Stats: 3,156,256 members, 7,829,495 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 08:02 AM

Top 9 Signs Your Phone Is Being Monitored By Someone - Phones (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Top 9 Signs Your Phone Is Being Monitored By Someone (81258 Views)

Could My Phone Be Monitored Or Hacked?(pics) / See Why Your Infinix Phone Is Not Charging/ Not Charging Fast / Help Please, My Phone Is Showing Number Busy Even When Its Not (2) (3) (4)

Re: Top 9 Signs Your Phone Is Being Monitored By Someone by obailala(m): 2:16pm On Jul 22, 2020
ghettokid1:
6. You are not using it but in suddenly turns on, that is a rare case.
7. High data usage.
8. There is a case that you find it difficult to shutdown your phone because of the barrier which is someone who has a spy app to prevent shutting down your phone.
9. If there is a pop-up ads but you actually didnt use the specific app. It means that there is malware and suspicious in your phone.
WARNING!!!
If you believe that someone is maliciously or illegally tracking your cell phone, contact the authorities and report your suspicions.
A useful addition to the list...
10. If you notice your wife always waits for you to doze off before she sleeps, then there's a high probability she's also monitoring your phone. cheesy
Re: Top 9 Signs Your Phone Is Being Monitored By Someone by Haywhymido(m): 2:18pm On Jul 22, 2020
ghettokid1:

Airplane Mode
Turn off the cellular and Wi-Fi radio on your phone. The easiest way to accomplish this task is to turn on the "Airplane Mode" feature, This shuts down both your cell radio as well as the Wi-Fi radio installed inside your phones so that neither of them can connect to their respective networks.
OR
Contact the authorities and report your suspicions.

contact which authority? Yeye dey smell, na Nigeria we dey o
Re: Top 9 Signs Your Phone Is Being Monitored By Someone by AsawanaDgreat: 2:20pm On Jul 22, 2020
Na only person wey get small money go dey worry right now.
Re: Top 9 Signs Your Phone Is Being Monitored By Someone by professore(m): 2:23pm On Jul 22, 2020
Okay
Re: Top 9 Signs Your Phone Is Being Monitored By Someone by Nobody: 2:30pm On Jul 22, 2020
These would like symptoms of using a cheap Chinese phone. grin grin
Re: Top 9 Signs Your Phone Is Being Monitored By Someone by Nwaonyishi69: 2:30pm On Jul 22, 2020
But, what if the monitoring is in Benin style?
Re: Top 9 Signs Your Phone Is Being Monitored By Someone by mii4u(f): 2:37pm On Jul 22, 2020
iyke926:

Dial *#21# to check, if they are all disabled/Not forwarded...you are good.
It pops up a msg like 'Call forwarding, 'connection problem', invalid MMI code
Re: Top 9 Signs Your Phone Is Being Monitored By Someone by lizdammy: 2:38pm On Jul 22, 2020
saajus:

- If you are receiving unwanted messages, it could be from marketers using IMSI catcher. Not that someone is monitoring you. If I have IMSI catcher in my car and drive around, I can send messages to all phones existing everywhere I passed through. I don't need to know their numbers. People use that device for SMS marketing. IMSI catcher is a legal device.

- If you want to catch who is sniffing at you, you can collect your phone packets using some packet sniffer applications on your computer. Linux is best to do this. From those packets, you can collect all your destination IP's and several other Infos. Go online and check the details of those IP. Some sites online will reveal IP's location and who owns them. If you discovered the IP had been blacklisted or who owns them do not correlate with any app on your phone, someone maybe monitoring you.

Thanks for sharing this piece.
Blessings!

Re: Top 9 Signs Your Phone Is Being Monitored By Someone by Ronin1: 2:39pm On Jul 22, 2020
None of those points is a clear indication you're being monitored. Your phone could be bad and you could definitely debug all those stuffs you listed with a little digging.

It's almost impossible to detect a top notch spyware, in fact you'd need luck to catch it cos it wouldn't throw up any flags.

Generally, to reduce your chances of ending up with those, you should stop sharing apps with people through xender and the rest, and stop downloading APK packages from random sites. Android is open source, so anyone that knows their onions can download an app and modify it anyhow, you wouldn't know unless you looked at the codebase. So only download apps from play store. Of course there are still chances to slip spywares and all sorts of crapware past play store nets but at least it'll considerably reduce your chances of ending up with one.

Finally, if you really don't want to be monitored or spied, then go back to dumb phones. Stay off the internet too.

Re: Top 9 Signs Your Phone Is Being Monitored By Someone by nedekid: 2:41pm On Jul 22, 2020
Dail *#21# to find out if you have forwarding unknowingly on your phine
Re: Top 9 Signs Your Phone Is Being Monitored By Someone by smelling5shit: 2:45pm On Jul 22, 2020
Good help us ooo. Wow
Meanwhile are you living in Benin-city, Gra or Sakponba to be precise and your Children are at home whiling away time, why not call a home Lesson teacher, try me a Math teacher, my no is 09017656411
Re: Top 9 Signs Your Phone Is Being Monitored By Someone by Goodman247: 2:45pm On Jul 22, 2020
richfriendsng:
Op change your battery and you are good to go.
Anyways, don't be afraid to get spied on if you know you are clean.

Just hustle legitimately and shun any incriminating activities.
that is my take also, don't be afraid to get spied on, if you know your hands are clean
Re: Top 9 Signs Your Phone Is Being Monitored By Someone by pquaver(m): 2:48pm On Jul 22, 2020
Fastestmanalive:
Seun Lalasticlala

Abeg front page, let people know If they are potentially being monitored by hushpuppi and his compatriots.

Imagine they monitor you while you are putting in your bank account pin. shocked

For how much? 5k we Wan pay in? Oga if this monitor can not monitor dem bill gates, dangoze and bezos na useless monitor be that ooo.. Maybe village people can start to use it oooo.. Babalawo high tech mirror via wifi
Re: Top 9 Signs Your Phone Is Being Monitored By Someone by HabaHaba: 2:55pm On Jul 22, 2020
ghettokid1:
7. High data usage.
8. There is a case that you find it difficult to shutdown your phone because of the barrier which is someone who has a spy app to prevent shutting down your phone.
9. If there is a pop-up ads but you actually didnt use the specific app. It means that there is malware and suspicious in your phone.
WARNING!!!
If you believe that someone is maliciously or illegally tracking your cell phone, contact the authorities and report your suspicions.

Haba, "Contact the authorities...". Which authorities, you no mention.

#HabaHaba is back with a bang!
Re: Top 9 Signs Your Phone Is Being Monitored By Someone by Happyfela(m): 2:56pm On Jul 22, 2020
Nobody is Hidden on the Internet.
Re: Top 9 Signs Your Phone Is Being Monitored By Someone by litaninja(m): 3:01pm On Jul 22, 2020
Or maybe you just have a crap phone from a crap vendor?

ghettokid1:
7. High data usage.
WARNING!!!
Re: Top 9 Signs Your Phone Is Being Monitored By Someone by Sniper4real(m): 3:09pm On Jul 22, 2020
ghettokid1:

Airplane Mode
Turn off the cellular and Wi-Fi radio on your phone. The easiest way to accomplish this task is to turn on the "Airplane Mode" feature, This shuts down both your cell radio as well as the Wi-Fi radio installed inside your phones so that neither of them can connect to their respective networks.
OR
Contact the authorities and report your suspicions.

If i off the airplane mode after, shey I wont be monitored again
Re: Top 9 Signs Your Phone Is Being Monitored By Someone by Nobody: 3:09pm On Jul 22, 2020
When you install new apps on android devices, always check the permissons and deny unnessary acess. Imagine installing a simples game and it needs access to camera, contacts, location, mic, camera, etc.

Ios devices are much more secured in some cases but some vulnerabilities exist for all devices. Eg an advanced spyware android rat that can simply place a whatsapp call, wether you answer or not the device is compromised and payload installed.

Whatsapp claimed to have fixed it but still a hole exist in the new patch. Thanks to israeli coders.

Re: Top 9 Signs Your Phone Is Being Monitored By Someone by Justarandomguy: 3:09pm On Jul 22, 2020
When u know ur useless and know one cares about ur stolen data . Chai

Re: Top 9 Signs Your Phone Is Being Monitored By Someone by Nobody: 3:20pm On Jul 22, 2020
mii4u:

It pops up a msg like 'Call forwarding, 'connection problem', invalid MMI code
Just keep trying. I normally dial that code when someone uses my phone.
Re: Top 9 Signs Your Phone Is Being Monitored By Someone by millionboi2: 3:33pm On Jul 22, 2020
BigSarah:
These are mostly signs of a faulty phone
hahahaha

Are u single?
Re: Top 9 Signs Your Phone Is Being Monitored By Someone by Nobody: 3:43pm On Jul 22, 2020
ghettokid1:

I don't think so

Some apps can let you know when someone is tracking your key pad
Re: Top 9 Signs Your Phone Is Being Monitored By Someone by Nobody: 3:47pm On Jul 22, 2020
thesicilian:
I've seen several cases of civilians monitoring other civilians' phones, eg jealous partners, bosses, etc. Not everything is a conspiracy theory.

We are talking of hackers that can read your text messages without touching your phone, watch you through your phone phone camera track your keypad and steal your data.
Re: Top 9 Signs Your Phone Is Being Monitored By Someone by Nobody: 3:53pm On Jul 22, 2020
saajus:
- People can monitor your phone through apps you installed intentionally or unintentionally. The first thing to do If you are suspecting anything is to reset/format your phone. If the android OS on your phone is the culprit, then reset/format won't stop anything

- Don't download apps from unknown sources. For android, use playstore. For iPhone, use Apple store. Apps downloaded from those stores have passed through scrutiny, and Google/Apple have checked for backdoors and continuously checking for it. A very few intelligent developers can beat Google and Apple scrutiny, but their apps will not last 30days before they are caught.

- If you've rooted your android phone, you are highly prone to many bad things. That's why Android phone manufacturers tell you that, if you root your phone, you've lost the warranty. Cos, they can't vouch for the source of custom android ROM you installed. In fact, the more significant percentage of custom Android ROM online are developed by hackers. If anyone installs such, those guys are collecting every information from the phone. Even, if you remove those hackers android ROM from your phone, it may not resolve the problem cos they develop it in a very sneaky way that their piece of code will always reside somewhere on your phone storage. You may have to abandon the phone or change the logic board to be completely free.

- If you are receiving unwanted messages, it could be from marketers using IMSI catcher. Not that someone is monitoring you. If I have IMSI catcher in my car and drive around, I can send messages to all phones existing everywhere I passed through. I don't need to know their numbers. People use that device for SMS marketing. IMSI catcher is a legal device.

- If you want to catch who is sniffing at you, you can collect your phone packets using some packet sniffer applications on your computer. Linux is best to do this. From those packets, you can collect all your destination IP's and several other Infos. Go online and check the details of those IP. Some sites online will reveal IP's location and who owns them. If you discovered the IP had been blacklisted or who owns them do not correlate with any app on your phone, someone maybe monitoring you.

You must be a programer

Re: Top 9 Signs Your Phone Is Being Monitored By Someone by Nobody: 3:59pm On Jul 22, 2020
Culin:
But what are the signs that your Whatsapp has been mirrored. I have a feeling someone else has access to my Whatsapp.

Apps like whatapp are highly protected with end to end encryption.

Make sure your whatsapp is the original one that's over 1 billion downloads.
Re: Top 9 Signs Your Phone Is Being Monitored By Someone by deedan9(m): 4:00pm On Jul 22, 2020
highfivetnt:
I don't think anybody will want to monitor a civilian phone. This is just conspiracy theory

Our phone is constantly monitored. You cannot use your android device effectively without your email. Your email is linked to you.

There's something called big data. Big data collects user information and utilise them. I am not saying Big data is used on devices, but the concept is rich to explain this: "That we are monitored!"

Just try this out: Talk about any topic that you have not browsed about before when your smartphone is connected to the internet frequently all the time. You will see ads about the topic when you open a website or use the Facebook app or other devices.

If you read the privacy and terms condition of mobile applications, you will discover that many apps from PlayStore or Appstore spy on us. It's used in marketing for targeted ads. That is why you can get some weird ads sometimes.

Take a look at your email, you might have probably received some emails from people you don't even know about or from websites you have never browsed. How then did they get your email address?

The thing is, we are watched, for real!

Re: Top 9 Signs Your Phone Is Being Monitored By Someone by Nobody: 4:01pm On Jul 22, 2020
benebaby77:

Please which authorities should we contact? The authorities (police officers) that I contacted my phone was snatched and the person and his accomplices used my line to transfer the money from my accounts. I have been to police stations more than 15 times, the police officers refused to prosecute my case asking me to bring money for them to track the person even when all his details as obtained from my useless Access Bank.

Is that the authorities that answer you when you reported because of phone tracking suspicions?

Complain to them on twitter they will answer you
Re: Top 9 Signs Your Phone Is Being Monitored By Someone by molbic(m): 4:05pm On Jul 22, 2020
it's true there is this my friend that intersepted a nude video of one of the sells girl in our market the girl intended to send to her customer boyfriend.infact this my friend use to mornitor so many people in our market because he sets and configures phone for everyone in the market including the big ogas and this guy is an apprentice but he Sabi phone well well that he was nicknamed gwodozar in the market.the annoying thing is that this guy is also mornitoring me his friend
Re: Top 9 Signs Your Phone Is Being Monitored By Someone by Nobody: 4:11pm On Jul 22, 2020
litathom:
You keep typing contact the authorities, which authority are you saying gan gan. Is the Nigerian Police that are daft. How do you even want to present it to them when you go to report.

I think the OP just copied the post and paste it here.

Imagine going to police station to report that you're suspecting that someone is monitoring your phone, then give them the evidence.

They will ask if you're okay,

Re: Top 9 Signs Your Phone Is Being Monitored By Someone by Nobody: 4:20pm On Jul 22, 2020
Someone7:
These would like symptoms of using a cheap Chinese phone. grin grin

It can happen to any phone

The bigger your phone, the more the risk.

Such people don't monitor cheap phones, unless government.

Apple phones users are more targeted than cheap phone or Android phone users.
Re: Top 9 Signs Your Phone Is Being Monitored By Someone by thesicilian: 4:30pm On Jul 22, 2020
FrMbaka:

We are talking of hackers that can read your text messages without touching your phone, watch you through your phone phone camera track your keypad and steal your data.
Okay

How To Unroot Your Android Device Using King Root / Codes For Listening To Phone Calls / How Can I Destroy A Stolen Phone Using Its Imei Number?

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51