Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,320 members, 7,842,944 topics. Date: Tuesday, 28 May 2024 at 03:29 PM

My Ex Girlfriend Has Been Scammed On Facebook - Crime (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / My Ex Girlfriend Has Been Scammed On Facebook (1883 Views)

Man Accused Of Circulating Ex Girlfriend’s Sextape Acquitted After 2 Years / Have You Ever Been Scammed? Share Your Experience!! / SCAM ALERT: Top 5 Ways Nigerians Get Scammed On Social Media. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Ex Girlfriend Has Been Scammed On Facebook by ruffhandu: 8:22pm On Jul 19, 2020
HarunaWest:
when a transaction is approved, you have no complaint so nothing is reversed to you.
What do you mean by 'approved'? Do you know that you don't need a slip to go to the bank to complain you were wrongly debited by a terminal? Do you know how fraudsters exploit this? Some 'approved' transactions have been reversed because the merchant didn't respond with evidence within stipulated time.
Re: My Ex Girlfriend Has Been Scammed On Facebook by HarunaWest(m): 8:37pm On Jul 19, 2020
ruffhandu:

What do you mean by 'approved'? Do you know that you don't need a slip to go to the bank to complain you were wrongly debited by a terminal? Do you know how fraudsters exploit this? Some 'approved' transactions have been reversed because the merchant didn't respond with evidence within stipulated time.
Whose talking of slip here and all that.. We are talking fraud here whereby a person sends money to a fraudster.. Unless that account is funded, the money is gone...
Re: My Ex Girlfriend Has Been Scammed On Facebook by infinito1990(m): 8:46pm On Jul 19, 2020
ruffhandu:

So in other word, the money can be recovered if there's an evidence.
Re: My Ex Girlfriend Has Been Scammed On Facebook by ikhure(m): 8:51pm On Jul 19, 2020
infinito1990:

By what means?
Re: My Ex Girlfriend Has Been Scammed On Facebook by Nobody: 9:43pm On Jul 19, 2020
infinito1990:

Such is life
yesoo
Re: My Ex Girlfriend Has Been Scammed On Facebook by ruffhandu: 11:01pm On Jul 19, 2020
HarunaWest:

Whose talking of slip here nd all that.. e are talking fraud here whereby a person sends money to a fraudster.. Unless that account is funded, the money is gone...
The bolded. Read my comments, talking about unveiling the criminal, not money groing.

1 Like

Re: My Ex Girlfriend Has Been Scammed On Facebook by Olabode971(f): 11:05pm On Jul 19, 2020
infinito1990:

grin grin grin
Can I send you a DM?
CAPITAL NO...
THANKS
Re: My Ex Girlfriend Has Been Scammed On Facebook by Nobody: 11:07pm On Jul 19, 2020
Olabode971:

CAPITAL NO...
THANKS
madoo that no was hot please take it easy
Re: My Ex Girlfriend Has Been Scammed On Facebook by ruffhandu: 11:09pm On Jul 19, 2020
infinito1990:

So in other word, the money can be recovered if there's an evidence.

Sure, subject to availability of funds in the account. But fraudsters, sweep the account as soon as money enters it.
Re: My Ex Girlfriend Has Been Scammed On Facebook by Olabode971(f): 11:11pm On Jul 19, 2020
Debbierik:
madoo that no was hot please take it easy

hmmm.. I surely know my reasons for saying that..
Re: My Ex Girlfriend Has Been Scammed On Facebook by ruffhandu: 11:12pm On Jul 19, 2020
infinito1990:

I don't think the facebook account can be recovered again. All attempt seems abortive
What efforts have you made so far? It can be recovered.
Re: My Ex Girlfriend Has Been Scammed On Facebook by Nobody: 11:13pm On Jul 19, 2020
Olabode971:

hmmm.. I surely know my reasons for saying that..
yeah i bet you do ride on
Re: My Ex Girlfriend Has Been Scammed On Facebook by infinito1990(m): 12:27am On Jul 20, 2020
Olabode971:

CAPITAL NO...

THANKS

Na once you change am for me
grin grin
Re: My Ex Girlfriend Has Been Scammed On Facebook by infinito1990(m): 12:30am On Jul 20, 2020
ruffhandu:

What efforts have you made so far? It can be recovered.

We've contacted the police and they demanded 40k before they could start investigation. Other plan is to track the phone number he uses on WhatsApp
Re: My Ex Girlfriend Has Been Scammed On Facebook by infinito1990(m): 12:36am On Jul 20, 2020
ruffhandu:

Sure, subject to availability of funds in the account. But fraudsters, sweep the account as soon as money enters it.

From the information I got now
The fraudster uses different bank accounts
Re: My Ex Girlfriend Has Been Scammed On Facebook by Olabode971(f): 3:09am On Jul 20, 2020
infinito1990:

Na once you change am for me grin grin

hmmm...
Re: My Ex Girlfriend Has Been Scammed On Facebook by ruffhandu: 7:31am On Jul 20, 2020
infinito1990:

We've contacted the police and they demanded 40k before they could start investigation. Other plan is to track the phone number he uses on WhatsApp
I mean blocking the Facebook account. It has to be blocked to save her from further embarrassment and her friends from fraud.

1 Like

Re: My Ex Girlfriend Has Been Scammed On Facebook by ruffhandu: 7:32am On Jul 20, 2020
infinito1990:

From the information I got now
The fraudster uses different bank accounts
Report all the bank accounts that your money entered as fraud to your bank.
Re: My Ex Girlfriend Has Been Scammed On Facebook by authority2006(m): 7:54am On Jul 20, 2020
infinito1990:

So you mean nothing can be done about it?

Someone shared this below in the pic

Re: My Ex Girlfriend Has Been Scammed On Facebook by Nobody: 8:45pm On Jul 20, 2020
infinito1990:
Good afternoon everyone
This is my first time of posting a topic here, so I urge you guys to look away any error(s) you may come across
3 days ago, I noticed my ex girlfriend facebook account has been hacked. I reached out to her and she told me how she was scammed by the same person who hacked her facebook. She said the hacker used a different facebook account to scam her before hacking hers. So I asked her what she has done so far regarding the issue and she told me that she went to the police station to lay a complain and she was told to bring 40k before they could do anything. Least I forget, she was scammed 120k.
The issue now is the bank account the hacker used in receiving the money is still active and the hacker didn't stopped with her. Her friend was scammed just yesterday with her (my ex) facebook.

The reason I drop this here is for advice if or not she can get her money back. Pls no insults

Mods please push this to front page, it's very important.

He said: “Each PoS is associated with a registered company. The real promoters of the company are made to undertake responsibilities, in case a fraud is committed with the device.

“Every card transaction with the PoS usually drops a “footage,” popularly called “Alert”, with the description of the merchant, which can be used to trace complaints.

“When people come for banking relationship, we will not know their motive, which is why there is a guideline to almost every policy direction. And when people fulfil those requirements, you have no reason to hold back the service, until they breach it.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/guardian.ng/sunday-magazine/when-thieves-use-pos-to-do-their-business/amp
Re: My Ex Girlfriend Has Been Scammed On Facebook by abduljabbar4(m): 10:33pm On Jul 20, 2020
Your best bet is to pay the police. When he is located, you can use 'informal means' to milk your money out including what you spent at the police station. Get thugs to rough him up and threaten his life. Nigeria is not ready to progress under this fake democracy and rule of law
Re: My Ex Girlfriend Has Been Scammed On Facebook by UDOKABESTLUV(m): 9:00am On Jul 21, 2020
infinito1990:
Good afternoon everyone
This is my first time of posting a topic here, so I urge you guys to look away any error(s) you may come across
3 days ago, I noticed my ex girlfriend facebook account has been hacked. I reached out to her and she told me how she was scammed by the same person who hacked her facebook. She said the hacker used a different facebook account to scam her before hacking hers. So I asked her what she has done so far regarding the issue and she told me that she went to the police station to lay a complain and she was told to bring 40k before they could do anything. Least I forget, she was scammed 120k.
The issue now is the bank account the hacker used in receiving the money is still active and the hacker didn't stopped with her. Her friend was scammed just yesterday with her (my ex) facebook.

The reason I drop this here is for advice if or not she can get her money back. Pls no insults

Mods please push this to front page, it's very important.

Get in touch with Me immediately

(1) (2) (Reply)

Two Brothers Fight To Death In Cameroon Over A 13 Year Old Girl / I Caught My Husband handling My Daughter's Breasts, Wife Tells Court / Girlfriends Cut His Boyfriend Manhood After Caught Cheating On Her (pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.