Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,292 members, 7,811,875 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 09:55 PM

This Is What Happens When An Astronaut’s Skin Is Exposed To Outer Space (photos) - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / This Is What Happens When An Astronaut’s Skin Is Exposed To Outer Space (photos) (7607 Views)

At What Age Should Children Be Exposed To Religious Views? (national Discourse) / Final Year Project Work Stored Inside The Toilet Space (photos) / Scientist Deliberately Crashed This Aeroplane To Learn What Happens During Crash (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

This Is What Happens When An Astronaut’s Skin Is Exposed To Outer Space (photos) by Muurian: 7:48am On Jul 21, 2020

Ever heard about the famous astronaut Joe Kittinger?

• Joe Kittinger realised his glove had a leak on his way up while he was making his long-standing and record-breaking sky-dive in 1959 from 100,000 ft. Instead of calling the mission off, he decided to continue with the dive without informing mission control.

• At 100,000ft, the pressure from atmosphere was around 1.3% of sea level, and therefore mechanically very close to a vacuum which is normally used for practical purposes. The pressure suit that Joe Kittinger was wearing maintained pressure over the rest of his body. However, his hand was exposed to an extremely low pressure for most of the 90mins ascent, the 12mins wait at altitude right before he jumped, and the final 4mins fall.

• The resultant effect made Kittinger’s hand swell up to double its normal size and became painful. He couldn’t use the hand for a while. When he finally returned to normal pressure, the swelling in his hand reduced and he regained its use again within a few hours. However, at this time, it was already severely bruised and remained that way for several days.

https://uptownerd./2020/07/08/this-is-what-happens-when-an-astronauts-skin-is-exposed-to-outer-space/

Visit us for more interesting piece!

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: This Is What Happens When An Astronaut’s Skin Is Exposed To Outer Space (photos) by evansjeff(m): 7:50am On Jul 21, 2020
it's okay

1 Like

Re: This Is What Happens When An Astronaut’s Skin Is Exposed To Outer Space (photos) by popsy2(m): 7:59am On Jul 21, 2020
Hmm

1 Like

Re: This Is What Happens When An Astronaut’s Skin Is Exposed To Outer Space (photos) by illicit(m): 8:15am On Jul 21, 2020
Where d hand nah

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: This Is What Happens When An Astronaut’s Skin Is Exposed To Outer Space (photos) by Muurian: 8:17am On Jul 21, 2020
illicit:
Where d hand nah
E dey come.
Re: This Is What Happens When An Astronaut’s Skin Is Exposed To Outer Space (photos) by dinoplus: 8:53am On Jul 21, 2020
I was expecting a video showing the hand when it was swollen and when it had returned back to normal.. undecided

1 Like

Re: This Is What Happens When An Astronaut’s Skin Is Exposed To Outer Space (photos) by poiunt: 9:41am On Jul 21, 2020
Wow

I also learnt that when they come back to earth, they have to relearn how to walk again

1 Like

Re: This Is What Happens When An Astronaut’s Skin Is Exposed To Outer Space (photos) by Sabadon(m): 9:41am On Jul 21, 2020
oyibo n experiment sha

1 Like

Re: This Is What Happens When An Astronaut’s Skin Is Exposed To Outer Space (photos) by Haywhymido(m): 9:42am On Jul 21, 2020
Silly post, with the quality of the last picture, it could have been taken during world war 1 or 11.

2 Likes

Re: This Is What Happens When An Astronaut’s Skin Is Exposed To Outer Space (photos) by princetemitee(f): 10:08am On Jul 21, 2020
I pray make science no kill you o grin

1 Like

Re: This Is What Happens When An Astronaut’s Skin Is Exposed To Outer Space (photos) by LadyFaith882: 10:20am On Jul 21, 2020
evansjeff:
it's okay
Hello everyone, please I’m currently participating in an ongoing challenge on YouTube and I need your *Likes* to win.

Kindly click the SUBSCRIBE button and LIKE my video. For your like to count please you must subscribe to the channel.

Thanks �

https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=share&v=OnNY5k0sbTk
Re: This Is What Happens When An Astronaut’s Skin Is Exposed To Outer Space (photos) by LadyFaith882: 10:20am On Jul 21, 2020
Hello everyone, please I’m currently participating in an ongoing challenge on YouTube and I need your *Likes* to win.

Kindly click the SUBSCRIBE button and LIKE my video. For your like to count please you must subscribe to the channel.

Thanks �

https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=share&v=OnNY5k0sbTk
Re: This Is What Happens When An Astronaut’s Skin Is Exposed To Outer Space (photos) by Nobody: 11:09am On Jul 21, 2020
NASAlies. Liars!
Re: This Is What Happens When An Astronaut’s Skin Is Exposed To Outer Space (photos) by dazzlingd(m): 11:23am On Jul 21, 2020
Is this an astronaut or a sky diver

1 Like

Re: This Is What Happens When An Astronaut’s Skin Is Exposed To Outer Space (photos) by cassidy1996(m): 12:11pm On Jul 21, 2020
wey thing him find go there?
Re: This Is What Happens When An Astronaut’s Skin Is Exposed To Outer Space (photos) by Orire01(m): 12:21pm On Jul 21, 2020
Where the 'After' Picture?

I still sell affordable laptops with free delivery and pay on delivery.

Details on my signature
Re: This Is What Happens When An Astronaut’s Skin Is Exposed To Outer Space (photos) by Muurian: 12:45pm On Jul 21, 2020
Orire01:
Where the 'After' Picture?

I still sell affordable laptops with free delivery and pay on delivery.

Details on my signature
Updated.
Re: This Is What Happens When An Astronaut’s Skin Is Exposed To Outer Space (photos) by Randy36912(m): 1:09pm On Jul 21, 2020
dazzlingd:
Serious
Re: This Is What Happens When An Astronaut’s Skin Is Exposed To Outer Space (photos) by lilianofentse(f): 1:18pm On Jul 21, 2020
Everything nasa is a lie. It's still under luciferian control.
Re: This Is What Happens When An Astronaut’s Skin Is Exposed To Outer Space (photos) by kiddkash(m): 1:38pm On Jul 21, 2020
there is soo much radiation there
Re: This Is What Happens When An Astronaut’s Skin Is Exposed To Outer Space (photos) by Chirowman(m): 1:46pm On Jul 21, 2020
good info
Re: This Is What Happens When An Astronaut’s Skin Is Exposed To Outer Space (photos) by richardccavanau: 2:01pm On Jul 21, 2020
Fresnowebdesign.net is known for giving the keen web arrangements, including the easy to understand and brilliant website architectures that catch the eye of your crowd. You have to introduce your image as an all-around presumed brand to the individuals. Envision the dull and uninteresting sites destroying your image picture among your clients. You can't make a solid impression of your image; this could cost you a great deal. See Web Design Fresno
Re: This Is What Happens When An Astronaut’s Skin Is Exposed To Outer Space (photos) by Tonymegabush1(m): 2:24pm On Jul 21, 2020
Any bus going that way Outer space
Re: This Is What Happens When An Astronaut’s Skin Is Exposed To Outer Space (photos) by zeestone99(m): 2:36pm On Jul 21, 2020
poiunt:
Wow

I also learnt that when they come back to earth, they have to relearn how to walk again

They feel Very hesvy too.
Re: This Is What Happens When An Astronaut’s Skin Is Exposed To Outer Space (photos) by PrettyMuchNoOne: 2:43pm On Jul 21, 2020
Isn’t it just the nitrogen in the blood making the skin bloat?
Re: This Is What Happens When An Astronaut’s Skin Is Exposed To Outer Space (photos) by Petyr1: 3:57pm On Jul 21, 2020
lilianofentse:
come on! let be civilized
Re: This Is What Happens When An Astronaut’s Skin Is Exposed To Outer Space (photos) by ItayNinja: 5:20pm On Jul 21, 2020
Space can be very exciting. More information like this should be shared often.
Enroll now for Ijmb or Jupeb and secure your admission into 200L without Jamb. Visit ijmbdivinehelp.com to enroll.

1 Like

Re: This Is What Happens When An Astronaut’s Skin Is Exposed To Outer Space (photos) by merieam16(f): 5:25pm On Jul 21, 2020
dazzlingd:
na who i go ask
Re: This Is What Happens When An Astronaut’s Skin Is Exposed To Outer Space (photos) by dazzlingd(m): 5:52pm On Jul 21, 2020
lilianofentse:

And wat do they stand to gain from the lies.
Conspiracy theorists be like, why do birds fly and fishes swim...why

1 Like

Re: This Is What Happens When An Astronaut’s Skin Is Exposed To Outer Space (photos) by Chirowman(m): 8:00pm On Jul 21, 2020
good

(1) (2) (Reply)

U.b.t.h School Of Nursing Application Form: / 5 Foolish Things Guys Who Live In Same Room With Girls In Campus Do / Check Your Mpce Result @ Www.jambites.org

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.