? by MetaPhysical: 2:39am On Jul 17, 2020
Rossikki:

Sorry, I disagree. In fact if you visit those places you mentioned, they look BETTER than they did in the colonial days. A lot of renovation of the island and CBD has taken place.

Tinubu Sq for instance looks better than it did decades ago:

Are you interested in the "looks", or the "presence & culture" ? grin

If na looks we get places I can show with picture that beats anywhere in UK. grin

2 Likes

Re: Imagine If Allen Avenue Looked Like THIS? by NigeriaIsDoomed: 2:40am On Jul 17, 2020
Rossikki:

Kindly take your racist horse shit and disappear from here, you wretch.
Sorry the truth hurts bro! However, you have the prerogative to live in denial as a Black man while the truth stares you in the face.
Yelling racism just to appeal to the emotion of those who dwell in the dreamland does not change the reality.
Can you show me a single healthy Black nation on this planet? NO!
Black nations are characterized  by chaos, egoistic fulled wars, endemic corruption and economic collapse etc.
Is it not shameful that after independence, most of the Black countries exist at the mercy foreign aids to fund their budgets.
Tomorrow, we will board rickety boats to Europe enmasse, turn up where we are not wanted and are  treated like dogs.
Africa till this day, remains inarguably the poorest continent in the world, inspite of the vast natural resources she is endowed with.
Tell me what is your own definition of an accursed place.
Don't trigger off my resentment abeg abeg abeg....

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Imagine If Allen Avenue Looked Like THIS? by NigeriaIsDoomed: 2:54am On Jul 17, 2020
Ykc2:
oga before you start defending your jamaica westerners dont go to Jamaica to visit Kingston they ho to jamaica for their nice beaches,I dont think you ve been to any western nation before you start mentioning kenya,I will show you more of vienna city
Please tell him.
I love Trump for his bluntness.
Africa is a shithole, we can choose to accept the truth or shout racism when we are told the painful truth.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Imagine If Allen Avenue Looked Like THIS? by Ykc2(m): 3:05am On Jul 17, 2020
Rossikki:

I've been travelling since before you were born. Kindly drop the snide remarks. Who said (or cares about if) westerners go to Jamaica ''to visit Kingston'' and what has that got to do with the thrust of my post?

''Vienna city'' is a dull, antiquated place of medieval architecture that only a colonised African will value over modern, vibrant, colourful, bustling African cities like Nairobi.

Nairobi, Kenya

if you show Kampala uganda from sky it will still look like is good,afteral when I was returning to nigeria for the first time as we were approaching muritala Mohammed international airport I looked through my window i was shouting that lagos is now Dubai, it was later I discovered that what i was seeing from my plane window was actually light from cars on hold up ,

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Imagine If Allen Avenue Looked Like THIS? by NigeriaIsDoomed: 3:18am On Jul 17, 2020
tatatar:

Bro sorry but that is the fact!
Nigeria, the most populous Black country in the world is in ruins.
The same oil that is a curse to Nigeria has transformed UAE, a desert into one of the most preferred destinations on earth.
Damnit! You can't flip through the National Dailies without being greeted by tales of corruption in the country amidst heavy infrastructural deficit.
Why would our rulers plunder the wealth of our countries with impunity and starve the continent of basic amenities if we are not cursed.
From Angola to Zambia is the same stories.
I would rather die than deny that the Black race is not cursed
I have come to the realisation that, the White, Arabs and Asians have a higher IQ than the Black hence we are backward and inferior to them. Fact!

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Imagine If Allen Avenue Looked Like THIS? by Nobody: 3:52am On Jul 17, 2020
NigeriaIsDoomed:
The same oil that is a curse to Nigeria has transformed UAE, a desert into one of the most preferred destinations on earth.
Damnit! You can't flip through the National Dailies without being greeted by tales of corruption in the country amidst heavy infrastructural deficit.
Why would our rulers plunder the wealth of our countries with impunity and starve the continent of basic amenities if we are not cursed.
I have come to the realisation that, the White, Arabs and Asians have a higher IQ than the Black hence we are backward and inferior to them. Fact!
Rwanda,Namibia and Botswana are African countries with black leadership making considerable progress and doing a good job of making the continent proud.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Imagine If Allen Avenue Looked Like THIS? by Rossikki: 3:53am On Jul 17, 2020
NigeriaIsDoomed:
Sorry the truth hurts bro! However, you have the prerogative to live in denial as a Black man while the truth stares you in the face.
Yelling racism just to appeal to the emotion of those who dwell in the dreamland does not change the reality.
Can you show me a single healthy Black nation on this planet? NO!
Black nations are characterized  by chaos, egoistic fulled wars, endemic corruption and economic collapse etc.
Is it not shameful that after independence, most of the Black countries exist at the mercy foreign aids to fund their budgets.
Tomorrow, we will board rickety boats to Europe enmasse, turn up where we are not wanted and are  treated like dogs.
Africa till this day, remains inarguably the poorest continent in the world, inspite of the vast natural resources she is endowed with.
Tell me what is your own definition of an accursed place.
Don't trigger off my resentment abeg abeg abeg....

Look at you. Worthless, ignorant lowlife steeped in self hatred.

How many black countries have you visited out of the 60 or so on Earth? My guess is less than 5. In fact I'm 100% certain.

You are unqualified to discuss the black world because you are a conditioned robot programmed to think like a dumb CNN/western media addict.

Ignorant dunce, Kenya is not ''characterised by chaos, war, and economic collapse''. Neither are 95% of black nations. Get your lazy, stupid, dumb self off CNN and BBC and pay a visit to Senegal and mix with your black brethren.

Or go to Kigali and hang out. Or Seychelles. Or Tanzania. Or Jamaica. Or Trinidad. There is no ''chaos and collapse'' in these places.

YOU are a conditioned ROBOT programmed to see the black world as evil and chaotic. But the people who programmed you to hate your heritage are busy touring your lands in their MILLIONS each year as tourists and business visitors. Just like they lied about your ancestors being ''uncivilized'' yet saw it fit to loot and steal their ''uncivilized'' ancient artefacts to store in their museums.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Imagine If Allen Avenue Looked Like THIS? by Rossikki: 3:56am On Jul 17, 2020
NigeriaIsDoomed:

You are truly sick, and a demented halfwit, to come here propagating discredited, demonic racist trash and quack racist theories.

Look, this is really easy. Why not just leave this place, you wretched animal, and move to the KKK and other neo-nazi websites who support your nastiness, and leave us NORMAL human beings alone?

We really have no type for your disgusting, repulsive type here. Go and hang out with those who think like you, the KKK and neo-nazi white supremacist gangs.

You can pay them personal visits as their smiley black slave and even suck their nuts.

You have NO BUSINESS on this forum, and certainly not on THIS thread.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Imagine If Allen Avenue Looked Like THIS? by Nobody: 4:01am On Jul 17, 2020
NigeriaIsDoomed:
Please tell him.
I love Trump for his bluntness.
Africa is a shithole, we can choose to accept the truth or shout racism when we are told the painful truth.

Windhoek, Namibia

Don't believe the propaganda, the African continent is not a shithole.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Imagine If Allen Avenue Looked Like THIS? by Rossikki: 4:04am On Jul 17, 2020
RuudVanNisteroy:

Windhoek, Namibia

Don't believe the propaganda, the African continent is not a shithole.

Thanks.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Imagine If Allen Avenue Looked Like THIS? by Nobody: 4:08am On Jul 17, 2020
Rossikki:

Typo mistake- I was showcasing the beauty of Windhoek,Namibia.

3 Likes

Re: Imagine If Allen Avenue Looked Like THIS? by Rossikki: 4:12am On Jul 17, 2020
RuudVanNisteroy:

Typo mistake- I was showcasing the beauty of Windhoek,Namibia.

Corrected. Cheers.

5 Likes

Re: Imagine If Allen Avenue Looked Like THIS? by Piggyyeasters(f): 4:22am On Jul 17, 2020
NigeriaIsDoomed:
typical Ibo comment

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Imagine If Allen Avenue Looked Like THIS? by BabaRamota1980: 4:51am On Jul 17, 2020
[s]
Rossikki:

Watch the Video

[/s]

Do you know how much iindividuals are taxed in those countries where Oxford exist?
They pay income tax, sales tax, luxury tax, property tax, parking fees, license fees, all kinds of levies. Over here in Lagos they ask you to pay ordinary income tax na wahala, but you want look like Oxford. I smh!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Imagine If Allen Avenue Looked Like THIS? by Nobody: 4:57am On Jul 17, 2020
BabaRamota1980:
[s][/s]

Do you know how much iindividuals are taxed in those countries where Oxford exist?
They pay income tax, sales tax, luxury tax, property tax, parking fees, license fees, all kinds of levies. Over here in Lagos they ask you to pay ordinary income tax na wahala, but you want look like Oxford. I smh!
Stop making excuses, it was done in Windhoek, Namibia.

1 Like

Re: Imagine If Allen Avenue Looked Like THIS? by BabaRamota1980: 5:04am On Jul 17, 2020
RuudVanNisteroy:

Stop making excuses, it was done in Windhoek, Namibia.

What is their population density in Windhoek compared to Lagos? Bring official record.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Adebayo Shittu: Just Like Buhari, Tinubu Is Very Healthy / Ganduje Is A Courageous And An Exemplary Leader - Tinubu / US Secretary Of State, Blinken To Visit Nigeria, Three Other African Countries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 108
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.