Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,472 members, 7,854,064 topics. Date: Saturday, 08 June 2024 at 10:13 AM

Arochukwu Customary Court Bears Imo 29 Years After Creation Of Abia (photos) - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Arochukwu Customary Court Bears Imo 29 Years After Creation Of Abia (photos) (34488 Views)

Orji Uzor Kalu To Convert His House To A Resort In Igbere, Abia (Photos) / Wike Buys 29 SUVs For Rivers Customary Court Judges (Photos) / Enugu Completes First Customary Court Of Appeal Headquarters (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Arochukwu Customary Court Bears Imo 29 Years After Creation Of Abia (photos) by jesmond3945: 12:29pm On Jul 19, 2020
EastGold:
And nobody has deemed it necessary to fix this anomaly?

Hand over power to yeebohs at your peril.
what fits Yoruba and igbo is fight a civil war. Let blood be spilled then we can talk. All these keyboard fight will not solve any problem

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Arochukwu Customary Court Bears Imo 29 Years After Creation Of Abia (photos) by mu2sa2: 12:31pm On Jul 19, 2020
SmartPolician:

This man doesn't know the meaning of illiteracy

You need to return to your primary school, if you attended any

This is outright negligence
Keep quiet there!
Re: Arochukwu Customary Court Bears Imo 29 Years After Creation Of Abia (photos) by toprealman: 12:37pm On Jul 19, 2020
Learned ones indeed.
Re: Arochukwu Customary Court Bears Imo 29 Years After Creation Of Abia (photos) by ledamaster(m): 12:41pm On Jul 19, 2020
EastGold:
And nobody has deemed it necessary to fix this anomaly?

Hand over power to yeebohs at your peril.
the last 2weeks must be painful, our sympathies for d gbas gbos they landed on 'party leader'. Get well soon.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Arochukwu Customary Court Bears Imo 29 Years After Creation Of Abia (photos) by obstead200(m): 12:43pm On Jul 19, 2020
Metrix147:
A Customary Court in Arochukwu local government area of Abia state still bears Imo on its signboard 29 years after Abia was created, ABN TV's finding reveals.

The military junta under Ibrahim Badamasi Babangida had in 1991 created Abia from Imo State.

Since the creation of the state however, no major renovation has taken place in the court, leaving it dilapidated state even as the court continues to sit despite challenges.

A member of the community, Ogbonnaya Ikokwu told ABN TV that the roof of the court is collapsed, causing it to leak uncontrollably when it rains.

He further added that the colonial building does not have pews and tables apart from the ones inherited from old Imo State.

"The panel of the customary Court sit under this hash environment to hear cases without electricity, fan nor air conditioner.

"The few benches and tables inside the court were those The floor of the Court Hall and other offices are still just cemented floor with cracks all over.

"The accused and witness boxes inside the court hall looked like cages found in poultry farms. It's not funny at all" he said.

Source: https://abntv.ng/2020/07/arochukwu-customary-court-bears-imo-29-years-after-creation-of-abia-photos/
this is just plain mischief by bloggers. That signboard was picked up maybe from the storeroom and placed there for photo effect. Look at the fence, it even has Roman pillars.....meaning it can't be up to 15years old (Roman pillar was rare those days). The fence wall looks screeded. The fence railings are quite recent. Look at the flower on the spikes.

Now dont u think that someone who spent so much to do the fence would easily want to spend 2k to re-write that signpost?

The news is fake
Re: Arochukwu Customary Court Bears Imo 29 Years After Creation Of Abia (photos) by PaulH07: 1:02pm On Jul 19, 2020
Metrix147:
A Customary Court in Arochukwu local government area of Abia state still bears Imo on its signboard 29 years after Abia was created, ABN TV's finding reveals.

The military junta under Ibrahim Badamasi Babangida had in 1991 created Abia from Imo State.

Since the creation of the state however, no major renovation has taken place in the court, leaving it dilapidated state even as the court continues to sit despite challenges.

A member of the community, Ogbonnaya Ikokwu told ABN TV that the roof of the court is collapsed, causing it to leak uncontrollably when it rains.

He further added that the colonial building does not have pews and tables apart from the ones inherited from old Imo State.

"The panel of the customary Court sit under this hash environment to hear cases without electricity, fan nor air conditioner.

"The few benches and tables inside the court were those The floor of the Court Hall and other offices are still just cemented floor with cracks all over.

"The accused and witness boxes inside the court hall looked like cages found in poultry farms. It's not funny at all" he said.

Source: https://abntv.ng/2020/07/arochukwu-customary-court-bears-imo-29-years-after-creation-of-abia-photos/

So Imo na old state, nice to hear...thought all Igbo states were created at once...
Re: Arochukwu Customary Court Bears Imo 29 Years After Creation Of Abia (photos) by Nobody: 1:53pm On Jul 19, 2020
adebayo201:
Change of name in this case might not be necessary. I might be wrong though but some times, the caretaker of the building might not find it important to change the name.

Left to me, it's an act of history that some states were created from another states as far as they're in the same country.

Happy Sunday

Sigh.....
Re: Arochukwu Customary Court Bears Imo 29 Years After Creation Of Abia (photos) by Nobody: 2:02pm On Jul 19, 2020
Bighead9:
So, nobody go school for that Office? This speaks volume about the quality of Education in that Region. grin grin grin
Hmmmmmmm!
Re: Arochukwu Customary Court Bears Imo 29 Years After Creation Of Abia (photos) by Nobody: 2:08pm On Jul 19, 2020
murphyibiam15:

I'm telling you bro.. You know abịa so well.. Imagine we had to travel to Arochukwu for a burial that should take 3 hours lasted more than 6 hrs because of the bad Ohafia to Arochukwu road.. Seriously Abia state is the worsed governed state in the south east
worst should be more appropriate.
Re: Arochukwu Customary Court Bears Imo 29 Years After Creation Of Abia (photos) by Xenowerk4000(m): 2:23pm On Jul 19, 2020
Chai.....Abia....bad governance since 1991.
Re: Arochukwu Customary Court Bears Imo 29 Years After Creation Of Abia (photos) by Bekool(m): 2:43pm On Jul 19, 2020
Metrix147:

What has the local govt chairmen being doing with all the federal allocations all these years? What will it even cost the local govt to repair this small place?
Re: Arochukwu Customary Court Bears Imo 29 Years After Creation Of Abia (photos) by hardbody: 3:24pm On Jul 19, 2020
hisgrace090:
Arochukwu town!

A travel to this local govt will make you weep for them do to chains of neglected bad road in need of urgent attention that seems to be coming from nowhere.

People did not know that so many towns in abia state have not witnessed asphalt roads before and such town are up to 65 percent of the state towns and villages.

Our roads are bad, admittedly so, but to say we never experienced asphalt is a white lie. I grew up seeing the last vestiges of good asphalt laid roads reportedly constructed in the era of Michael Okpara. Unfortunately government after government has continued to do nothing as far as roads are concerned.

You may wish to know that Arochukwu had telephone lines and pipe born water way back in the days (i used to call home from Unical before GSM came into existence in Nigeria). Mary Slessor brought Scottish impact to that ancient town

Having said that, the truth is we have fared badly with ourselves and even those in authority and for the avoidance of doubt, Arochukwu Kingdom has always had men of timber in the corridors of power. Infact in the era of PTF, the Director of programs working directly with Buhari is an Aro son. He could have single handedly added that project to whatever they were doing then. We have the likes of MAO Ohuabunwa who served several terms in the Houses, at the end of the day it is what it is. Where we have now graduated to is coming home with choppers as a sign of having arrived. The average Aro man has an SUV because of our bad roads. Our governors right from Orji Uzo Kalu through to the present Ikpeazu man are just there to chop.

1 Like

Re: Arochukwu Customary Court Bears Imo 29 Years After Creation Of Abia (photos) by hardbody: 3:27pm On Jul 19, 2020
Bekool:

What has the local govt chairmen being doing with all the federal allocations all these years? What will it even cost the local govt to repair this small place?

They have been whacking the money bro.

I mean ravenously whacking every dime.
Re: Arochukwu Customary Court Bears Imo 29 Years After Creation Of Abia (photos) by Kissiemu(m): 3:31pm On Jul 19, 2020
Nna men!

Shame will not even allow me to comment on this kind of thread. So I will not comment.

Thank you.

What can a niggah do?
Re: Arochukwu Customary Court Bears Imo 29 Years After Creation Of Abia (photos) by hardbody: 3:33pm On Jul 19, 2020
murphyibiam15:

Yet the roads leading to their place hasn't experienced tarred road for the first time.. Is not about having big men, what about the poor people from there, how do they move their farm produce, or the poor aren't entitled to have good things too?

The guy you quoted is very correct. I am from there and I visit there at least 3 times every year (New year/Easter/New yam festival/Christmas and any other time that I have a need to).

Generally speaking though, Aros are not farmers so the issue of moving farm products does not quite arise. We buy from our neighbours who are mostly the ones that farm and this explains why that town is very expensive. Of course you will find few people who plant for personal consumption and they certainly move their products home as they know best.
Re: Arochukwu Customary Court Bears Imo 29 Years After Creation Of Abia (photos) by Kissiemu(m): 3:41pm On Jul 19, 2020
Paschaline Ifeoma Bernard I take God beg you don't look us in the eyes and call us fools.
You sell "fish" for one year and buy car? Even if it's "goldfish"...

The way hushpuppi was an estate developer,real estate business man n influencer.... mtchew

Inakolu Biati...
Re: Arochukwu Customary Court Bears Imo 29 Years After Creation Of Abia (photos) by naijanaso: 3:45pm On Jul 19, 2020
Forgotten state of Abia
Re: Arochukwu Customary Court Bears Imo 29 Years After Creation Of Abia (photos) by murphyibiam15(m): 4:04pm On Jul 19, 2020
hardbody:

The guy you quoted is very correct. I am from there and I visit there at least 3 times every year (New year/Easter/New yam festival/Christmas and any other time that I have a need to).

Generally speaking though, Aros are not farmers so the issue of moving farm products does not quite arise. We buy from our neighbours who are mostly the ones that farm and this explains why that town is very expensive. Of course you will find few people who plant for personal consumption and they certainly move their products home as they know best.
I'm not arguing about the celebration thing.. So you're saying Aros don't deserve good roads and other good things bc they celebrate festivals or what? undecided
Re: Arochukwu Customary Court Bears Imo 29 Years After Creation Of Abia (photos) by hardbody: 4:28pm On Jul 19, 2020
murphyibiam15:

I'm not arguing about the celebration thing.. So you're saying Aros don't deserve good roads and other good things bc they celebrate festivals or what? undecided

Chai....Bros...You completely mis-read my post. Sorry for mentioning you. How and why won't we need good road na. I just follow you dey rub mind ooo

E go be...
Re: Arochukwu Customary Court Bears Imo 29 Years After Creation Of Abia (photos) by EmekaA125(m): 5:08pm On Jul 19, 2020
1mrprolific7:
Fulani Man gave Una Igbos Abia state, now Una wan begin fight Buhari.
You igbo's should thank Fulani and Buhari forever.

Fulani are good people with good heart
Just listen to yourself. Thank Buhari for what exactly
Re: Arochukwu Customary Court Bears Imo 29 Years After Creation Of Abia (photos) by Nobody: 5:26pm On Jul 19, 2020
Why stop at the signboard? At least Arochukwu is accurate. Please check the building within the fence. It looks colonial. Just like most court buildings in the rural areas.
Re: Arochukwu Customary Court Bears Imo 29 Years After Creation Of Abia (photos) by dayorich: 8:44pm On Jul 19, 2020
Indomie generation alert.

Indomie generation sighted!!!

Slawormir:
Damnnnnn niggarrr
Isoright

So abia state was created same date with Edo state
Re: Arochukwu Customary Court Bears Imo 29 Years After Creation Of Abia (photos) by BluntNigerian: 9:41pm On Jul 19, 2020
THEY WILL REMOVE THE SIGN POST FIRST THING ON MONDAY MORNING..
THEN PUT A NEW ONE WITH THE RIGHT NAME BEFORE FRIDAY...

That's what going viral on social media can do.
Re: Arochukwu Customary Court Bears Imo 29 Years After Creation Of Abia (photos) by obalmartin(f): 8:48am On Jul 20, 2020
that environment need renovation.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Wike Rejects PDP Peace Move, Tells Dickson To Leave Party Immediately / #nigeriadecides2023: Natasha Akpoti Loses Kogi Central Senatorial Seat To APC / Tea Tree Planted By Buhari At Kakara Estate In 1985 (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.