Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,419 members, 7,819,512 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:23 PM

Don’t Be Angry With Me, I’m Talking To My Children, Adeboye Replies Critics - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Don’t Be Angry With Me, I’m Talking To My Children, Adeboye Replies Critics (419 Views)

I'm A Muslim, My 2 Wives Are Christians, My Children Are Confused - Asari Dokubo / Mildred Okonkwo: You Can't Be Angry At Pastors Flying Jets / Pastor Adeboye: "I'm Talking To My Children Not You" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Don’t Be Angry With Me, I’m Talking To My Children, Adeboye Replies Critics by ogododo: 11:38am On Jul 19, 2020
The General Overseer of the Redeemed Christian Church of God, Pastor Enoch Adeboye, says some of the things he says annoy non-members of his church.

The 78-year-old cleric says should he have his way, he will restrict his sermons and activities to members of his church.

Adeboye, who said this during a sermon on Sunday titled ‘From Lockdown to Lifting Up’, said but “the lockdown has made the door open to everybody”.

He, however, appealed to his critics not to be offended with him over his comments, saying they are meant for his ‘children’.

In the sermon broadcast live via the church’s TV, Dove Media, the cleric said, “As a matter of fact, if there is a way of preaching this sermon just to my own children alone, that is what I would have done. Not because I’m selfish but occasionally there are things you say to your children that would annoy outsiders. And you keep on saying, but I am not talking to you, I am talking to my children. But now, the lockdown has made the door open to everybody.

“Some people see the glory but don’t know the story. Some people see me and say all kinds of things. It’s none of my business, I don’t need to answer you; I just need to keep on riding high with my king. I’m talking to my children, so others should not be angry with me. Before you take off, consider your landing.”

The PUNCH had earlier reported that the cleric drew the ire of some critics last week when he congratulated his wife, Pastor Folu Adeboye, on her birthday.

https://punchng.com/dont-be-angry-with-me-im-talking-to-my-children-adeboye-replies-critics/
Re: Don’t Be Angry With Me, I’m Talking To My Children, Adeboye Replies Critics by AntiWailer: 11:42am On Jul 19, 2020
He is on point.

If those who look up to him as father agree with his view. No need for the noise.

He is not talking to you.
Re: Don’t Be Angry With Me, I’m Talking To My Children, Adeboye Replies Critics by Enoch07: 11:45am On Jul 19, 2020
AntiWailer:
He is on point.

I concur
Re: Don’t Be Angry With Me, I’m Talking To My Children, Adeboye Replies Critics by EzzyCarter: 12:00pm On Jul 19, 2020
Baba, always resist the urge to ....
Re: Don’t Be Angry With Me, I’m Talking To My Children, Adeboye Replies Critics by ojun50(m): 12:16pm On Jul 19, 2020
Enoch07:

I concur
He is
Re: Don’t Be Angry With Me, I’m Talking To My Children, Adeboye Replies Critics by aminusodiq(m): 12:17pm On Jul 19, 2020
Re: Don’t Be Angry With Me, I’m Talking To My Children, Adeboye Replies Critics by kestolove95(m): 12:22pm On Jul 19, 2020
Dem don open office
Re: Don’t Be Angry With Me, I’m Talking To My Children, Adeboye Replies Critics by SmellingAnus(m): 12:27pm On Jul 19, 2020
True...
Re: Don’t Be Angry With Me, I’m Talking To My Children, Adeboye Replies Critics by Nephilim: 1:07pm On Jul 19, 2020
I saw Daddy G. O. last night wink
Re: Don’t Be Angry With Me, I’m Talking To My Children, Adeboye Replies Critics by engrtee(f): 1:10pm On Jul 19, 2020
What is wrong is wrong.it does not matter the target audience.let is not encourage lying to children'

(1) (Reply)

Anti-christ/apollo's Father Is Satan / Happy Jumma Mubarak...dr Ramon Adedoyin / The Role Of The Church In Leadership And Governance

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.