Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,205 members, 7,811,548 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 02:27 PM

Jonathan Visits Buhari — 3 Days After Railway Complex Was Named After Him - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan Visits Buhari — 3 Days After Railway Complex Was Named After Him (63653 Views)

Muhammadu Buhari 3-Layer Interchange In Hotoro Kano State, Commissioned / President Buhari's 3 Beautiful Daughters Rock Matching Outfits (photos) / Buhari 3 Years Physical Achievements True Or False, Criticize With Fact And Fig. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jonathan Visits Buhari — 3 Days After Railway Complex Was Named After Him by Nobody: 2:02pm On Jul 21, 2020
Ex-President Goodluck Jonathan on Tuesday paid a visit to President Muhammadu Buhari at the presidential villa in Abuja.

The visit comes three days after Buhari named the railway complex in Agbor, Delta state, after his predecessor.

Speaking to journalists after the meeting, Jonathan commended Buhari for naming the railway complex after him.

He described the move as a “good gesture”.

The line, which was started in 1987, was built to move iron ore from the mines around Itakpe to the steelworks at Ajaokuta, Kogi state, but was abandoned for many years before construction resumed during Buhari’s first term in office.

Jonathan described he completion of the project as “the way to go”.

According to him, “it shows that the president is going on with the legacy projects of previous administrations”.

“Let me use this opportunity to commend Mr President publicly. I have already sent a letter to him appreciating that it is a good gesture,” Jonathan said.

“Completing the railway programme is good. It shows that the president is going on with the legacy projects of previous administrations and that is the way to go. I appreciate it and I thank Mr President.”

Asked how he would describe his relationship with the president, Jonathan said: “ You’ve been seeing me coming to see the president and you’ve been seeing us having very friendly conversations. So, our relationship is OK.”

The former president paid his first visit to Buhari during his second term on October 10.

He also visited his successor on January 30.

https://www.thecable.ng/jonathan-visits-buhari-3-days-after-railway-complex-was-named-after-him

13 Likes

Re: Jonathan Visits Buhari — 3 Days After Railway Complex Was Named After Him by OUTLAWwizard: 2:06pm On Jul 21, 2020
Can Nigeria be great again?

To the skeptics, the answer may be too simplistic but it will surprise you to know that we're not the only country that has ever come to this level of rot - for want of a better world.
I can not readily tell you the stories of countries such as France, England, even the United States (you can read up on them) but the truth is that where there is a will, there will always be a way.

LIKE if you believe in Nigeria's greatness, SHARE if you think otherwise

330 Likes 75 Shares

Re: Jonathan Visits Buhari — 3 Days After Railway Complex Was Named After Him by etrange: 3:58pm On Jul 21, 2020
I first read he was there to update the president on his progress in Mali. Now it's being tied to the naming of the new constructed railway complex. We might never know what they actually discussed.

Nevertheless, it's good to see them getting along fine. Our infant democracy and supposedly ridiculous political system is still better than those of many African countries.

55 Likes

Re: Jonathan Visits Buhari — 3 Days After Railway Complex Was Named After Him by chiboyo(m): 3:58pm On Jul 21, 2020
Jonathan, a man of peace, a man who has known unprecedented "Goodluck"!

Unlike the the current occupant who is always "shocked" at everything happening...

137 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Jonathan Visits Buhari — 3 Days After Railway Complex Was Named After Him by keu8: 3:58pm On Jul 21, 2020
Jonathan had his challenges then as President, but still the best President Nigeria ever produced.

Sowore also have his challenges either by supporting the present Government to come on board, but still he'll do better than all previous and present Government put together.

Check my signature and see how you can be making at least 100k Monthly and Legitimately with your phone and from home

35 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Jonathan Visits Buhari — 3 Days After Railway Complex Was Named After Him by Okuda(m): 3:58pm On Jul 21, 2020
God when?
Re: Jonathan Visits Buhari — 3 Days After Railway Complex Was Named After Him by Chirowman(m): 3:58pm On Jul 21, 2020
good but is like president Buhari hate face mask like I do ,I can't even breath wearing that mask kilode with covid19.�

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jonathan Visits Buhari — 3 Days After Railway Complex Was Named After Him by wman(m): 3:58pm On Jul 21, 2020
Good.

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Visits Buhari — 3 Days After Railway Complex Was Named After Him by Nobody: 3:58pm On Jul 21, 2020
Surely, no permanent enemies in politics. It's only the masses that kill themselves over political differences.

30 Likes

Re: Jonathan Visits Buhari — 3 Days After Railway Complex Was Named After Him by TheWalkingMind: 3:58pm On Jul 21, 2020
Jb
Re: Jonathan Visits Buhari — 3 Days After Railway Complex Was Named After Him by Greenvaiper: 3:58pm On Jul 21, 2020
That stupid meat griller (mannabbq) won't like this wink

9 Likes

Re: Jonathan Visits Buhari — 3 Days After Railway Complex Was Named After Him by Bighead9: 3:58pm On Jul 21, 2020
Président Buhari is a leader with a good heart.

33 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Jonathan Visits Buhari — 3 Days After Railway Complex Was Named After Him by benzine: 3:59pm On Jul 21, 2020
God bless GEJ
God bless PMB

Nice to see two grown ups. May I learn from you both

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jonathan Visits Buhari — 3 Days After Railway Complex Was Named After Him by auduadeniyi(m): 3:59pm On Jul 21, 2020
whaaaat for what i don't give a Bleep oo

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Visits Buhari — 3 Days After Railway Complex Was Named After Him by oghenetegah(m): 3:59pm On Jul 21, 2020
Good to them
Re: Jonathan Visits Buhari — 3 Days After Railway Complex Was Named After Him by bigdammyj: 3:59pm On Jul 21, 2020
President is not using face mask?

3 Likes

Re: Jonathan Visits Buhari — 3 Days After Railway Complex Was Named After Him by tunary(m): 3:59pm On Jul 21, 2020
wow. Jonathan is one of the best president of Nigeria, buhari can testify to that in his heart

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jonathan Visits Buhari — 3 Days After Railway Complex Was Named After Him by exynos(m): 3:59pm On Jul 21, 2020
It is well...
Re: Jonathan Visits Buhari — 3 Days After Railway Complex Was Named After Him by hollaayeni: 3:59pm On Jul 21, 2020
Nice pix... but this one wey your president no dey wear nose cover & he want make citizens to wear.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jonathan Visits Buhari — 3 Days After Railway Complex Was Named After Him by Nobody: 3:59pm On Jul 21, 2020
I wonder who'll bow for who among both of them...
Re: Jonathan Visits Buhari — 3 Days After Railway Complex Was Named After Him by CalabarPikin: 4:00pm On Jul 21, 2020
One and only Democratic leader Nigeria will ever have

6 Likes

Re: Jonathan Visits Buhari — 3 Days After Railway Complex Was Named After Him by Openbusiness4: 4:00pm On Jul 21, 2020
Up till now Buhari is not wearing face masks in public, yet citizens are being embarrassed, harassed, arrested, prosecuted for not wearing it in public. Later NCDC will be sending me useless text messages that I should take responsibility. They should send Buhari d message abeg, ah no need am sad

11 Likes

Re: Jonathan Visits Buhari — 3 Days After Railway Complex Was Named After Him by OkoAmarashy: 4:00pm On Jul 21, 2020
Anytime Jonathan visits Buhari, a new set of thieves under GEJ's administration are arrested. I don't know the arrangement GEJ has with APC but he's a great asset to Apc.
In the coming weeks, a new scandal about members of GEJ's administration would leak.

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jonathan Visits Buhari — 3 Days After Railway Complex Was Named After Him by abbey621(m): 4:00pm On Jul 21, 2020
These two have done more damage to the future of Nigerians than all the previous leaders combined. Even the disastrous Abacha and IBB still managed to maintain some form of authority. These ones, mr clueless and mr lifeless have set 9ja back another 100 years.....SHAME!

28 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Jonathan Visits Buhari — 3 Days After Railway Complex Was Named After Him by VampireJoe(m): 4:00pm On Jul 21, 2020
Omo see space Booker's grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jonathan Visits Buhari — 3 Days After Railway Complex Was Named After Him by utenwuson: 4:01pm On Jul 21, 2020
So nobody has been able to know unravel this man portraying himself as buhari till now? Wahala

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jonathan Visits Buhari — 3 Days After Railway Complex Was Named After Him by Karlman: 4:01pm On Jul 21, 2020
So what is our gain?
Re: Jonathan Visits Buhari — 3 Days After Railway Complex Was Named After Him by johnykgoal: 4:01pm On Jul 21, 2020
Nice one

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Goodluck Jonathan Visits Umar Muttaka In The Hospital, Commend His Bravery / With Buhari Absent From Frontline, Governors Exercise Presidential Powers - PT / President Buhari Receives Governor Hope Uzodinma Of Imo State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.