Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,165 members, 7,849,597 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 05:03 AM

Nigerian Universities Won’t Resume Even If FG Reopens Schools – ASUU. - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Nigerian Universities Won’t Resume Even If FG Reopens Schools – ASUU. (2804 Views)

ASUU Threatens Strike If FG Fails To Sign Draft Renegotiated Agreement / Nigerian Universities Won’t Resume Even If FG Reopens Schools – ASUU / Top 10 Slowest Nigerian Universities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Universities Won’t Resume Even If FG Reopens Schools – ASUU. by edoairways: 9:04pm On Jul 19, 2020
Bomboiy:
It is very simple,they should not get paid until whenever they decide to resume.
Lecturers carry out research as teaching isn't what they do
Re: Nigerian Universities Won’t Resume Even If FG Reopens Schools – ASUU. by edoairways: 9:14pm On Jul 19, 2020
oscarsam:
Most times, I keep wondering how this man became ASUU chairman.
ASUU and FG has some pending issues regarding lecturers system of payment whereby FG introduced IPPIS. ASUU keeps kicking against this method, even after knowing FG has no intentions of changing their mind, they still moved ahead to go on strike.

Now students have spent over 4months at home due to both ASUU strike and Covid 19 lockdown.
We are happy FG has finally announced plans for safe reopening of schools, only for this Selfish man to talk of revitalization of Universities.

let's forget about how much our leaders has siphoned from the national account, which country on its brink of biggest recession for the past 40yrs calls of revitalization of Universities.

it's quite simple, sack ASUU chairman, retire any Professor that tends to back him up, let students resume school biko.
our brain don knock already.

Stupid and Nonsense ASUU.
It is either you are ignorant or you don't know how things work in ASUU. The ASUU president didn't singlehandedly made that decision, it was a collective effort from ASUU members, they voted in favour of the strike. The government is not sincere in revitalising our universities, the masses are not ready to make the sacrifice. If they were, the number of applicants would reduce, university education isn't for everyone. It is an expensive commodity that is valued globally. Once tuition fees goes up, things will begin to take shape. The persistent strikes from those academicians will reduce drastically, this is because the university will have enough fund to meet it's need. On the other hand, the government create a scheme where students have access to loan to fund their university degree like it is obtainable in other countries.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Universities Won’t Resume Even If FG Reopens Schools – ASUU. by Nobody: 9:39pm On Jul 19, 2020
nonsense
Re: Nigerian Universities Won’t Resume Even If FG Reopens Schools – ASUU. by Nobody: 9:41pm On Jul 19, 2020
nonsense
are they gonna pay my hostel bill next year??
ASUU is a clueless union
Re: Nigerian Universities Won’t Resume Even If FG Reopens Schools – ASUU. by Acme45: 10:24pm On Jul 19, 2020
Dayoebe:
No long talk.
Half of their salaries should be paid to their colleagues in private sector. Till then!
These people don't deserve salaries at all. if you have a company can you pay any worker who refuses to work?
Re: Nigerian Universities Won’t Resume Even If FG Reopens Schools – ASUU. by oscarsam(m): 10:56pm On Jul 19, 2020
edoairways:

It is either you are ignorant or you don't know how things work in ASUU. The ASUU president didn't singlehandedly made that decision, it was a collective effort from ASUU members, they voted in favour of the strike. The government is not sincere in revitalising our universities, the masses are not ready to make the sacrifice. If they were, the number of applicants would reduce, university education isn't for everyone. It is an expensive commodity that is valued globally. Once tuition fees goes up, things will begin to take shape. The persistent strikes from those academicians will reduce drastically, this is because the university will have enough fund to meet it's need. On the other hand, the government create a scheme where students have access to loan to fund their university degree like it is obtainable in other countries.

To what end is the reason for this long strikes which they do embark on yearly basis.

BTW, the main reason for the ongoing strike has nothing to do with revitalization of Universities, rather their system of payment which checkmates their corrupt means of earning salaries.

Mind you, if you think all this talks from ASUU is solely to help Nigerian education system get better, then you are clearly lost in the selfishness of this Nonsense organization.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Universities Won’t Resume Even If FG Reopens Schools – ASUU. by Truetalk3139: 11:18pm On Jul 19, 2020
Re: Nigerian Universities Won’t Resume Even If FG Reopens Schools – ASUU. by edoairways: 11:21pm On Jul 19, 2020
oscarsam:

To what end is the reason for this long strikes which they do embark on yearly basis.

BTW, the main reason for the ongoing strike has nothing to do with revitalization of Universities, rather their system of payment which checkmates their corrupt means of earning salaries.

Mind you, if you think all this talks from ASUU is solely to help Nigerian education system get better, then you are clearly lost in the selfishness of this Nonsense organization.
Thanks to ASUU most universities have access to TET FUND. It is as a result of their fight that was what resulted in the establishment of TET FUND. IPPIS was introduced to checkmate fraud as opined by the government yet the salaries of lecturers where reduced mind you, non academic staff are affected too. The rigorous and bureaucratic process in resolving issues of short falls in salaries was what made ASUU to embark on strike. A professor who earns N400,000 now earns N320,000, thanks to be supposedly IPPIS scheme. The government used the media to deceive the public by saying that lecturers work in more than two universities, the masses bought the idea without critically analyzing the whole thing. Aside lecturing in a private university which is on part time basis and sabbatical leave, it is rare to see lecturers working in many universities. This lie is what the government has been using to blackmail ASUU. ASUU came up with a similar scheme yet the government refused to obliged to their request. In all honesty, if you as a staff of company your salary is reduced for no reason what will be your reaction?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Universities Won’t Resume Even If FG Reopens Schools – ASUU. by Challionis: 11:51pm On Jul 19, 2020
Mineral Mining is a U Tube channel that disseminates video information pertaining to the Mineral Exploration Methods, GeoModels, Mapping Softwares/GIS, Mining, Environmental and other earth- related practices in Nigeria.

Follow the Link below and click the "subscription" button to get free video on weekly basis.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCVjGn9Yin8N8y4oGA5r8zLw
Re: Nigerian Universities Won’t Resume Even If FG Reopens Schools – ASUU. by Elui2(m): 12:59am On Jul 20, 2020
[quote author=Lukaku12 post=91875532][/quote] you obviously are spoonfed by your parents
Re: Nigerian Universities Won’t Resume Even If FG Reopens Schools – ASUU. by Tommie1054(m): 7:43am On Jul 20, 2020
if you don't want to work, just tell the FG so that you can be relieved of your duty instead of showing blind interest in this new development. There's nothing tangible you want to do by 2021 yet, you're saying student should resume by 2021. Selfish people everywhere, I just want the FG to sack if possible the entire ASUU board and replace them with new people and I'm very sure the new people will be willing to work. stupid ASUU, I don't know may you will pay my house rent that is wasting in school now. If you all would agree with me, non of his children would be in public universities and he's delaying other people's children with his whacked interest....I don't blame him if not the government administration that made him the ASUU chairman, someone like him should just be sacked, he has never been in our shoes yet suggesting rubbish....I don't even know what to the man but if I'm ask to do something about, I will not even give him any option than to sack him and those that support his blind suggestion.

You're not the one pay in yourself, yet you're talking in the rubbish, going against the word of your president when the whole Mr vice president can't even talk back at all things the president ordered him...Mr ASUU chairman, you better take your time before you regret it.
Re: Nigerian Universities Won’t Resume Even If FG Reopens Schools – ASUU. by Jman06(m): 8:19am On Jul 20, 2020
edoairways:

Thanks to ASUU most universities have access to TET FUND. It is as a result of their fight that was what resulted in the establishment of TET FUND. IPPIS was introduced to checkmate fraud as opined by the government yet the salaries of lecturers where reduced mind you, non academic staff are affected too. The rigorous and bureaucratic process in resolving issues of short falls in salaries was what made ASUU to embark on strike. A professor who earns N400,000 now earns N320,000, thanks to be supposedly IPPIS scheme. The government used the media to deceive the public by saying that lecturers work in more than two universities, the masses bought the idea without critically analyzing the whole thing. Aside lecturing in a private university which is on part time basis and sabbatical leave, it is rare to see lecturers working in many universities. This lie is what the government has been using to blackmail ASUU. ASUU came up with a similar scheme yet the government refused to obliged to their request. In all honesty, if you as a staff of company your salary is reduced for no reason what will be your reaction?
ASUU was yet to develop their so called UTAS as at the time they embarked on the strike. Why not develop the system first and then push for its adoption? No! ASUU would rather go on strike instead of seeking diplomatic means of resolving issues.

Regarding the cuts in their salaries, that problem is not peculiar to university lecturers. I have people working in the civil service who had their salaries reduced at the time they got enrolled into the system but all such shortages have been fully paid and they never went on strike.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Universities Won’t Resume Even If FG Reopens Schools – ASUU. by Smile4me01(m): 8:35am On Jul 20, 2020
Is right time federal government stop paying this useless people so that everyone will properly observed this covid 19 saga students will spend 8 year for just management course and after graduating government will tell thesame students that they employed above 27 years of age and mumu assu will keep quiet because their children are meeting up relevant requirements and standard Nigeria student need to come out and protest against this body before it too late.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Universities Won’t Resume Even If FG Reopens Schools – ASUU. by Karlifate: 9:35am On Jul 20, 2020
Jman06:
ASUU was yet to develop their so called UTAS as at the time they embarked on the strike. Why not develop the system first and then push for its adoption? No! ASUU would rather go on strike instead of seeking diplomatic means of resolving issues.

Regarding the cuts in their salaries, that problem is not peculiar to university lecturers. I have people working in the civil service who had their salaries reduced at the time they got enrolled into the system but all such shortages have been fully paid and they never went on strike.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Universities Won’t Resume Even If FG Reopens Schools – ASUU. by Holaomoakin(m): 9:58am On Jul 20, 2020
This is shameful, universities won't resume: those on courses will graduate late, not be able to gain employment due to age factor: we cannot produce medical students/health related courses: cannot bring forth any corona virus related research: so, primary schools should resume: we shall find road someday, ASUU leadership I bow!
Re: Nigerian Universities Won’t Resume Even If FG Reopens Schools – ASUU. by edoairways: 10:50am On Jul 20, 2020
Jman06:
Who told you that they didn't develop their own platform, don't let the media deceive you?. ASUU had series of meetings before embarking on the strike. The government bluntly refuse to shift ground.

Regarding the cuts in their salaries, that problem is not peculiar to university lecturers. I have people working in the civil service who had their salaries reduced at the time they got enrolled into the system but all such shortages have been fully paid and they never went on strike

Who told all of those staffs have received their full pay don't say what you don't know. ASUU weren't foolish when they embark on the strike. Ssanu and Nasu are warming up soon
Critical analyze things before you jump into conclusion.
Re: Nigerian Universities Won’t Resume Even If FG Reopens Schools – ASUU. by Nobody: 11:10am On Jul 20, 2020
Karlifate:
And you think FG will change their decision about IPPIS by January?
This ASUU is only using pandemic as a facade.
okay check out link in my signature for a chance to earn $50 with telegram bot
Re: Nigerian Universities Won’t Resume Even If FG Reopens Schools – ASUU. by Nobody: 11:11am On Jul 20, 2020
[quote author=Lukaku12 post=91875532][/quote] okay, check out link in my signature , lukaku12

(1) (2) (Reply)

Missed My Jamb Exam / The Secret Of Graduating With 2.1 And Above / Final year student allegedly kills himself because his GPA was poor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.