Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,110 members, 7,828,925 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 04:09 PM

- Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / (1636 Views)

What should I do? [Study abroad or invest in other business] please advice / Please, I Would Like To Know Which Country Can I Move In With Zero Stress / Should I Move To The UK Or Return To Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

by Techie100000: 2:45pm On Jul 19, 2020
Re: by ThiagoKid(m): 2:47pm On Jul 19, 2020
Baba Japa fess..

You can later come back to invest

4 Likes

Re: by SmartProf(m): 2:48pm On Jul 19, 2020
Before I proceed with my advise, I'll say you shouldn't base your decision on the advise of those who won't be affected by what will result. Well, you may begin with drawing up a short term and long term plan very quickly. Despite having relatives in the USA, you've got to know what grounds you'll be applying for a visa for, else you'll be outrightly denied a visa or you may get a visa but not with permission to do legal work. Don't squander your money just yet if you are still undecided, but set out your migration plans and see how soon u can get into and settle in the USA, bearing in mind that due to the Covid 19 pandemic it may take a while and there may be no super job for you to stroll into, cos honestly even Americans have suffered heavy job losses. While still in Nigeria, get going with what you were doing to raise that very sum u've got, invest to sustain it at that level for a short while and keep saving a higher bulk sum. If your company in Nigeria can be built around sane minds who can get it working on a template you'll set up and monitor from anywhere in the world, pls invest your monies in it and get out of this country, but if the company must depend on you to function, get out of this country, fix your money in other investments like landed properties, and get a skilled job if you can abroad. When life advances you abroad, it's possible for you to run your dream company based on your skill set anywhere else in the world, while investing on anything else in Nigeria. Good luck.

7 Likes

Re: by Isobug: 2:52pm On Jul 19, 2020
Jakpa....

With proper plans

3 Likes

Re: by NigeriaIsDoomed: 3:03pm On Jul 19, 2020
Bros abeg don't waste your time in Nigeria, Nigeria is burning and nothing will be left very soon.
You want to invest in a country that doesn't even have a president, a country whose National Army is in disarray, a country where no sector is working?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: by anthonyuncle(m): 3:12pm On Jul 19, 2020
with da way foreign countries (especially USA) are enacting laws & policies that makes it uncomfortable to be a foreigner there plus da global view on Nigerians as fraudsters, I'll advice u invest some part of the money in Nigeria 1st.

strive to ensure that da business grows and become sustainable (even in ur absence) then u can leave da country (while u place ur business in da management of good managers).

that amount u mentioned is huge enough to start a lot.
Re: by Razzness(m): 3:19pm On Jul 19, 2020
Manna and honey does'nt fall in u.s, even there people do struggle, life is expensive and it's difficult to save. If u believe in ur digtal market stay here and make it here, dangote, otedola, abdussamad rabiu, or tony elumelu did'nt chicken away to u.s b4 they made it, if they can make it here it means that u also can.
Re: by ednut1(m): 3:20pm On Jul 19, 2020
Avoid US, go to canada. Trump is dealing real hard with students and immigrants

5 Likes

Re: by jude79(m): 3:28pm On Jul 19, 2020
Plssssss move to us.
Re: by osato45: 3:33pm On Jul 19, 2020
If you are good in IT look at doing a masters in Germany, canada, Estonia, Ireland if the US don't give you visa
Re: by jude79(m): 3:34pm On Jul 19, 2020
Razzness:
Manna and honey does'nt fall in u.s, even there people do struggle, life is expensive and it's difficult to save. If u believe in ur digtal market stay here and make it here, dangote, otedola, abdussamad rabiu, or tony elumelu did'nt chicken away to u.s b4 they made it, if they can make it here it means that u also can.

Yes Mana doesn't fall from heaven, but the same effort you input to make a thousand naira here is the same you input to make a thousand dollar there. Be the judge, almost 400000 is no the same with a thousand naira.

1 Like

Re: by osato45: 3:37pm On Jul 19, 2020
Techie100000:

On the other hand, I have 2 brothers in the US working in IT firms that can easily help me secure a good job if i move to the US. My fear is if the first option succeeded I'd make more money than the few thousand dollars I'll be making as an employee in the US. Not forgetting heavy bills and taxes

Please i need sincere advice
take this option, you will never regret it.
Re: by NigeriaIsDoomed: 4:07pm On Jul 19, 2020
Badmanne:
I thought sycophants like you and the other propagandist said Akwa ibom is eldorado and Udom is working . suffering and smiling
Sometimes folks misunderstand me a lot. I believe you are one of those folks.
Re: by Nobody: 4:13pm On Jul 19, 2020
NigeriaIsDoomed:
Sometimes folks misunderstand me a lot. I believe you are one of those folks.
You and the other propagndist said akwa ibom is eldorado yet there are thousands of akwa ibomites moving daily to Lagos ,Port Harcourt ,Calabar, Enugu,Abuja etc.
if Udom is working and akwa ibom is this and that why are all these people leaving? why is there so much poverty in the land? Stop spreading propaganda on this forum if not i will expose all the lies .
Re: by tensazangetsu20(m): 4:53pm On Jul 19, 2020
Convert the money to dollars while thinking. The naira is tanking. Naira could become 600 naira to a dollar next week and your money looses value.
Re: by Techie100000: 5:00pm On Jul 19, 2020
tensazangetsu20:
Convert the money to dollars while thinking. The naira is tanking. Naira could become 600 naira to a dollar next week and your money looses value.

This one is deep

1 Like 1 Share

Re: by Techie100000: 5:00pm On Jul 19, 2020
Thanks for your contributions guys
Re: by Nobody: 5:11pm On Jul 19, 2020
And what visa do you intend to use to enter US? Remember Nigeria is banned for immigrant visas and please don't even think of using tourist visa to come and over stay it.

2 Likes

Re: by Benzboys(m): 5:33pm On Jul 19, 2020
PaulSimon2020:
And what visa do you intend to use to enter US? Remember Nigeria is banned for immigrant visas and please don't even think of using tourist visa to come and over stay it.
Nna me sef wonder ooo,abi the guy no dey watch news? undecided

2 Likes

Re: by Gerrard59(m): 8:21pm On Jul 19, 2020
PaulSimon2020:

Visas leading to permanent residence? Yes. He can get a job but he cannot progress to become a permanent resident and citizen under Trump's EO. The issue now is the universal ban Trump has placed on all types of working visa but that's applicable to every non-American not only Nigerians.

@Techie100000: Unless you have great skills, I'm wondering how exactly your siblings will assist you in getting a job (which should fulfill visa requirements) in the US. Have you thought about graduate studies?

Lest I forget, change that 6M to dollars before it becomes 4M by the end of the year.

4 Likes

Re: by NairaLuck: 8:32pm On Jul 19, 2020
Gerrard59:

Visas leading to permanent residence? Yes. He can get a job but he cannot progress to become a permanent resident and citizen under Trump's EO. The issue now is the universal ban Trump has placed on all types of working visa but that's applicable to every non-American not only Nigerians.

@Techie100000: Unless you have great skills, I'm wondering how exactly your siblings will assist you in getting a job (which should fulfill visa requirements) in the US. Have you thought about graduate studies?

Lest I forget, change that 6M to dollars before it becomes 4M by the end of the year.
Deep
Re: by Crochet: 9:29pm On Jul 19, 2020
Nice advise pick some and do away with some .
Re: by Razzness(m): 11:11pm On Jul 19, 2020
jude79:

Yes Mana doesn't fall from heaven, but the same effort you input to make a thousand naira here is the same you input to make a thousand dollar there. Be the judge, almost 400000 is no the same with a thousand naira.
Ok. Do u know that cost of renting a room in u.s can be upto $1000 per month? Do u know how much for water and light bills or how much they pay for taxes? Even to eat in a resturant can cost wat u will eat hear for 3 days.
Life is not easy anywhere in the world, there are challanges everywhere, its just up to us to rise up to the challange where ever we find our self.

2 Likes

Re: by Techie100000: 7:19am On Jul 20, 2020
Razzness:

Ok. Do u know that cost of renting a room in u.s can be upto $1000 per month? Do u know how much for water and light bills or how much they pay for taxes? Even to eat in a resturant can cost wat u will eat hear for 3 days.
Life is not easy anywhere in the world, there are challanges everywhere, its just up to us to rise up to the challange where ever we find our self.

But the fact is that there are opportunities to hustle all the money needed. Except one is lazy. The goal is to be comfortable and afford what you need anytime. Compared to Nigeria where people can't even afford decent 3 square meals.

2 Likes

Re: by Techie100000: 7:20am On Jul 20, 2020
Gerrard59:

I honestly do have the required skill
Re: by Nobody: 7:22am On Jul 20, 2020
I agree with thiagokid
I was discussing with someone on Friday on a issue that some people have money but they don't know what to do with it grin the person was like how will you have money and don't know what to do with it how I wish the person is on NL so I can tag him example is this OP you already made the right decision but having a second thought that the money should be invested Gave me that impression that you don't know what do with it

Now let me tell you this any career in America is money if you're ready to put in hard work and devotion forget about the crazy bills and tax you will get over it please and please am begging you leave this shithole when you can don't listen to anyone telling you to invest the money in this shithole they're your village People although life in the USA Also have its up and down but believe me it a good place to live in and settle down your hustling niaja spirit will make you succeed
NOTE: processing a US visa now is like throwing the money into a trash-can I'll Will advice you to wait until November 3 let that stupid Trump leave there and start your processing let's say early February but till then try to find something encouraging and creative to do
My two cents ✌️
Re: by Techie100000: 7:23am On Jul 20, 2020
Re: by jude79(m): 7:29am On Jul 20, 2020
Razzness:

Do u know what is called affordability index? A hussler in us or Canada can easily afford all you mentioned, but to an average Nigerian, it's a pipe dream. What u said up there is the main reason he should leave Nigeria. An average Nigerian can't afford it but an average American can. You don't leave where they are doing titleship ceremony and go to a place where they are poisoning people. What we use here are tokunbo materials brought down to us from people who can afford new ones, affordability index of an average American, Canadian is 300 times that of an average Nigerian.

2 Likes

Re: by Techie100000: 7:58am On Jul 20, 2020
jude79:

Do u know what is called affordability index? A hussler in us or Canada can easily afford all you mentioned, but to an average Nigerian, it's a pipe dream. What u said up there is the main reason he should leave Nigeria. An average Nigerian can't afford it but an average American can. You don't leave where they are doing titleship ceremony and go to a place where they are poisoning people. What we use here are tokunbo materials brought down to us from people who can afford new ones, affordability index of an average American, Canadian is 300 times that of an average Nigerian.

Good point

1 Like

Re: by Nobody: 11:27am On Jul 20, 2020
Have you come to think that applying for US visa is no waste of your time and 6m?

Note: if your brothers are generous.

If they will help you financially and other ramifications, I say flee! Then convert your fund to bitcoin, and start working on your plan after settling down over there.

If they won't help you financially, let them help you with settlement and job security first. Hope they are both green men??
Re: by Razzness(m): 12:51pm On Jul 20, 2020
Techie100000:

But the fact is that there are opportunities to hustle all the money needed. Except one is lazy. The goal is to be comfortable and afford what you need anytime. Compared to Nigeria where people can't even afford decent 3 square meals.
There are opportuinities hear too i swear, except u are lazy. I know ppl who travel abroad thinking it was all merry go round there but the story was different when they arrived there. I believe if u have wat it takes u can as well make it in the shores of this country, it all depends on u.

(1) (2) (Reply)

I Am Planning To Go On A Vacation Within Nigeria, Please I Need Recommendations? / Japa Issue: My Guy And A Lady. / Attend The Sixth Annual Best Of Nigeria Expo 2009, London- 23rd To 24th Oct '09

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.