Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,352 members, 7,815,718 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:08 PM

Goodluck Jonathan: I'm Grateful To Buhari And Amaechi - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Goodluck Jonathan: I'm Grateful To Buhari And Amaechi (40110 Views)

Pictures Of Lawan And Amaechi At Tinubu's Campaign Flag-off Yesterday / When Tinubu And Amaechi Met Buhari Yesterday (pictures) / Leaked Tape: Buhari And Amaechi Laughing Out Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Goodluck Jonathan: I'm Grateful To Buhari And Amaechi by ganisucks(f): 8:10am On Jul 22, 2020
Former President Goodluck Jonathan has extended his appreciation to the Minister of Transport, Chibuike Amaechi, over the honour of renaming a rail station after him.

Speaking on the Buhari administration, Jonathan said completing the railway programme was good, adding that it shows that the President was going on with the legacy projects of the previous administrations.

He said this was the way to go.
Speaking to State House Correspondents after a closed-door meeting with President Muhammadu Buhari on Tuesday, Jonathan said he had written the President in appreciation for the gesture.

Buhari recently named the largest station on the Warri-Itakpe railway route –the Agbor railway facility and station – after Jonathan.

“Let me use this opportunity to commend Mr. President publicly,” he said, adding that he had already sent a letter to the President privately to thank him for the gesture.

“And completing the railway programme is good. It shows that the President is doing, is going on with the legacy projects of the previous administrations. That is the way to go.

“I sent a letter to him. I commended him verbally too but you are asking me now. Let me also do it publicly. I appreciate it, I thank Mr. President, the Minister of Transportation, and others that made it possible,” he said.

Earlier, the former had said he maintains a good relationship with his successor, President Buhari.

Asked about their current relationship, he said: “You’ve been seeing me coming and you have been seeing us having friendly conversations.
“So, our relationship is ok.”
https://dailypost.ng/2020/07/22/goodluck-jonathan-speaks-on-buhari-govt-appreciates-amaechi/

31 Likes

Re: Goodluck Jonathan: I'm Grateful To Buhari And Amaechi by ebenhazard(m): 8:11am On Jul 22, 2020
Glory be to God

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Goodluck Jonathan: I'm Grateful To Buhari And Amaechi by PIMPAR: 8:12am On Jul 22, 2020
Gbam
Re: Goodluck Jonathan: I'm Grateful To Buhari And Amaechi by cpu2006(m): 8:14am On Jul 22, 2020
You are grateful to Amachi? Your number one enemy! Then, your are far better than Buhari.
God bless you sir

176 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Goodluck Jonathan: I'm Grateful To Buhari And Amaechi by BigTableShaker(f): 8:15am On Jul 22, 2020
All na wash.
Re: Goodluck Jonathan: I'm Grateful To Buhari And Amaechi by NOC1(m): 8:16am On Jul 22, 2020
cpu2006:
You are grateful to Amachi? Your number one enemy! Then, your are far better than Buhari.
God bless you sir

Disagreement in politics is not enmity, it is all about people view and want. Only people like you on the streets see them as enemies, their is always a common ground for agreement in politics.

Back in the days in the university, our party executives approached me to run for SUG post, I searched myself after few days and declined the offer but I was giving the opportunity to nominate my replacement which I graciously did and nominated a distant friend, during campaigns I found out that I have been pushed aside, party did not tell the young man in question how he came into play because I nominated a man outside my clique because he is upright than my friends who have interest.

When I saw the neglect I went back to my friends, but I did not mention my political nose dive to them, I only joined their independent candidacy to support the candidate they chose, to them money was everything because they had the cash, the most expensive campaign in school was carried out by us in 2 years(story for another day).

The party I left is the ruling party, most of the school management and CSOs are tactically behind the party.

Twice I and my friends where picked up and detained in and outside school, we did not declare war on them because we understand it is normal politics after election when we lost our in two consecutive years we never saw it as a war against our opponents, we still have a common ground where we agree.

Only a fool and uninformed person takes politics and what comes out from it during campaign and election period serious. With my experience one week after election life goes on.

158 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Goodluck Jonathan: I'm Grateful To Buhari And Amaechi by masterflowx(m): 8:20am On Jul 22, 2020
R
Re: Goodluck Jonathan: I'm Grateful To Buhari And Amaechi by bjprodint(f): 8:21am On Jul 22, 2020
BigTableShaker:
All na wash.
with which soap?

13 Likes

Re: Goodluck Jonathan: I'm Grateful To Buhari And Amaechi by hisgrace090: 8:21am On Jul 22, 2020
One love!
Re: Goodluck Jonathan: I'm Grateful To Buhari And Amaechi by allen113: 8:26am On Jul 22, 2020
ok
Re: Goodluck Jonathan: I'm Grateful To Buhari And Amaechi by Maxymilliano(m): 8:32am On Jul 22, 2020
Former President Goodluck Jonathan has extended his appreciation to the Minister of Transport, Chibuike Amaechi, over the honour of renaming a rail station after him.
Jonathan, the man with the large heart.

34 Likes

Re: Goodluck Jonathan: I'm Grateful To Buhari And Amaechi by 360degreess(m): 8:35am On Jul 22, 2020
cpu2006:
God bless you sir
.. You better stop destroying your soul with the hatred of Buhari. Buhari doesn't know you are existing, but you know who he is either you like it or not because he's not in your level at all... Even your hero(GEJ) respects him.

56 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Goodluck Jonathan: I'm Grateful To Buhari And Amaechi by cystem(m): 8:41am On Jul 22, 2020
cheesy cheesy
Re: Goodluck Jonathan: I'm Grateful To Buhari And Amaechi by Nobody: 8:41am On Jul 22, 2020
Wailers how market?

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Goodluck Jonathan: I'm Grateful To Buhari And Amaechi by Slawormir: 8:41am On Jul 22, 2020
Damnnnnn niggarrr
Isoright

Even buhari understand that government is a continuum

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Goodluck Jonathan: I'm Grateful To Buhari And Amaechi by Jahzrockballer(m): 8:41am On Jul 22, 2020
Okay
Re: Goodluck Jonathan: I'm Grateful To Buhari And Amaechi by pretydiva(f): 8:41am On Jul 22, 2020
Dem don grease your hand undecided
Re: Goodluck Jonathan: I'm Grateful To Buhari And Amaechi by Amspecial: 8:42am On Jul 22, 2020
grin
Re: Goodluck Jonathan: I'm Grateful To Buhari And Amaechi by Ifeanyi4491(m): 8:42am On Jul 22, 2020
5g network
Re: Goodluck Jonathan: I'm Grateful To Buhari And Amaechi by Maxcollins042(m): 8:42am On Jul 22, 2020
Fight for Nigerian politicians at your own peril

3 Likes

Re: Goodluck Jonathan: I'm Grateful To Buhari And Amaechi by deepwater(f): 8:42am On Jul 22, 2020
“I sent a letter to him. I commended him verbally too but you are asking me now. Let me also do it publicly. I appreciate it, I thank Mr. President, the Minister of Transportation, and others that made it possible,” he said.

we never knew what we missed until we missed u sir
you are loyal!

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Goodluck Jonathan: I'm Grateful To Buhari And Amaechi by OLDESTWARRIBOY: 8:42am On Jul 22, 2020
Wetin e wan do before?? Make him dey ungrateful?

Abeg make ona carry this chief looter cumot here

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Goodluck Jonathan: I'm Grateful To Buhari And Amaechi by victorazyvictor(m): 8:42am On Jul 22, 2020
Is call
Re: Goodluck Jonathan: I'm Grateful To Buhari And Amaechi by englishmart(m): 8:42am On Jul 22, 2020
Buhari should be the one grateful to you for cowardly giving up power to him like a scared little boy. See what that has gotten us into. Jonathan was corrupt, but his corruption is less than 1/10th of Buhari's

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Goodluck Jonathan: I'm Grateful To Buhari And Amaechi by israelmao(m): 8:43am On Jul 22, 2020
Ameachi and Buhari are stretching out olive-branch to a man they so hated.

2 Likes

Re: Goodluck Jonathan: I'm Grateful To Buhari And Amaechi by EyezofGod120: 8:43am On Jul 22, 2020
grin
Re: Goodluck Jonathan: I'm Grateful To Buhari And Amaechi by phr0nesis(m): 8:43am On Jul 22, 2020
Buhari and I can't believe it

1 Share

Re: Goodluck Jonathan: I'm Grateful To Buhari And Amaechi by Seun4FastLoans(f): 8:44am On Jul 22, 2020
Good for you

I am here to let you know what I do. Check my signature

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Caption This Photo Of Nnamdi Kanu And Charles Soludo / Kanu To Buhari: Release ‘Mama Biafra’ From Detention, She’s Mother To Me / Nigeria Customs To Grill 12 Officers Allegedly Involved In Petrol Smuggling

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.